The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie
2001 South Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/poughkeepsie/specials
- Phone: (845) 632-6171
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering options are available.
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dinning booths for parties looking a nice romantic evening. Request one or our famous Lover's Lane Booths. We can also accommodate parties up to 35 in our party room.
- Entertainment: Join our Club Fondue to keep up to date with our special events and many promotions.
A word from The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie
Welcome to the Melting Pot Restaurant of Poughkeepsie NY. We invite you to indulge in an interactive authentic fondue dining experience. We provide many private dining options for parties of all sizes, including our famous lover’s lane romantic booths for two. You can also bring the whole family to experience the Fondue Effect. Join us for the perfect night out whatever the occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie - Best Restaurants in Poughkeepsie ›
The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (23)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fun with friendsEatumupDined on 11/15/2014Went to the melting pot with friends that had never had fondu besides cheese and chocolate. It was a nice surprise for them as they loved the different choices of foods. Had a nice bottle of wine and relaxed with friends. Great experience will return in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing AnniversaryAndyDined on 11/13/2014Went there for me and my girlfriend's 2 year anniversary for dinner two days ago. It was both of our first time going there, so we didn't know what to expect. It couldn't have been a better pick. Everyone, no matter if it was the server, bartender or the bus boy, treated us with a great attitude and awesome service. The food was delicious, and the cooking our own food part was especially cool. They even had alcoholic beverages and champagne that I actually liked too (not really a big fan of the taste of most alcoholic beverages). A little outside of our price range, but definitely a most do experience at least once. Highly recommended. Good job guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally great, they failed tonightFondueGuyDined on 11/7/2014We go to this location a lot, ordinary they are great unfortunately tonight they failed. The waitress was new and didn't have enough training... She kept trying to rush us to the next course but then failed to deliver anything to our table on time. She delivered the cheese fondue but forgot ingredients and then returned with the salads. She delivered our dinner before we had even started our salads. And while eating dinner asked us to choose our dessert. The dessert she forgot to turn on and then never came back. She was nice but the experience was not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodEasyeatDined on 11/7/2014The atmosphere was great. I liked how you make it yourself. Our waitress did take awhile to bring out the food but would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinneremtdrnDined on 11/1/2014My sister and I helped my wife celebrate her birthday. We've been to this restaurant before and as with previous visits, the experience was wonderful. Our waited was very nice and very helpful. The food and drink were delicious.Special Features:
- At the MallJimmytheHoffDined on 10/30/2014We have been to several Melting Pots across the country - this one is average. Service was very nice, the resturant was generally clean, but the service was exceptionally slow; we waited 20 minutes for the main course to arrive. Our entrees tasted a bit old, like they were prepped several hours earlier; same with salad. However, our waiter was exceptionally friendly. I think that stand alone resturants are better - we Googled this one an drove 45 minutes not realizing it was at the mall. Still - we love the Melting Pot and we'll go back to this one as it is the closest to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, desert great, bit pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Good food recommend you don't go hungry and recommend doing only the starter with the cheese and desert or only desert. Otherwise could get expensive Desert was awesome. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of the swiss cheese fondueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was our 4th time at the Poughkeepsie Melting Pot, we took our kids this time, and they loved it too. Definitely get dessert, they bring out endless amounts of fruit and treats to dip, all for one price. Our server Ashley was friendly and helpful, definitely ask for her. One negative, beware of anyone near you ordering the Swiss cheese fondue, the smell is not pleasant....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lynsterDined on 10/19/2014Love the cheese the most. Fun dining experience. Food is always great. Drinks greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceFondueLoverDined on 10/13/2014My boyfriend and I went to The Melting Pot for a special night out and it was amazing. I had never been before and I was very impressed. The wine list had a large variety, many of which I had never tried, and the food was outstanding. We got the 4 course dinner and every part of it was delicious. The atmosphere was private and romantic, and the servers were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- Noise and plenty of roomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Everything was great.Our only complaint is we were seated next to a large very very noisy group . ....we were one of 3 tables in use no reason for us to be so closeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKlamDined on 10/5/2014Our server last night was nice but she didn't write anything down, she brought us the wrong cheese then kept asking us if everything was right and if we had the right food. She should've just written out order down in the first place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Planning a special occasionFonduefixDined on 10/5/2014Melting Pot is the place to go. Fondue dining a different twist for lunch or dinner. Even for drinks and dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to eatPeteDined on 9/27/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants because in addition to the good food it's a place that you can take your time and have good conversation with your friends. The food portions were good but the service this time was slower than usual possibly due to having a waiter in training shadowing our waiter. Still a great place to eat.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Fantastic staff and food. The experience was great and I highly recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst dining experience in my lifetpenniDined on 9/26/2014The melting pot is a restaurant for people who have a lot of time on their hands and aren't really hungry.The atmosphere was cool, but the portions of food are tiny, overpriced and raw. You have to wait forever to get your food and cook it yourself, the idea behind that is insane and ridiculous. The service was terrible. Our waitress forgot something every time she came to the table. Lastly the food is just overpriced considering the portions you get and the fact that you have to cook it yourself. I went here to celebrate my anniversary and will never come back again. The only positive thing I have to say is the manager was a delight and he tried his best to make our experience better. Kudos to him but two thumbs down for the melting pot.Special Features:
- The following 154 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie reviews archive.
- A fun and tasty dining experienceMarshMountaineersDined on 7/9/20143 of us opted for the "Lobster-Fest" special. Appetizer was good (shrimp cocktail, with a nice peppery sauce), but at only 2-shrimp each, a bit skimpy. My watermelon salad was great. Main course was lobster, beef, etc. All good, and very filling. Dessert was chocolate fondue - how could that ever be bad?. The only drawback was the hot oil for my son's meal... the temp. of oil and suggested cook-time for beef in oil did not work, it took 2-3 pieces of beef (ended up burnt and un-edible when we used the 2-minute cook-time). Not really a big deal, but still something that they may need to fine-tune. Once we reduced time to 30-45 seconds, beef was exactly as it should be, medium rare.Special Features:
- A fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014As always we had a wonderful experience at Melting Pot. The staff is always friendly and helpful and attentive. This recent visit or server was Joe and he was excellent. And, Jeremy stopped by from time to time to check on us. We always enjoy the Melting Pot and look forward to all our visits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Great meal with friends. Slow ambiance but just right for pace of fondue. We had cheese, split the 3-choice entree, with chocolate fondue dessert: just right. Our other couple had similar, and we shared: just right. We have been here 4 times. Always very good.Special Features:
- AbandonedDisappointedDined on 5/17/2014We were hardly checked on and the fondue was watery. The salad didn't have dressing on it and I had to wait 25 minutes before I was given any. I told the hostess, waitress, manager, and left a message with my reservation that it was my daughter's birthday, and they didn't even say "Happy Birthday" to her. Maybe they don't do that there, but they should.
- Wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My family and I attended The Melting Pot to celebrate my college graduation. Everything was perfect. Our waiter was friendly and very helpful. The food was out of this world. We did the four course experience ans each course was yummy. The resturant is clean.Special Features:
- Special Night for FonduesdurlandDined on 5/16/2014We cook fondue often at our house, always with oil. What a treat to cook your food with broth variations! We were celebrating our 33rd anniversary and know that fondue elongates your dining experience. The cheese fondue was made right at our table and was excellent. Especially with the variation of things to dip into it ... crusty bread, nachos, vegetables & apple pieces! The we got to pick 3 proteins, out of a large selection. I choose filet mignon, shrimp, and Ahi Tuna. My wife had rib eye, shrimp, and chicken. it was cooked in their Mojo broth ... very good! The server was exceptional. And the head waiter brought us a glass of champagne with a sliced strawberry, on the house, for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Always a fun timePeteDined on 5/15/2014The Melting Pot is our family's favorite place to celebrate a special occasion or get together with close friends. It is a slow-paced fun way to have dinner. Food is always great and wrapping it up with chocolate fondue is always a treat.Special Features:
- Poor serviceFonduecoupleDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I have been to this Melting Pot a few times, and have always enjoyed ourselves. However, this last visit was very disappointing. The service was incredibly slow, and our server seemed to disappear. After eating our entree we waited at least 45 minutes before we waved down a different server because ours never came back. We wanted dessert, but by that time we had to leave and were very frustrated. Come to find out our server was the manager and he had sent someone else with our check instead of coming himself to apologize about the wait. That was very poor taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its Fon To Due!BKreative21Dined on 5/10/2014I took my girlfriend for dinner and it was delicious, fun and extremely social. It was our first fondue experience but the server was happy to teach us the ropes. We ordered the Quattro Formaggio cheese fondue and could not stop eating it. We even asked the server to leave it on the table for our entrees and tried dipping steak and shrimp, we are extreme cheese lovers but I feel like everyone should try this. We were way too full to have the chocolate fondue and instead took a few chocolate covered strawberries to go. It was a little pricey but definitely worth it, especially if you have never tried fondue before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience.JroffDined on 5/3/2014The melting pot is one of the most unique, romantic, kid friendly resturaunts out there. For a relatively cheap price, we all received an amazing meal, served by the nicest of caterers. This is an ideal spot for a birthday, anniversary, group, or any time you're looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Server!NikkiDined on 4/27/2014The food was good. The atmosphere was nice. But our server was PHENOMENAL!!! Megan did an outstanding job explaining the process to us and answering all of our questions along the way. She was attentive but not overbearing or pushy. We went there for my mom's birthday and even thoigh we didn't explicitly tell her that, she was clearly paying attention and brought out a little plate of dippers with a candle when our chocolate came. It was so thoughtful and sweet!! I'd go back just because of her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Our waitress was great. We had fun and laughed tge night away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original, but too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014It's an original meal since you can't find fondue restaurants easily, but it's a little too expensive. It's a good concept to share with friends, but I am not sure if you can seat lots of people together cause the tables have heaters for the pots. We were sat in a booth for six, and didn't see non fixed tables around.Special Features:
- Family friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/12/2014You kind of know what you are going to get here. It is good family fun with fondue. Service is fine and the food they prepare was good quality. It might not be what you are looking for every week but you will enjoy your visit and there is nothing really to complain about.Special Features:
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014It was a great experience! We both had a lot of fun. We can't wait to go back, especially for a double date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGmanDined on 4/5/2014My wife enjoyed it very much. Out waiter was great and very proffesionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much funginaDined on 4/4/2014I went with my mom for a her birthday. We didn't know what to expect but we were up for an adventure. The waitress was extremely helpful with all of our choices. The food was so fresh and delicious. The process to "fondue" was so much fun and so easy. We came from a full day of walking and were so hungry -- I thought it was going to be a long wait for our food to cook and a bit of a tedious process -- it wasn't anything like that. It took 2 minutes for the meat to cook (we didn't have to hold it the whole time) and we were eating the veggies while we waited. Also all the dipping sauces were so much fun to try. We had gotten salads and I didn't expect them to be quite so good -- We are already planning on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue!crom1225Dined on 3/28/2014I love this cooking style. It takes a while to get through 4 courses, so plan on at least 2 hours. Our server Ashley was great. The kitchen gave her the wrong entrée dish insisting it was ours, but she got it corrected quick. Because you cook your food, it's always hot. I got the Fondue Delight. The filet was great, very tender, and I loved having options. They give you 3-5 big chunks of each protein, which might not sound like a lot but it is... I promise. The amount of food throughout the 4 courses was plentiful. I can't see how anyone could leave there NOT stuffed to the gills. I went with someone who's a bottomless pit and he was satiated. I was way past that point with the entrée, but who can't find the room for dessert?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!zmanmom2004Dined on 3/22/2014The food and service are excellent. It is a bit pricey though and a full meal is entirely too much food. I would reccomend dpi g cheese fondue ans dessert instead.Special Features:
- Once was enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We had a groupon and someone to watch the kids, so we decided to try something new for a date night. The atmosphere was nice and the booths were very private. We decided to splurge and order a cheese instead of sticking strictly to the groupon deal. Although it was okay tasting, it was so small. Ridiculously tiny for what we were charged. The waitress also took it away before we were finished. We felt a little rushed. Our entrees came, and once again for two people we got four little potato wedges, a couple of broccoli, and a couple of mushrooms. The meat was okay nothing spectacular. All in all, it was a different experience, but not worth it to repeat. Way too overpriced and I could get better food elsewhere.Special Features:
- great fondue!GoodFoodGalDined on 3/15/2014Was delicious and a great deal with the 4 course menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out-of-the-box dining, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014The restaurant has nice ambiance and the wait staff was friendly but the area is not the best. It's nice for a special occasion or a romantic dinner but it's a bit expensive for a regular restaurant of choice. Fondue is a fun experience, though not the most kid-friendly environment.Special Features:
- Great service.x671Dined on 3/11/2014My girlfriend and I received great service on our recent visit (2nd overall). Great ambiance and food. Highly recommend the rubbed angus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fabulous!ParisDined on 2/22/2014We had excellent service and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.