The Melting Pot
6683 Delmar Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63130Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/university-city/specials
- Phone: (314) 725-4141
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Fondue, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that holds up to 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3147254141x
- Entertainment: We have live music every Saturday night. Starts at 6:30, goes to 10:30
A word from The Melting Pot
At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where patrons can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a unique dining experience including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Best Restaurants in University City ›
The Melting Pot reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)romantic (108)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (33)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- great food, but light on portion.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014As usual the food was great. The thing that my wife noticed was that the portion of veggies and portion of deserts where much smaller than sremebered. This is a great special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I enjoyed the experience. I didn't like the fact that I had to cook my own food especially with the price I had to pay. The fondue appetizers and desserts are fun though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMenDined on 11/13/2014Tye and Bridget were amazing! Tye said he had been there about 5 months, but seemed like he was a veteran waiter! Awesome job Tye. Take care of them nephews and neices! Bridget was an amazing GM. Everything they said was spot on. This place is on point and recommend the ultimate romantic package. Wine, 4 course, glasses, pic, roses, you name it. Will be back in the future. Treated very respectfully. I don't mind leaving a tip of that amount with that kind of service. Great job Melting Pot crew MikeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a date night.ofhisimageDined on 11/11/2014We love coming here. One of our favorites! The restaurant did a great job with food and wonderful service. The manager Mary is so very sweet as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than last timeDipHappyDined on 11/10/2014My wife and I visited this establishment years ago when it first opened in the loop. Pleased with the overall experience then, but left a little to be desired. On a just because night out we decided to give it another shot. We were more than pleased with the upgrades to the menu. The bar tender was excellent and had great recommendations. Service was prompt and friendly. All menu options were explained and offered. Our waitress was better than I've had in a long time. We will be frequent visitors. This just because night turned into a night to remember. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Very Happy to have to have this experience with my wife . Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for AnniversaryMrsPhdDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I spent our third anniversary dining here. It was the most romantic evening we've had together in a very long time. The food was very good and the service was excellent. I am looking forward to frequenting this establishment on other special occasions.Special Features:
- Wait!dine42Dined on 11/7/2014I made a reservation and had to wait at least 10 min for our table to be ready, and I thought the point of a Reservation was to have a Open table ready when your time slot occurred. So I was not happy about that but I was patient! Other than the set back the food was pretty good the waitress was helpful and friendly, which made us/me happy that we didnt decided to leave the restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Everything exceeded our expectationsour server pay close attention to our needsSpecial Features:
- YumYummy1Dined on 10/31/2014We went for our anniversary and everything was great! An all out good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love at first bitesjohnsoDined on 10/31/2014We always love eating at The Melting Pot. We consider it food + entertainment. My only complaint this time was a extra $5.00 charge on our bill that I do not think we should have been charged. We were not told that there would be an extra charge. When the meal is as expensive as this, even another $5 is too much.Special Features:
- Birthday BashWorththecostDined on 10/30/2014My family of four went to celebrate my daughters 14th Birthday. The food was wonderful and our waiter was awesome. He noticed the fact that our family doesn't drink and at the end of our meal when they normally serve complementary champagne he brought non alcoholic for my husband and I and put the kids drinks in champagne glassware. The staff also wished my daughter a happy birthday from the hostess up to the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing Eveningkickinit8Dined on 10/29/2014Everything was perfect. Service was great. We had a wonderful time and will be coming back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!sirricealotDined on 10/29/2014If you're looking for a quick affordable bite to eat, this place is not for you! BUT, that's what makes everything so much better. We spent nearly 3 hours sitting from greeting by our server, to paying the bill and saying our goodbyes. I do plan to return sometime in the next few months!Special Features:
- so, much funOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/27/2014We had a blast. The setting was romantic, friendly, laid back. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014The owner was amazing, very nice and funny. Our server was a little on the slow side. We were there first and ordered right away, yet three couples were done prior to us due to our having to wait on her.Special Features:
- RamicRamicDined on 10/26/2014THis place is the best place Ive been for dinner, we are always going to come here for our special occasions, this was my first time here for a birthday party my friends were having and we enjoyed it so much! I will definitley be coming back!Special Features:
- IMPRESSEDLove2EatDined on 10/25/2014It was my first time there, I thought it was amazing. The ambiance was wonderful and our waiter was extremely helpful. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great environmentSomuchfoodDined on 10/20/2014Everyone was friendly even those who weren't our server. Explained how things worked specifically and engaged in conversation making the experience enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badStljasonsDined on 10/18/2014I did not get to sit at a table until 9:30 after making reservations at 9. The food was great. They made everything flow smoothly. First time in years that I left full.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed our evening out great drinks and atmosphere the food was a nice variety and the desert was amazing even gave us free champagne with our desert loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!ZonacatsfanDined on 10/14/2014I love dining here. Food and staff are always Top Notch! Try the white chocolate crème brulee, it is super delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delmar was NOISYSteff28jeeDined on 10/11/2014Private booths were unused and we were placed across from a bachelorette party. Hostess's communication skills were lacking. Server never refilled our drinks until we sat for 10 min & finally saw him to ask. We've had MUCH better service before.
- AwesomeMm1022Dined on 10/10/2014Food is amazing and our server was outstanding! Highly pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try this place!CraigLDined on 10/10/2014We totally enjoyed our night. The food was great. If you've never been, this is a must try.Special Features:
- A one-time eventOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014This was a wonderful place, really pricey but it is great for a one-time special event otherwise it would be something I would not eat on a regular basis.Special Features:
- excellentlove2eatDined on 10/2/2014Would recomend this place to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced & full of noisy kidsFoodLoverDined on 9/28/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary because it's supposed to be a very romantic place. Despite making 7 pm reservations, the restaurant was full of noisy kids. The cheese fondue was good, but the dippers were just stale bread, tortilla chips and baby carrots. The salad was fine. I'd been before years ago, so I knew that the entrees were raw meat that you cook yourself in the boiling boullion. Of course, that means it takes a long time and you're essentially eating boiled meat. The chocolate fondue was good, but the dippers were again unimpressive. A few slices of strawberry & banana, and a plate full of factory made brownie bites and pound cake that were far from fresh. $100 for a ho hum meal is ridiculous. We won't be back.
- Long waitfoodcriticDined on 9/27/2014Our reservation was for 8:30 but the table wasn't ready until almost 9. The service was attentive but nothing special. The salads were the smallest I've seen at any restaurant. The cheese fondue was fun and filling, but I probably wouldn't order it again. The main entree was okay. Dessert was my favorite part. Definitely a "special occasion" only restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent gemlovingfindinggemsDined on 9/27/2014We went to The Melting Pot for the first time on our anniversary and my hubby fell in love with the place. Its much bigger than we thought upon arrival. We got the special event package which as really nice. The server was very good and helpful. I just wished he was around little more frequently. It was a saturday night and they were packed. Overrall experience 4.5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but crampedNomnomfoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed most aspects of our evening. I made a reservation a week prior to us going. When we got there they stuck us in this little tiny half booth which was not only hard to squeeze into but very stuffy and cramped. Beyond that we had a really good experience and it looked as if that was the only booth like that in the restaurant. Guess we just got the short end of the straw there. Our server was great and all 4 courses delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!MickiDined on 9/27/2014We went for our anniversary. The seating was perfect, quiet and romantic. The service was amazing! Everyone from the front door to the bartender to our server to the people clearing the table were extremely friendly and all wished us a happy anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014we celebrated our anniversary there and everything was fantastic. we will be back and will be bringing family and friends to share with. thank you for the most pleasurable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Overall, I've always enjoyed going to the melting pot. This time we took my stepdaughter there for her birthday dinner. We called ahead to let them know hoping they would do something special for her. There were 5 small balloons at our table, which was fine. Not a lot, but she enjoyed it. However, when we received our bill, we were surprised to see that melting pot charged us $8 for these balloons. Bad taste in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy BirthdaylemonvanillaDined on 9/21/2014As was clearly stated in my reservation, this outing was to celebrate my daughter's 12th birthday. While the reservation running 30 minutes late was tolerable, it was the fact that other tables were clearly celebrating with balloons and various excitement provided by The Melting Pot staff. However, after 3 mentions to the staff, even our server could not bring himself to even say happy birthday to the little girl. After visiting this location numerous times for other events, I expected to have my children treated with the same courtesy. Unfortunately, the staff provided poor service at best and ignored our guest of honor. While the food was incredible as always, I will certainly plan a different outing for my family in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ittealoveitDined on 9/20/2014I love this place. My girlfriend and I go here for special occasions and we love it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Something different. A little over priced. Need reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and it was greatTrogdorEatsDined on 9/20/2014Loved it. I will go again, for sure. The staff was friendly and explained everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Melting PotMRMAGOODined on 9/20/2014My wife and I love the Melting pot. We just love everything about it. The food is great, the ambiance is just what we are looking for. The place is a little far for us to drive so we only go on special occasions. We celebrated our 17th anniversary this time and had a great time.Special Features:
- Amazing and MORE!ilovetoeatDined on 9/19/2014This was our first time at The Melting Pot. We went during our 1 year anniversary, and we want to go back ASAP. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was amazing, and the staff there are very nice and professional. We can't stop talking about our time there, and will bring a group of friends next time we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.