The Melting Pot
6683 Delmar Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63130Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/university-city/specials
- Phone: 3147254141x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Fondue, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that holds up to 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3147254141x
- Entertainment: We have live music every Saturday night. Starts at 6:30, goes to 10:30
A word from The Melting Pot
At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where patrons can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a unique dining experience including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Best Restaurants in University City ›
The Melting Pot reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)romantic (119)good for groups (50)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (37)late-night find (20)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Great food & service. we were there during the week so it was quiet. Nice atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotBritDined on 9/14/2014I have been to multiple Melting Pot location across the country, but the Saint Louis Delmar Loop location is by far the best. The waiters are friendly and always accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionluckyone80Dined on 9/13/2014From start to finish the food and service was perfect. For some the price my be a bit steep but i day for a special occasion or a romantic night its worth every penny, Trust me your date,wife,fiancee ..whom ever will appreciate it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15yr old daughters bdayFondue45Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my daughters bday with a few friends. It was a great experience, I have shared with several people and told them they need to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!amac618Dined on 9/13/2014So much fun to do something different than the usual dining experience. The staff is awesome throughout the entire restaurant, from the hostess to the bartender to your server. They definitely make sure you have an amazing experience from the minute you walk in the door.Special Features:
- Delicious, Fun, and RomanticSamRenn13Dined on 8/30/2014It was wonderful. Truly a sensual experience, from the lovely smells to the delightful visuals of the way the food is laid out...and that's before I even mention how delicious it was. Each course complimented the others. Couple this experience with great company and it is truly hard to beat. Romantic and dim atmosphere, but could also be lively and super fun with a large group. We will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super fun!Etac90Dined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate my friends birthday. The restaurant was not overly busy. The service was pretty slow. We sat for a long time in between courses. The food was delicious and our dessert came with a candle the celebrate the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service not so much.Jdl7Dined on 8/29/2014Food was good as usual but the service was not what we have come to expect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- To start or rekindle a relationshipmaroach2Dined on 8/29/2014The Melting Pot is a place where I would recommend for people starting or rekindling a relationship. The setting is perfect when you want impress that special someone that you truly care about them. There is no better way to show them that you care about them than when you are dinning together. The special way that the Melting Pot does it is by the two people cooking food for each other, together. What a special way to say I love you. The atmosphere is perfect for two or a party of more, but I suggest that you ask for a private booth that keeps the two of you cozy. Price is not bad for the experience you get and believe me, whoever you take to the Melting Pot will truly remember this evening. I give it a ten out of ten for best couple spot.Special Features:
- notjustaboutfoodDined on 8/23/2014I love having a professional wait staff. Kristine was attentive, engaging and humorous without interfering or being part of our evening. That is hard to find but it adds to a perfect night. The bar tender Jordan was also incredibly knowledgeable about her craft. I could have talked to her all night. You could see her passion and her expertise but again, not at the expense of us being the center and meeting our needs. It was an event not just dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Came in for dessert after my graduation. The waiter was amazing. Even the Asst Manager came by to congratulate me. Thanks for the great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was amazing!JwoodlandDined on 8/22/2014Food is great! Dessert is even better. Sucks you have to cook your own food but it was amazing! Cheese fondu was okay. Not the best. I recommend coming early as you will be there for 2 hours cooking your food and everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must take date placeLuvInLifeDined on 8/22/2014What a great place to take a date. A bit pricey but will be sure to impress.Special Features:
- Great food as alwaysPhilly23Dined on 8/21/2014Go eat here it's great. Especially if you have never had fondue this place has it down to a science. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the romanticMisterT1Dined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere is OK. I have been to the melting pot in KC and the romantic ness of the place there is more personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerJezabellDined on 8/13/2014My spouse and I enjoyed a romantic anniversary dinner at The Melting Pot. Even the general manager came by our table several times to make sure everything was OK. She as well as several of the staff also wished us a Happy Anniversary. The ambiance is perfect for. We enjoyed the 4 Course Meal and my choice of the steak lovers did not disappoint. They were even happy to make a substitution for me. This is by far the best Fondue restaurant I have had the pleasure of dinning in. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- First timePaulDined on 8/10/2014Great experience, and great food. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good but expensivenataDined on 8/9/2014The food all tasted great. Our dinner pot was boiling for about 15 minutes before waiter brought the food so that was a little disappointing. It is good for a special occasion but due to price I would not go otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great restaurant. Our waiter and the general manager made our night out SO special and they were so great! Definitely recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 8/8/2014Staff is great about recognizing special occasions. Wife and I started with a cheese fondue and split a salad. We could easily have split an entree and been plenty fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday for 10yr OldsdunninDined on 8/3/2014Celebrated birthday at Melting Pot. Complementary balloon bouquet was a nice touch. Menu can be a bit overwhelming but our server was very helpful and accommodating while we figured it out. Recommend asking for a table with 2 burners for parties 4 or more because it gets to be confusing when you get too many skewers in the pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor service.LastvisitDined on 8/2/2014The waiter greeted us and dissappeared. We had to ask for our server on at least 4 occasions. We also would order a drink and he did not bring it until we asked a second time. Table was constantly left with dishes that were finished...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The service was great!! Never had and empty glass or flag down our server for anything. Great experiance, im stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood and. my girlfriend came up to visit me for the weekend and was her Birthday. I made reservations and noted that she was coming up for her b-day, and they gave us champain and her a rose.Special Features:
- Do if you Fondue.hardyworldDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I came here for our anniversary. She's been gushing about this place ever since before we met and I agreed to give it a try for the occasion. We ordered the full fondue meal for 2 (4 courses included with appetizer, salad, a selection meats, vegetables, dessert, etc.). I'd say the 1st course (veggies & bread with cheese fondue) was average at best (my wife loved it). I'd say the salads were above average (my wife loved it). I'd say the main course of meats was above average (my wife loved it). I'd say the dessert was above average (my wife loved it). If you like the experience of fondue and ingredients, this is a good place. If you are like me and want a well-prepared meal served to you, then this isn't worth the cost.Special Features:
- Better service wantedLuv2DineOut93Dined on 7/31/2014Our meal was great and so was MOST of the staff, except out server... Started out great - ended horribly. Andrew needs more training on how to work better when the restaurant is busy. His service alone will makes me have second thoughts on visiting this particular location again.Special Features:
- Good, but crowdedluv2dineDined on 7/30/2014Came here for our anniversary. The food was excellent, but they had 2 group promotions going on during the same night which made it super-crowded. Our waiter was very professional and friendly, but it was apparent that they were not prepared for the volume of people they had. To be fair, on a normal night it would have been great, I'm sure, but it took 3 hours because it was so crowded.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We always have a great experience & wonderful service. The Melting Pot is our favorite place for all our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIMEJLZ3Dined on 7/30/2014Batina was an awesome waitress.... very knowledgeable and fun! Drinks were great, food was great, options at the ladies night (BFFF) were great! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBestAuntEverDined on 7/29/2014I took my 14 year old niece to dinner for her birthday. It happened to be BFF night so I would we would partake in that event. I was a little disappointed in the portion of the dinner, the meal was only 3 dollars cheap than the Big Night Out and the main entree portion was two pieces of shrimp, three small pieces of chicken, 3 small pieces of sirloin, and 2 tiny raviolis. Was it tasty? Yes! I didn't care for our server much as I have had much better service in the past. I typically go to the Town and Country location, but the Delmar location was close to my niece's home. I will stick with Town and Country going forward.Special Features:
- It is all about the experienceEdwardVIPDined on 7/27/2014Is the food at Melting Pot exceptional - NO but you go there for the experience. My 9 year old son loves the place. What is more fun than cooking your own food and having a chocolate sauce buffet at the end of your meal? It also gives you time to talk. All in all, it was a very enjoyable evening and I would definitely go back for the experience and to see the smile on his face!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Owner checked on us multiple times to be sure we were happy. It was a great night and a fun way to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIVE STARS!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I've only been to the Melting Pot once and the one time I went, it was exquisite. The overall was experience was great, I've never been to a restaurant quite like that one before. I enjoyed every minute I was there from the moment I walked in to the moment I walked out. The atmosphere was nice, the employees were all very friendly. My waiter was excellent, new everything about the menu, checked in on us multiple times. It was just outstanding all around. I will be coming back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timelalalalalalaaaaaaDined on 7/24/2014Went to the Melting Pot for my birthday . I had a BLAST !! The atmosphere was great and comfortable. Its a great place to go with friends or your other mate. Plus a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentfrugalguy14Dined on 7/19/2014The service was excellent. Our waiter Brian knew everything that was there and seeing as how it was my first time, he took his time to explain the menu and all of the options perfectly. A great romantic evening for my lady and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!5ofusDined on 7/19/2014We went to dinner for my daughter's 14th birthday. We had a great time and the food was delicious. Our server did a great job. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take a SOvisitorofstlouisDined on 7/18/2014I wanted to treat my girlfriend for the night and this place was just right for the cause. It has a great atmosphere prefect for aa special night with a significant other. The staff know what they're doing and are very attentive. The food tasted great and fondue is a great way to eat dinner and have some fun while doing it. We had a great time here and would go back again. The only problem is the price. You'll have a hard time getting out of there for under a hundred with a date but for someone special it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodKidsDined on 7/18/2014The cheese and dessert where our kids favorites- the main course was ok may have been the broth we ordered- hardly any flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014My boyfriend and I have gone to the Melting Pot for multiple occasions and every time is better than the last. The server we had at our most recent visit, Brian, was truly amazing! He lead us to step outside of our usual choices and recommended delicious alternatives without being pushy. Honestly, one of the best we've had, although all we've always had amazing service. We plan on making the Melting Pot a regular visit for us, always a wonderful and romantic evening, they never fail to make it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegfpd1985Dined on 7/17/2014We had a great experience the food was fantastic as well as the service, the server was very helpful for being the first time that we ate there. would defiantly go back again!Special Features:
- Delicious!clbgrdnrDined on 7/13/2014Went for my anniversary, I had been there before, but she really liked the cheese and dessert fondues... It was a wonderful time, and I would recommend for everyone to experience it. Our waiter was definitely well mannered and worth the large tip.Special Features: