The Melting Pot - Reston
11730 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Reston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/reston/specials
- Phone: 7034351277
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00-11:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Executive Chef: Corey Randolph
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Reston
Fondue is a fun and interactive dining experience - and for more than three decades, The Melting Pot has defined the niche across the American dining scene. A visit to the sophisticated The Melting Pot introduces diners to the traditional and fun Swiss cooking style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
The Melting Pot - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (186)romantic (132)good for groups (106)fit for foodies (62)kid-friendly (36)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (15)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014It is a great place for friends to get together and have a lot of fun as well as great food. You are not rushed through. The wait staff was always right there for whatever your needs were.Special Features:
- Great experienceRuss0164Dined on 9/26/2014Have been to a few fondue restaurants in the past. The Melting Pot was to shelf in every way. Service was excellent and the food good and very filling. Ate too much desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Great service - friendly, detailed and attentive - pace was just right, allowing for just the right amount of talking during and between courses. Wish the seating was better - I am 5'4" and barely made it to the comfortable eating height and there isn't enough room for 2 ladies 100 lbs and 140 lbs each with their jackets on one bench so wish it was a little bit more spacious. But food was great, service was super and it is a fun place to go spend 2-3 hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday special treatsmlake05Dined on 9/22/2014Great place for that special birthday dinner with a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!LauraVDined on 9/21/2014Always a wonderful experience at The Melting Pot in Reston! We went for my son's 15th birthday and got the balloon package with chocolate covered strawberries. He was really surprised and our meal was wonderful as usual. We opted for cheese, salad, 2 individual entrees and chocolate for 4 which was still plenty of food for all of us and we weren't overly stuffed like in the past with the 4-course for 4 people! The server seemed a little irritated that we opted for 2 entrees and kept recommending "the big night out" despite a seafood allergy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is What it is; A classic.gScottDined on 9/21/2014You don't come here for the succulent perfectly cooked and seasoned rib-eye. They don't have the latest chef serving up fashionable foodie fare. What they do have is what they've always had: Friendly and quick service with a smile that keeps this social meal style going decades after it went out of style in the house. Expect a four course meal to take 2.5 hours and cost you about 65-75$ per person with drinks.Special Features:
- Melting Pot Reston, VAswandixieDined on 9/20/2014I choose the Melting Pot to celebrate my wife's birthday because it has become a tradition to go to a Melting Pot whether we were living in Orlando, FL, Cleveland, OH, Toledo, OH or Manassas, VA. I choose the Reston location because it was easier to get to which is saying something in the Washington, DC area. My wife and I really enjoy the intimate setting and the wide variety of menu options. This is not a restaurant for a quick bite to eat. This is a restaurant to enjoy and savor the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBluedancer42Dined on 9/14/2014It was my first time there,I had an amazing time. The whole dining experience was just perfect and amazing. It was so much fun! I think everyone should go and try this place out. Making a reservation on Open Table is super easy and quick! I love this website and will use it again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014It was my first visit to The Melting Pot in Reston and it was amazing! My friends and I had an incredible time. We have now declared this the official girl's night out/birthday spot! Great ambiance, service, & food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewerDined on 9/13/2014Definitely a change of pace from the usually restaurants, but the lighting is poor. Fun dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIME!!!MugsDined on 9/13/2014Me and my wife haven't been to The Melting Pot in a long time due to having a child but even with the new changes to certain parts of the menu and the restaurant its still a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with some disappointmentsSP09Dined on 9/12/2014The best part of the dinner was the cheese and the dessert fondue. The main course was disappointing. For the amount of food that you get, and the amount that you pay for it, there are much better deals out there. The quality of the food was also a little disappointing. My husband and I were at least expecting more flavorful meats for what we were paying, or at least more than what was given to us. The server and the trainee were great. We didn't have any problems there. The noise level was very loud especially for the time of night (reservation was at 9:15). It was difficult to hear what my husband was saying from across the table.Special Features:
- The Melting Pot RestonstewartdsDined on 9/12/2014Service was amazing, and really enjoyed myself. I will be coming back to this location, since I had a bad experience at the Arlington location.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!PjtrivitaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Celebrated 2 birthdays and had a fabulous time! Service was amazing, food was fabulous and we had a great time! Thanks!Special Features:
- Love It!twix66Dined on 9/8/2014The Melting Pot is one of my favorite places to eat. Living on a fixed income, however, it is not a place I can afford to dine at outside of special occasions. I would highly recommend it to friends and family. The food is always outstanding, and the service is spectacular! Birthdays are always a treat in my family, as we tend to celebrate there. Keep up the excellent work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiance, food, and service!mronedrfullDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I had one of our first dates here years ago and we went back for wedding anniversary this year. The experience was just as great as our first time. Food was delicious and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just dinner - an event!SesaseedsDined on 9/5/2014My daughter chose The Melting Pot for her 13th b'day party with two friends, her aunt, and me - a girl's night out. It lasted 3+ hrs. Our table had two pots, so we got two kinds of cheese, cooking broth, and chocolate. We had to decide which we would select, and throughout the extended meal, which never felt too long, we marvelled at how interactive an experience it was. The food was all high quality. (My husband was even delighted with the excellent quality of his leftovers meal the next day!). Our server, Lindsay, was simply the best I've ever encountered; she added to our perfect evening. My daughter declared this her new birthday tradition! A caveat: you'll pay a lot, but you won't feel at all overcharged - it's truly worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014We were pleased when we got a late reservation confirmed (wow - great luck). We were pleased when we asked for larger table and they accommodated us. Unfortunately the service was not very good. Both wines we asked for were out (no problem - we are flexible). We ran out of cheese fondu when about 1/3 of our snacks were eaten, so 2/3's of our bread, veggies, and fruit were whisked away. Our service was below the service we received in the Arlington Melting Pot less than 2 months before this dinner. It was so-so.Special Features:
