The Melting Pot - Portland
Corner of SW 6th Avenue & Main Street
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/portland/specials
- Phone: 5035178960
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER Monday-Thursday: 5 pm to 10 pm Friday: 5 pm to 11 pm Saturday: 3 pm to 11pm Sunday: 4 pm to 9 pm BAR Opens Daily at 4 pm HAPPY HOUR Monday-Friday: 4 pm to 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The entire Portland restaurant is available for daytime events, seating 20 to 180 guests. We offer the same quality of service and attention to detail to large parties that our restaurant is famous for.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly McNaron- email@example.com 5035178960
- Cross Street: SW 6th Avenue & Main Street
- Public Transit: Conveniently located just three short blocks south of the Pioneer Courthouse Square MAX station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Covered parking is available at the Congress Center Garage located directly across from The Melting Pot at 1025 SW 6th Avenue, between the Starbucks and the Subway. $3 with Melting Pot validation. (6th Avenue Entrance ONLY).
A word from The Melting Pot - Portland
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon and elegantly appointed and furnished, The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for an out-of-the-ordinary experience. Celebrating something special? Our Hospitality Specialists are able to assist with all of your entertaining needs. We offer everything from personalized hand-written cards and balloon bouquets to long-stem roses and champagne waiting on your table when you arrive. Reservations are highly recommended, so start your Perfect Night Out by calling us at 503.517.8960 to speak to a Hospitality Specialist. We will help you create a dining experience you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Melting Pot - Portland - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Melting Pot - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (117)notable wine list (41)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (34)hot spot (18)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Simply lovelyQue2142Dined on 10/17/2014I cannot say enough amazing words to describe The Melting Pot here in Portland along with its wonderful staff, from the hostess to the waiters. Such an unforgettable experience. I would DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningKandLDined on 10/15/2014Had a fantastic time at the Melting Pot. I've been to this chain at a California location but this was a top notch experience. Our waiter, Andy, was knowledgeable but laid back. It made this upscale dining experience even more comfortable. I'd certainly go again. I recommend the celebration entree, mojo for the broth! It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert.chocolateDined on 10/10/2014I love their food appetizers, probably the only salads I eat but their dessert is what keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!CMcRogersDined on 10/9/2014We don't have one of these in our town anymore so we jumped at the chance to enjoy fondue for two.Special Features:
- Perfect for birthday surpriseBirthdaySupriseDined on 10/8/2014took my girlfriend for her birthday. Their birthday special package was on the speedy side but was well worth the reaction. she had no idea we were going to the melting pot, on arrival we were sat promptly to a table with rose peddles and champagne on ice. Our waiter Jerry was amazing. Super funny, knew everything about everything and even though forgot a bag a couple times was funny with different responses. I will deffenity be returning not just for a birthday surprise. Amaredo dessert was to die for.Special Features:
- FLIPPING AMAZINGKotag20Dined on 10/4/2014this was just gonna be a small date but it was easily turned into something much more amazing!!! our waitor Jeff was super Kool too!! definitely coming back to this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceIvan312Dined on 10/4/2014The melting pot is a great place for a romantic visit. I took my girlfriend out for her birthday and got the romantic package to go with that and we enjoyed our experience as it was our first time at the melting pot. The food was excellent although a little pricy. However the service we got wasn't the greatest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJMacheDined on 10/2/2014My girlfriend and I went there for our anniversary and it was a great experience. They took care of us and made sure we felt special. A very romantic evening. My girlfriend loved it. David did a great job. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun experience !!JudahMichelleDined on 9/29/2014The Melting Pot offered a fun and hands on experience by cooking your own meal in the matter of minutes. The "Classic" entre was my personal favorite. The salad was good, cheese fondue was tasty. The main course was amazing. If you are a meat lover try the Classic! The dessert was a feast of delicious bit sized treats to dip into tasty chocolate sauce.. The drinks are all tasty. Try one of there chocolate adult beverages and you will surly have a second! The service was quick and the server was funny and attentive. Overall an excellent first time experience. Expect to pay $150+ but know that the food and experience are well worth it. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014The food at melting pot was good and always fun. The waiter we had was rude and not very helpful.Special Features:
- great desertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The overall price is expensive, but the food is very good, especially the desert. Plan on spending over $100Special Features:
- Melting PotrbpdxDined on 9/27/2014Took my daughter here for her 16th birthday. It was a great location and great food for the occasion. Service was great, staff were very friendly. We had a great time.Special Features:
- PriceyBubblzDined on 9/27/2014I wasn't expecting snack food to be so expensive. Caesar dressing was weak. It was a fun experience for old friends to get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK dining with a few exceptionsMichaelDined on 9/27/2014My experience was good with a few exceptions: 1) I was celebrating my anniversary and the card that was left at my table had my wife's name misspelled even though I spelled it for the person who called to confirm my reservation. 2) We got placed next to to and in view of the door to the kitchen. It was very distracting and LOUD. 3) My wife had to use the restroom and said that she had to go a long way to use the restroom and when she got there, they were dirty and did not have any toilet paper. The server, Jeff, was excellent and explained things very well and was very personable.Special Features:
- YummyJellybean22Dined on 9/27/2014We had so much fun, and the food was fabulous! The turtle chocolate fondue was amazing. It is pricey, but the portions are very generous.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a romantic anniversary night. Jeff was very attentive and made our evening special. We appreciate all the extra the staf at the Melting Pot provided for our night.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I had the best time and a great second wedding anniversary dinner. It's more than great food, it was a beautiful experience. Our waiter, Tom, was fantastic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go as usualSeven2SevenDined on 9/26/2014We have dined here several time and like always the food was delicious. The services was good but not up to their usual standards. I think they were fairly busy and that could have been what caused the disappearance of our waiter on a few occasions.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Went here for our anniversary and the staff was very great. They made the night special and took care of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way over priced with not good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014they are basically selling the pot that's on the table. The food servings are tiny and way over priced. will never go back again.
- DessertAdsmartDined on 9/17/2014Stopped in just for dessert. Totally worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnson 3OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was just ok. Took a long time for the fondue and chocolate to get warm.
- great dining experiencesurethingDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful waiter, Carl. He was personable and very good at recommending wine and food that satisfied our tastes. He nailed our wants every time. The ambience is great for a date night, it is a very intimate setting and the food and courses are a novelty for people who do not dine out normally. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I have made this same review on several sites. This was, from start to finish the best dining experience my wife and I've had in 13 years of marriage. From the reservation made on OpenTable to the location, the ambience to the fondue was perfect. Our server Thom was awesome! He was professional yet chill and paced the meal...it was simply the best experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum chocolate fondueIlovechocolateDined on 9/6/2014I highly recommend the chocolate fondue. I will be back just for that, I would say that was my favorite partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the experienceSergeyDined on 9/3/2014the melting pot is a great place to go to say that you've been there. I would not say there is anything special about the food. The prices are a bit steap that's why we only went there to celebrate. Disappointing to pay $6 for a lemonade and not have complimentary refills. The best part of the night was the dessert, but then again $20 for dessert was not worth it. Will probably not return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Outstanding food and outstanding service! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary. We had such a good time the food was great and it was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, ServiceoddQueriesDined on 8/25/2014My wife and I went out here for our anniversary dinner. The food was incredible, and the service was top-notch. The ambiance is almost perfect for a romantic evening out, though it could have used a bit more isolation between booths. The gluten-free menu was amazing as well, and they can do a half-and-half (e.g. I love all things wheat, but the missus cannot tolerate it. They came through for us both admirably.) A couple things to note: * Be prepared to break out the wallet - an evening for two can easily cost you well above $150. * Set aside enough time - the courses will take upwards of two hours to present and consume. * Make Reservations! It's often the only way to get in sometimes. * Come hungry - you will be full when done. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!ljonesDined on 8/25/2014This was our first time at The Melting Pot and it did NOT disappoint! Everything about this restaurant and our experience there was great! It was the perfect dinner out for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurprisefondueloversDined on 8/24/2014The food is always great, but the service I had this time was mediocre. I took my boyfriend as a surprise for his birthday. The hostess sat the wrong couple under my reservation. Had to wait an extra 20 minutes after my reservation time for a table. Our server was nice but forgetful when we ordered the meats for dipping in the cheese (he brought them with the salads-cheese was already gone). Usually, we receive a hand written card when celebrating a special occasion- our server had no idea it was my boyfriends birthday. Had a coupon for free 6 chocolate strawberries, showed my server, and had to hunt him down after he closed our check since he forgot and was hiding in the kitchen. I am usually very impressed with service- not this time.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Time!NSVSDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I went for our 1 year wedding anniversary. The staff was wonderful and very engaging.Special Features:
- excellent! will definitely be backomarsgirlDined on 8/23/2014We were seated at the exact time we made reservations for. Our server, other servers, hostesses and manager that greeted us or checked on us were friendly and made sure we were well pleased at all times. All the food was awesome Dessert was the BEST! We'll be back to take our 9 year old! It took us 2 hours for the 4 course selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but at what cost?KayjaydubDined on 8/20/2014The Melting Pot used to be our favorite special occasion restaurant. I don't know if the restaurant has changed or if we've matured, because this last time seemed different. If we're going to spend $50+ per person, the food better be knock-us-off-our-socks incredible. And it's good food, but I just don't know if it reaches that level. I think next time we want to blow $135 bucks (it's cheaper for is because we don't drink), we'll probably try one of Portlands many other fine dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningLD315Dined on 8/19/2014My husband and I visited The Melting Pot on our way down to the coast for a vacation celebrating our anniversary. There were many special touches including seating us at a private corner booth, giving us an anniversary card, and delivering a plate with a message drizzled in chocolate. The food and drinks were delicious, and staff constantly stopped at our table to check on us. Our server did a wonderful job of explaining the different fondues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm in Love with the Love MartinisPickyinVancouverDined on 8/17/2014The food was good, not as flavorful as I had hoped but still good. We chose the pick 5 not knowing we would be stuffed to the gills by the time the chocolate fondue arrived. The best part was the bar, the Love Martini was the best drink I have ever had. It was nice and quiet, romantic, and they really went above and beyond to make our anniversary a very special occasion. I would recommend the Melting Pot for very special occasions but advise that you go out of your comfort zone and drive the more flavorful options as the plain are just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experienceShannyDined on 8/17/2014For the last 8 years we have come here for our anniversary. We can only do it once a year because it is extremely spendy but it is so worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwillbebackDined on 8/17/2014I have been wanting to go to the melting pot for years. It was as wondlerfu as I had hoped. Especially the the Ying Yang chocolate fondue. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were first timers and the melting pot was recommended through a friend. We were beyond impressed, and will defiantly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timesjakeisabeastDined on 8/13/2014Other than the preppy gang of teenagers that walked in before us shouting, the place was a great experience. Excellent waiter who made a good wine choice for my date and i. I would certainly consider going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.