The Melting Pot - Orlando
7549 West Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/orlando/specials
- Phone: 4079031100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
We will be open at 12:00pm, for lunch, in December.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a large party room that can accommodate up to 36 guests and another private room that can seat up to 14 (great for birthdays). We also have a private lover's lane for an intimate dining experience for parties of two.
- Private Party Contact: Mark or Veronica, email@example.com 4079031100x
- Special Events: Want to make your special someone feel extra special? Celebration packages will be delivered to your table as a surprise!
Packages must be pre-ordered.
Balloon Package:A bouquet of balloons attached to your choice of milk, dark or white chocolate fondue waffers. Package also includes a picture of you and your guest(s) in a keepsake frame • $16
Rose Package:Two long stem roses in a glass vase and a picture of you and your guest(s) in a keepsake frame • $25
Rose Petal covered table $5
A word from The Melting Pot - Orlando
Orlando's favorite celebration restaurant. "The Melting Pot is pure entertainment," declares the NY Times. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a gathering of friends for a bridal or baby shower, Girl's Night Out, or birthday The Melting Pot has the recipe to make all your occasions special. Relax in our inviting,elegant atmosphere and let our attentive servers guide you through our selection of fondues, sauces and fine wines. Winner of an "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Melting Pot - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)romantic (94)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (45)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great special treat once in a whilemntravelerDined on 10/16/2014We loved the Melting Pot and our server, Tatiana, was great at explaining all the food items and how she was cooking things. Our kids, one picky eater and one who isn't, loved the experience (their first). The place is pricey, no two ways about it, so we won't be going often, but we will be back.Special Features:
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014Second time here! Great food, service and all!!! Felt welcome and had a great dinner experience!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealRobertDined on 10/9/2014Enjoyed another great romantic meal with my wife. Service was great tonight with the waitress and her helperSpecial Features:
- A real treat to find in OrlandoRichardADined on 10/7/2014This was an unexpected find for three of us. Having lived in Switzerland for 12-13 years we have more than a nodding acquaintance with Alpine-style fondue. We loved the version cooked at our table at the Melting Pot. After some excellent margharitas, we started with the traditional cheese fondue. This was followed by a filet, sirloin and teriyaki beef bourguinonne which was again great fun and delicious. After two platters of meat, two of us were unsure about desserts but fortunately we succumbed to the wonderful chocolate fondue. This was a great way to end the evening. Not only was the food and service 1st class, the whole meal was great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great timePlanning101Dined on 10/3/2014We attended this location with another couple an we had a fabulous time. Our waitress Marlow explained everything to us thoroughly as it was the first time for all of us and it can be a bit over whelming. The cheese fondues were delusion and our entrees even better. We barely had enough room for the chocolate fondues but it was we had a wonderful time nonetheless. We can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun DinningShayDined on 9/30/2014This was more about the experience than the food. You cook your food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time to Melting PotAngieDined on 9/30/2014We were really wanting to take advantage of all the great food from Orlando's Magical Dining Month, so this was my 2nd time there in a week! If it was possible, it was even better the second time. Thanks so much for a great night!Special Features:
- Great Place for AnniversarybeststeaksatcharleysDined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed our time in The Melting Pot of Orlando. We celebrated our anniversary at the best spot. The service and food were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More like FUN-due!McFly5585VIPDined on 9/28/2014We dined during Orlando's Magical Dining Month and at first were a little confused by the prixe fix selections for a fondue restaurant, however our server Tatiana was very helpful and patient in explaining the whole process. She also had great tips and recommendations for novice foduers which also enhanced the dining experience. The food was plentiful, tasty and more than met our expectations. I can see going back again and again, whether it be for a intimate, romantic experience or a group gathering (so long as we can decide on a common cheese and chocolate option).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasionsKittyKatDined on 9/27/2014We went to celebrate my brother's birthday and it was our first time there. The cheese fondue appetizer was delicious but portion was small. Same for the chocolate fondue for dessert. I was still eating when the server started clearing away all the dishes both at dinner and dessert. I felt rushed and didn't appreciate that.Special Features:
- Melting PotAngieDined on 9/25/2014We had not had fondue for several years now, and we were delighted to be able to come through the Orlando Magical Dining Month. The food, fondue, sauces, and service were excellent! What a treat!Special Features:
- Pricey but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Only negative comment was my "special" whiskey cocktail, which was $7.95, was really watered down. Other than that .. service was great, food amount was generous, experience was enough to make me want to return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticCajunmommaDined on 9/24/2014What I love most about this place is the food and the atmosphere! The service is impeccable and the dining experience is one-of-a-kindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Fun!catladyDined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed a three course fondue dinner! Cheddar fondue was first course and it was very good. Classic fondue for the main course with great sauces for the steak, chicken, pork and shrimp accompanied with potatoes and vegetables was so good and the dark chocolate was fantastic. Our Server, Sara was OUTSTANDING and made this a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Something DifferentJoshuaDined on 9/23/2014Excellent choices of food, cheese, and chocolate fondue. A nice change of pace from the usual restaurant. It was memorable because we were making the food as we ate it. That takes a bit of time, so it's not going to be a rushed meal. Great service and very friendly staff. One of the best dining experiences ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceExpensiveDateDined on 9/23/2014I had a really great experience at the melting pot. We were seated immediately and greeted by our server shortly after. He had great drink recommendations and I tried their love martini which was fantastic. The food was equally as fantastic and our server did a great job making sure we knew the cooking times and checking in on us. Overall I loved this experience and would recommend it as a nice romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Dates!SafariLover1Dined on 9/22/2014My boyfriend and I had dinner there during Orlando Magical Dining Month and it was perfect! Great value and great memories. Our server was very personable and we had a nice private booth on the side of the restaurant. Food was amazing! Gotta get the cheddar fondue and the dumplings!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent1sttimeDined on 9/22/2014Excellent experience. Fabulous service and yummy food. Nice quiet easy to have romantic conversations with your special somebody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantastic!DNVOrlandoDined on 9/21/2014This was something I picked off Trip Advisor on a hunch. A new experience for my wife and I and it was great! The waiter (Jamison) was fantastic and very patient with a couple of seniors that had never been there before. We both had the 4 course meal and all of it was wonderful. We were checking for one close to home before the 2nd course, sadly the closest is 1 1/2 hours away but I'm sure we'll make an effort to get there. All 4 of the courses were excellent but the last (dessert) was completely over the top wonderful. I'm sure glad we took a chance on this and have been sharing our experience with our friends and encouraging them to try it. This was something we'll definately do a lot more!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLisaDined on 9/20/2014Staff went above and beyond to make our special night even more special!!! Upon arrival, we were greeted with a "Happy Anniversay" and escorted to a table on the end of a row where no one would be passing by. Very private. Our waiter was outstanding and didn't miss a beat. The manager came over at one point to wish us a Happy Anniversary and made sure all our needs were met. We even received an anniversary card from the staff. To top it all off, they gave us complimentary champage with dessert for a toast. It was truly a memorable evening!! I highly recommend The Melting Pot and will be going back for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeamazingDined on 9/14/2014I totally love this place. My first time, my husband is not easily impress, but this time he was totally amazed. I love the fact that we cook out own meal, it gave us the opportunity to interact with each other. The entire night we talk and not once the phone came out or any business conversation (which that's what normally happen).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastictnkerDined on 9/14/2014Fantastic in all ways -service-menu-choices-food-quailty- !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The best over all dining experience I've had. The food, staff, and ambiance all work marvelously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timesqueekyDined on 9/13/2014perfect in every way,server Cody was the best, great sense of humor.Special Features:
- Great placeRobertDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed The Melting Pot as a part of Orlando Magical Dining month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved IT!BendersDined on 9/13/2014It was great, our first time and we loved it. The staff were amazing and always anticipating your needs. It was very fun! At first I thought I have to cook my own food? What? However, it was easy and very enjoyable!!! Everyone should go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh Soo Good!RegularsVIPDined on 9/13/2014The Swiss Cheese Fondue is to die for. It's a meal in itself! The service is always top of the line and we appreciate how they always accomodate us and make notes on our particular preferences.Special Features:
- Great ServiceLuckyDined on 9/12/2014Ariel was very attentive and offered numerous choices. She knows her job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I get it. It's a schtick.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014If you love fondue, this is a great place to have it dining out. However, if you are more interested in dining out for a great meal, I would recommend choosing another area restaurant. If you are the latter, The Melting Pot will feel like a scam. The service was fantastic, and the venue is gorgeous! Make sure that the product is what you are after.Special Features:
- Over-rated poor experienceBobthedinerDined on 9/10/2014Not quite sure why this restaurant rates so highly on trip advisor. The booth we were given felt like a prison cell as high sided and facing a bare wall, this was not intimate or romantic as we felt totally isolated. Leaving the restaurant we did then notice better tables so perhaps we should have asked to move. None of the food was exceptional and there are far more reasonable restaurants serving much better food, Carrabbas, Longhorn to name a few. Would not recommend to friends think this is just a novelty idea which for us did not work on any level. It took us 25 minutes to get two glasses if water and the wine yo the table so not the best of starts.
- Great fondueBeachmdVIPDined on 9/9/2014Meal was a relaxing evening. Great meal. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Fun group birthday partyMariaDined on 9/8/20144 stars because service lagged a bit but we had a great time with fun food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iconic Night in a Great AtmosphereGaryDined on 9/7/2014Celebrating a milestone, we chose the Melting Pot. We will never regret it. The atmosphere was conducive for a couple celebrating a big night. The service was amazing. We had our server, a manager, and another employee come to our table to celebrate us and ensure all was well. It was our first time and we needed to be explained everything and we were with great detail. The service all around was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceVonIII28Dined on 9/7/2014Adam did an excellent job, we ordered the cheddar cheese fondue and smores dessert. Both were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Melting Pot!Hpksl2VIPDined on 9/7/2014We really enjoyed our visit to the Melting Pot, as we always do. We don't have a Melting Pot near where we live so we must travel at least two hours to visit one so the MP is always on our list of places to dine when we are traveling.Special Features:
- Great for fondue, Mediocre entreesFondueLoveDined on 9/6/2014Their cheese and chocolate fondues are AMAZINGLY yummy :) But I found that their entree options (where you cook your food items in a hot broth) were mediocre tasting; Maybe next time I'll opt for the oil option. It was difficult to gauge how long to cook specific meat items. I ended up overcooking the meat. Although the servers list you a suggested cooking time for the different meats at the beginning of your meal, it is difficult to memorize them all at once, and I don't want to have to continually ask the server what the cooking times are. I think they should have them printed on the back of their menu or have a list by the table. Shaq was awesome! Super friendly, had a great sense of humor and was very helpful :) We left full and happy!Special Features:
- A Fantastic Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014The Melting Pot offers a quiet, slow-paced extravagant exquisite dining. The menu is varied and the sauces and sides are scrumptious. Highly recommended for a special occasion or romantic evening getaway. Excellent service and outstanding quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time date nighttryingnewthingsDined on 9/4/2014My girlfriend and I only went to the melting pot because of the magical dining we had always wanted to go but its a little pricey for our budget so when we saw that it was only $33 per person we were very excited. Our server was Tatiana and she was amazing we told her that we had no idea what to do and she was extremely helpful with explaing all the choices. She checked on us enough to make sure we were ok but not to much to interrupt our night. Overall we were very satisfied with our night and will definitely be back for dessert and eventually for a whole meal even though it might not be till next years magical dining month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok.Foody18Dined on 9/4/2014Not my favorite restaurant. Quite pricey for the amount of raw food you get. Think I prefer traditional restaurants where I don't have to work for my dinner I guess. Our service was sub par. One of the plethora of forks on the table my $8 drink over right after I got it and it was never replaced but I was sure charged for it. I then had to ask for new forks. Then a new plate. THEN new napkins. Ridiculous. Not one of the better melting pot experiences. I'll stick to going for just cheese and chocolate.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceRoxyDined on 9/2/2014Went in for the magical dining, our server was amazing and as always the food was phenomenal always a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.