The Melting Pot - Portland
Corner of SW 6th Avenue & Main Street
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/portland/specials
- Phone: (503) 517-8960
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER Monday-Thursday: 5 pm to 10 pm Friday: 5 pm to 11 pm Saturday: 3 pm to 11pm Sunday: 4 pm to 9 pm BAR Opens Daily at 4 pm HAPPY HOUR Monday-Friday: 4 pm to 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The entire Portland restaurant is available for daytime events, seating 20 to 180 guests. We offer the same quality of service and attention to detail to large parties that our restaurant is famous for.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly McNaron- email@example.com 5035178960
- Cross Street: SW 6th Avenue & Main Street
- Public Transit: Conveniently located just three short blocks south of the Pioneer Courthouse Square MAX station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Covered parking is available at the Congress Center Garage located directly across from The Melting Pot at 1025 SW 6th Avenue, between the Starbucks and the Subway. $3 with Melting Pot validation. (6th Avenue Entrance ONLY).
A word from The Melting Pot - Portland
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon and elegantly appointed and furnished, The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for an out-of-the-ordinary experience. Celebrating something special? Our Hospitality Specialists are able to assist with all of your entertaining needs. We offer everything from personalized hand-written cards and balloon bouquets to long-stem roses and champagne waiting on your table when you arrive. Reservations are highly recommended, so start your Perfect Night Out by calling us at 503.517.8960 to speak to a Hospitality Specialist. We will help you create a dining experience you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Melting Pot - Portland - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Melting Pot - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (111)good for groups (44)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (34)hot spot (19)late-night find (14)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A really fun experiencecallawayDined on 11/15/2014The service here is wonderful and everyone is quite friendly. The food is delicious, but I feel like it's a bit over-priced. I'd still recommend it. It's different than your usual dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDinnerfortwoDined on 11/10/2014Thank you so much for being such a wonderful spot. My husband and I just celebrated our anniversary there. The dinner was wonderful - we had all four courses and it made the meal a delightful event. The service was outstanding! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2014It has become a tradition to celebrate my daughter's birthday at the Melting Pot. The food is great. There is plenty of it. The service is the best around. Our server was exceptional. My daughter mentioned that one item she really loved was no longer on the menu...Ben said they still served it on occassion and said he would try to get some for us....Voila! She got her Duck a l'orange! This birthday tradition has been going on for the last 6 years. We have never been disappointed and we are anticipating many more years celebrating at the Melting Pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and ambiancespecial18thDined on 11/9/2014The atmosphere and service was great! Food was good, especially the chocolate fondue! We enjoyed getting extra bread and dessert goodies for the fondues. The Melting Pot did a nice job of acknowledging our daughter's birthday. She was very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fun!luvfondueDined on 11/8/2014Definitely a place to go with friends and family. As my daughter said, "where else can you get dressed up and then play with your food?!" Really enjoyed the fondue experience. Not a place to eat if you are in a hurry or on a budget, but it's great for those special occasions you want to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Without the HopelessVulpesMundiDined on 11/8/2014This is the third year in a row - our second year anniversary of our first date - that we've come to the melting pot. It's always an experience of love and food and reminds us that treasures are all around us if we're just willing to open our senses to them. The food was amazing, the service was friendly, and the time was well spent with the one I love. I honestly don't know of a more romantic place to spend a meal together. Thanks again for a wonderful evening, Melting Pot.Special Features:
- Above and beyondAir13Dined on 11/8/2014The staff here goes above and beyond to make your special event extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyDined on 11/6/2014The décor is very outdated. The background music is somewhat loud and annoying actually. There was a very loud party going on in the dining room that added to the poor experience. The cost is way too high for what you get. Yes the fondue is wonderful as are the cuts of meat, but $55.00 to $60.00 per person, not including drinks, is frankly ridiculous for what you get. We went for our boys sixteenth birthday. We had fun but will never go back. You're paying a fortune just to experience cooking your own food.Special Features:
- Wouldn't do it all the time...TrapizoidDined on 11/1/2014The services was wonderful! The price to food quality/portions could be better. You clearly pay for the experience, the food is average. The Yin and Yang cocktail was delicious!!!
