The Melting Pot - Orlando
7549 West Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/orlando/specials
- Phone: (407) 903-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
We will be open at 12:00pm, for lunch, in December.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a large party room that can accommodate up to 36 guests and another private room that can seat up to 14 (great for birthdays). We also have a private lover's lane for an intimate dining experience for parties of two.
- Private Party Contact: Mark or Veronica, email@example.com 4079031100x
- Special Events: Want to make your special someone feel extra special? Celebration packages will be delivered to your table as a surprise!
Packages must be pre-ordered.
Balloon Package:A bouquet of balloons attached to your choice of milk, dark or white chocolate fondue waffers. Package also includes a picture of you and your guest(s) in a keepsake frame • $16
Rose Package:Two long stem roses in a glass vase and a picture of you and your guest(s) in a keepsake frame • $25
Rose Petal covered table $5
A word from The Melting Pot - Orlando
Orlando's favorite celebration restaurant. "The Melting Pot is pure entertainment," declares the NY Times. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a gathering of friends for a bridal or baby shower, Girl's Night Out, or birthday The Melting Pot has the recipe to make all your occasions special. Relax in our inviting,elegant atmosphere and let our attentive servers guide you through our selection of fondues, sauces and fine wines. Winner of an "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Melting Pot - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (85)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (39)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best anniversary everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Staff went out of their way to make our anniversary perfect. Ask for Meghan!!!Special Features:
- Unbelievable Experience, yet again.Bailey5713Dined on 4/10/2014We went to The Melting Pot for my wife's birthday and the experience was amazing! Cody, our server, was fantastic! He was extremely knowledgeable on the expansive menu options and wine. Todd, who was the manager that night, was fantastic as well. Together, Cody, Todd and the rest of the staff had everything set up exactly as I had wanted. My wife had no idea what to expect and we arrived with a bottle of Luccio on the table and ended with the cake I had brought in earlier that day. Everything was delivered perfectly with the meals timed out flawlessly. Thank you again for the wonderful experience. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure.CeejayDined on 4/5/2014Our anniversary dinner was wonderful. We loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time....HillaryPDined on 4/4/2014This restaurant is always a sure hit for dates, family time and even groups.... Very flexible and the food is always amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceFlaswansDined on 3/22/2014We had good food and very good service, again, on Saturday. This is always a fun place to go for a celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fun for the familymichaelDined on 3/15/2014We had a good time and my 6 year old very much enjoyed it as well (though we were told this isn't always the case). The food was quite good as well. One item of note, if you have a younger child like us, they probably can't eat enough to warrant adding and extra serving to a cheese dish and the dessert one. There is no price for a child addition to these, and instead the up-charge is a full adult cost and portion (almost $10 in each case). We did it on the cheese and not the dessert, and found out we could have skipped it on the cheese. Still, a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family nightlumbertsDined on 3/13/2014We wanted to have a special dinner while our daughter was home from college for Spring Break. She had never been to The Melting Pot, so we decided to make reservations. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening. It gave us time to talk and also fun memories as we cooked together (and lost stuff in the pot!) While it is more expensive than the restaurants we usually visit, it was worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had great service and theTheCaptainDined on 3/4/2014Had great service and the food was tasty. We had a corner table booth that was a bit too small for all of the food and place settings. It was definitely a table for two. The parking situation leaves a lot to be desired but overall we had a good time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the restaurant is very hardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014the restaurant is very hard to find because there is no sign out front by the road. Parking over there is a nightmareSpecial Features:
- Perfect Birthday DinnerBrittDined on 2/26/2014I had another amazing experience with the Melting Pot for my birthday dinner. As a hospitality professional I understand the meaning of great service and it is rare that I find service to exceed my standards, but the Melting Pot went above and beyond to make my day special! The birthday card was such a nice touch that made my evening that much better. Our server, Sara, was so friendly and attentive all night! The manager was also very attentive to checking in on us and making sure our every need was met. The food was incredible like always. Thank you for making another birthday special for me. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!bairesmanDined on 2/25/2014Great place, my only recommendation is to not underestimate the amount of food, I ordered like I thought the cheese fondue was not going to be enough, at the end of the pot we were almost full, then the meats and desert! All great stuff, definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!RegularsVIPDined on 2/19/2014Always enjoy our meals nd incredible service at this Meltng Pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, drink and ambianceMLH1Dined on 2/17/2014The food, drink and ambiance was excellent as usual. Our server was outstanding. Can't remember her name but we were a party of 2 at 8:30 under the name "Williamson" on Monday the 17th. She was knowledgable and made excellent recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGidgetDined on 2/17/2014The steak lovers peppered meat was the most flavorful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service was great..NellieDined on 2/9/2014Food and Service was great.. and good with the kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot is GreatCri2014VIPDined on 2/8/2014We've already tasted FOUNDUE from Brazil, Italy, France and Switzerland and the Melting Pot is as good as the best one we have already found. Both the CHEESE option and the ENTRÉE options (meats, shrimp, chicken, fish) are very good.Special Features:
- birthday partypartylyfe23Dined on 2/8/2014We didn't get started until 30 minutes after our reservation dye to another large party leaving late.the staff kept us well informed and provided great service after we finally were seated. Great for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food - Phenomenal ServiceRebeccaNRobinsonDined on 2/8/2014It was my first time dining here and our server was absolutely phenomenal! He took the time to explain the "fondue experience" and was 100% engaging with our table. As it was an "experience", this is not somewhere I would go regularly, but rather for a special or specific occasion. Food was excellent, service was excellent - five stars all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightseddieBDined on 2/6/2014The Melting Pot on Sand Lake Road is a great place for a quiet, romantic evening. Although the place is fairly large, the booth is semi private and you and your special someone feel secluded and alone. I enjoy going and always have a great experience. This was the place for our first date and remains our Anniversary site.Special Features:
- The price of open cooking!BelgarathVIPDined on 2/4/2014Upon opening the door, the pungent odor of cleaning compounds, sets the aroma of the experience. This is heightened by the cross section of various foods being prepared in orchestra, not at all the pleasing smell of my normal dining experience. I am still wondering if it is a costly activity or is the pricing to ordering ratio so confusing that this is on the high end of $$$!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014It was interesting... but way overpriced... and although I had lobster it was rather disappointing! Think about it... lobster cooked in beef boullion.... doesn't sound very good does it... it wasn't! And the dipping sauces were all gross. .. all 6 of them. Oh even the butter for the lobster was some kind of butter sauce... also not good. Only thing that was good was the cheese fondue. Even the chocolate fondue was mediocre. And then we got the check.... way too much money. HUGE disappointment!Special Features:
- Ending on a high note!LorrieLovesCulinaryDined on 1/22/2014For a family who puts a strong emphasis on food...with only three nights of dining this would be our last night in Orlando...and we ended on a high note! Matt our server was 150%, the management who kept checking on us ws 150% and the unique method of cooking your own created coversation, laughter, flavors and fun! Loved every minute of it and so glad we chose to come visit as it made our last night a special one! We will look for one in our home town area and certainly make the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary FavoritericchiDined on 1/22/2014We took our 3 children on our Anniversary dinner and had not only great food but our favorite dinner night out with the kids. They tried foods they would never try at home and enjoyed the experience of fondue. Our server was wonderful! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I booked my reservation on-lineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014I booked my reservation on-line for 6:30.I went into the restaurant at 5:30 to see if I could change my reservation to 7:00.The hostesses told me that there was nothing else and they would only hold the table until 6:45 as that table was reserved for 8:30 and it takes about and hour and a half for dinner.When I left the restaurant, they told me that if anything changed they would call me.When they did not call me and it became clear that I was not going to make it my 6:45, we went to Plan B and went to Kobe's instead. At 8:30, I checked my phone and saw I had a missed call from The Melting Pot at 7:30 asking if we were on our way. If we had known that, we would have shown up at 7-but I did not want to risk not being able to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very fun experienceericka44VIPDined on 1/16/2014This restaurant is a must for the experience itself. However in addition to the experience, the food is good and the service was wonderful. The prices seemed very reasonable for what you get. I would definitely go back for the desserts alone!Special Features:
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014I heard about The Melting Pot before and found it in Orlando when I was looking for avaiable restaurants reserves in Open Table. We liked the food, the menu system ans service! Good place to go when in Orlando!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for couples or familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014Bring people who are special to you and expect a fun packed night! My girlfriend had never been and she's so eager to get back because of the great time we had. You don't have to go all out with your spending at this place to enjoy the good either. Any fondue four course experience is an exceptional meal provided by speedy, energetic, friendly service. Five stars. One of my all time faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialJohnCDined on 1/2/2014If you like fondue places, I suppose this is OK. This was an adults only family outing. I was overruled on the location. It seemed ridiculous that all of us had to have the same fondue dip. The rationale was that the table had only one burner and the fondue pot was too large for more than one pot per table. Here's a thought: Use smaller pots. Add to that a rather pricey menu for what you get. It all adds up to "No return".
- birthdaydutchDined on 12/24/2013My wife brought me here on the day that we flew in from Canada, we had to rush to make the reservation. They greeted us by the door and wished me a happy birthday. After they brought us to our seats they brought some balloons with a package attached to it. Also took some pictures for us. They guided us trough our meal and it was amazing and very tasty. Thanks again Melting pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerSmashcaliDined on 12/23/2013I took my boyfriend here on his birthday for the very first time and the whole exepericnce was amazing! Meghan was helpful and her knowledge about the menu helped us make our decision. The food was phenomenal! I will definitely come back and bring more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerDanielDined on 12/23/2013my daughter and I were visiting Orlando for the Christmas holiday. We were also celebrating her 26th birthday. The staff was very accomodating and attentive to our needs. Substitutions and modifications were easily taken care of to handle dietary and allergy considerations. Food quality was second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always get great serviceshawnDined on 12/20/2013We always get great service and the food has always been spot on. We bring the kids on special occasions for dessert as wellSpecial Features:
- Not authentic, quality fondueLaurentDDined on 12/14/2013I am surprised this place gets so many great reviews! Yes, the place is nice, good atmosphere, great waiters. BUT the food isn't great. We are French and we love authentic cheese fondues. The Swiss fondue cheese wasn't good at all, that had nothing to do with what an authentic European fondue should taste like! If you call yourself a Fondue restaurant, make sure you get quality cheese! We also took the pure dark chocolate fondue and the chocolate wasn't good quality or taste. It would be way tastier if we made those cheese and chocolate fondues at home with good quality ingredients! The only thing i liked were the dipping sauces for the meat. All 6 were good. But we won't be back!!
- GREAT EXPERIENCE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2013Love the Melting Pot! I have beeb to many, but Orlando is my favorite one! Excellent management, food anf service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceExquisiteeatzDined on 12/6/2013I chose to dine here for my 26th Birthday and I made the perfect decision. I'd heard so many amazing things about the restaurant so I wanted to see what the raving was about. From the moment you enter the doors until exiting the restaurant you are treated like first class. The ambience was amazing, food was to die for and the customer service was the creme De la creme. Everyone makes sure we were well attended to throughout our 2 hour experience. I will be going back for sure and would recommend it to anyone ! Best birthday ever! You won't regret the money spent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue experience in Orlando!SFvisitorVIPDined on 12/2/2013It was my birthday and as a small family gathering it was the best choice to celebrate my birthday at a very friendly place with delicious fondue experience. I recommend to get the 4 course experience, it may seem a lot at first but it will be just right and you will taste everything from cheeses, vegetables, lobster, shrimp and file mignon with the grand finale: Chocolate fondue!! Manager and our server where very helpful and made us feel very welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDiningoutDined on 11/30/2013Had not experienced Fondue in quite a few years. Melting Pot was a fun and different experience that we both enjoyed. We were celebrating a Birthday and they did a great job of giving us a quiet table, recognizing the Bday at arrival and during dinner the manager came with a signed card from the restaurant. Our server was Meghan and she was wonderful - she did a great job and contributed to make the night memorable. Love how I entered the comments in Opentable and the restaurant seamlessly executed the requests. Would recommend Melting Pot to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRaytheFoodieDined on 11/23/2013I took my girlfriend here for her bithday celebration because she loves desserts and has never been to this style of restaurant before. She truly enjoyed herself the portions were a delight, my favorite part was having the cheese fondue actually prepared at our table. very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wifes bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Definitely a place to take someone special. Excellent wait staff, and very well managed. The manager personally came out to wish us a happy bday!Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backJustJZinFlaVIPDined on 11/9/2013Not sure why we ever stopped going to the Melting Pot in the '90s, but this place is as great as any other on Restaurant Row, and we will be back soon! We went for my birthday, and we were treated like royalty. Everything was outstanding ... I highly recommend the pork tenderloin. The cheddar cheese with beer fondue appetizer might have been my favorite thing. Absolutely to-die-for. The white chocolate fondue dessert was out of this world, and even though we were so full we thought we'd burst, I couldn't stop eating it. This was my husband's first time at MP, and it had been decades for me. I don't know why. It's modern, and best of all it's FUN. Our dining partners/friends are vegans, and they had no trouble with the menu. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.