The Melting Pot - Reston
11730 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Reston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/reston/specials
- Phone: 7034351277
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00-11:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Executive Chef: Corey Randolph
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Reston
Fondue is a fun and interactive dining experience - and for more than three decades, The Melting Pot has defined the niche across the American dining scene. A visit to the sophisticated The Melting Pot introduces diners to the traditional and fun Swiss cooking style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
The Melting Pot - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (197)romantic (139)good for groups (117)fit for foodies (58)kid-friendly (39)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (13)great for lunch (13)hot spot (12)great for brunch (9)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Change is GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014I've been dining at the melting pot since '08 and things have changed. There is no more "Big Night Out" menu. Instead it's priced per person, however you still have to agree on the Cheese, Cooking Style and Chocolate if you did the four courses. The Love Martini is my absolute favorite! Everything was wonderful and the server we had was fantastic as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!Love2fondueDined on 8/23/2014Would definitely recommend the melting pot for a romantic and fun dinner date. They were attentive and impressed us with their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dates and businessDonnaPDined on 8/23/2014I have gone to the Melting Pot for both date night and business and highly recommend it! The staff is very accommodating to all your needs and making certain your evening is one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food!TheCetinsDined on 8/23/2014As always, food was excellent...bring back the baby red potatoes and cheesecake though. The only issue was we had was the potatoes, if you get yellow/gold potatoes, cut them smaller than what the prep cook does because they won't cook. We had ours in the pot for 45 minutes and they never cooked fully. Shame. But still a fab date place for me and the hubby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great end to restaurant weekAmcbentooDined on 8/17/2014We are not new to the melting pot and enjoyed a special evening out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what I rememberedRachelTzDined on 8/17/2014This was my first time dining at the Reston location. We went for restaurant week and got the special entree selection. Fairly good quality, but nothing wow'd me. The waitstaff wasn't very attentive. After the waiter spilled ice water on us, we had to ask for more napkins three times. Overall nothing all that special and I won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The waiter gave great recommendations and was always on time when we needed refills on drinks, dippers, etc. Even when someone in my party accidentally spilled their drink, he did not make her feel embarrassed and even got her another drink at no charge! Even though it was restaurant week, he was still very attentive. Truly a unique experience with great food and service! I'll be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDiningDebDined on 8/17/2014The Melting Pot is always a great choice for getting together with friends. Food is good and the atmosphere is fun.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchMadisonDined on 8/17/2014The food was great. The waitress went out of her way to take care of us. The prices were quoted wrong, but the manager took care of it. The only issue I had was towards the end with the chocolate. It took a very long time for the chocolate to heat up, and when we told the waitress she stirred it with a spoon and stuck her hand in it. We both thought that was a little strange and unpleasant. Aside from that, the meal was good, and they should be open for lunch more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server India was amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our server India was amazing! She really made the night stress free. It was our first time and she explained everything and was very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotLeonaDined on 8/16/2014The service was the best I have experienced there. The food was very good as usual. The Sangria and the Pineapple Margarita were exceptional and the bar staff was as friendly as was our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with the oldsamellecookeDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I had dinner here for DC's 2014 Restaurant week as we do every year. The food, service, everything was phenomenal as always. My only gripe was, at least at the Reston location, they seem to have phased out some of the tried and true cheeses and chocolates! Luckily, I asked if they could still do the Wisconsin Trio and they had the ingredients for it but if you're looking for an old favorite when you go next, don't get your hopes too high. I'm sure the new additions are just as delicious but we're stuck in rut and like what we like. We were pleasantly surprised to find cubes of ahi tuna on our entree plates though which we've never seen before. Also for the first time they had a chicken dumpling instead of the usual ravoli.Special Features:
- GrossOkthatsfineDined on 8/15/2014Only the desert was good. The rest of the food was either expired or just poor in quality.
- Great Night at Melting PotCarJackDined on 8/15/2014Fabulous food, friendly service and sophisticated atmosphere all make this place a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot - Restontatertots83Dined on 8/15/2014The Melting Pot in Reston, VA was a date night delight. It was our first time visiting the restaurant franchise and we enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!NathaliaDined on 8/14/2014My boyfriend and I have been coming to this Melting Pot location for the past 3 years every year for our anniversary. We love this place and will definitely still continue to come every year for our special occasions.Special Features:
- Mmmmmmmmm!!MrsManagerDined on 8/14/2014Very fun experience, and the Melting Pot has fondue down to a perfect science! Portion size is huge, and incredibly delicious!!Special Features:
- ExperienceEmNTeeDined on 8/13/2014I went to the Melting Pot with my husband for my birthday, as we wanted to experience something new. We were newbies and we were greeted with a friendly server. The food was great and we had a really nice time. During the elaborate, 4 course meal we also had tried the cocktails and wine and we're genuinely pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They got cheaperKaylaVIPDined on 8/13/2014We go here about 6 times a year, for Restaurant week there was really no discount. I actually ordered the Surf and Turf which is $8 more than the Restaurant week special. The 4 courses they serve was really SAD. The chocolate foundue was super cheap they didnt give us enough of anything. I had another two friends at another table get the same treatment. TOO expensive for too Little Food.Special Features:
- FOOD_LUVRGwenDined on 8/13/2014Really enjoyed the Melting Pot Reston. They were very accommodating and was able to seat us quickly even though we were 30 minutes late for our reservation. We really enjoyed the cheese and chocolate and will definitely be coming backSpecial Features:
