The Melting Pot - San Antonio
14855 Blanco Rd, Suite 110
San Antonio, TX 78216Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/san-antonio/specials
- Phone: 2104796358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - San Antonio
At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where patrons can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a unique dining experience including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
The Melting Pot - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (92)notable wine list (41)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AwesomeDined on 10/18/2014My experience was awesome!!! The food and atmosphere was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time experience.ShodanDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was great. Our server did a fantastic job of guiding is through the menu and is options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for childrenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Please don't bring your young kids here. It is unsafe for them at the tables. Also, it takes away from my special occasion to hear them yelling a couple of tables down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceedingly awesomeUsaf2goDined on 10/8/2014Again our anniversary dinner was one of the best meals of the year because of the Melting Pot staff. The server was knowledgeable and attentive. The food is always above average and the s'mores desset was just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This was our first experience at The Melting Pot and we were not satisfied. We had a reservation and had to wait 45 minutes before someone took our drink order. We waited at least 20 minutes for every course sitting there with empty plates, bowls, and drinks. Then at the end we were told by our server that they were short staffed. Not good. We were expecting quality for the price we paid.Special Features:
- StillookingDined on 10/4/2014Good for special occasions. Or a fun night out with the girls. I didn't find the quality of the food that great.Special Features:
- Just mehUnsatisfiedDined on 10/4/2014The food was all "just alright". We had a 7:30 reservation and didn't leave until almost 10:30. I was shocked at how long it took us to get through all 4 courses. We waited at least 20 minutes before we ordered our food, and there was quite a bit of wait time in between courses. Our waiter gave us cooking instructions for the entrees, but they were incorrect. My chicken was raw for the time he gave us. It was not an experience I enjoyed and for having a $120 tab before tip, I will not return. In my opinion it's not a lot of food for the price you pay.
- OustandingPandora91Dined on 9/27/2014This place always seems to impress me everytime, I can never get tired of this place. Love the food. I went for the Couple 4 course meal with the wine. I must say the wine did compliment each course. It was wonderful! My boyfriend loved it!Special Features:
- texasgirl06Dined on 9/27/2014Our service and food was great! We had a private booth which was very nice as it allowed us to have privacy and yet be spoiled with eating out.Special Features:
- disappointed in serviceletsdineDined on 9/25/2014I have been to The Melting numerous times and have never been disappointed until my last visit. On the first course we found a long hair in with the chips for the cheese fondue. The waitress looked irritated when we showed her, didn't apologize, and then took 8 minutes to bring us more. When she brought the new bowl she set it down and walked away without a word. The rest of the meal we experienced extremely slow service waiting about 20 minutes between courses. We weren't looking for much but would have appreciated an apology or acknowledgment of the situation and good service considering the prices at this place. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- Uniquely WonderfulfoodgypsyDined on 9/23/2014I do not know if I would call myself a foodie. That term has taken on a seemingly pious persona at no fault to the word itself. I do frequent eateries in which I have a high expectaion based on the restaurants reputation. The Melting Pot did not disappoint. At first the "cook-it-yourself" novelty seems as though it would be short lived. It was not. Two hours into our great dinner I was still looking forward to the next hunk of delicious meat to emerge from the boiling goodness that is referred to as the "cooking style". From the table side fondue preparation, circa 1930's, to the secluded "kiss me" environment, to the absolutely terrific service you can be guaranteed The Melting Pot will be frequented by this patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dateBuckBangerDined on 9/22/2014This is a great place for a romantic, interactive dinner. Most of the seating is semi-private for 2 or they can accommodate a group. Tell them of your special event and the staff signs a card to you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trey was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit to the Melting Pot and were a little lost on the menu. Trey made it extremely comfortable and explained everything to us. He gave us his recommendations and they were perfect! My husband and I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAMeltingJoyDined on 9/19/2014The experience was awesome, and our server was the best I have had serve me in quite some time, he was very attentive and lots of patience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We have always walked away very pleased with our experience ..until this last visit. As we entered the restaurant our reception was with no response...almost a burden. We were seated ...having a many options [appeared we were 2/2 familes in the entire restaurant] ..... directly next to the second party with two excited children. Even the 'manager of the night' lacked professionalism and in my opinion did not compliment the eliteness/elegance of what we consider a fine dine. The save of the night was our server Monique.... she was very attentive professional and delightful!!! I am hopeful this was an isolated experience ....Special Features:
- Great food,inattentive fake serviceDesignAngelVIPDined on 9/15/2014I have always loved the melting pot. Since this is a chain it is to be expected that things will served the same way. But the service was horrible. The server could've worked McDonald's. We were trying to have a very romantic special occasion dinner. And the food and the drinks were great! The server made the dinner feel less than special. What a shame...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to me!TlovesfoodandmusicDined on 9/13/2014I decided to have my birthday dinner here, and am so glad that I did! Our server Tre was awesome, my table was adorned with rose petals and the food was SO delicious. Our group didn't even realize that we had spent 3.5 hours there...time flew by! The soundtrack was amazing, great food, great service and a birthday picture...it was a great birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night OutLuv2eatDined on 9/13/2014Went to melting pot with my family to celebrate getting a new job. The food and service were wonderful. This is a place to enjoy family time or it can be romantic with just two! Not only is the food great but it is fun to cook your own food. The cheese and chocolate fondue is incredible, try the fiesta cheese and banana fosters chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteluv2eatDined on 9/7/2014Dessert is my favorite, especially when it consists of chocolate fondue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnaDined on 9/6/2014We laughed so much it was a blast trying to rescue our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okslugger07Dined on 9/6/2014I had higher hopes, and was disappointed in the food quality. Not worth the price in my opinion. I've spent my hard earned money in better restaurants. The service was great, the ambiance was a bit of a disappointment compared to other restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- Family Fun2busymomDined on 8/29/2014Our family always has a great time whe we dine at the Melting Pot! Great food, atmosphere and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLisaDined on 8/28/2014I brought my sister here for her birthday and it was her first time. She loved it! We will do this again. The drinks were good, the food was fun and the peaches and cream chocolate fondue was a hidden treasure that topped off the night!Special Features:
- Great for a special eveningKevthebritDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic wine list; great food, service is attentive and not intrusive. The concept is fun and this is a great place for a special meal or event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!debcDined on 8/23/2014We go to the Melting Pot quite a bit. We love it and were very happy to see it take part in Restaurant Week. Hope they repeat this every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in almost everything!Funduelovers4Dined on 8/22/2014The dinner, the service, the restaurante and the ultimate romantic package was fantastic. The only point to improve was the private dinning area, that happened not to be so private. A loud group was placed next to the table and the privacy and romantic scenario changed. However, our server Lauren was outstanding!Special Features:
- Very nice birthday dinnerPegnDaveDined on 8/20/2014We were celebrating two birthdays. The part about the birthdays probably got lost when we had to switch the day of our reservation, but the dinner was still excellent. The service was top-notch.Special Features:
- Not happy with waitressdiningbadDined on 8/20/2014She did not come back to refill my tea. It took a long time for our ticket to get from her.Special Features:
- ABCDEFGDined on 8/16/2014Food is not good. Save your money and go to Silo instead. Ambience is nonexistent.
- ShugDined on 8/16/2014Not set up to accommodate large groups, crowded tables . One server insufficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencepenguin421Dined on 8/15/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, it was our first time, and it was a great experience. The waiter was very helpful and thoroughly explained the menu to us. I will defiantly come back again, the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerunexpectedDined on 8/12/2014Nice, quiet, romantic setting. Very nice, friendly service. But I was surprised when we had to cook out own meat and vegetables! Just not what I expect for over $100 Bill!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereFoodie88Dined on 8/9/2014If you are looking to have an enjoyable dinner out with your significant other, this is the place! When you request a private table, the setting is very intimate. The cheese and chocolate are the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !!YummyDined on 8/9/2014Always a great time with good friends. Well taken care of in every aspect. Needs alittle more menu options for vegetarians would be nice.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionAbbeyDined on 8/8/2014It was easy to balk at the prices initially when it's tough to get out of there for under $30/person, assuming you drink water. I've been there several times, so I knew what to expect at my latest visit. But once I took every aspect into account, I reconsidered. The ambiance is quiet and elegant, the service impeccable. The food is simple but high-quality and delicious. Combine those with the show the waiter/waitress puts on and the entertainment of cooking/sharing your food and mixing meats/veggies with various sauces, and it is actually a great deal, though not something done often. For maximum entertainment and enjoyment, you can't go wrong with a 4-course meal that ends with chocolate fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & FoodmizzbeccyDined on 8/1/2014Great place. Fun! My husband and I had the pleasure of having our fondue experience here. The atmosphere is great! The food is excellent, and the wine list is superb. A must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great time, food and service as always! Thanks James for making my husband's first time at the restaurant the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love The Melting Pot!PollyTXDined on 7/30/2014The Melting Pot in San Antonio is terrific. We've been to others in TX, but love this one the best! Great service, and a great way to spend a romantic evening with your loved one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Unique Dining ExperienceStefanieDined on 7/29/2014We took our daughter here for her 16th birthday. We choose the 4 course experience, and it was wonderful. It was fun to see the waiter prepare the cheese fondue at the table. We got to prepare our own dinner in the fondue pot too, and I was not expecting that. The meats were seasoned well, and the dipping sauces were tasty. The dessert was decadent, chocolate. Really good. The entire experience was great. Come very hungry! If you choose the 4 course meal, it is a ton of rich food! Go easy on the bread and cheese, if you can! It fills you up fast. If there are four of you, like in our party, I would not choose a booth. It was a tight fit, but still ok. It is pretty expensive too, but fun for a special occasion or romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great for Catching Up With FriendsChocoholicDined on 7/25/2014Great evening for our group of 8 to converse over our meal for a couple of hours! Really enjoyed the unhurried, quiet atmosphere with good friends, great food and attentive service! This place helps make any evening a special occasion!Special Features: