The Melting Pot - Reston
11730 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Reston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/reston/specials
- Phone: (703) 435-1277
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00-11:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Executive Chef: Corey Randolph
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Reston
Fondue is a fun and interactive dining experience - and for more than three decades, The Melting Pot has defined the niche across the American dining scene. A visit to the sophisticated The Melting Pot introduces diners to the traditional and fun Swiss cooking style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
The Melting Pot - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (196)romantic (146)good for groups (126)fit for foodies (87)kid-friendly (43)notable wine list (30)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (15)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014We went for teacher appreciation night and it was crowded but we had reservations. The service was awesome and the food amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Great food. I felt our waiter was just a bit "over-worked" and was ready for us to leave and/or finish our order so he could move on. He was nice, but I felt like he was a bit tired of having to explain things to us and we just weren't that needy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner! Lots of fun and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SonyaDined on 11/22/2014We had a wonderful time! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was so much fun! We were there for my kids good report card and they brought them a special treat, which was so nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChristineDined on 11/21/2014As usual, The Melting Pot did not disappoint! Great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration of LifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014A great place to sit back and enjoy the evening with my 3 sisters and celebrating what would of been my oldest sister birthday. The 4 course meal was the way we went. The only thing we all agreed on what the lighting. We had to use a flash from our phones to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerFamilydinerDined on 11/16/2014Not great value. Too pricey for the quality. You are paying for the experience (of cooking your own food) not the meal. Main course is soley the meat/fish with very little vegetables or anything else. Don't think we will be back.Special Features:
- DaveDined on 11/16/2014I had a great experience and my gluten free child loved all the options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our anniversary.GnoRulesDined on 11/15/2014We had a great time and the food was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best spots in restonfoodguruDined on 11/13/2014Great food fun for everyone, a little expensive but its well worth it I recommend ordering a 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate Fondue for 13th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We took 8 girls for Chocolate Foundue and as a group of 10 we were able to sit at the large table in back and have three choices of chocolate. We tried the milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and milk chocolate with caramel. We enjoyed all three, but preferred the basic chocolate. They were great about bringing out extra items to dip and the blondies and strawberries were a favorite. We purchased the extra package for a group picture (and teddy bear and balloon and chocolate covered strawberries) and the manager kindly emailed us a copy. Now we can print a copy for each girl and include it with the thank you note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLuvF00dDined on 11/2/2014It was our first time there. Our server, Frazier, was fantastic. He gave us an introduction on how the 4-course meal was done. He showed us how to fondue. Frazier made it stress-free for me. He took care of us. The kids had fun. It was a great experience for both kids and adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time FonduOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014First time trying fondu and was very confused by the menu. However, my server explained everything very well and made it very uncomplicated. I could truly enjoy my evening without having to think about the complicated menu! I went home and raved about this place to everyone that would listen. Such a nice atmosphere, and the food was great, but you're going for the experience more than anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great service. Great food. Good "walk thru" of how it works by the server-for first timers.Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceLeticiaDined on 10/31/2014I always take advantage of the Living Social deals for Melting Pot since the place is pretty pricey but the atmosphere is definitely a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Dining ExperienceDiningDebDined on 10/30/2014The Melting Pot is always a great place to go for more than just a dinner. The selection is great and the fondue experience is always fun!Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/29/2014Food is very expensive given the quality. Don't understand why it cost $10/person for cheese fondue. Our tuna was very fishy. Our waiter talked to a Mgr. who said he took money off bill which was extremely confusing to understand given our wine discount (special on Wed) and Living Social offer. As we looked later, nothing much was taken off for the tuna we never cooked/ate.Special Features:
- Just OKTrueNaturalistaDined on 10/26/2014The food was delicious but definitely not worth the price. Our experience would have been better if we had a better server. Overall I was not impressed and won't be returning.Special Features:
- Good dining experiencespeleothermDined on 10/25/2014Excellent service. I marked Ambience as "good" only because I generally favor smaller, cozier places. But it made good use of the space it was in, and the evening was a pleasant one.Special Features:
- Great time, great staffLynEDined on 10/25/2014We went here for my husbands birthday. We have been before and my kids, 13 and 8, love it. We had a Living Social deal that I did not notice, was not able to be used on Saturdays- the day of our reservation. The management said we could use it anyway, since it was so close to it's expiration date. THANK YOU! Lucy, our server was fantastic. She brought us more vegetables and fruit to appease my kids. We had a great time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014Had a great time at the Melting Pot - Reston. The food was great and the atmosphere was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night, something differentKristyDined on 10/24/2014The Melting Pot is not the kind of place you'd go to every week, but it's a fun thing to try for something different. It would be good for either a romantic dinner for a couple or a lively group gatheringSpecial Features:
- wonderful experiencefoodieloverDined on 10/21/2014Excellent service, knowledgeable about recommendations, thoroughly enjoyed our dinner date and can't wait to return! Danny was our server and he was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good timetk71Dined on 10/21/2014Dinner at The Melting Pot is a decadent affair, starting with a cheese course, then salads, then the main event, and last, the chocolate. We always get the Fiesta Cheese, which is cheese, beer, salsa, and jalapeños, all mixed to the perfect queso consistency. It comes with chips, cubes of bread, and apples and vegetables for dipping. The house salad is a good salad. The house dressing is a nice, sweet and tangy, honey-mustard dressing. Then we get the French Quarter. Chicken, Shrimp, and Sirloin cubes all rolled in cajun spices. And some Andouille sausage, too, along with some vegetables. Pick a nice chocolate for desert. Like, the S'mores chocolate. Yum.Special Features:
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The Melting Pot is a unique restaurant with a romantic atmosphere, great service, and excellent food. Good for a special occasion or just for a dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valerDined on 10/19/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. It was relaxing and a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the expirenceSpecialOcassionDinnerDined on 10/19/2014Our waiter was great! Very nice and checked up on us frequently but no too much. We did the ultimate romance package for my birthday and the waiter brought out a candle and decorated plate with "happy birthday" written on it. He changed the menu around a little bit for us so that we could get what we wanted and brought out any extras of the deserts that we wanted. Only complaint is the other waitress was very loud when serving the table behind us. And she stood there talking to them for 10 minutes. Then the man who was supposed to take our picture kept not showing up until the very end and then took a blurry picture. The food was very good tho and our waiter definitely made it a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time with friendsShioriDined on 10/19/2014We had 4 in our party and enjoyed a meal-experience together. Great food, our waitress was exceptional, fun time "cooking" and dipping our own food. Loved it!Special Features:
- Reeally enjoyed our timeGoodDined on 10/12/2014It was a wonderful experience. My husband (the guest of honor) was his first time. He really enjoyed our time here,Special Features:
- Simply Wonderfultricor17Dined on 10/12/2014It was only my second time at The Melting Pot. My husband took me there on our first date. Now, ten years later, I surprised him with our first date all over again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014we were celebrating our anniversary and this was our first time there. it was all we expected and more! only negative is a lot of restaurants we have been to at least acknowledge our celebration when we put it in the notes of our reservation. this place didn't say a thing unless we paid for the extras like a balloon or flowers or a picture for a hundred dollars. just would've been nice if they had acknowledged what we were celebratingSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerWillDined on 10/11/2014Very accommodating staff. They made something for us that wasn't on the menu. They also gave us a complimentary glass of champagne for our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceSouthernfoodieDined on 10/11/2014I have been a patron of the Melting Pot franchise for many years, including several visits to this particular restaurant. The food quality continues to be excellent, but for the first time I was markedly disappointed in the staff. The timeliness of service, accuracy of the order, and responsiveness were all sadly lacking. Though the manager came by and quickly addressed the shortcomings, the fact that it rose to his level was unacceptable. In fairness, it is possible the restaurant was understaffed for the evening, but I did not notice similar challenges at adjacent tables. I sincerely hope this was an aberration - time will tell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealDoubleDelsDined on 10/11/2014We recently celebrated our 40th anniversary at The Melting Pot. We selected it for the quality of food and service, and the unique dining experience. We were not disappointed. We chose the most popular items on the menu and they were delicious. Our server, Melody, could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Our one suggestion would be to kick the lighting up just a notch. As the evening progressed, our little booth got rather dim. It's nice to be romantic, but it's nice to see what you are eating as well. Overall it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Not a good value restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by long time client. We called in for a reservation and asked for 6-piece strawberry and "happy birthday" balloon favor, for party of 4. When we got there, there was a stuffed bear with box of 3 strawberries and a "congratulations" balloon. The hostess initially insisted that is what we must have ordered but we didn't and I didn't want to insist and ruin the fun. I asked if we could get 3 more strawberries and she came back with box of 6 do that was ok but she didn't change the balloon and the overall surprise was gone. I could have overlooked this to some extent but the quality of the meat was subpar and for what we paid, there is not excuse. The chocolate desert was good.
- Romantic date night placeFunCoupleDined on 10/5/2014The waiter Oscar was outstanding he was excellent It is a fun experience not an everyday thing but I had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Birthdays!Mhkitty06Dined on 10/3/2014Went there for my birthday. The staff was very enthusiastic and wished me HB several times. Meal was wonderful as always. My only minor gripe was that our server forgot 2 of the few requests we made for refills, very minor but annoying all the same. Still he was very nice and quite attentive otherwise. Love this place and will continue to come back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014It is a great place for friends to get together and have a lot of fun as well as great food. You are not rushed through. The wait staff was always right there for whatever your needs were.Special Features:
- Great experienceRuss0164Dined on 9/26/2014Have been to a few fondue restaurants in the past. The Melting Pot was to shelf in every way. Service was excellent and the food good and very filling. Ate too much desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Great service - friendly, detailed and attentive - pace was just right, allowing for just the right amount of talking during and between courses. Wish the seating was better - I am 5'4" and barely made it to the comfortable eating height and there isn't enough room for 2 ladies 100 lbs and 140 lbs each with their jackets on one bench so wish it was a little bit more spacious. But food was great, service was super and it is a fun place to go spend 2-3 hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.