- Fun night with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014I went here with a couple of my girl friends for their Ladies Night Out special and we were not disappointed.For $27 each we got more food than we could handle. It was easy to talk with each other and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot reviewDancemom1Dined on 8/12/2014Had a wonderful dining experience. The food, company, service and ambience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More fondue please!InMyOpinionDined on 8/11/2014My reservation and was expeditiously seated in a very comfortable booth...consider taking a sweater, it was really cool. The server was Beth and she was awesome and so very friendly. Beth kept the directions, food explanations and food presentations at a steady pace. This was my first visit to The Melting Pot - Reston Should have went sooner. Food portions are very decent. Coq Au Vin cooking style is awesome! The Pure Chocolate (Milk Chocolate) fondue will satisfy any chocolate feind you don't admit exists! Awwwww!Special Features:
- Fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We went with our 12-year-old daughter. Food was good --- not great -- but it was a fun evening. Chocolate course was pretty heavy and probably could have been shared. I wouldn't go here often -- it's more of a special occasion thing -- but we had a good time.Special Features:
- Nothing greatRickEDined on 8/9/2014Expensive seeing you are cooking all your own food and they fill you up on bread and cheese fondue before the actual meal comes. I made the reservations through OpenTable and had the option of adding 3 roses, a balloon and a framed photo to the meal for $25. I assume they would have taken our picture before dinner. I don't know. Even though I paid for it, because it was my wife's 40th Bday, there was no balloon or photo/frame. There were roses at the table. The food is mediocre at best. Won't be going there again.Special Features:
- RookieRookieDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had never eaten here before. We had a blast. The experience was different than any other restaurant we had been to. It was kind of like driving a stick shift. We had more control over our dinner than normal. Most restaurants are " automatic" and the Melting Pot lets you change gears and eat/cook at your own pace. Awesome!,Special Features:
- What's not to like ...BadgerlandDined on 8/8/2014Well, maybe the price - but it's worth it. We've made a tradition of our Anniversary dinner being here. The Servers go above & beyond to ensure a great night. The manager always comes by as well. We enjoy the choices provided in the price fixe 4 course dinner. Since the WI trio has left the cheese menu :-(, go for the New Orleans. For the entree - we opted for mojo style & took advantage of the exchange ability - substitute more steak and no chicken for example. Dessert - save room if you can -- you do not want to miss any of this. Suggest reserving for early times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ambience special eventZBnATCDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I felt like we were special people as soon as we walked in. The server explained clearly how the fondue system would operate for all courses of the four course meal. Since this was our thirty-fifth anniversary the management treated us to a bottle of wine, two glasses of champagne, and a digital photo. Thank you to The Melting Pot for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DayRNDined on 8/2/2014The experience overall was very good. I reserved on open table and selected the package which came with roses, because it was my wedding anniversary. However, when we got there we were told that this had to be booked in advance. I was a little disappointed. Then manger was very nice came out to talk to us, so that was appreciated. Over all great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014The Melting Pot is a fantastic spot for a long dinner with friends to catch up or a romantic dinner with a significant other. I always recommend it because the food and service are always fantastic, a rare find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomepeglegninjaDined on 8/2/2014Great food and ambiance. Tables can be a little small or awkward for a pair. Delicious food, and awesome staff and service.Special Features:
- Just get the cheese and chocolateKateDined on 8/1/2014The entree was now where near as amazing as the cheese fondue (cheddar) and the milk chocolate dessert fondue, wish we had only gotten the two courses and left out the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot is great for groupsswillDined on 7/31/2014Fondue is a great food for groups and special occasions. It's fun to eat, provides variety, and gives you time for conversation. Melting Pot does it all well.Special Features:
- AmazingIluhvfewdDined on 7/26/2014The food and the service was wonderful. Although it was a little pricey, it was worth it. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends going out on dates or for any special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for social dinners but priceyDaleDined on 7/23/2014The Melting Pot is a good special event place, especially when you want to encourage socializing with the people you are dining with. The food tastes good, but it is not nearly up to the quality you'd want for the price you pay. It is basically the fondue version of a Japanese hibachi/steak house. The reason to go and pay so much is more for the experience than for the food, especially if you are going for the full multi-course meal. Going just for the chocolate fondue dessert is a much better option for your money, because while boiled meats and vegetables aren't anything spectacular, dipping various dessert items in melted chocolate definitely is. Tip: for the classic Swiss fondue, ask what else they can use instead of wine.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerDCRocksDined on 7/21/2014Had a great time for my wife's birthday. The cheesecake with candle was an added bonus. Our 6 year old son joined us for the first time and he did well with chicken/salmon from the kids menu. Chicken potstickers aren't something I'd get again but the chicken and meat were very good as was the shrimp. The Caesar salad is excellent. The dessert was excellent as usual. The service was excellent. It was an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014loads of fun foods, cheese, chocolate! Good for those who have special dining needs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatLostyDined on 7/14/2014The server was knowledgeable and very friendly. I wasn't a stranger to Melting Pot, but the newer version (no Big Night, different restaurant decor) was new to me, but everything was explained. The drinks were made well, and the food as always was cooked to perfection (:D). The server even recommended his favorite off the menu dessert which we tried (cookies and cream) which was amazing!Special Features:
- Fun time!JenbelleDined on 7/12/2014We visited there for the first time this weekend. My husband and I really enjoyed the whole experience, but especially the cheese and chocolate fondues! What a fun thing to do!Special Features:
- Great experienceluvmywifeDined on 7/11/2014Food was prepared very well, service was friendly and not overbearing, portions were large and delicious, a very fun experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.