The Melting Pot - Rocky River
Fairview Park, OH 44126Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Rocky River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/fairviewpark-rockyriver/specials
- Phone: (440) 356-8900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot - Rocky River's private dining rooms are a superior venue for that special dinner or cocktail reception & provide a retreat for your next business meeting or family celebration. The “Private Dining Room” seats 14, the party room seats 50 & both rooms combined can seat 64. The Melting Pot - Rocky River offers a very special banquet menu designed especially for private dining guests!
- Private Party Contact: Barb Haas or Eric Mc Intyre 4403568900x
A word from The Melting Pot - Rocky River
The Melting Pot Rocky River, Fairview Park is an interactive and fun fondue experience. From an intimate romantic dinner for two, to a girl’s night out, The Melting Pot is the perfect place to escape and relax! Our beautifully appointed romantic Red Room can accommodate parties of two, while our private dining areas can accommodate groups up to 100 for all of your special occasions. Known for superior service our well-trained staff will guide you through this unique dining experience. The Melting Pot features an extensive bottled wine list, a cocktail list with trendy martinis and seasonal, local beer choices. Our dinner menu of creamy cheese fondues, fresh salad and entrees including steak, lobster, chicken, shrimp & vegetarian meals are all prepared tableside. Don’t forget to leave room for our decadent chocolate fondue desserts rounding out the perfect dinning experience in casual elegance!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Rocky River - Best Restaurants in Rocky River ›
The Melting Pot - Rocky River reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (79)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (37)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (10)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Good Date Night Spot !!!Amy1984Dined on 11/17/2014My fiancée and I went out to The Melting Pot on a Monday evening. It was such a quiet and pleasant time (no kid's). We chose the 4 Course Experience.The food was fresh and delicious. The Chocolate Fondue was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/16/2014It was very disappointing. Food was mediocre at best
- We Love The Melting Pot!trellacjDined on 11/16/2014We come here every year for our anniversary and for other occasions, including the recent Princess event which my kids loved. We really enjoy the service, ambiance, and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014I had never been to Melt before. Food and service was very good. However, if you put it perspective, it was really, really expensive for cooking your own food.Special Features:
- If you have the time...GamerchickDined on 11/8/2014...this can be a fun way to make an evening. If you can get past the idea of paying extra to cook for yourself, and you aren't completely inept at cooking, this is really fun. Oh, and as you are cooking each bite as you go, don't show up starving! With a reservation to get us started fast, we did an appetizer, entreé and dessert and we were there nearly two hours. The booth I was in had nice long benches to allow lots of room, always a plus. The color-coded fondue forks were very helpful. The waitstaff were very helpful and knowledgeable about all the food, rattling off cook times for each type of food in each type of cooking stuff. The manager, err magician, was an interesting addition to the evening as well. Definitely not expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I truly enjoyed our experience at The Melting Pot. We loved all the food, the chocolate fondue being our favorite. It worked out great making a reservation ahead of time. The restaurant did get busier throughout the night and our waiter seemed to be spread pretty thin, but he was still very helpful and kind.Special Features:
- Kids love it..but 3 hours, really??mfredVIPDined on 11/5/2014We love our experience with the food each time we visit you...but 3 hours with two kids is excessive. We ordered cheese. That came, we ate, it was taken away...then we waited 30 minutes for salads. We ate and waited 45 minutes. No food. No fondue pots. I eventually had to ask for our server to "speed things up." This is common. The last 3 times we have been here, we have spent hours...just waaiiitttinng. This is not fun. I cannot return knowing that I might be in for this same WAIT. Yuck!Special Features:
- Great eveningKwensDined on 11/3/2014Perfect for groups or couples dinner. Server was fantastic and had a wonderful time. Not to mention the food was great and tasted amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014It was our first time going to "The Melting Pot" and it will not be our last. It was very nice, very tasty!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The staff was very accomodating with our reservation. We had a table for 4 teenage girls and a table for 2 for my husband and I. It was my daughters 16th birthday dinner with friends. The staff took care of everyone perfectly. There is a magician on staff at this location on Saturday nights which made our dinner even more fun. He also did additional tricks for my daughters birthday, it was a blast. This was our first time at a Melting Pot and it was a very good experience. It does take a while to go through the whole dinner experience with fondue so plan plenty of time for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free fondue optionsbratticusDined on 10/29/2014My daughter and I had dinner. We were surprised at how many gluten-free items they had. Everything tasted wonderful, especially the sauces. Our server Todd was very friendly and helpful. We highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great date nightPhantom57Dined on 10/25/2014Service was good, food excellent, and the atmosphere is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationdeeliteinlifeDined on 10/25/2014From start to finish we enjoyed a delightful dining experience. It's not every day that a 30th wedding anniversary comes along and The Melting Pot made it memorable. Our waiter provided just the right combination of professionalism, attentiveness, and humor. Each course of the four-course experience was delicious. We so enjoyed the interactive cooking/eating that time passed unnoticed allowing for plenty of conversation with good company. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightColiemolieDined on 10/13/2014The melting pot has great service. They will do anything to make your meal better and special. The food is amazing. You do not feel rushed. It's great for special date nights! I'd recommend the melting pot to anyone. I have even seen children there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love melting potZachajeDined on 10/12/2014I love Melting Pot. Always a great experience. It was my daughters Bday and they made it very special for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2eatDined on 10/4/2014Our server was very helpful and friendly. She even went above and beyond by providing me with a phone charger when my phone died during service. Ee had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous timeKaraDined on 10/4/2014Our group of 9 was thrilled with Saturdays experience. 4 diners had never been and can not wait to return. As usual everyone was made to feel special as well as have some great laughs! Thank you for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/26/2014We were so disappointed for what was supposed to be a special anniversary evening. We had had great dinners there in the past . I receive 2 calls confirming our reservation and expected a well prepared event that didn't' happen. They had us wait 20 minutes after our reservation to be seated and the delays were seen over each course. A poor pregnant waitress was given this big group event and had to do all her own prep work in the kitchen. We saw our dessert waiting on a tray for 25 minutes before she had time to serve it. Our special night table was across from the bar as people came in and out all night. Even the wine event was poorly planned as order forms were given for event wine but no stock was available.
- Birthday celebrationfrywalkDined on 9/20/2014There were six of us celebrating a 65th birthday. Four of us arrived nearly an hour early to have drinks in the bar. One in our party uses a walker. When the staff was alerted to the fact that the bar was too crowded for us, they gave us our table even though we were early. We were so appreciative of that extra care and concern. The food was wonderful! Rarely can we spend 5 hours at dinner and not be rushed by the staff. The only downside was later in the dinner service, our waitress was apparently required somewhere else and we waited quite a long time for her to come back. But this is unusual and I would highly recommend this Melting Pot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It was our first year wedding Anniversary and the staff made us feel so special!! Food was amazing!!Special Features:
- Great placeSplicerDined on 9/20/2014Great place to go never been disappointed, the server was friendly and each course was brought out timelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good for kiddgetaway4Dined on 9/15/2014We came late for our reservations, had a screaming child part of the time, two people who had to fight to stay awake and yet the staff seemed to understand and were extremely understanding. They got a balloon for the child and packed up the remains of our dinner and dessert for us to take back to our hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night without the kidsMrMrs4everDined on 9/13/2014This was our first of many visits to come! Perfect place for a date night. Friendly,helpful, staff. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work on time to table issuesmfredVIPDined on 9/9/2014Dined with family and loved that I was sat at a table where we could choose two broths. All four of us got a salad. These were surprisingly great! Even the dressings were stellar. But then.....we waited.....and waited....and waited..........and waited longer. It was 8:00 when we arrived and it took 1 hr and 13 mins for raw food to arrive to our table. Our children were exhausted and starving, and as a result were less than kind to each other. I mentioned to both the server and manager that our wait time was excessive, and both agreed, but no one did anything about it. By the time we ate, we were so tired we just wanted to end it, but the kids were so sad that we had to stay longer for dessert. Got home past 10:40 on a school night.Special Features:
- always an experiencemynewfavDined on 9/9/2014I must say the first time I went to the Melting Pot it was the best experience. And now every time I return it is just as good. We enjoy both the themed events you put together and just the regular menu as well. The Melting Pot has become my new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundtcmeDined on 9/9/2014The Melting Pot is definitely on the pricey side, but it's an excellent experience and worth the cost. Very good food, plenty of options for all tastes and preferences (of course, within the restaurant's niche). Probably one of the best places for romantic or group/interactive dinners. The wait staff is probably the friendliest and most professional of any in the area. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceClevelandDiningDined on 9/9/2014Have never been to this restaurant before and saw a groupon. Ended up buying a groupon and didn't expect much. The experience I had at this restaurant was incredible. The service was excellent and the good was incredible. Will be returning in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome timejessDined on 9/8/2014Our server sam is very knowledgeable and recommends the best choices! The mood was romantic and the food was fantastic. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lengthy DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We spent about two hours here. Seeing as we rarely get to go on dates, it was great to be able to spend that much time together. The environment was so romantic and relaxing, we didn't even realize that we had spent that much time there. Not to mention the delicious food. It's a great way to try a variety of things if you each get a different entree. Despite seeming a bit pricey, you definitely get a substantial amount of food.Special Features:
- Great service with cozy surroundingBigspenderDined on 9/5/2014This was our first time here. We had a lot of fun and had the pleasure of getting the best server (Michael) we have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the MoneyLoral4atDined on 9/1/2014This was our daughters 19th birthday dinner. We were so excited. We had a 5pm dinner reservation and got seated immediately. Everything went down hill from there. Basically the place was understaffed. It took us 18 minutes after we were seated to get our soda. Basically over 2 hours to get through our cheese fondue, meal, & dessert. The wait in between was ridiculous. We got our drinks filled at the end of our meal. The waitress Kelly was clearly taking care of too many tables. Our bill was 129.00 for the 3 of us and normally that would be ok with good service but it was awful. I will not go back to this restaurant. Also, it was so dark we could barely read the menus.
- Awful, awful serviceServiceDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I took our 7 and 5 year old. Sat down to eat a 5pm, left after 7pm!! Service was terrible. Waited at least 15-20 mins between every course....and we do all the cooking. Never going back!'Special Features:
- great gluten-free dining experienceeveryoneishappyDined on 8/30/2014Our family often has a hard time finding a restaurant that effectively accommodates one of our family members who needs gluten-free food. However, The Melting Pot had a gluten-free menu and gluten-free dipping items. Our family member said this was the best gluten-free dining out experience she has had in a long time. Will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Special occasion DiningAmyCDined on 8/27/2014The food is consistently good, the service accommodating. We took advantage of "2 Can Dine for $69 with Wine" which was a great deal!Special Features:
- ForgottenSuppererDined on 8/22/2014Took my bf here for his bday. The service started out excellent however we were most definitely forgotten about having to wait AT LEAST 30 minutes for server to return each time to where by the time I got to request more curry sauce I was done eating. The waiting was excruciating given the music selection here (I'm pretty easy going and eclectic about music, but it was bad r&b- and I like most r&b) and the fact that we were done eating and had no more drinks. Saying all of that I've been here one other time and had outstanding service from a different waiter. I guess I should've requested him. Overall I think they need more servers.Special Features:
- Melting Pot- Rocky River, OHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and fantastic service! This was our first fondue outing and it is quite the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, just wish itBeer4meDined on 8/20/2014Was more affordable. We had a romantic dinner for 2, only because I bought a Groupon for it. If they were more reasonably priced without a Groupon we would go more often. Food, service and ambiance were outstanding! I know your paying for the experience, but I could probably drop over $100 for 2 at a place downtown Cleveland. Would recommend for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!JordonDined on 8/16/2014Everything about it was phenomenal. Highly recommended. Will go back for the next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No chickenNOchickenDined on 8/16/2014The only suggestion I would have is to not order the chicken for an entree. The chicken seemed to take the longest to cook. Our cooking oil wasn't heating up so that might have been the issue. It definitely isn't pleasant to bite into a raw piece of chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but needs fine tuning.FineDinerDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent, and the experience was definitely out of the ordinary. Service was attentive, but a little slow. We found ourselves waiting for our drinks right off the bat. Later, I went to the bar for a breather and waited well over 5 minutes for a bartender to appear. My biggest criticism was price. We arrived with a groupon, and the waiter immediately seemed to change his service level. throughout the meal, he was constantly trying to upsell to higher priced items and additional portions. I disliked the fact that the check blatantly reminded me to tip based on the pre-discounted check. I also disliked the additional line below the total on the merchant copy of the receipt requesting "Additional Gratuity".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.