The Melting Pot - San Antonio
14855 Blanco Rd, Suite 110
San Antonio, TX 78216Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/san-antonio/specials
- Phone: 2104796358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - San Antonio
At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where patrons can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a unique dining experience including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
The Melting Pot - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (95)notable wine list (41)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Family Fun2busymomDined on 8/29/2014Our family always has a great time whe we dine at the Melting Pot! Great food, atmosphere and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLisaDined on 8/28/2014I brought my sister here for her birthday and it was her first time. She loved it! We will do this again. The drinks were good, the food was fun and the peaches and cream chocolate fondue was a hidden treasure that topped off the night!Special Features:
- Great for a special eveningKevthebritDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic wine list; great food, service is attentive and not intrusive. The concept is fun and this is a great place for a special meal or event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!debcDined on 8/23/2014We go to the Melting Pot quite a bit. We love it and were very happy to see it take part in Restaurant Week. Hope they repeat this every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in almost everything!Funduelovers4Dined on 8/22/2014The dinner, the service, the restaurante and the ultimate romantic package was fantastic. The only point to improve was the private dinning area, that happened not to be so private. A loud group was placed next to the table and the privacy and romantic scenario changed. However, our server Lauren was outstanding!Special Features:
- Very nice birthday dinnerPegnDaveDined on 8/20/2014We were celebrating two birthdays. The part about the birthdays probably got lost when we had to switch the day of our reservation, but the dinner was still excellent. The service was top-notch.Special Features:
- Not happy with waitressdiningbadDined on 8/20/2014She did not come back to refill my tea. It took a long time for our ticket to get from her.Special Features:
- ABCDEFGDined on 8/16/2014Food is not good. Save your money and go to Silo instead. Ambience is nonexistent.
- ShugDined on 8/16/2014Not set up to accommodate large groups, crowded tables . One server insufficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencepenguin421Dined on 8/15/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, it was our first time, and it was a great experience. The waiter was very helpful and thoroughly explained the menu to us. I will defiantly come back again, the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerunexpectedDined on 8/12/2014Nice, quiet, romantic setting. Very nice, friendly service. But I was surprised when we had to cook out own meat and vegetables! Just not what I expect for over $100 Bill!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereFoodie88Dined on 8/9/2014If you are looking to have an enjoyable dinner out with your significant other, this is the place! When you request a private table, the setting is very intimate. The cheese and chocolate are the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !!YummyDined on 8/9/2014Always a great time with good friends. Well taken care of in every aspect. Needs alittle more menu options for vegetarians would be nice.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionAbbeyDined on 8/8/2014It was easy to balk at the prices initially when it's tough to get out of there for under $30/person, assuming you drink water. I've been there several times, so I knew what to expect at my latest visit. But once I took every aspect into account, I reconsidered. The ambiance is quiet and elegant, the service impeccable. The food is simple but high-quality and delicious. Combine those with the show the waiter/waitress puts on and the entertainment of cooking/sharing your food and mixing meats/veggies with various sauces, and it is actually a great deal, though not something done often. For maximum entertainment and enjoyment, you can't go wrong with a 4-course meal that ends with chocolate fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & FoodmizzbeccyDined on 8/1/2014Great place. Fun! My husband and I had the pleasure of having our fondue experience here. The atmosphere is great! The food is excellent, and the wine list is superb. A must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great time, food and service as always! Thanks James for making my husband's first time at the restaurant the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love The Melting Pot!PollyTXDined on 7/30/2014The Melting Pot in San Antonio is terrific. We've been to others in TX, but love this one the best! Great service, and a great way to spend a romantic evening with your loved one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Unique Dining ExperienceStefanieDined on 7/29/2014We took our daughter here for her 16th birthday. We choose the 4 course experience, and it was wonderful. It was fun to see the waiter prepare the cheese fondue at the table. We got to prepare our own dinner in the fondue pot too, and I was not expecting that. The meats were seasoned well, and the dipping sauces were tasty. The dessert was decadent, chocolate. Really good. The entire experience was great. Come very hungry! If you choose the 4 course meal, it is a ton of rich food! Go easy on the bread and cheese, if you can! It fills you up fast. If there are four of you, like in our party, I would not choose a booth. It was a tight fit, but still ok. It is pretty expensive too, but fun for a special occasion or romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great for Catching Up With FriendsChocoholicDined on 7/25/2014Great evening for our group of 8 to converse over our meal for a couple of hours! Really enjoyed the unhurried, quiet atmosphere with good friends, great food and attentive service! This place helps make any evening a special occasion!Special Features:
- Aiways great!ZoeyVIPDined on 7/23/2014Another wonderful dinner at The Melting Pot, one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always great, service is outstanding, ambience is wonderful and we will be back soon.Special Features:
- AcOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014It was very cold in restaurant Waiter was outstanding Need to have a plate for 4 that is not too high Maybe have a choose like 2 meats a cheese salad and dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDiningDined on 7/20/2014We went as a family but were shocked with the very small portions of food as compared to the very high price. Also waiting for the food to cook with the hungry kids around was ridiculous !?Special Features:
- Amazing placeChaguitaDined on 7/17/2014Thank you for great service! Food was great... ambiance was just perfect, I celebrated my birthday in style!Special Features:
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014I absolutely adore the melting pot and have been to several throughout the state, this was my first experience at the one in San Antonio and it was my worst experience with any of them. The food was not as great as normal, and the server we got ignored our table so much that another server and the manager were the ones that waited on us. If you want a great fondue experience I recommend the drive to the Austin Melting Pot as they are absolutely perfect experience and food every single time!
- Celebration of son's birthdayRonLDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I selected The Melting Pot as the restaurant to "celebrate" our son's birthday (July 16). You need to know that our son was killed in the War on Terror, so we "celebrate" his life and the years God gave him to us. He also enjoyed fondu foods, and as a family we eat fondu frequently. The service was outstanding, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening out during vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014How absolutely lovely! Dining at The Melting Pot is not just a meal it's an experience.Special Features:
- Special occasion dining.LMC13Dined on 7/7/2014It was mine and my husband's first time to the Melting Pot. We had a very enjoyable experience thanks in large part to Monique, our server. She was fabulous! She took the time to explain how the whole process worked, reccomended things and went out of her way to accomadate. The sweet card from the staff for our anniversary was a very nice touch as well. Overall we had a great 7th anniversary and look forward to coming back. Thank you for your accommodations to help make this a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious ExperienceSpeedyDined on 7/6/2014We go to the Melting Pot for special occasions and always enjoy the food! You must understand that this is a dining experience that takes about 2 hours to complete. Don't come here hoping to get in and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent atmosphere and a romantic occasion spot. I would not recommend necessarily for children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot San Antoniokoolwhipp7Dined on 7/3/2014Great restaurant. Perfect for that quiet get together or even with a group of friends. This time we went as a couple and had great food, great service and ate way too much. Definitely will go again, just might not get as much next time. Had fondue in Switzerland and this was a heck of a lot better. I would highly recommend it but keep in mind this place is not inexpensive if you decide on the 4 courses.Special Features:
- Awesome night!celiaf66Dined on 7/1/2014My boyfriend and I went, it was the first visit for both of us. We had a wonderful time. It was romantic, fun and just an incredible evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceMeltingpotfanDined on 6/29/2014I love going to the melting pot. The food, service, and wine is great every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Expensive for cheap food. The 4 course meal was $89.00 for half a chicken breast and 4 oz of steak. The chocolate desert was the same Hershey s syrup that you buy at the grocery store. Very bad.
- Great Experience!SatisfiedDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I dined at The Melting Pot for our 2nd anniversary. It was our first time dining there and both enjoyed the experience! Our waiter was friendly and experienced....he did an awesome job:) The food was good and the evening was perfect for spending quality time together. We even received a personalized card upon being seated! Would recommend it to everyone~Special Features:
- UnsatisfiedNeverAgainDined on 6/28/2014great service, nice place, but the food is not worth the moneySpecial Features:
- It's been there for 10 yearspeggyDined on 6/25/2014To me, a hidden treasure. I thought it would be 1980's "cheesy" but, the food and sevice were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intense FlavorsStevenADined on 6/24/2014Fondue is more than simmering cheese or chocolate. The recipes for the fondue liquid - cheese, broth, or chocolate - make so much difference. You will want to lick the pot, but remember that it's hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE DINING EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014This was the 1st time that my husband went to dine at Melting Pot. We will NEVER go back. We were put in a small booth, limited leg room, small table for plates and utencils, difficult to read the menu (had to use cell light) and miserable during our 2 1/2 hour meal. What made this worse was that there were bigger "empty" tables available. We are both professionals and will not recommend this to anyone. I don't know if we were put in this uncomfortable booth because we used a coupon. It's been years since I have been there and was excited to share the experience with my husband. Needless to say, we were both unhappy but tried to make the best of the situation. I hope management really focus on "customer service" & fix this!
- Great Fun and Food!MariposaMicheDined on 6/24/2014I took someone that had never done fondue to the Melting Pot. I had seen a Living Social bargain and thought this would be a fun "Mystery Date" for my boyfriend and me. We throughly enjoyed ourselves! Our waiter, Blake, was knowledgeable, personable and attentive. We had a great time and we look forward to returning again and bringing some friends and trying some of their other combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenniferJennDined on 6/23/2014We celebrated our 30 year anniversary there this week! It was AMAZING! The atmosphere was perfect, our waitress was awesome and the food was so good! It was great to be able to relax and listen to soft music while enjoying each others company! I would highly recommend The Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.