- Great experienceSquireJoeDined on 8/30/2014I had been to other Melting Pots, before. It was my Girlfriends first time. We both had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy as alwayskgoldenhDined on 8/29/2014prices have stayed the same over the years more or less but the portions have gotten smaller. Not something for dinner often due to cost but for special occasions it is a nice place. It used to be a romantic spot but the new Reston location was filled with kids.Special Features:
- Special Occasion dinnerLuigiDined on 8/28/2014Reservation was noted at arrival even when I had changed it to an earlier time less than 45 minutes before. Table was prepped and ready for us, including the additional setup noted at reservation. Hostess and staff were courteous and made the evening great for the special night. Everything went well for the 4 course dinner and of course, dessert was the BEST... Couldn't have asked for a better night out at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change is GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014I've been dining at the melting pot since '08 and things have changed. There is no more "Big Night Out" menu. Instead it's priced per person, however you still have to agree on the Cheese, Cooking Style and Chocolate if you did the four courses. The Love Martini is my absolute favorite! Everything was wonderful and the server we had was fantastic as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!Love2fondueDined on 8/23/2014Would definitely recommend the melting pot for a romantic and fun dinner date. They were attentive and impressed us with their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dates and businessDonnaPDined on 8/23/2014I have gone to the Melting Pot for both date night and business and highly recommend it! The staff is very accommodating to all your needs and making certain your evening is one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food!TheCetinsDined on 8/23/2014As always, food was excellent...bring back the baby red potatoes and cheesecake though. The only issue was we had was the potatoes, if you get yellow/gold potatoes, cut them smaller than what the prep cook does because they won't cook. We had ours in the pot for 45 minutes and they never cooked fully. Shame. But still a fab date place for me and the hubby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great end to restaurant weekAmcbentooDined on 8/17/2014We are not new to the melting pot and enjoyed a special evening out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what I rememberedRachelTzDined on 8/17/2014This was my first time dining at the Reston location. We went for restaurant week and got the special entree selection. Fairly good quality, but nothing wow'd me. The waitstaff wasn't very attentive. After the waiter spilled ice water on us, we had to ask for more napkins three times. Overall nothing all that special and I won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The waiter gave great recommendations and was always on time when we needed refills on drinks, dippers, etc. Even when someone in my party accidentally spilled their drink, he did not make her feel embarrassed and even got her another drink at no charge! Even though it was restaurant week, he was still very attentive. Truly a unique experience with great food and service! I'll be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDiningDebDined on 8/17/2014The Melting Pot is always a great choice for getting together with friends. Food is good and the atmosphere is fun.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchMadisonDined on 8/17/2014The food was great. The waitress went out of her way to take care of us. The prices were quoted wrong, but the manager took care of it. The only issue I had was towards the end with the chocolate. It took a very long time for the chocolate to heat up, and when we told the waitress she stirred it with a spoon and stuck her hand in it. We both thought that was a little strange and unpleasant. Aside from that, the meal was good, and they should be open for lunch more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server India was amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our server India was amazing! She really made the night stress free. It was our first time and she explained everything and was very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotLeonaDined on 8/16/2014The service was the best I have experienced there. The food was very good as usual. The Sangria and the Pineapple Margarita were exceptional and the bar staff was as friendly as was our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with the oldsamellecookeDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I had dinner here for DC's 2014 Restaurant week as we do every year. The food, service, everything was phenomenal as always. My only gripe was, at least at the Reston location, they seem to have phased out some of the tried and true cheeses and chocolates! Luckily, I asked if they could still do the Wisconsin Trio and they had the ingredients for it but if you're looking for an old favorite when you go next, don't get your hopes too high. I'm sure the new additions are just as delicious but we're stuck in rut and like what we like. We were pleasantly surprised to find cubes of ahi tuna on our entree plates though which we've never seen before. Also for the first time they had a chicken dumpling instead of the usual ravoli.Special Features:
- GrossOkthatsfineDined on 8/15/2014Only the desert was good. The rest of the food was either expired or just poor in quality.
- Great Night at Melting PotCarJackDined on 8/15/2014Fabulous food, friendly service and sophisticated atmosphere all make this place a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot - Restontatertots83Dined on 8/15/2014The Melting Pot in Reston, VA was a date night delight. It was our first time visiting the restaurant franchise and we enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!NathaliaDined on 8/14/2014My boyfriend and I have been coming to this Melting Pot location for the past 3 years every year for our anniversary. We love this place and will definitely still continue to come every year for our special occasions.Special Features:
- Mmmmmmmmm!!MrsManagerDined on 8/14/2014Very fun experience, and the Melting Pot has fondue down to a perfect science! Portion size is huge, and incredibly delicious!!Special Features:
- ExperienceEmNTeeDined on 8/13/2014I went to the Melting Pot with my husband for my birthday, as we wanted to experience something new. We were newbies and we were greeted with a friendly server. The food was great and we had a really nice time. During the elaborate, 4 course meal we also had tried the cocktails and wine and we're genuinely pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They got cheaperKaylaVIPDined on 8/13/2014We go here about 6 times a year, for Restaurant week there was really no discount. I actually ordered the Surf and Turf which is $8 more than the Restaurant week special. The 4 courses they serve was really SAD. The chocolate foundue was super cheap they didnt give us enough of anything. I had another two friends at another table get the same treatment. TOO expensive for too Little Food.Special Features: