290 Miracle Mile Dr
Rochester, NY 14623Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Rochester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themeltingpot.com/rochester
- Phone: 5854246358
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: MAKE YOUR EVENING EXTRA SPECIAL WITH ONE OF OUR CELEBRATION PACKAGES!
Surprise your guest with three balloons, a chocolate bar and a commemorative photo in a custom Melting Pot frame. $16.00
Single Rose Package - $19
One rose in a vase with a chocolate bar and commemorative photo in a custom Melting Pot frame.
Half Dozen Rose Arrangement - $29
Six roses in a vase with a chocolate bar and commemorative photo in a custom Melting Pot frame.
One Dozen Rose Arrangement - $45
Twelve roses in a vase with a chocolate bar and commemorative photo in a custom Melting Pot frame.
Prices subject to change on holidays or special event nights. Please note a 12 hour notice is required for all packages.
Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie.
Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Our server Joe was great, very patient and helpful as he walked us through our experience. The food was delicious and it was fun to cook it in the fondue pots. I will definitely go back there again either with friends for fun or a date for romance. Who would think you'd find a restaurant this great in a mall?!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We went out to dinner to eat; not cook our meal. It was assumed that we could have black pepper in our cooking sauce. Should not ignore a customer's diet restrictions.
- Great dinner!mandersp3Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. It was nice because it was a step above other restaurants due to the special 4-course meal. Our waitress was personable and very informative about our food. The food was very delicious.Special Features:
- Great serverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Our table side server was Tori and she was great! Very personable and fun! The staff was very attentive and friendly as well. I definitely recommend The Melting Pot for your next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFonduLoverDined on 8/23/2014Absolutely wonderful experience. Once again, as I have told many, many people, this is a class act. They never disappoint. This time we had Brian as a server and he was great. Great personality, knowledgeable, genuine and all around nice guy. We live approximately 2 hours away, and I wish we could afford to do this once a month because we would be there. This has become one of my favorite things to do. It is so much fun. I think we have been three or four times this year. I'm really looking forward to the next "Endless Fondue" special you run, because we will definitely be there. It's pretty neat to try different cheese fondues, and there isn't a bad choice when it comes to the desserts. Yummmmmmmmm! Awesome, awesome restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate a birthdaybirthdaygalDined on 8/7/2014I treated my best friend who I've known over 50 years to a special lunch at your restaurant. It was exactly what I expected and more. The server, Chang (I believe) spent extra time with us explaining options and making sure we were pleased. He added to the overall experience. My friend really enjoyed it. Lunchtime was quiet so we enjoyed time to chat. A group birthday card given to my friend, along with candle on one of the food items, really tickled her! Thank you for a unique dining experience. We are sure to return. Cheese and chocolate course were to die for and the strawberry salad was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful..6yearsandcountingDined on 8/1/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the quick service and knowledgeable staff. Tori was friendly, answered any of our questions and made our evening very relaxing. I would certainly recommend the Melting Pot to anyone wanting to have a unique and memorable dining experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I have had the same waiter..Chris.. who was wonderful and added to our experience.Special Features:
- Just GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Our service was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable. The food was okay. Potatoes didn't cut in the broth and they were in there for 20 minutes. Lots of fruit flies too. Not sure if we would go back or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Group or Special OccasionSeafoodLoverDined on 7/27/2014We had a great time with my parents, son and daughter-in-law for this belated Father's Day dinner outing. The food was good and service was good! While I wouldn't recommend the Melting Pot as "kid-friendly" (because of the "hot pots and limited kid friendly menu) - they did make accommodations for our little one - cutting up apples and bringing milk for him. We will return - and recommend to friends - just not with little kids in tow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014We purchased a Groupon for this restaraunt so we could try a new place. We were extremely satisfied with the experience. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was relaxing and our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Wednesday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed the experience. The food was good. Our primary server was not good. We spent too much of our time looking for him. Fortunately, the rest of the staff (including the manager) always seemed to notice us looking, and stepped up to get us what we needed.Special Features:
- Great fondueRobertDined on 7/17/2014Excellent fondue. Especially good for dessert. A little expensive and long for a full mealSpecial Features:
- Impressed with The Melting Potmmn12083Dined on 7/16/2014This was our first time visiting the restaurant (party of 2). Nice atmosphere. Our server was awesome and knowledgeable. Unique dining experience. Food was delicious, especially the chocolate.Special Features:
- New comerWeezerDined on 7/16/2014Went for dessert. It was ok. Not enough quantity of dipping items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionSentimentalGalDined on 7/14/2014I wanted to take my parents someplace special for their 30th Anniversary. I wanted it to be something they'd remember and appreciate. The Melting Pot was the perfect choice. I had the option to select a celebration package, which I did. There was a single, beautiful rose on the table complete with rose petals. Not only was our server very helpful in explaining how we would be using the burners and the pairings of the entrees with the drinks and the sauces, but Chris also kicked it up a notch. He brought us all champagne to toast to their 30 year together. He also took a photo of all of us and framed it and gave it to us to take home to remember. My parents loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceTreeAndKayDined on 7/12/2014We had such a wonderful waitress, she accommodated our dessert first routine. Very enthusiastic, genuine, and sweet. We were so pleased with our food and the environment. We have been at the melting pot a handful of times and will continue to go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress/FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014It was our first visit to The Melting Pot and it was a great experience. The food was great, due to the outstanding explanation of every question we had. Hillary was our waitress and she was truly amazing. Not sure how long she has been employed there, but she knew anything and everything about the menu, including the ingredients for one of our attendees who has a food allergy. I will definitely return and will ensure we ask for Hillary again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experienceTonyDeWonderfulDined on 7/5/2014We tried the melting pot this past weekend. We had a groupon so it made it worthwhile. We had a great experience at the restaurant. Our server, Andrew, was great at explaining exactly how things worked, what he recommended for cooking styles, etc. Without the groupon this would definitely be on the pricy side. That being said, we would definitely recommend the restaurant. The food was delicious! Our groupon was for 4 entrees so we tried the marinated steak, salmon, chicken, and pork entrees (all were very good). Our groupon didn't include dessert but we ordered some anyway - it was well worth it. In the end we had a great time and would highly recommend it - just be prepared to pay for the experience.Special Features:
- great foodsapphiregirlDined on 7/1/2014Amazing food. Each and every menu item sounded delicious. Our salads were "scrape the plate" worthy. The cheese was so rich and flavorful, and our entrees were more flavorful and decandent than we expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014It is a nice way to make sure you relax and take your time through dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencefoodieDined on 6/26/2014This can only be described as a dining experience. It takes about 3 hours for the 4-course experience. It is so different and so much fun. We celebrated my daughter's graduation. I added in a balloon bouquet which included 3 balloons, a box of chocolates, a card signed by the whole staff, and a framed picture of us. When they found out it was her graduation, they used balloons in her school's colors, her name to personalize the card, and the type of chocolates. With the dessert fondue, they brought her a piece of cheesecake with a candle on a plate decorated with "Congratulations' and a graduation cap. She was so pleased with the special attention. The food was delicious, and the service was outstanding! Outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Night Out4birthdaygirlnightoutDined on 6/25/2014The Melting pot was Hosting a Vintage Girl's Night Out on June' 25th which just happened to be my daughters 4th birthday. I dressed her up-we invited two of her girls to join us at dinner for the special birthday. The girls were treated like little princesses by everyone. They had their picture taken on the red carpet, the host from Macy's gave them tons of Hershey kisses, and the ladies from Clinique refreshed their lip-gloss. It was a totally awesome experience for the girls. They have not stopped talking about "The Melting Pot." The best part for me as a parent was the food was awesome and all I had to do was supervise the fondue pots so that no-one got burned. What a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, ServiceLeacherieDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food, service and cheese & chocolate delicious. This is a great place to relax and unwind with the girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YooperYooperDined on 6/24/2014Stopped in enroute to Michigan. Only other time at a Melting Pot was 2001 in Nashville. Place was extraordinary busy. Ryan was our waiter even though he supposed to bus tables, it was that busy. Seating was only 5 min late despite the traffic. Excellent service and food; cheaper than Nashville as well. Won't be waiting 13 years for the next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014We had reservations and had to wait about 30 mins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecializedHenryVIPDined on 6/24/2014Limited menu but a unique dining experience. Items are ala carte unless one opts for the four course special. Special occasion restaurant as it is mainly fondue and expensive.Special Features:
- A Fun ExperienceSherDined on 6/22/2014The Melting Pot is tucked into a corner of the mall and was hard to find, but worth it once we did! The prices are rather high, but you can easily share one dinner between two people and be quite satisfied. The menu is confusing at first because there are so many options! Our waitress was wonderful in explaining the whole process to us. My husband and I found it to be fun, romantic and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Fondue!landwDined on 6/21/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with dinner out at The Melting Pot. When the staff heard that, everyone went out of their way to express their best wishes and to make our time there pleasant. The food was great, we were very impressed by the service, and we would enjoy eating there again!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dining ExperiencewatkinsDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I went to The Melting Pot to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed the fondue experience and found the foods very flavorful. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Class Act!FonduLoverDined on 6/14/2014This was my fourth time there and it was outstanding as expected. We had an absolutely wonderful time. Christina was our server this time, very friendly and knowledgeable. No surprise there. Every time each server has been great. This experience is worth every penny. Heads up...more than a few pennies will be spent, but it is so worth it! Each time we have been, the manager has always made it a point to stop by our table and made sure all our needs were being met and asked if there was anything else they could do to enhance our experience. Class act! I can't wait to go back. Husbands...significant others...Melting Pot gift cards are a wonderful way to show how much you love them. My husband did well, I didn't have to pay a thing!Special Features:
- first time but not the last4forksDined on 6/7/2014This was our first visit to The Melting Pot. The staff were friendly and attentive. We chose the 4 course meal and were not disappointed. We were able to make a substitution and appreciated the flexibility. We were not rushed and could just enjoy each course. Had a nice surprise at the end of the meal to celebrate a 40th anniversary. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great!CWedgeDined on 5/25/2014The booth that we were given was private and really quiet, it was great for an anniversary dinner!!Special Features:
- Relax and Enjoy!LeacherieDined on 5/24/2014We went to dinner with a couple and enjoyed a four course meal. Lobster, Filet Mignon, Shrimp were amazing as always. Cheese and Chocolate are also always amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!Jb14450Dined on 5/22/2014The Melting Pot always nails it with their delicious food and great service, especially if you have a food allergy (celiac disease)- they do a wonderful job keeping their staff informed on how to be gluten free and using safe handling practices. It's always a pleasure toxins here!!Special Features:
- Great place to eatKelley5Dined on 5/15/2014This was our first time at the melting pot. It was a very unique experience. We enjoyed everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningdeadcatDined on 5/10/2014Fun night of special food to celebrate a special occasion. A 3 hour 4-course meal that kept us waiting at times unnecessarily, but forced us to pause and enjoy each other's company and relax for once. Service was very nice and the staff went out of their way to honor our anniversary a couple times, which was really pleasing. I was out of water for about 1/2 an hour, though. Overall, will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 267 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Rochester reviews archive.
- RIT StudentRITStudentDined on 5/3/2014I came here with my boyfriend and his family after IMAGINE RIT. The food and service were Amazing! This was out first experience at a fondue type restaurant and the waitress and host explained all the different ways we could order food very easily, gave great suggestions and were incredibly pleasant. The food was absolutely delicious! The food there has a fair price for the atmosphere and quality along with the fact that it's fondue style. It was a lot of money to take a whole family there, but for a couple sharing it's not too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYummyDined on 5/1/2014We went out for my husband's birthday and each ordered the 4-course meal. Our favorite parts were the cheese and chocolate fondues. The salad was small, but delicious. We chose the classic for the main, which included many meats and shrimp. We also chose the red wine base. I ended up not liking the base, so I did not like the meats much as a result. The bill was very expensive, so I don't think the food was worth what the bill came out to be. However, the atmosphere was wonderful. Romantic, private, and so classy. Obviously, money goes toward a lot of that stuff, so I was glad we did it once. Next time, we'll just do the cheese and chocolate fondues!Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner for TwopickyeaterDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I went for a night out without the kids. The atmosphere is perfect for this type of outing. Our booth was in a little alcove that made us feel like it was just the two of us. The service was excellent. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. The manager came by to introduce himself and make sure our experience was all we had hoped for. In addition, other staff passing by offered drinks when they noticed ours were low and cleared dishes. It was a team effort that left us very impressed. The food was great and we loved the whole four-course fondue experience.Special Features: