290 Miracle Mile Dr
Rochester, NY 14623Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Rochester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themeltingpot.com/rochester
- Phone: (585) 424-6358
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: MAKE YOUR EVENING EXTRA SPECIAL WITH ONE OF OUR CELEBRATION PACKAGES!
Surprise your guest with three balloons, a chocolate bar and a commemorative photo in a custom Melting Pot frame. $16.00
Single Rose Package - $19
One rose in a vase with a chocolate bar and commemorative photo in a custom Melting Pot frame.
Half Dozen Rose Arrangement - $29
Six roses in a vase with a chocolate bar and commemorative photo in a custom Melting Pot frame.
One Dozen Rose Arrangement - $45
Twelve roses in a vase with a chocolate bar and commemorative photo in a custom Melting Pot frame.
Prices subject to change on holidays or special event nights. Please note a 12 hour notice is required for all packages.
Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie.
Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- PERFECTION IS THE MELTING POT!!!wxxifanDined on 11/12/2014My husband and I dined at The Melting Pot located in Marketplace Mall (East Entrance) in Rochester, NY on Wednesday night for our 28th Wedding Anniversary. From the moment we walked it and were warmly greeted, I knew it was going to be a good experience. A moment after we were seated in a cozy, pretty private booth, JD came into our lives. You must request that JD be your server/host. He was wonderful. He was friendly, made conversation with us, catered to our every whim and he did his job beautifully. He is a gem!!! What impressed me besides the excellent food and wines was how just about the whole staff, if not the whole staff, came over to congratulate us during the course of the evening. The Melting Pot is all about spoiling you. I think that this would be a perfect place for someone to propose to their desired love. It doesn't get much better than this. We dined for 3 1/2 hrs. Not only were we not rushed, we were told to relax and enjoy ourselves. I added the 3-balloon package. I was not sorry at all. For us, this came with the balloons, a small box of their chocolate wafers, an anniversary card signed by all the staff that was there during our visit (this was a very nice touch, I thought) and a photo of us which they put into a very nice little frame. I was astounded it wasn't just a cardboard folder!!! My favorites from the menu were smores chocolate fondue which we requested be made with dark chocolate (they didn't have trouble with substitutions and catering to our tastes at all!) and the New Age White Wine Blend wine. Everything else was incredible too, but I have a sweet tooth. I wish I could post photos here to show you the whole dining experience. I can't wait to return....it is pricey though, especially if you go the whole 9 yards and splurge on the entire experience like we did. Worth every penny though!!!!! Special thanks to JD and to the manager, Michael who went above and beyond to make this the most memorable, iSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot ExperiencefondueloverDined on 11/11/2014My first experience at The Melting Pot was quite exceptional. The service was fantastic and the food as well. The manager and staff are always on top of things to create the perfect night out. The Melting Pot is perfect for a quiet dining experience for two or for a party of 10. The restaurant caters to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting potAnniversaryDined on 11/9/2014We came to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. It was nice to sit in the secluded booth for a more romantic feeling. The staff made our choices easy and fun. Cooking the entre was a little confusing, the broth temperature didn't get hot enough until a few minutes after it was delivered so the cooking time suggested by the server was a lot longer. It is easy to overcook the seafood which is kind of a frustration. Overall the food was good and we had a good time with our fondue experience. This was a very fun evening, but the prices are a bit high for our budget we probably would not come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedChevyguyDined on 11/7/2014The food was good, but not any better than Applebee's. Restaurant is very plain...even boring. And service was not good! Waitress kept apologizing for courses taking so long and for the wait....don't apologize and then continue to make us wait. I would recommend going to Applebee's or TGIF and spend less than half of what you would spend at the Melting Pot.
- Not ImpressedRocMikeDined on 11/6/2014Our waitress was amazing and the manager who stopped by our table was very friendly... however, I must say we were not impressed with the food. It was of good quality and appeared fresh but not very good overall. I mean who boils their meat? The flavors of the cheeses were bland and disappointing as we tried a couple because the first one was terrible. So basically the only thing we enjoyed was dessert!
- Relaxing and niceWisconsinitesDined on 11/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner here and the waiter was very attentive and helpful. We'll come again when we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience ItReignydayDined on 10/31/2014Great experience our server was outstanding can't wait to try the tempura!Special Features:
- Fun dinningcaptmikeVIPDined on 10/29/2014first time at a melting pot. Have done fondue before but this is great for groups. Broad selection of fondue choices and foods Great for dessert. Waiter peeped some items at the table. Will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedCodyDined on 10/24/2014I reserved a table online a few days before the date. On the day of I called and selected the option to have a single rose in a vase on the table, the woman on the phone proceeded to tell me this included a candle on the table with rose pedals and a complimentary photo at the end of dinner. Upon arriving and being seated the only part of what I was told on the phone was the rose in the vase. I was extremely disappointed in this. I was looking forward to the romantic scene, and it was far from that. This started my dinner out with a sour taste. Service left alot to be desired. No photo at the End of dinner. For being one of the more expensive dinners I've been to it was one of the least impressive. I do not plan on going backSpecial Features:
- Fondue FindDanFuDined on 10/23/2014The food was very good-all fresh and high quality ingredients. The meal was not rushed which was great since everyone did not feel too full and could enjoy each part of the meal.Special Features:
- A sweet mealKateDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I happened to come on Sweetest Day, and their special Sweetest Day couples menu was so much fun. We had never been to The Melting Pot before, and we very much enjoyed the experience. Our server was very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The food was very tasty, and we had a very nice time cooking our own meal and trying all the flavor combinations, with the different meats, batters, and sauces. (Although our favorite was just plain cooked in the hot oil.) We each had a cocktail and a drink with dinner, and we spent about $170 including tip, so it's definitely a special occasion spot. Also, we mentioned to our waiter that we were there celebrating a new job, and the staff went out of their way to make the evening special.Special Features:
- Date night findGreatDined on 10/17/2014A great place to take your significant other for a date night. Quiet, perfect lighting, great food, and excellent staff all combine to make this a great place for a date! We have been to several of these in Florida, this one is clean, friendly, and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweetyum2tumDined on 9/26/2014Very good food. The service was fast and the setting was relaxed. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerOhSoSweetDined on 9/20/2014The melting pot is a great place for a romantic night out, a small group celebration or for a more exciting business meeting. The tables are private and cozy where the experience is hands on fun. The key is in the right server because they will be your guide throughout your whole meal. They are always very friendly and knowledgable about their trade. We shared our experience with the server Brendan who I would recommend for future customers. For the full taste of the menu it can get fairly pricy but there are options that can help your walletSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue HeavenNotAPhillyPhanaticNatFanDined on 9/14/2014Had a wonderful meal there! The staff is excellent! The food is fabulous! Everything about The Melting Pot is fantastic. We had the four-course meal, and a small carafe of wine each, and the entire bill, including tip (and I tip at least 20%) was under $140!!!Special Features:
- Amazing TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Waitress was spectacular. Food was superb. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No strawberrys for our 1st time?StrawberryWhineDined on 9/6/2014Our 1st time at melting pot & our 11th wedding anniversary. Our waiter was definitely aware of this. Great experience. Drinks were great &most of the food was wonderful. Love the array of dipping sauces. Disappointed in a few things. Potatoes were discolored, didn't eat them. Broccoli took on too much peppery flavor from the broth making it impossible for us to eat. The couple next to us complained of the same to their waitress who was different from our waiter Barry. We offered our agreement. Our biggest dissatisfaction was the waitress for couple next to us gave them a complimentary take home box of chocolate strawberries, stating it was because it was this couples 1st time there. We left wondering why we weren't given any strawberries.Special Features:
- Great ServiceanumerixVIPDined on 9/4/2014A terrific dining experience - excellent food - friendly, professional service - and management went the extra mile to ensure a special experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceJceg92Dined on 9/1/2014We just came in for our first anniversary, and our waiter truly made our night special. He had an extensive knowledge of the wine list, and it tied the whole meal together. He truly went the extra mile to make our night perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlennDined on 8/31/2014It was very nice. They took great care of us, on our aniversary. We had a lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencebebacks00nDined on 8/25/2014Our server Joe was great, very patient and helpful as he walked us through our experience. The food was delicious and it was fun to cook it in the fondue pots. I will definitely go back there again either with friends for fun or a date for romance. Who would think you'd find a restaurant this great in a mall?!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We went out to dinner to eat; not cook our meal. It was assumed that we could have black pepper in our cooking sauce. Should not ignore a customer's diet restrictions.
- Great dinner!mandersp3Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. It was nice because it was a step above other restaurants due to the special 4-course meal. Our waitress was personable and very informative about our food. The food was very delicious.Special Features:
- Great serverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Our table side server was Tori and she was great! Very personable and fun! The staff was very attentive and friendly as well. I definitely recommend The Melting Pot for your next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFonduLoverDined on 8/23/2014Absolutely wonderful experience. Once again, as I have told many, many people, this is a class act. They never disappoint. This time we had Brian as a server and he was great. Great personality, knowledgeable, genuine and all around nice guy. We live approximately 2 hours away, and I wish we could afford to do this once a month because we would be there. This has become one of my favorite things to do. It is so much fun. I think we have been three or four times this year. I'm really looking forward to the next "Endless Fondue" special you run, because we will definitely be there. It's pretty neat to try different cheese fondues, and there isn't a bad choice when it comes to the desserts. Yummmmmmmmm! Awesome, awesome restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate a birthdaybirthdaygalDined on 8/7/2014I treated my best friend who I've known over 50 years to a special lunch at your restaurant. It was exactly what I expected and more. The server, Chang (I believe) spent extra time with us explaining options and making sure we were pleased. He added to the overall experience. My friend really enjoyed it. Lunchtime was quiet so we enjoyed time to chat. A group birthday card given to my friend, along with candle on one of the food items, really tickled her! Thank you for a unique dining experience. We are sure to return. Cheese and chocolate course were to die for and the strawberry salad was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful..6yearsandcountingDined on 8/1/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the quick service and knowledgeable staff. Tori was friendly, answered any of our questions and made our evening very relaxing. I would certainly recommend the Melting Pot to anyone wanting to have a unique and memorable dining experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I have had the same waiter..Chris.. who was wonderful and added to our experience.Special Features:
- The following 297 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Rochester reviews archive.
- Just GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Our service was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable. The food was okay. Potatoes didn't cut in the broth and they were in there for 20 minutes. Lots of fruit flies too. Not sure if we would go back or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Group or Special OccasionSeafoodLoverDined on 7/27/2014We had a great time with my parents, son and daughter-in-law for this belated Father's Day dinner outing. The food was good and service was good! While I wouldn't recommend the Melting Pot as "kid-friendly" (because of the "hot pots and limited kid friendly menu) - they did make accommodations for our little one - cutting up apples and bringing milk for him. We will return - and recommend to friends - just not with little kids in tow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014We purchased a Groupon for this restaraunt so we could try a new place. We were extremely satisfied with the experience. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was relaxing and our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Wednesday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed the experience. The food was good. Our primary server was not good. We spent too much of our time looking for him. Fortunately, the rest of the staff (including the manager) always seemed to notice us looking, and stepped up to get us what we needed.Special Features:
- Great fondueRobertDined on 7/17/2014Excellent fondue. Especially good for dessert. A little expensive and long for a full mealSpecial Features:
- Impressed with The Melting Potmmn12083Dined on 7/16/2014This was our first time visiting the restaurant (party of 2). Nice atmosphere. Our server was awesome and knowledgeable. Unique dining experience. Food was delicious, especially the chocolate.Special Features:
- New comerWeezerDined on 7/16/2014Went for dessert. It was ok. Not enough quantity of dipping items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionSentimentalGalDined on 7/14/2014I wanted to take my parents someplace special for their 30th Anniversary. I wanted it to be something they'd remember and appreciate. The Melting Pot was the perfect choice. I had the option to select a celebration package, which I did. There was a single, beautiful rose on the table complete with rose petals. Not only was our server very helpful in explaining how we would be using the burners and the pairings of the entrees with the drinks and the sauces, but Chris also kicked it up a notch. He brought us all champagne to toast to their 30 year together. He also took a photo of all of us and framed it and gave it to us to take home to remember. My parents loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceTreeAndKayDined on 7/12/2014We had such a wonderful waitress, she accommodated our dessert first routine. Very enthusiastic, genuine, and sweet. We were so pleased with our food and the environment. We have been at the melting pot a handful of times and will continue to go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress/FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014It was our first visit to The Melting Pot and it was a great experience. The food was great, due to the outstanding explanation of every question we had. Hillary was our waitress and she was truly amazing. Not sure how long she has been employed there, but she knew anything and everything about the menu, including the ingredients for one of our attendees who has a food allergy. I will definitely return and will ensure we ask for Hillary again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experienceTonyDeWonderfulDined on 7/5/2014We tried the melting pot this past weekend. We had a groupon so it made it worthwhile. We had a great experience at the restaurant. Our server, Andrew, was great at explaining exactly how things worked, what he recommended for cooking styles, etc. Without the groupon this would definitely be on the pricy side. That being said, we would definitely recommend the restaurant. The food was delicious! Our groupon was for 4 entrees so we tried the marinated steak, salmon, chicken, and pork entrees (all were very good). Our groupon didn't include dessert but we ordered some anyway - it was well worth it. In the end we had a great time and would highly recommend it - just be prepared to pay for the experience.Special Features:
- great foodsapphiregirlDined on 7/1/2014Amazing food. Each and every menu item sounded delicious. Our salads were "scrape the plate" worthy. The cheese was so rich and flavorful, and our entrees were more flavorful and decandent than we expected.Special Features: