The Melting Pot - Reston
11730 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Reston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/reston/specials
- Phone: 7034351277
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00-11:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Executive Chef: Corey Randolph
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Reston
Fondue is a fun and interactive dining experience - and for more than three decades, The Melting Pot has defined the niche across the American dining scene. A visit to the sophisticated The Melting Pot introduces diners to the traditional and fun Swiss cooking style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
The Melting Pot - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (188)romantic (143)good for groups (105)fit for foodies (72)kid-friendly (34)notable wine list (33)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (14)great for lunch (10)hot spot (10)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent service, knowledgeable about recommendations, thoroughly enjoyed our dinner date and can't wait to return! Danny was our server and he was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/21/2014Dinner at The Melting Pot is a decadent affair, starting with a cheese course, then salads, then the main event, and last, the chocolate. We always get the Fiesta Cheese, which is cheese, beer, salsa, and jalapeños, all mixed to the perfect queso consistency. It comes with chips, cubes of bread, and apples and vegetables for dipping. The house salad is a good salad. The house dressing is a nice, sweet and tangy, honey-mustard dressing. Then we get the French Quarter. Chicken, Shrimp, and Sirloin cubes all rolled in cajun spices. And some Andouille sausage, too, along with some vegetables. Pick a nice chocolate for desert. Like, the S'mores chocolate. Yum.Special Features:
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The Melting Pot is a unique restaurant with a romantic atmosphere, great service, and excellent food. Good for a special occasion or just for a dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valerDined on 10/19/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. It was relaxing and a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the expirenceSpecialOcassionDinnerDined on 10/19/2014Our waiter was great! Very nice and checked up on us frequently but no too much. We did the ultimate romance package for my birthday and the waiter brought out a candle and decorated plate with "happy birthday" written on it. He changed the menu around a little bit for us so that we could get what we wanted and brought out any extras of the deserts that we wanted. Only complaint is the other waitress was very loud when serving the table behind us. And she stood there talking to them for 10 minutes. Then the man who was supposed to take our picture kept not showing up until the very end and then took a blurry picture. The food was very good tho and our waiter definitely made it a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time with friendsShioriDined on 10/19/2014We had 4 in our party and enjoyed a meal-experience together. Great food, our waitress was exceptional, fun time "cooking" and dipping our own food. Loved it!Special Features:
- Reeally enjoyed our timeGoodDined on 10/12/2014It was a wonderful experience. My husband (the guest of honor) was his first time. He really enjoyed our time here,Special Features:
- Simply Wonderfultricor17Dined on 10/12/2014It was only my second time at The Melting Pot. My husband took me there on our first date. Now, ten years later, I surprised him with our first date all over again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014we were celebrating our anniversary and this was our first time there. it was all we expected and more! only negative is a lot of restaurants we have been to at least acknowledge our celebration when we put it in the notes of our reservation. this place didn't say a thing unless we paid for the extras like a balloon or flowers or a picture for a hundred dollars. just would've been nice if they had acknowledged what we were celebratingSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerWillDined on 10/11/2014Very accommodating staff. They made something for us that wasn't on the menu. They also gave us a complimentary glass of champagne for our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceSouthernfoodieDined on 10/11/2014I have been a patron of the Melting Pot franchise for many years, including several visits to this particular restaurant. The food quality continues to be excellent, but for the first time I was markedly disappointed in the staff. The timeliness of service, accuracy of the order, and responsiveness were all sadly lacking. Though the manager came by and quickly addressed the shortcomings, the fact that it rose to his level was unacceptable. In fairness, it is possible the restaurant was understaffed for the evening, but I did not notice similar challenges at adjacent tables. I sincerely hope this was an aberration - time will tell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealDoubleDelsDined on 10/11/2014We recently celebrated our 40th anniversary at The Melting Pot. We selected it for the quality of food and service, and the unique dining experience. We were not disappointed. We chose the most popular items on the menu and they were delicious. Our server, Melody, could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Our one suggestion would be to kick the lighting up just a notch. As the evening progressed, our little booth got rather dim. It's nice to be romantic, but it's nice to see what you are eating as well. Overall it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Not a good value restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by long time client. We called in for a reservation and asked for 6-piece strawberry and "happy birthday" balloon favor, for party of 4. When we got there, there was a stuffed bear with box of 3 strawberries and a "congratulations" balloon. The hostess initially insisted that is what we must have ordered but we didn't and I didn't want to insist and ruin the fun. I asked if we could get 3 more strawberries and she came back with box of 6 do that was ok but she didn't change the balloon and the overall surprise was gone. I could have overlooked this to some extent but the quality of the meat was subpar and for what we paid, there is not excuse. The chocolate desert was good.
- Romantic date night placeFunCoupleDined on 10/5/2014The waiter Oscar was outstanding he was excellent It is a fun experience not an everyday thing but I had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Birthdays!Mhkitty06Dined on 10/3/2014Went there for my birthday. The staff was very enthusiastic and wished me HB several times. Meal was wonderful as always. My only minor gripe was that our server forgot 2 of the few requests we made for refills, very minor but annoying all the same. Still he was very nice and quite attentive otherwise. Love this place and will continue to come back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014It is a great place for friends to get together and have a lot of fun as well as great food. You are not rushed through. The wait staff was always right there for whatever your needs were.Special Features:
- Great experienceRuss0164Dined on 9/26/2014Have been to a few fondue restaurants in the past. The Melting Pot was to shelf in every way. Service was excellent and the food good and very filling. Ate too much desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Great service - friendly, detailed and attentive - pace was just right, allowing for just the right amount of talking during and between courses. Wish the seating was better - I am 5'4" and barely made it to the comfortable eating height and there isn't enough room for 2 ladies 100 lbs and 140 lbs each with their jackets on one bench so wish it was a little bit more spacious. But food was great, service was super and it is a fun place to go spend 2-3 hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday special treatsmlake05Dined on 9/22/2014Great place for that special birthday dinner with a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!LauraVDined on 9/21/2014Always a wonderful experience at The Melting Pot in Reston! We went for my son's 15th birthday and got the balloon package with chocolate covered strawberries. He was really surprised and our meal was wonderful as usual. We opted for cheese, salad, 2 individual entrees and chocolate for 4 which was still plenty of food for all of us and we weren't overly stuffed like in the past with the 4-course for 4 people! The server seemed a little irritated that we opted for 2 entrees and kept recommending "the big night out" despite a seafood allergy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is What it is; A classic.gScottDined on 9/21/2014You don't come here for the succulent perfectly cooked and seasoned rib-eye. They don't have the latest chef serving up fashionable foodie fare. What they do have is what they've always had: Friendly and quick service with a smile that keeps this social meal style going decades after it went out of style in the house. Expect a four course meal to take 2.5 hours and cost you about 65-75$ per person with drinks.Special Features:
- Melting Pot Reston, VAswandixieDined on 9/20/2014I choose the Melting Pot to celebrate my wife's birthday because it has become a tradition to go to a Melting Pot whether we were living in Orlando, FL, Cleveland, OH, Toledo, OH or Manassas, VA. I choose the Reston location because it was easier to get to which is saying something in the Washington, DC area. My wife and I really enjoy the intimate setting and the wide variety of menu options. This is not a restaurant for a quick bite to eat. This is a restaurant to enjoy and savor the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBluedancer42Dined on 9/14/2014It was my first time there,I had an amazing time. The whole dining experience was just perfect and amazing. It was so much fun! I think everyone should go and try this place out. Making a reservation on Open Table is super easy and quick! I love this website and will use it again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014It was my first visit to The Melting Pot in Reston and it was amazing! My friends and I had an incredible time. We have now declared this the official girl's night out/birthday spot! Great ambiance, service, & food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewerDined on 9/13/2014Definitely a change of pace from the usually restaurants, but the lighting is poor. Fun dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIME!!!MugsDined on 9/13/2014Me and my wife haven't been to The Melting Pot in a long time due to having a child but even with the new changes to certain parts of the menu and the restaurant its still a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with some disappointmentsSP09Dined on 9/12/2014The best part of the dinner was the cheese and the dessert fondue. The main course was disappointing. For the amount of food that you get, and the amount that you pay for it, there are much better deals out there. The quality of the food was also a little disappointing. My husband and I were at least expecting more flavorful meats for what we were paying, or at least more than what was given to us. The server and the trainee were great. We didn't have any problems there. The noise level was very loud especially for the time of night (reservation was at 9:15). It was difficult to hear what my husband was saying from across the table.Special Features:
