The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie
2001 South Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/poughkeepsie/specials
- Phone: 8456326171
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering options are available.
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dinning booths for parties looking a nice romantic evening. Request one or our famous Lover's Lane Booths. We can also accommodate parties up to 35 in our party room.
- Entertainment: Join our Club Fondue to keep up to date with our special events and many promotions.
A word from The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie
Welcome to the Melting Pot Restaurant of Poughkeepsie NY. We invite you to indulge in an interactive authentic fondue dining experience. We provide many private dining options for parties of all sizes, including our famous lover’s lane romantic booths for two. You can also bring the whole family to experience the Fondue Effect. Join us for the perfect night out whatever the occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie - Best Restaurants in Poughkeepsie ›
The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)good for groups (9)romantic (7)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- A fun and tasty dining experienceMarshMountaineersDined on 7/9/20143 of us opted for the "Lobster-Fest" special. Appetizer was good (shrimp cocktail, with a nice peppery sauce), but at only 2-shrimp each, a bit skimpy. My watermelon salad was great. Main course was lobster, beef, etc. All good, and very filling. Dessert was chocolate fondue - how could that ever be bad?. The only drawback was the hot oil for my son's meal... the temp. of oil and suggested cook-time for beef in oil did not work, it took 2-3 pieces of beef (ended up burnt and un-edible when we used the 2-minute cook-time). Not really a big deal, but still something that they may need to fine-tune. Once we reduced time to 30-45 seconds, beef was exactly as it should be, medium rare.Special Features:
- A fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014As always we had a wonderful experience at Melting Pot. The staff is always friendly and helpful and attentive. This recent visit or server was Joe and he was excellent. And, Jeremy stopped by from time to time to check on us. We always enjoy the Melting Pot and look forward to all our visits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Great meal with friends. Slow ambiance but just right for pace of fondue. We had cheese, split the 3-choice entree, with chocolate fondue dessert: just right. Our other couple had similar, and we shared: just right. We have been here 4 times. Always very good.Special Features:
- The following 150 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Poughkeepsie reviews archive.
- AbandonedDisappointedDined on 5/17/2014We were hardly checked on and the fondue was watery. The salad didn't have dressing on it and I had to wait 25 minutes before I was given any. I told the hostess, waitress, manager, and left a message with my reservation that it was my daughter's birthday, and they didn't even say "Happy Birthday" to her. Maybe they don't do that there, but they should.
- Wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My family and I attended The Melting Pot to celebrate my college graduation. Everything was perfect. Our waiter was friendly and very helpful. The food was out of this world. We did the four course experience ans each course was yummy. The resturant is clean.Special Features:
- Special Night for FonduesdurlandDined on 5/16/2014We cook fondue often at our house, always with oil. What a treat to cook your food with broth variations! We were celebrating our 33rd anniversary and know that fondue elongates your dining experience. The cheese fondue was made right at our table and was excellent. Especially with the variation of things to dip into it ... crusty bread, nachos, vegetables & apple pieces! The we got to pick 3 proteins, out of a large selection. I choose filet mignon, shrimp, and Ahi Tuna. My wife had rib eye, shrimp, and chicken. it was cooked in their Mojo broth ... very good! The server was exceptional. And the head waiter brought us a glass of champagne with a sliced strawberry, on the house, for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Always a fun timePeteDined on 5/15/2014The Melting Pot is our family's favorite place to celebrate a special occasion or get together with close friends. It is a slow-paced fun way to have dinner. Food is always great and wrapping it up with chocolate fondue is always a treat.Special Features:
- Poor serviceFonduecoupleDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I have been to this Melting Pot a few times, and have always enjoyed ourselves. However, this last visit was very disappointing. The service was incredibly slow, and our server seemed to disappear. After eating our entree we waited at least 45 minutes before we waved down a different server because ours never came back. We wanted dessert, but by that time we had to leave and were very frustrated. Come to find out our server was the manager and he had sent someone else with our check instead of coming himself to apologize about the wait. That was very poor taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its Fon To Due!BKreative21Dined on 5/10/2014I took my girlfriend for dinner and it was delicious, fun and extremely social. It was our first fondue experience but the server was happy to teach us the ropes. We ordered the Quattro Formaggio cheese fondue and could not stop eating it. We even asked the server to leave it on the table for our entrees and tried dipping steak and shrimp, we are extreme cheese lovers but I feel like everyone should try this. We were way too full to have the chocolate fondue and instead took a few chocolate covered strawberries to go. It was a little pricey but definitely worth it, especially if you have never tried fondue before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience.JroffDined on 5/3/2014The melting pot is one of the most unique, romantic, kid friendly resturaunts out there. For a relatively cheap price, we all received an amazing meal, served by the nicest of caterers. This is an ideal spot for a birthday, anniversary, group, or any time you're looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Server!NikkiDined on 4/27/2014The food was good. The atmosphere was nice. But our server was PHENOMENAL!!! Megan did an outstanding job explaining the process to us and answering all of our questions along the way. She was attentive but not overbearing or pushy. We went there for my mom's birthday and even thoigh we didn't explicitly tell her that, she was clearly paying attention and brought out a little plate of dippers with a candle when our chocolate came. It was so thoughtful and sweet!! I'd go back just because of her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Our waitress was great. We had fun and laughed tge night away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original, but too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014It's an original meal since you can't find fondue restaurants easily, but it's a little too expensive. It's a good concept to share with friends, but I am not sure if you can seat lots of people together cause the tables have heaters for the pots. We were sat in a booth for six, and didn't see non fixed tables around.Special Features:
- Family friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/12/2014You kind of know what you are going to get here. It is good family fun with fondue. Service is fine and the food they prepare was good quality. It might not be what you are looking for every week but you will enjoy your visit and there is nothing really to complain about.Special Features:
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014It was a great experience! We both had a lot of fun. We can't wait to go back, especially for a double date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGmanDined on 4/5/2014My wife enjoyed it very much. Out waiter was great and very proffesionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much funginaDined on 4/4/2014I went with my mom for a her birthday. We didn't know what to expect but we were up for an adventure. The waitress was extremely helpful with all of our choices. The food was so fresh and delicious. The process to "fondue" was so much fun and so easy. We came from a full day of walking and were so hungry -- I thought it was going to be a long wait for our food to cook and a bit of a tedious process -- it wasn't anything like that. It took 2 minutes for the meat to cook (we didn't have to hold it the whole time) and we were eating the veggies while we waited. Also all the dipping sauces were so much fun to try. We had gotten salads and I didn't expect them to be quite so good -- We are already planning on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue!crom1225Dined on 3/28/2014I love this cooking style. It takes a while to get through 4 courses, so plan on at least 2 hours. Our server Ashley was great. The kitchen gave her the wrong entrée dish insisting it was ours, but she got it corrected quick. Because you cook your food, it's always hot. I got the Fondue Delight. The filet was great, very tender, and I loved having options. They give you 3-5 big chunks of each protein, which might not sound like a lot but it is... I promise. The amount of food throughout the 4 courses was plentiful. I can't see how anyone could leave there NOT stuffed to the gills. I went with someone who's a bottomless pit and he was satiated. I was way past that point with the entrée, but who can't find the room for dessert?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!zmanmom2004Dined on 3/22/2014The food and service are excellent. It is a bit pricey though and a full meal is entirely too much food. I would reccomend dpi g cheese fondue ans dessert instead.Special Features:
- Once was enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We had a groupon and someone to watch the kids, so we decided to try something new for a date night. The atmosphere was nice and the booths were very private. We decided to splurge and order a cheese instead of sticking strictly to the groupon deal. Although it was okay tasting, it was so small. Ridiculously tiny for what we were charged. The waitress also took it away before we were finished. We felt a little rushed. Our entrees came, and once again for two people we got four little potato wedges, a couple of broccoli, and a couple of mushrooms. The meat was okay nothing spectacular. All in all, it was a different experience, but not worth it to repeat. Way too overpriced and I could get better food elsewhere.Special Features:
- great fondue!GoodFoodGalDined on 3/15/2014Was delicious and a great deal with the 4 course menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out-of-the-box dining, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014The restaurant has nice ambiance and the wait staff was friendly but the area is not the best. It's nice for a special occasion or a romantic dinner but it's a bit expensive for a regular restaurant of choice. Fondue is a fun experience, though not the most kid-friendly environment.Special Features:
- Great service.x671Dined on 3/11/2014My girlfriend and I received great service on our recent visit (2nd overall). Great ambiance and food. Highly recommend the rubbed angus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fabulous!ParisDined on 2/22/2014We had excellent service and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timePonceDined on 2/21/2014Our server Crystal was excellent and the manager Jeremy made our Anniversary a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first experienceKitKatDined on 2/16/2014It was our first experience dining there and we had such a good time choosing the dipping sauces and food and esp. desserts. Very impressed with the waitress doing all the work at the table and explaining the whole concept of the meal. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentinesLovemeltingDined on 2/14/2014We have been to the restaurant before and didn't know about the limited menu on valentines. We did not really like not having choices since the three choices were pretty much the same and a lot more expensive Than what we would have chose. We also had a 'gift card' that we were not allowed to use because it was a holiday... We really didn't appreciate that since that was one of the reasons we decided to go that day. The service was great and the food was great as well overall that was my most inconvenient experience. I will not make the mistake of visiting the restaurant on a holiday again so I can use the coupons you give out while we are there. I will go somewhere else on holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day was a night mareNotimpressedDined on 2/14/2014Had a 9:00 pm reservation didn't get seated till about 10. Then we get to are table and the rose option I asked for had wilted roses. That's not all! We where then trying to order dinner and they where out of everything exept one course so much for options. Big big disappointment.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining Experience!Deb1760201Dined on 2/11/2014We had a wonderful time at The Melting Pot - fantastic food, great service, no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience.Mandimay30Dined on 2/3/2014Food was delicious. Service was great. Fun dining experience. We had a great time.Special Features:
- I had been so looking forwardKimSueDined on 2/1/2014I had been so looking forward to trying The Melting Pot. A fondue restaurant - great idea, but The Melting Pot was unable to execute it well. The food was VERY bland and unimpressive - even the chocolate. It was extremely overpriced, particularly since diners have to cook their our own entrees. The house white wine was an extremely sweet and semi-bubbly wine, which the hostess told us she could not identify for us due to restaurant policy (??). All four people in our party were extremely disappointed, and we agreed we would not be returning to The Melting Pot.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Had the best time and our waitress Ashley was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun when you have time to lingerMichaelDined on 1/24/2014The fondue theme is really fun, and gives you the opportunity to linger and chat while you cook each bite. Just make sure you leave yourself time. I'm not complaining it was a nice time but you should expect it.. We spent two hours for cheese/salad and main course.. No dessert...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Special OccassionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014The service and experience of fondue dinner is exquisite. Something different from the ordinary and a treat for adults. Personal booth space and cooking right at the table with endless options for discerning pallets makes this a A+ night out.Special Features:
- Over priced for the menu andMosobanDined on 1/5/2014Over priced for the menu and the size portions. So much for the Fondue experience….not greatly impressed.Special Features:
- Nice placeGreggDined on 1/1/2014Very expensive and not a particularly good value, but great spot for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EvekzygDined on 12/31/2013This was our first time to the Melting Pot on New Years Eve and it was a really fun night. They had a prefix 4 course dinner that was perfect for the evening. Our waitress, Nicole, was outstanding and made the night very enjoyable. We loved the Champaign fondue!Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceCassieDined on 12/31/2013I made reservations at the Melting Pot as a surprise for my boyfriend and myself for New Year's Eve! He was surprised and loved every second of it. It was our third time there together and as always, the service was fantastic. Our server, Carly, was very attentive to us but not overly attentive which was nice. She made conversation with us and was very pleasant. The manager of this specific location was walking around checking on everyone and was also very nice. I had spoken with him the last time we went to dinner there as well. The New Year's Eve menu was interesting and i cannot wait to go back on a normal night! Definitely recommend this restaurant to all of my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MandMDined on 12/30/2013My husband and I enjoyed dining at the Melting Pot! It was a special dinner for the two of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013The food was good thought it was overpriced and limited as to how you could order. You should offer just chicken on the 4 choice. Not liking that you had to stay with the grouping and if you change your mind and want dessert you get charged more. Everything is upgraded to more if you don't go with the standardSpecial Features: