The Melting Pot - Portland
Corner of SW 6th Avenue & Main Street
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/portland/specials
- Phone: 5035178960
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER Monday-Thursday: 5 pm to 10 pm Friday: 5 pm to 11 pm Saturday: 3 pm to 11pm Sunday: 4 pm to 9 pm BAR Opens Daily at 4 pm HAPPY HOUR Monday-Friday: 4 pm to 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The entire Portland restaurant is available for daytime events, seating 20 to 180 guests. We offer the same quality of service and attention to detail to large parties that our restaurant is famous for.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly McNaron- email@example.com 5035178960
- Cross Street: SW 6th Avenue & Main Street
- Public Transit: Conveniently located just three short blocks south of the Pioneer Courthouse Square MAX station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Covered parking is available at the Congress Center Garage located directly across from The Melting Pot at 1025 SW 6th Avenue, between the Starbucks and the Subway. $3 with Melting Pot validation. (6th Avenue Entrance ONLY).
A word from The Melting Pot - Portland
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon and elegantly appointed and furnished, The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for an out-of-the-ordinary experience. Celebrating something special? Our Hospitality Specialists are able to assist with all of your entertaining needs. We offer everything from personalized hand-written cards and balloon bouquets to long-stem roses and champagne waiting on your table when you arrive. Reservations are highly recommended, so start your Perfect Night Out by calling us at 503.517.8960 to speak to a Hospitality Specialist. We will help you create a dining experience you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Melting Pot - Portland - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Melting Pot - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)romantic (121)notable wine list (42)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (39)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (18)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Stopped in just for dessert. Totally worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnson 3OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was just ok. Took a long time for the fondue and chocolate to get warm.
- great dining experiencesurethingDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful waiter, Carl. He was personable and very good at recommending wine and food that satisfied our tastes. He nailed our wants every time. The ambience is great for a date night, it is a very intimate setting and the food and courses are a novelty for people who do not dine out normally. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I have made this same review on several sites. This was, from start to finish the best dining experience my wife and I've had in 13 years of marriage. From the reservation made on OpenTable to the location, the ambience to the fondue was perfect. Our server Thom was awesome! He was professional yet chill and paced the meal...it was simply the best experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum chocolate fondueIlovechocolateDined on 9/6/2014I highly recommend the chocolate fondue. I will be back just for that, I would say that was my favorite partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the experienceSergeyDined on 9/3/2014the melting pot is a great place to go to say that you've been there. I would not say there is anything special about the food. The prices are a bit steap that's why we only went there to celebrate. Disappointing to pay $6 for a lemonade and not have complimentary refills. The best part of the night was the dessert, but then again $20 for dessert was not worth it. Will probably not return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Outstanding food and outstanding service! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary. We had such a good time the food was great and it was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, ServiceoddQueriesDined on 8/25/2014My wife and I went out here for our anniversary dinner. The food was incredible, and the service was top-notch. The ambiance is almost perfect for a romantic evening out, though it could have used a bit more isolation between booths. The gluten-free menu was amazing as well, and they can do a half-and-half (e.g. I love all things wheat, but the missus cannot tolerate it. They came through for us both admirably.) A couple things to note: * Be prepared to break out the wallet - an evening for two can easily cost you well above $150. * Set aside enough time - the courses will take upwards of two hours to present and consume. * Make Reservations! It's often the only way to get in sometimes. * Come hungry - you will be full when done. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!ljonesDined on 8/25/2014This was our first time at The Melting Pot and it did NOT disappoint! Everything about this restaurant and our experience there was great! It was the perfect dinner out for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurprisefondueloversDined on 8/24/2014The food is always great, but the service I had this time was mediocre. I took my boyfriend as a surprise for his birthday. The hostess sat the wrong couple under my reservation. Had to wait an extra 20 minutes after my reservation time for a table. Our server was nice but forgetful when we ordered the meats for dipping in the cheese (he brought them with the salads-cheese was already gone). Usually, we receive a hand written card when celebrating a special occasion- our server had no idea it was my boyfriends birthday. Had a coupon for free 6 chocolate strawberries, showed my server, and had to hunt him down after he closed our check since he forgot and was hiding in the kitchen. I am usually very impressed with service- not this time.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Time!NSVSDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I went for our 1 year wedding anniversary. The staff was wonderful and very engaging.Special Features:
- excellent! will definitely be backomarsgirlDined on 8/23/2014We were seated at the exact time we made reservations for. Our server, other servers, hostesses and manager that greeted us or checked on us were friendly and made sure we were well pleased at all times. All the food was awesome Dessert was the BEST! We'll be back to take our 9 year old! It took us 2 hours for the 4 course selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but at what cost?KayjaydubDined on 8/20/2014The Melting Pot used to be our favorite special occasion restaurant. I don't know if the restaurant has changed or if we've matured, because this last time seemed different. If we're going to spend $50+ per person, the food better be knock-us-off-our-socks incredible. And it's good food, but I just don't know if it reaches that level. I think next time we want to blow $135 bucks (it's cheaper for is because we don't drink), we'll probably try one of Portlands many other fine dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningLD315Dined on 8/19/2014My husband and I visited The Melting Pot on our way down to the coast for a vacation celebrating our anniversary. There were many special touches including seating us at a private corner booth, giving us an anniversary card, and delivering a plate with a message drizzled in chocolate. The food and drinks were delicious, and staff constantly stopped at our table to check on us. Our server did a wonderful job of explaining the different fondues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm in Love with the Love MartinisPickyinVancouverDined on 8/17/2014The food was good, not as flavorful as I had hoped but still good. We chose the pick 5 not knowing we would be stuffed to the gills by the time the chocolate fondue arrived. The best part was the bar, the Love Martini was the best drink I have ever had. It was nice and quiet, romantic, and they really went above and beyond to make our anniversary a very special occasion. I would recommend the Melting Pot for very special occasions but advise that you go out of your comfort zone and drive the more flavorful options as the plain are just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experienceShannyDined on 8/17/2014For the last 8 years we have come here for our anniversary. We can only do it once a year because it is extremely spendy but it is so worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwillbebackDined on 8/17/2014I have been wanting to go to the melting pot for years. It was as wondlerfu as I had hoped. Especially the the Ying Yang chocolate fondue. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were first timers and the melting pot was recommended through a friend. We were beyond impressed, and will defiantly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timesjakeisabeastDined on 8/13/2014Other than the preppy gang of teenagers that walked in before us shouting, the place was a great experience. Excellent waiter who made a good wine choice for my date and i. I would certainly consider going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved it!sarimonsterDined on 8/13/2014I celebrated my anniversary there and I have to say it was better than I expected. I loved everything from the food to the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice and CozyPdxpilotDined on 8/11/2014Amazing atmosphere. Friendly staff and very good food. Great place for a date or just to hang with some friends. Good location and easy to find. Would highly recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our server Jeff was excellent. However, I paid extra in order to have a special occasion with my husband for his birthday.. The couple who was seated next to us in a room with only two tables was extremely obnoxious and loud the entire time. Dana, the manager never once came to speak to us or ask how our meal was going. In fact, the only reason I even know his name is because he stopped and made sure to check in with our neighboring booth FOUR times during dinner and but never asked us how our meal was going or anything. Overall I give the Melting Pot a three simply because I expected much more from a dining experience that cost us $140 plus a $20 tip.Special Features:
- amazing night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Came here for my anniversary with my girlfriend and it was a great experience. Staff was phenomenal and the food mouth watering. Will be a new tradition from here on out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Even though the bill was way more than I am used to, it was well worth it. The food qas amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightDiningCoupleDined on 8/4/2014Anniversary dinner satisfied. Excellent service. Good food. Fun and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique attractioncoachmenowDined on 8/3/2014My daughter has been wanting to go here for years, so for her 20th birthday, we finally agreed. The staff was very attentive to her special day, and the service was great. Prices are a little high, but you don't go away hungry. Had a lot of fun cooking the meal ourselves, although my wife said that I'm sure their cooks would do a better job than us.Special Features:
- Ladies NightClammsdgDined on 7/28/2014Evan, Travis and the entire staff really made our ladies night.Special Features:
- Great date night!Oregonstate13Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I came here on a date night and enjoyed every bit of it!! It is such a fun experience and the food is amazing! We did the 4 course dinner and it was well worth it! I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a special romantic night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumceleryDined on 7/25/2014I really enjoyed my meal at The Melting Pot. The food was very good, the service was outstanding, and I had fun cooking my own food at my table. The only thing I would like to see changed is the cost. I might go more often if the price wasn't so high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExpierenceLoveToFondueDined on 7/20/2014My waiter was so funny and the food was great! I was there to celebrate my cousins sweet 16th and it was one of the best decisions we made on how to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesometonyDined on 7/17/2014service was amazing as was food. everything was as expectedSpecial Features:
- Everything was fantasticTatonkakareDined on 7/14/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant multiple times for special occasions and will continue toSpecial Features:
- incredible evening!!DawnDined on 7/13/2014Great food and the service was incredible! The entire wait staff was engaging and genuinally seem to love their job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMarkDined on 7/13/2014We told our server that we needed to be at a show in 1.5 hours. He was able to recommend menu items that we could eat within that time period. (It normally takes at least 2 hours to get through all four courses. )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!StaceyDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I have been going to this Melting Pot for nine years. The food and service are fabulous. The four course meal is the best deal. You think it won't be enough food, but trust me, you are full when you leave. I would add a few minutes to the cooking times that they suggest. The potatoes take forever, so we dump those in right at the beginning and let them cook while we cook some of our meat and shrimp. We have gotten to know the manager Kelly, our favorite server Sean, and the very engaging water/bus boy Jonathan. In nine years, we have never had a bad experience. I think it's what you make it. Yes, it's spendy, but no more than Portland City Grill or Ringside. The atmosphere and fun of fondue are totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place!rckctigardDined on 7/12/2014We always talk about where to go for our anniversary dinner and inevitably we agree on the Melting Pot - we don't really discuss going anywhere else for our special occasions for the two of us. My wife says you make the best Lemon Drop martini around. We love the cheddar fondue (can't get enough), always have the bouillon for our entree, and then the great turtle chocolate fondue for desert, with extra pound cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the dollar point.LanunDined on 7/12/2014It is a good restaurant with a nice atmosphere. The servers are very polite and kind. It's dark for a quiet romantic ambiance. This all was fine and good. The price for the food on the other hand is completely unreasonable. The food is good but not $50/per gourmet. It's fun you get to socialize while cooking your own food at the table. However, this is another reason the food price is to high... you're cooking your own meal! It was an enjoyable experience but not one I'll repeat. I can pay 1/3 the money and get food just as good at Stanford's, Apple Bee's, Olive Garden, or etc. If I am going to take my wife out on the town for an expensive dinner, I can get the same ambiance & far superior food for the same price other places in Portland
- Birthday dinnerThreedinersDined on 7/12/2014We took our 20 year old daughter there for her birthday at her request. The service was spectactular, but the food was not overwhelming. It was good enough, but at the price, I would have expected a "WOW". $40-$55 per person was a bit steep in my view. My daughter was very happy with the experience. Two different views.
- Amazing!Loves2eatDined on 7/10/2014It was my first time there! Me and my gf went for our first anniversary! We got the lovers package the roses were perfect the waiter was amazing! The kitchen staff was awesome! And the good was mostly incredible the only thubg I was weary on was the choice if meats and their seasonings! Not to my taste but the filet mingion was to die for, that I will hand to them! But thee appetizer was OMG and the salad was ok! The dessert was awesome!!! Overall I'd say a solid 4.9 outta 5!! Definitely gonna be there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.