The Melting Pot - Raleigh
3100 Wake Forest Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Raleigh
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/raleigh/specials
- Phone: (919) 878-0477
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot of Raleigh can accommodate parties of up to 50. We will also open for lunch for parties of 12 or larger with a signed Large Party Agreement.
- Private Party Contact: Manager, email@example.com 9198780477
A word from The Melting Pot - Raleigh
The triangle's favorite celebration restaurant. "The Melting Pot is pure entertainment" declares the NY Times. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a gathering of friends for a bridal or baby shower, Girl's Night Out, or birthday The Melting Pot has the recipe to make all your occasions special. Relax in our inviting,elegant atmosphere and let our attentive servers guide you through our selection of fondues, sauces and fine wines. Winner of an "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Raleigh - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
The Melting Pot - Raleigh reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (31)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014The service was great. The waiter even made a salad for me that wasnt on the menu because I saw it online. Several staff members wished us a happy anniversary and they event gave us a card. The only room for improvement was busing the table. Our plates sat for 10-20 minutes in between courses and our beverages weren't filled in a timely fashion I ran out of water twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as always!GoodEatinDined on 11/3/2014Do the four-course meal, as each course is delicious! The Melting Pot has a great variety of dipping items for the cheese fondue & the chocolate fondue. And many great sauces for the main course. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun experiencechampDined on 11/1/2014We had a age range from 12 to 72 and everyone enjoyed themselves. We paced ourselves in the 4 course option and it took about 2 hours, so leave yourself some time. You get to enjoy each others company and good food at the same time. What could be better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nightjonc73Dined on 11/1/2014Our first experience and it was very pleasant. Food portions were more then ample for my wife and I. Service was very good and didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly good butWhatncDined on 10/23/2014Food was good. Felt rushed. Flight of wine was horrible, just get a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceloiswalkDined on 10/21/2014What ambience! My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed the lobster cheese fondue, salad was delicious - filet and salmon wonderful and the turtle dessert fondue to die for. Loved the way the server had us roast marshmallows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccomodatingHappyHazelnutDined on 10/15/2014My group was a reservation for six. 4 adults and two kids. Four of the group were quite late. It wasn't a busy night and the staff were very accommodating. We really appreciated that. The children were able to share a plate with their parents, eliminating the need for another meal for them. This was wonderful since they didn't really eat that much. This was the first time that I had been in a group with children. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the staff made the evening for them.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningSueKayDined on 10/8/2014Our waiter Harrison was very helpful in helping us decide on our four course meal with the Wine Flight that matched a wine with each course. He was polite, friendly, but not bothersome. We were able to have a most romantic meal. We really enjoyed the background music of Ella Fitzgerald, some Sinatra and other classics. The seafood was very fresh, everything tasted wonderful. I have a feeling we will enjoy an outing like this again.Special Features:
- Been AwhileAnniversaryDined on 9/29/2014We have not been to the Melting Pot for a few years. It was still as good as we remember. They have remodeled the place and have upgraded the place. Still have the same basic options for the menu but have improved the combinations. The service was outstanding. Like any fondue, the meal will take at least 2 hours which was no problem. We will be back again for another special occasion.Special Features:
- ColdbeersnobDined on 9/25/2014it was extremely cold, food was good but for $35 I expect a little better since in reality you are doing most of the work yourself. Bread was very stale. Dessert was excellentSpecial Features:
- Good foodmjd31Dined on 9/22/2014Maybe a bit corporate, but good food! The wine list is good enough, and the Martini Monday can't be beat. I personally think the Little Dipper in Durham is a bit better.Special Features:
- Great food great vibOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014This was my First time at a melting pot and i waa very pleased with the experience.food was very good and the atmosphere was niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!Sportsfan17Dined on 9/12/2014I've been to a lot of fondue places before but melting pot has been the best one yet! The service was so great and the food was amazing! Having the right waiter made the experience that much better! It was the right place to take my girlfriend on a nice date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Ambience was nice... very friendly and knowledgeable waiter although we felt very rushed. Food was disappointing as the bread was stale. Dessert tray was stale and offered horrible options. Chocolate with desert was almost cold, therefore took away from the nice fondue chocolate dessert experience. Very little food was served on plate making the meal extremely overpriced and not worth it. Wine was good.Special Features:
- Falling down on FondueGourmetAlbaVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Melting Pot is a franchise operation, I assume, but we've been to this particular one a number of times. On this occasion the server seemed overwhelmed, food came before the cocktails, things were spilled and we ended up with less food than expected because they didn't explain a menu change to us. If this had been our first experience, we wouldn't go back!Special Features:
- amazing!!yumtapasDined on 9/5/2014We had the best time for his birthday and will definitely come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome nightAwesomeDined on 9/1/2014Had a great time eating endless fondue. Our server was awesome and the night will be remembered for a long timeSpecial Features:
- Special experienceFamilyof4Dined on 8/30/2014We usually choose The Melting Pot for special occasions and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family nightFamilyof4Dined on 8/28/2014We took our two children with us to dinner. Melting Pot had a special this week, children eat free when an adult buys a 4 course meal. We chose the steak. We always enjoy our time there. The only negative thing I can say is my wife ordered a alcoholic drink but the bar tender did not add the correct ingredients ( White Russian) for the drink. But it was taken off the bill. Overall a great experience. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion placekbouliaDined on 8/25/2014We took our three children to The Melting Pot to celebrate the first day of school. It is absolutely their favorite place but given how expensive it is, we only go on very special occasions. The food was very good as always. Steven our server was awesome. He paced our meal well and was very nice to our children. It's definitely a family favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun date nightkdbrnDined on 8/23/2014Had a nice birthday dinner with my son. A little pricey, but worth it for a special occasion. The Wisconsin cheese fondue was great. Had the classic meats; didn't care for the pork rub, but the rest was good. Dark chocolate turtle was devine! Take a jacket; it was chilly. And don't plan anything too far afterward; we were there almost 3 hours!Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014I love The Melting Pot, but this was not our best experience. Ours was a party of 3 and we got seated at a table with one burner. We asked if we could move to one with 2 burners because we have always had it that way and much prefer the flexibility. The server checked and said they were completely booked and we could not move. The table immediately next to us was empty when we first arrived and remained empty until we left. That was very disappointing. We also spent too much time waiting with nothing in front of us which was frustrating since we had a theatre performance to make it to. Not the best experience this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 421 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Raleigh reviews archive.
- Not up to par this timeBetterlucknexttimeDined on 7/26/2014This time our server wasn't nearly as helpful as last year. The staff couldn't help that the table next to us was talking loudly about topics we'd rather our younger children not hear, but that was added to a less enjoyable night. Lastly, my oldest fully unfolded his napkin to discover a DISGUSTINGLY unclean, dried mess stuck in his napkin. The server was also shocked and showed the manager who did come to the table and apologize, "having never seen that before!" but offered NO compensation in even a small way. Our visit fell below the expected bar this time around, sorry to say. Our food was still tasty but our overall mood when leaving won't have us running back this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed our experience and it was a nice way to dine at a more leisurely pace. However we specifically asked about the quantity of food and the waitress kept encouraging us each to do the four course option since it was our first time. In the end we couldn't even manage dessert and were offered a voucher to come back for dessert sometime. I would eat there again but would certainly only order one 4 course and perhaps an extra salad for the two of us.Special Features:
- Horrible Service- So DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We have visited many Melting Pot locations over the years- including this one in Raleigh-Durham. Each time we have had great service except for this past weekend. We had a server who failed in almost every way. The manager also failed by repeatedly telling us the server was one of his best which does not bode well for the future of this location. The server was a young man who after making a couple of early mistakes- which he could easily recover from- began to ignore our table completely. He was at the table next to ours frequently talking and laughing ( and working on what he perceived to be a large tip potential) -he would avoid coming to our table. We asked to see the manager once to alert him to our difficulties- no change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun choice for a family celebrationeatoutreviewsDined on 6/28/2014I had eaten at a Melting Pot years ago, but this was a first visit for the rest of my family. Kids enjoyed their meal and my spouse was pleasantly surprised at the quality. Cooking time slows down the meal in a good way, encouraging conversation. Tip: I used the timer on my smart phone to remind us when to take things out of the hot broth, which was very helpful for getting different items properly cooked.Special Features:
- Very good food and great service!LindaCDined on 6/28/2014I am a very picky eater and the melting pot accommodated all of my very different tastes. The cheese fondue was absolutely delicious and both of my daughters who are also picky eaters were very happy with the melting pot. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food acceptable.dine4funDined on 6/26/2014The servers know the menu and all ingredients. The food is brought to your table fresh and cooked right there. The food is overpriced. You are paying for the experience at the Melting Pot. The cheese fondue appetizer was tasty but the bread served with it, not so good. Salad okay. For the price you pay at this restaurant $30.95- $45.95 PER person, depending on the entrée, you would expect highest quality. Just get the complimentary vegetable broth, it doesn't really change the flavor in an 8-10 minute cook, then you dip all of the food in about 6 different sauces. The best part of the food was the dessert. I would go back to this restaurant for two reasons, the service and the dessert.Special Features:
- Big Fan of The Melting PotFondueFansDined on 6/21/2014We are big fans of The Melting Pot and we were happy to see one right down the street from our hotel in Raleigh, NC this weekend. The food was almost as good as our regular Boca location. The service was good, the ambience wasn't as romantic as we are used too.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!!!CorpBlkDined on 6/16/2014We enjoyed everything about the experience. This was our first time visiting. The food & wine was delicious. The wine suggestions went well with the 4 courses. The service was polite & very helpful. All of this together made our first & definitely not our last visit wonderful!! I definitely would suggest that first time visitors order the 4 course meal. It gives you a chance to experience a lot that they have to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing PaceExPatNYerDined on 6/15/2014Having a family Father's Day dinner lasted 2 hours... but it is the comfortable and enjoyable pace makes that entirely appropriate. Don't come in a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingpjlearyDined on 6/8/2014We were seated promptly. Our serve must have been new because he kept having to look at notes on his phone in order to complete our order and prepare our foods. He was not very good at explaining the process, we had a guest who'd never been there before. The food was very good, no disappointment there. However, the meal was poorly timed and went much too late due to server inexperience. If it hadn't been such a good deal because it was restaurant week, I would have complained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had better !AttorneyDined on 6/8/2014We have been to this Melting Pot several times. However, this was not good. Our server was "new." He did not know how to set things up. he splashed hot oil at us. Another waitress tried to help him and turn our burner OFF so then the food just soaked in oil. I will say that the manager did come over and offer her apologies and gave us a discount.Special Features:
- FantasticJanesdelightsDined on 6/7/2014Lovely lovely lovely. What a beautiful gem we have here in Raleigh. The Melting Pot was exceeded my expectations, with a elegant atmosphere, knowledgable & kind staff, & of course delicious food. I got to enjoy a 4 course meal and enjoy watching the food made and cook some of my food to my preference. This incredibly enjoyable, unique restaurant is now one of our favorites from one trip. Fantastic food. Fantastic people. Fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ryan my server was amazing!NattiDined on 6/7/2014I love the melting pot, and any chance to take a newbie with me I jump at. Ryan our server made my friend at ease, and explained everything. I will always request h when I go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAimeeDined on 6/5/2014My boyfriend and I went for Triangle Restaurant Week and although I'd been before he had not been on a long time. We loved the cheese fondue to start. the entree was a bit trickier to figure out but once he got the hang of the cook times and what sauces went with what ( I used them all for EVERYTHING) he really enjoyed it. Dessert will really finish you off though. the chocolate fondue is rich and very filling, Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One more place checked off the listDougDined on 6/4/2014The Melting Pot wasn't bad, but neither was it good. It suffers from being a chain. I want more than I got for $120 (for 2), with tip. Went for Raleigh Restaurant Week. There was no special menu, a subset of the normal menu for $30/person. The Swiss cheese fondue was OK, if not a bit bland; the main risk here is that you eat too much and "ruin you appetite". My date ordered the spinach salad, which was fine. I ordered the California Salad; it had Gorgonzola cheese and raspberry black walnut vinaigrette. YUK! It was drowned in the over-the-top-uber sweet dressing. And it had the candied pecans too. The main course was OK; the chicken had an odd flavor and took a long time to cook. The dark chocolate dessert fondue was also just OK also.Special Features:
- Lots of food for the moneyxorainxoDined on 6/3/2014We visited during Triangle Restaurant Week and it was worth it. The food can be expensive but very good and you get lots of it. If you like to eat a lot, definitely visit this place! It's like a buffet at your table.Special Features:
- I will definitely go back!pelolargoDined on 6/2/2014This was my first time at The Melting pot and I was looking forward to it. It did not disappointed me. We order 4 course meal. For the cheese fondue we order the Classic Alpine, a combination of Swiss fondues, with lemon juice and nutmeg which gives it a kick. The caesar salad was one of the best I've had, those parmesan pine nuts in it complement beautifully the caesar dressing. For the main course we chose the French Quarter in a Mojo cooking style. Now the meats were nicely seasoned but the flavor of the mojo was not vibrant. Now, for dessert we chose Chocolate S'mores and let me tell you... that was extraordinary! My mouth was experiencing the 4th of July fireworks. I totally recommended it and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereDnelmsDined on 5/24/2014The Melting Pot never fails to impress. We have been going there for over 25 years now and one of the best things, is there is so little turnover. We sometimes have had the same waiter/waitress with months in between visits. Mushrooms, stuffed and fried are the best thing going!Special Features: