The Melting Pot
6683 Delmar Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63130Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/university-city/specials
- Phone: 3147254141x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Fondue, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that holds up to 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3147254141x
- Entertainment: We have live music every Saturday night. Starts at 6:30, goes to 10:30
A word from The Melting Pot
At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where patrons can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a unique dining experience including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Best Restaurants in University City ›
The Melting Pot reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)romantic (112)good for groups (47)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (34)late-night find (17)hot spot (14)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed our evening out great drinks and atmosphere the food was a nice variety and the desert was amazing even gave us free champagne with our desert loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!ZonacatsfanDined on 10/14/2014I love dining here. Food and staff are always Top Notch! Try the white chocolate crème brulee, it is super delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delmar was NOISYSteff28jeeDined on 10/11/2014Private booths were unused and we were placed across from a bachelorette party. Hostess's communication skills were lacking. Server never refilled our drinks until we sat for 10 min & finally saw him to ask. We've had MUCH better service before.
- AwesomeMm1022Dined on 10/10/2014Food is amazing and our server was outstanding! Highly pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try this place!CraigLDined on 10/10/2014We totally enjoyed our night. The food was great. If you've never been, this is a must try.Special Features:
- A one-time eventOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014This was a wonderful place, really pricey but it is great for a one-time special event otherwise it would be something I would not eat on a regular basis.Special Features:
- excellentlove2eatDined on 10/2/2014Would recomend this place to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced & full of noisy kidsFoodLoverDined on 9/28/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary because it's supposed to be a very romantic place. Despite making 7 pm reservations, the restaurant was full of noisy kids. The cheese fondue was good, but the dippers were just stale bread, tortilla chips and baby carrots. The salad was fine. I'd been before years ago, so I knew that the entrees were raw meat that you cook yourself in the boiling boullion. Of course, that means it takes a long time and you're essentially eating boiled meat. The chocolate fondue was good, but the dippers were again unimpressive. A few slices of strawberry & banana, and a plate full of factory made brownie bites and pound cake that were far from fresh. $100 for a ho hum meal is ridiculous. We won't be back.
- Long waitfoodcriticDined on 9/27/2014Our reservation was for 8:30 but the table wasn't ready until almost 9. The service was attentive but nothing special. The salads were the smallest I've seen at any restaurant. The cheese fondue was fun and filling, but I probably wouldn't order it again. The main entree was okay. Dessert was my favorite part. Definitely a "special occasion" only restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent gemlovingfindinggemsDined on 9/27/2014We went to The Melting Pot for the first time on our anniversary and my hubby fell in love with the place. Its much bigger than we thought upon arrival. We got the special event package which as really nice. The server was very good and helpful. I just wished he was around little more frequently. It was a saturday night and they were packed. Overrall experience 4.5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but crampedNomnomfoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed most aspects of our evening. I made a reservation a week prior to us going. When we got there they stuck us in this little tiny half booth which was not only hard to squeeze into but very stuffy and cramped. Beyond that we had a really good experience and it looked as if that was the only booth like that in the restaurant. Guess we just got the short end of the straw there. Our server was great and all 4 courses delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!MickiDined on 9/27/2014We went for our anniversary. The seating was perfect, quiet and romantic. The service was amazing! Everyone from the front door to the bartender to our server to the people clearing the table were extremely friendly and all wished us a happy anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014we celebrated our anniversary there and everything was fantastic. we will be back and will be bringing family and friends to share with. thank you for the most pleasurable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Overall, I've always enjoyed going to the melting pot. This time we took my stepdaughter there for her birthday dinner. We called ahead to let them know hoping they would do something special for her. There were 5 small balloons at our table, which was fine. Not a lot, but she enjoyed it. However, when we received our bill, we were surprised to see that melting pot charged us $8 for these balloons. Bad taste in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy BirthdaylemonvanillaDined on 9/21/2014As was clearly stated in my reservation, this outing was to celebrate my daughter's 12th birthday. While the reservation running 30 minutes late was tolerable, it was the fact that other tables were clearly celebrating with balloons and various excitement provided by The Melting Pot staff. However, after 3 mentions to the staff, even our server could not bring himself to even say happy birthday to the little girl. After visiting this location numerous times for other events, I expected to have my children treated with the same courtesy. Unfortunately, the staff provided poor service at best and ignored our guest of honor. While the food was incredible as always, I will certainly plan a different outing for my family in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ittealoveitDined on 9/20/2014I love this place. My girlfriend and I go here for special occasions and we love it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Something different. A little over priced. Need reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and it was greatTrogdorEatsDined on 9/20/2014Loved it. I will go again, for sure. The staff was friendly and explained everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Melting PotMRMAGOODined on 9/20/2014My wife and I love the Melting pot. We just love everything about it. The food is great, the ambiance is just what we are looking for. The place is a little far for us to drive so we only go on special occasions. We celebrated our 17th anniversary this time and had a great time.Special Features:
- Amazing and MORE!ilovetoeatDined on 9/19/2014This was our first time at The Melting Pot. We went during our 1 year anniversary, and we want to go back ASAP. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was amazing, and the staff there are very nice and professional. We can't stop talking about our time there, and will bring a group of friends next time we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodreadDined on 9/16/2014Great food & service. we were there during the week so it was quiet. Nice atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotBritDined on 9/14/2014I have been to multiple Melting Pot location across the country, but the Saint Louis Delmar Loop location is by far the best. The waiters are friendly and always accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionluckyone80Dined on 9/13/2014From start to finish the food and service was perfect. For some the price my be a bit steep but i day for a special occasion or a romantic night its worth every penny, Trust me your date,wife,fiancee ..whom ever will appreciate it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15yr old daughters bdayFondue45Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my daughters bday with a few friends. It was a great experience, I have shared with several people and told them they need to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!amac618Dined on 9/13/2014So much fun to do something different than the usual dining experience. The staff is awesome throughout the entire restaurant, from the hostess to the bartender to your server. They definitely make sure you have an amazing experience from the minute you walk in the door.Special Features:
- Delicious, Fun, and RomanticSamRenn13Dined on 8/30/2014It was wonderful. Truly a sensual experience, from the lovely smells to the delightful visuals of the way the food is laid out...and that's before I even mention how delicious it was. Each course complimented the others. Couple this experience with great company and it is truly hard to beat. Romantic and dim atmosphere, but could also be lively and super fun with a large group. We will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super fun!Etac90Dined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate my friends birthday. The restaurant was not overly busy. The service was pretty slow. We sat for a long time in between courses. The food was delicious and our dessert came with a candle the celebrate the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service not so much.Jdl7Dined on 8/29/2014Food was good as usual but the service was not what we have come to expect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- To start or rekindle a relationshipmaroach2Dined on 8/29/2014The Melting Pot is a place where I would recommend for people starting or rekindling a relationship. The setting is perfect when you want impress that special someone that you truly care about them. There is no better way to show them that you care about them than when you are dinning together. The special way that the Melting Pot does it is by the two people cooking food for each other, together. What a special way to say I love you. The atmosphere is perfect for two or a party of more, but I suggest that you ask for a private booth that keeps the two of you cozy. Price is not bad for the experience you get and believe me, whoever you take to the Melting Pot will truly remember this evening. I give it a ten out of ten for best couple spot.Special Features:
- notjustaboutfoodDined on 8/23/2014I love having a professional wait staff. Kristine was attentive, engaging and humorous without interfering or being part of our evening. That is hard to find but it adds to a perfect night. The bar tender Jordan was also incredibly knowledgeable about her craft. I could have talked to her all night. You could see her passion and her expertise but again, not at the expense of us being the center and meeting our needs. It was an event not just dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Came in for dessert after my graduation. The waiter was amazing. Even the Asst Manager came by to congratulate me. Thanks for the great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was amazing!JwoodlandDined on 8/22/2014Food is great! Dessert is even better. Sucks you have to cook your own food but it was amazing! Cheese fondu was okay. Not the best. I recommend coming early as you will be there for 2 hours cooking your food and everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must take date placeLuvInLifeDined on 8/22/2014What a great place to take a date. A bit pricey but will be sure to impress.Special Features:
- Great food as alwaysPhilly23Dined on 8/21/2014Go eat here it's great. Especially if you have never had fondue this place has it down to a science. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the romanticMisterT1Dined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere is OK. I have been to the melting pot in KC and the romantic ness of the place there is more personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerJezabellDined on 8/13/2014My spouse and I enjoyed a romantic anniversary dinner at The Melting Pot. Even the general manager came by our table several times to make sure everything was OK. She as well as several of the staff also wished us a Happy Anniversary. The ambiance is perfect for. We enjoyed the 4 Course Meal and my choice of the steak lovers did not disappoint. They were even happy to make a substitution for me. This is by far the best Fondue restaurant I have had the pleasure of dinning in. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- First timePaulDined on 8/10/2014Great experience, and great food. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good but expensivenataDined on 8/9/2014The food all tasted great. Our dinner pot was boiling for about 15 minutes before waiter brought the food so that was a little disappointing. It is good for a special occasion but due to price I would not go otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great restaurant. Our waiter and the general manager made our night out SO special and they were so great! Definitely recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 8/8/2014Staff is great about recognizing special occasions. Wife and I started with a cheese fondue and split a salad. We could easily have split an entree and been plenty fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.