- Better each timeHappytoreviewDined on 10/31/2014Every visit exceeds the last experience. The service was particularly good.Special Features:
- Good for a romantic datePingpongDined on 10/31/2014Took my girlfriend out for a romantic date night and was super impressed, we loved the atmosphere and the food was delicious. Especially enjoyed that you only com a few pices at a time so you can spend a lot of time enjoying each others company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Melting Pot is our family's favorite restaurant! Each of us choose it for our special occasions - Birthdays, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day. It's so fun, delicious & interactive!Special Features:
- Fun experinceLMSTDined on 10/24/2014The food was quite good, and their menu is always changing, so it can be fun to go back in. The experience is what makes it, and of course, the chocolate fondue is wonderful. I would recommend this Melting Pot for special occasions. Our waiter was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time and We WILL returnMrsX2Dined on 10/24/2014We went to the melting pot for our night away and really enjoyed our dinner. We had never been nor have we ever had fondue. The server was very knowledgeable and even made some wonderful suggestions. I had been emailed a coupon for some chocolate dipped strawberries and even though I misread the coupon (notifying the restaurant when making the reservation), the server kind enough to find us a box.Special Features:
- SUPER YUMMYawesomeDined on 10/21/2014It was an awesome experience!!!! I love it that you can make a reservation, and they follow up.Special Features:
- Simply lovelyQue2142Dined on 10/17/2014I cannot say enough amazing words to describe The Melting Pot here in Portland along with its wonderful staff, from the hostess to the waiters. Such an unforgettable experience. I would DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningKandLDined on 10/15/2014Had a fantastic time at the Melting Pot. I've been to this chain at a California location but this was a top notch experience. Our waiter, Andy, was knowledgeable but laid back. It made this upscale dining experience even more comfortable. I'd certainly go again. I recommend the celebration entree, mojo for the broth! It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert.chocolateDined on 10/10/2014I love their food appetizers, probably the only salads I eat but their dessert is what keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!CMcRogersDined on 10/9/2014We don't have one of these in our town anymore so we jumped at the chance to enjoy fondue for two.Special Features:
- Perfect for birthday surpriseBirthdaySupriseDined on 10/8/2014took my girlfriend for her birthday. Their birthday special package was on the speedy side but was well worth the reaction. she had no idea we were going to the melting pot, on arrival we were sat promptly to a table with rose peddles and champagne on ice. Our waiter Jerry was amazing. Super funny, knew everything about everything and even though forgot a bag a couple times was funny with different responses. I will deffenity be returning not just for a birthday surprise. Amaredo dessert was to die for.Special Features:
- FLIPPING AMAZINGKotag20Dined on 10/4/2014this was just gonna be a small date but it was easily turned into something much more amazing!!! our waitor Jeff was super Kool too!! definitely coming back to this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceIvan312Dined on 10/4/2014The melting pot is a great place for a romantic visit. I took my girlfriend out for her birthday and got the romantic package to go with that and we enjoyed our experience as it was our first time at the melting pot. The food was excellent although a little pricy. However the service we got wasn't the greatest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJMacheDined on 10/2/2014My girlfriend and I went there for our anniversary and it was a great experience. They took care of us and made sure we felt special. A very romantic evening. My girlfriend loved it. David did a great job. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun experience !!JudahMichelleDined on 9/29/2014The Melting Pot offered a fun and hands on experience by cooking your own meal in the matter of minutes. The "Classic" entre was my personal favorite. The salad was good, cheese fondue was tasty. The main course was amazing. If you are a meat lover try the Classic! The dessert was a feast of delicious bit sized treats to dip into tasty chocolate sauce.. The drinks are all tasty. Try one of there chocolate adult beverages and you will surly have a second! The service was quick and the server was funny and attentive. Overall an excellent first time experience. Expect to pay $150+ but know that the food and experience are well worth it. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014The food at melting pot was good and always fun. The waiter we had was rude and not very helpful.Special Features:
- great desertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The overall price is expensive, but the food is very good, especially the desert. Plan on spending over $100Special Features:
- Melting PotrbpdxDined on 9/27/2014Took my daughter here for her 16th birthday. It was a great location and great food for the occasion. Service was great, staff were very friendly. We had a great time.Special Features:
- PriceyBubblzDined on 9/27/2014I wasn't expecting snack food to be so expensive. Caesar dressing was weak. It was a fun experience for old friends to get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK dining with a few exceptionsMichaelDined on 9/27/2014My experience was good with a few exceptions: 1) I was celebrating my anniversary and the card that was left at my table had my wife's name misspelled even though I spelled it for the person who called to confirm my reservation. 2) We got placed next to to and in view of the door to the kitchen. It was very distracting and LOUD. 3) My wife had to use the restroom and said that she had to go a long way to use the restroom and when she got there, they were dirty and did not have any toilet paper. The server, Jeff, was excellent and explained things very well and was very personable.Special Features:
- YummyJellybean22Dined on 9/27/2014We had so much fun, and the food was fabulous! The turtle chocolate fondue was amazing. It is pricey, but the portions are very generous.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a romantic anniversary night. Jeff was very attentive and made our evening special. We appreciate all the extra the staf at the Melting Pot provided for our night.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I had the best time and a great second wedding anniversary dinner. It's more than great food, it was a beautiful experience. Our waiter, Tom, was fantastic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go as usualSeven2SevenDined on 9/26/2014We have dined here several time and like always the food was delicious. The services was good but not up to their usual standards. I think they were fairly busy and that could have been what caused the disappearance of our waiter on a few occasions.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Went here for our anniversary and the staff was very great. They made the night special and took care of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way over priced with not good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014they are basically selling the pot that's on the table. The food servings are tiny and way over priced. will never go back again.
- DessertAdsmartDined on 9/17/2014Stopped in just for dessert. Totally worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnson 3OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was just ok. Took a long time for the fondue and chocolate to get warm.
- great dining experiencesurethingDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful waiter, Carl. He was personable and very good at recommending wine and food that satisfied our tastes. He nailed our wants every time. The ambience is great for a date night, it is a very intimate setting and the food and courses are a novelty for people who do not dine out normally. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I have made this same review on several sites. This was, from start to finish the best dining experience my wife and I've had in 13 years of marriage. From the reservation made on OpenTable to the location, the ambience to the fondue was perfect. Our server Thom was awesome! He was professional yet chill and paced the meal...it was simply the best experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum chocolate fondueIlovechocolateDined on 9/6/2014I highly recommend the chocolate fondue. I will be back just for that, I would say that was my favorite partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.