- The Melting Pot RestonstewartdsVIPDined on 9/12/2014Service was amazing, and really enjoyed myself. I will be coming back to this location, since I had a bad experience at the Arlington location.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!PjtrivitaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Celebrated 2 birthdays and had a fabulous time! Service was amazing, food was fabulous and we had a great time! Thanks!Special Features:
- Love It!twix66Dined on 9/8/2014The Melting Pot is one of my favorite places to eat. Living on a fixed income, however, it is not a place I can afford to dine at outside of special occasions. I would highly recommend it to friends and family. The food is always outstanding, and the service is spectacular! Birthdays are always a treat in my family, as we tend to celebrate there. Keep up the excellent work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiance, food, and service!mronedrfullDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I had one of our first dates here years ago and we went back for wedding anniversary this year. The experience was just as great as our first time. Food was delicious and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just dinner - an event!SesaseedsDined on 9/5/2014My daughter chose The Melting Pot for her 13th b'day party with two friends, her aunt, and me - a girl's night out. It lasted 3+ hrs. Our table had two pots, so we got two kinds of cheese, cooking broth, and chocolate. We had to decide which we would select, and throughout the extended meal, which never felt too long, we marvelled at how interactive an experience it was. The food was all high quality. (My husband was even delighted with the excellent quality of his leftovers meal the next day!). Our server, Lindsay, was simply the best I've ever encountered; she added to our perfect evening. My daughter declared this her new birthday tradition! A caveat: you'll pay a lot, but you won't feel at all overcharged - it's truly worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014We were pleased when we got a late reservation confirmed (wow - great luck). We were pleased when we asked for larger table and they accommodated us. Unfortunately the service was not very good. Both wines we asked for were out (no problem - we are flexible). We ran out of cheese fondu when about 1/3 of our snacks were eaten, so 2/3's of our bread, veggies, and fruit were whisked away. Our service was below the service we received in the Arlington Melting Pot less than 2 months before this dinner. It was so-so.Special Features:
- Great experienceSquireJoeDined on 8/30/2014I had been to other Melting Pots, before. It was my Girlfriends first time. We both had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy as alwayskgoldenhDined on 8/29/2014prices have stayed the same over the years more or less but the portions have gotten smaller. Not something for dinner often due to cost but for special occasions it is a nice place. It used to be a romantic spot but the new Reston location was filled with kids.Special Features:
- Special Occasion dinnerLuigiDined on 8/28/2014Reservation was noted at arrival even when I had changed it to an earlier time less than 45 minutes before. Table was prepped and ready for us, including the additional setup noted at reservation. Hostess and staff were courteous and made the evening great for the special night. Everything went well for the 4 course dinner and of course, dessert was the BEST... Couldn't have asked for a better night out at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change is GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014I've been dining at the melting pot since '08 and things have changed. There is no more "Big Night Out" menu. Instead it's priced per person, however you still have to agree on the Cheese, Cooking Style and Chocolate if you did the four courses. The Love Martini is my absolute favorite! Everything was wonderful and the server we had was fantastic as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!Love2fondueDined on 8/23/2014Would definitely recommend the melting pot for a romantic and fun dinner date. They were attentive and impressed us with their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dates and businessDonnaPDined on 8/23/2014I have gone to the Melting Pot for both date night and business and highly recommend it! The staff is very accommodating to all your needs and making certain your evening is one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food!TheCetinsDined on 8/23/2014As always, food was excellent...bring back the baby red potatoes and cheesecake though. The only issue was we had was the potatoes, if you get yellow/gold potatoes, cut them smaller than what the prep cook does because they won't cook. We had ours in the pot for 45 minutes and they never cooked fully. Shame. But still a fab date place for me and the hubby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.