The Melting Pot - Orlando
7549 West Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/orlando/specials
- Phone: 4079031100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
We will be open at 12:00pm, for lunch, in December.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a large party room that can accommodate up to 36 guests and another private room that can seat up to 14 (great for birthdays). We also have a private lover's lane for an intimate dining experience for parties of two.
- Private Party Contact: Mark or Veronica, firstname.lastname@example.org 4079031100x
- Special Events: Want to make your special someone feel extra special? Celebration packages will be delivered to your table as a surprise!
Packages must be pre-ordered.
Balloon Package:A bouquet of balloons attached to your choice of milk, dark or white chocolate fondue waffers. Package also includes a picture of you and your guest(s) in a keepsake frame • $16
Rose Package:Two long stem roses in a glass vase and a picture of you and your guest(s) in a keepsake frame • $25
Rose Petal covered table $5
A word from The Melting Pot - Orlando
Orlando's favorite celebration restaurant. "The Melting Pot is pure entertainment," declares the NY Times. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a gathering of friends for a bridal or baby shower, Girl's Night Out, or birthday The Melting Pot has the recipe to make all your occasions special. Relax in our inviting,elegant atmosphere and let our attentive servers guide you through our selection of fondues, sauces and fine wines. Winner of an "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Melting Pot - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (78)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Staff went above and beyond to make our special night even more special!!! Upon arrival, we were greeted with a "Happy Anniversay" and escorted to a table on the end of a row where no one would be passing by. Very private. Our waiter was outstanding and didn't miss a beat. The manager came over at one point to wish us a Happy Anniversary and made sure all our needs were met. We even received an anniversary card from the staff. To top it all off, they gave us complimentary champage with dessert for a toast. It was truly a memorable evening!! I highly recommend The Melting Pot and will be going back for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeamazingDined on 9/14/2014I totally love this place. My first time, my husband is not easily impress, but this time he was totally amazed. I love the fact that we cook out own meal, it gave us the opportunity to interact with each other. The entire night we talk and not once the phone came out or any business conversation (which that's what normally happen).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastictnkerDined on 9/14/2014Fantastic in all ways -service-menu-choices-food-quailty- !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The best over all dining experience I've had. The food, staff, and ambiance all work marvelously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timesqueekyDined on 9/13/2014perfect in every way,server Cody was the best, great sense of humor.Special Features:
- Great placeRobertDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed The Melting Pot as a part of Orlando Magical Dining month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved IT!BendersDined on 9/13/2014It was great, our first time and we loved it. The staff were amazing and always anticipating your needs. It was very fun! At first I thought I have to cook my own food? What? However, it was easy and very enjoyable!!! Everyone should go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh Soo Good!RegularsVIPDined on 9/13/2014The Swiss Cheese Fondue is to die for. It's a meal in itself! The service is always top of the line and we appreciate how they always accomodate us and make notes on our particular preferences.Special Features:
- Great ServiceLuckyDined on 9/12/2014Ariel was very attentive and offered numerous choices. She knows her job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I get it. It's a schtick.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014If you love fondue, this is a great place to have it dining out. However, if you are more interested in dining out for a great meal, I would recommend choosing another area restaurant. If you are the latter, The Melting Pot will feel like a scam. The service was fantastic, and the venue is gorgeous! Make sure that the product is what you are after.Special Features:
- Over-rated poor experienceBobthedinerDined on 9/10/2014Not quite sure why this restaurant rates so highly on trip advisor. The booth we were given felt like a prison cell as high sided and facing a bare wall, this was not intimate or romantic as we felt totally isolated. Leaving the restaurant we did then notice better tables so perhaps we should have asked to move. None of the food was exceptional and there are far more reasonable restaurants serving much better food, Carrabbas, Longhorn to name a few. Would not recommend to friends think this is just a novelty idea which for us did not work on any level. It took us 25 minutes to get two glasses if water and the wine yo the table so not the best of starts.
- Great fondueBeachmdVIPDined on 9/9/2014Meal was a relaxing evening. Great meal. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Fun group birthday partyMariaDined on 9/8/20144 stars because service lagged a bit but we had a great time with fun food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iconic Night in a Great AtmosphereGaryDined on 9/7/2014Celebrating a milestone, we chose the Melting Pot. We will never regret it. The atmosphere was conducive for a couple celebrating a big night. The service was amazing. We had our server, a manager, and another employee come to our table to celebrate us and ensure all was well. It was our first time and we needed to be explained everything and we were with great detail. The service all around was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceVonIII28Dined on 9/7/2014Adam did an excellent job, we ordered the cheddar cheese fondue and smores dessert. Both were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Melting Pot!Hpksl2Dined on 9/7/2014We really enjoyed our visit to the Melting Pot, as we always do. We don't have a Melting Pot near where we live so we must travel at least two hours to visit one so the MP is always on our list of places to dine when we are traveling.Special Features:
- Great for fondue, Mediocre entreesFondueLoveDined on 9/6/2014Their cheese and chocolate fondues are AMAZINGLY yummy :) But I found that their entree options (where you cook your food items in a hot broth) were mediocre tasting; Maybe next time I'll opt for the oil option. It was difficult to gauge how long to cook specific meat items. I ended up overcooking the meat. Although the servers list you a suggested cooking time for the different meats at the beginning of your meal, it is difficult to memorize them all at once, and I don't want to have to continually ask the server what the cooking times are. I think they should have them printed on the back of their menu or have a list by the table. Shaq was awesome! Super friendly, had a great sense of humor and was very helpful :) We left full and happy!Special Features:
- A Fantastic Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The Melting Pot offers a quiet, slow-paced extravagant exquisite dining. The menu is varied and the sauces and sides are scrumptious. Highly recommended for a special occasion or romantic evening getaway. Excellent service and outstanding quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time date nighttryingnewthingsDined on 9/4/2014My girlfriend and I only went to the melting pot because of the magical dining we had always wanted to go but its a little pricey for our budget so when we saw that it was only $33 per person we were very excited. Our server was Tatiana and she was amazing we told her that we had no idea what to do and she was extremely helpful with explaing all the choices. She checked on us enough to make sure we were ok but not to much to interrupt our night. Overall we were very satisfied with our night and will definitely be back for dessert and eventually for a whole meal even though it might not be till next years magical dining month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok.Foody18Dined on 9/4/2014Not my favorite restaurant. Quite pricey for the amount of raw food you get. Think I prefer traditional restaurants where I don't have to work for my dinner I guess. Our service was sub par. One of the plethora of forks on the table my $8 drink over right after I got it and it was never replaced but I was sure charged for it. I then had to ask for new forks. Then a new plate. THEN new napkins. Ridiculous. Not one of the better melting pot experiences. I'll stick to going for just cheese and chocolate.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceRoxyDined on 9/2/2014Went in for the magical dining, our server was amazing and as always the food was phenomenal always a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner/Manager Marc is awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Great waitress, good food! Had i dining there, it was experience!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- First Time GuestRoneyDined on 9/1/2014This is the first time we enjoyed The Melting Pot on Sand Lake. We had been to the original restaurant a few times in Maitland before it closed. I love the new environment. More trendy, larger, didn't feel as closed in and better air circulation here---didn't smell like a kitchen at all! Would have appreciated having a larger table for the 4 of us, because one cooking pot was just too crowded and felt that I couldn't cook my food properly. Our family is very familiar with fondue cooking---a family tradition at the holidays. However, we have a separate pot for the seafood and one for the meats and veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night for Mommy & DaddyBobbitt222Dined on 8/30/2014We are parents of a 16 yr old and 3 yr old so date nights are few and far between. We had a great start to our evening at The Melting Pot as usual. The service and the food were great and Mommy loved the Love Martinis. Always confident in the evening when we go for fondue at the Dr. Phillips location.Special Features:
- overall a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014I enjoyewmy visit to the meeting pot, we were seated and serced right away. The food was delicious and freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeN1ckyDined on 8/22/2014I love this restaurant and decided to come here for my birthday its great as usual I don't know which I like best the cheese or the chocolate fondue! The six chocolate covered strawberries that they gave me were also very good and the staff are friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- I love the melting potLovemeltingpotDined on 8/10/2014Every time we go to the Orlando melting pot they are always so kind they make you feel like family! It's great special occasions are deff a must for that location!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Get Enough of the Cheese!RegularsVIPDined on 8/10/2014We love this Melting Pot! The management is top notch and the staff will bend over backwards to make sure you have what you need. The Traditional Swiss Cheese fondue is to die for and my son loves to fry his items in the oil himself! It's a great night that you can make quick by just having cheese & chocolate or take your time with a meat entree and all the fixins.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised.PamelaDined on 7/30/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate our anniversarybecause of a card we recieVed in the mail. I was skeptical of going to a fondue restaurant. We'll we were pleasantly surprised as our experience could not have been more enjoyable. Our server Shay was excellent. Her food recommendations were good choices for us. We enjoyed the food and ambiance. The overall dining experience from the usual restaurant experience of being served the cooked food exceeded our expectations. We would highly recommend this restaurant and will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeOmarDined on 7/26/2014Incredible from the moment I walked in to when I left. Great food great service great environment great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!DineloverDined on 7/25/2014Melting pot is always a great choice! Romantic for a date or a night out with your partner, and also very fun to go with the whole family for a special occasion! I love itSpecial Features:
- Great Deal, Food and ServiceDameon8888Dined on 7/21/2014Went in for the recent "Scrubs Night" promotion. Joining the email club for The Melting Pot is a great way to get access to awesome deals at an otherwise pricey restaurant. I normally save The Melting Pot for special occasions, but recent email deals have made it more affordable and practical for a random night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the dining.fonduefundiDined on 7/18/2014We had four ciurse option which was worth tge miney. The food was flavorsome and the variety was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality TimeKarenDined on 7/15/2014The food is delicious and you set the pace on dinner. I had dinner with my BFF that is a full time employee and mother of three. We enjoyed the meal and ability to catch up without feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotQueeniDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed celebrating my daughter turning 21. The food is always amazing, and the staff went out of their way to make sure my daughter was enjoying her evening.Special Features:
- good foodMandBDined on 7/5/2014Good food buy expect to pay for cooking the food yourself lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTablerDined on 7/4/2014My partner and I had a wonderful time. Food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic diningyummyinmytummyDined on 6/27/2014We've been to this location before and we would go again. Great fondue restaurant for romantic dining. The food is great; get the flaming turtle for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightDinnerDaterDined on 6/24/2014Went with my boyfriend for a celebration and we had a wonderful time. The couples booths are so cozy and romantic. We had the 4 course dinner and I could've done without the salad and the entree. My boyfriend loved the meat plate though. I would just go for cheese and dessert. Speaking of dessert, the chocolate fondue is absolutely amazing! This is a great place for a new experience and having some fun. It'd be great with bigger groups. But it was a cute date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerbrtvengDined on 6/23/2014Once again, awesome experience. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.