The Melting Pot - Myrtle Beach
5001 North Kings Highway Suite 104
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/myrtle-beach/specials
- Phone: 8436929003x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8436929003x
- Entertainment: Enhance your expierence with one of our fantastic celebration packages : The Rose package: Long stem Roses in a vase waiting at the table with a card and a digital picture taken during the dessert portion of the expierence and placed in a keepsake Melting Pot Frame, $20. Half Dozen $30, One Dozen $60..
Celebration Package: Melting Pot balloons and a picture with frame, $16.
A word from The Melting Pot - Myrtle Beach
The Melting Pot offers a unique and interactive dining experience in a casual elegant atmosphere. It's the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party, or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of 4 flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of entree selections combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salad, fine wines and mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Please call directly for parties of 5 or more.....
Please call directly for parties of 5 or more.....
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Myrtle Beach - Best Restaurants in Myrtle Beach ›
The Melting Pot - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (55)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Go at least once!KatieBDined on 8/15/2014This was my first melting pot experience and I really enjoyed it. We did a four course dinner and I had a few vodka martinis that were made very well. The caprese salad, quattro formaggio were my favorite parts until we go to the chocolate....the smores one was AWESOME. I will be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner!MTWGOPDined on 8/10/2014Our dinner experience was excellent. My 6 year old daughter had a great time cooking and eating the food. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and for the second year in a row she chose The Melting Pot. The food was fantastic and we had fun too.Special Features:
- romantic dinnerjanemary8Dined on 8/7/2014Loved the meal, service, and they even put a rose on our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as alwayschrisDined on 7/30/2014great food and great service - the price is steep but totally worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DelightDBN4Dined on 7/26/2014This was the first time we dined at the Melting Pot since it opened nearly 20 years ago. It lived up to our expectations for a quiet, private, romantic dining experience. Having alerted them to our anniversary celebration may have accounted for the booth in the back, in the corner with absolutely no traffic passing our table, excellent!! The table/booth for two is a bit small, but lends to a very romantic setting, we were fine with it. We added on the 3 roses in a vase on the table (you take home) and a nice photo in a contemporary frame for $20, nice touch. The food was great, we had the fiesta app, four course meal special for two with filet, sirloin, lobster, chicken, and ravioli, and the yin yang for dessert. Great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb....Outstanding....DelightfulCal202Dined on 7/25/2014It is one of kind type dining. It is truly a wonderful experience. The food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014Loved!! Had a wonderful experience!! Food was awesome & service was great!! Lots of fun!! Can't wait to return, which we'll probably be doing within the next month!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great date night in MB.erinlizzDined on 7/23/2014Great food, great drinks, great atmosphere. Fun experience. We've been there before, and will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticanonymousDined on 7/21/2014Great atmosphere for intimate conversations and the chocolate is awesome. Very enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyJeffDined on 7/21/2014Todd was our server. He was very kind and gave us just the right amount of conversation. Ask him about the curriaki! Managers introduced themselves and let us know they were there should we need anything. I requested at my reservation, a secluded spot, and that is what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Josh was amazing! He made the experience awesome for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBniceDined on 7/11/2014The staff was great and I couldn't have picked a better spot for our 2nd anniversary. The food was great it was truly a unique experience and I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceBallboyDined on 7/8/2014Server did an excellent job. The only reason not 5 stars is a screaming 2 year old.Special Features:
- Amazing waiterMeltpotloverDined on 7/7/2014We go to the melting pot any time we are on vacation and this last visit was the best ever. Our waiter was funny and very prompt. I even think he had fun with us. If we go back we will request to have him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualSjprice68Dined on 7/6/2014My family has been to several Melting Pots across the U.S. and have loved everyone of them. This one in Myrtle Beach is awesome as well. The wait staff are great, the environment is quiet and the Fondue is just fun. Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- CrstrickDined on 7/5/2014The food was amazing and the service was excellent! It was an amazing first time experience for my fiancé and I. We plan on going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best place to dine on the beachMonteKernDined on 7/3/2014As a local myself and my wife being a native to the area, this is by far the best dining experience we have ever had on the grand strand. We have continued to visit at least once a year for the past 10 years on our anniversary and any other occasion we can find an excuse to visit. The service is always professional, consistent and attentive. This is the perfect place to step outside your normal restaurant choices and experience something special. I highly recommend the melting pot as a locals signature favorite and all around best dining experience on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- btaylor>aylorluv2dipDined on 6/28/2014Very nice place to eat. Was the first time we have every been. Really enjoyed the food and the chance to try something differenet. Waitress was very nice and very helpful. You get alot of food and chooses.I would go back again. Really Really enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Always great experienceJonsaltDined on 6/27/2014We have been eating at The Melting Pot for years ( in several locations), and they have always been consistently good! This one was no exception.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014The dining experience is truly unique, and there are plenty of delicious options to modify the meal to your specific desire! Romantic for the couple and fun for the family. Service was excellent as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014My wife and I recently dined at the Melting Pot for our wedding anniversary. It has become our go to spot for romantic dinners. You can't beat the atmosphere for a quiet, and special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceLv2eatDined on 6/15/2014It had been several years since our last to The Melting Pot and the return visit did not disappoint. The food was very good and the ambiance was excellent. It is a great place to go for a special occasion or with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014It was my first time going and Great experience for any and everyone! We plan on going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and Fun!DieHardNYYFanDined on 6/14/2014I took my two youngest daughters (6 & 8) out to the Melting Pot in Myrtle Beach and boy did they have fun. We had an excellent waitress who helped walk us through the ordering process as this was our first time eating fondue. It also helped that there was a woman and her son in the booth across from us that were also very helpful. We ended up playing it very safe by getting the Surf & Sea for two which allowed us to get a little bit of everything and really enjoy the experience. We opted for the Spinach and Artichoke as our cheese fondue because the kids have always loved that as a dip. The basic broth with steak, chicken and shrimp was perfect for us and then the dessert, that spectacular chocolate fondue, well, that made the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014The greeter was sarcastic and started the evening off on the wrong foot. After an initial negative impression, its hard to bounce back.Special Features:
- amazingchrisDined on 6/7/2014This was our first trip a melting pot and it was amazing. Dan our server was the best and made our experience that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014I would anticipate that most people seeking to dine at the Melting Pot are already familliar with their dining concepts, given that they are a chain restaurant. The menu offered at this location is the same as that offered elsewhere - that being said, however, it does include a variety of meats, seafoods, and other items that you can prepare at your leisure. Food is tasty, service was fantastic (we were moved away from a particularly noisy crowd without even having to ask), ambience is very pleasant, and the dining experience overall is both fun and enjoyable. While The Melting Pot may NOT be the pinnacle of haute cuisine, it IS a wonderful place to enjoy a very nice, unique, and romantic meal while visitng the area. We'll be back!Special Features:
- amazingluv2fondueDined on 5/31/2014First experience ever at the melting pot had an amazing time. Service was over the top, food was outstanding, and restaurant was beautiful. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...JwallyDined on 5/16/2014I would only go for dessert or for an early evening appetizer. The main course is mediocre at best. You basically boil the flavor out of tiny overpriced cuts of cheap meat. Save your money and eat elsewhere first and enjoy chocolate here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner, average servicefoodieactorDined on 5/11/2014We have dined at this location many times, and our reason for this visit was celebrating Mother's Day. The meal was delicious as always. We opted for the Mother's Day special, which provided an array of meats in the entree course, as well as cheese, salad, and desert courses. Holidays are typically busy, but we were able to make a reservation day of, and the restaurant was not crowded. However, despite all of these great things, our service was only average. When I'm paying $100 for two people, I expect exceptional service. Our glasses sat empty for at least 10 minutes and our server was not very attentive. I have had much better service here on all of my other visits. But besides that, my mom and I had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJennTDined on 5/3/2014This place is great. A bit pricey, so we opted for the lunch special, which was much more afordable. It was a great experience, the kids loved it and the food was great. Our waitress Jackie was awesome and so was the manager Josh. If you are plannng on spending 60.00 or more, join thei Melting Pot club and you will get a half a dozen chocolate covered strawberries free. Mention it when you make your reservation because they make them fresh and they take about 20 minutes to makeSpecial Features:
- 1st Time, Will not be LastMrzBossy87Dined on 5/2/2014The food and service were both awesome. Our server took the time to explain everything to us since it was our first time. If you are looking for some place, different and delicious, this is definitely the place to go. 5 stars!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 582 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Myrtle Beach reviews archive.
- G's dadGsDadDined on 4/18/2014We had a wonderful time --- we celebrated our daughter's 21st birthday. She had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014We went to the Melting Pot for a Sunday lunch. It was another great experience at the Melting Pot. The food was as always delicious. The service was excellent. Our server was informed on all of the items on the menu and very helpful and attentive. We expect to have a relaxing experience when we are at the Melting Pot and we received the very best of service in a very relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary at the Melting Pot this past weekend. The stellar service started before we ever arrived with a phone call confirming my online reservation. The manager called to tell me that a special table had been reserved, per my request, that was the best seat in the house for a romantic evening. He also offered to have rose petals placed on the table, with one long stem rose, for a very minimal fee. Just the right touch for the night! Our server was great, he was very knowledgeable and helped us with the menu, as it was our first time at he Melting Pot. The food was DELICIOUS and the evening could not have gone any better. I highly recommend the Melting Pot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can I go back yet?Winkeyface18Dined on 4/5/2014I loved my time here. They were amazing about my fatal peanut/nut allergy, and made me not even have to worry about it! I could not have asked for a better date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!Nikki01Dined on 4/5/2014Food was delicious! Nick was our waiter and he was awesome! Highly recommend to couples looking for a romantic date night. It is expensive but if you only go once, it'll be worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a great timeCal202Dined on 3/27/2014We have been to 5 different Melting Pot's on the East Coast. This one rates number 2....just slightly behind Jacksonville, Fl location. If you like fondues or want a place for special occasions this is the place to go. The staff is friendly and attentive, the atmosphere is delightful and the food is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four Stars for the Melting PotChrisDined on 3/15/2014The Melting Pot is by far our favorite place to celebrate special occasions. Everything about our dinning experience was fantastic. Hats off to the Melting Pot in Myrtle Beach for making my twenty fifth wedding anniversary wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We shall returnCareDined on 3/11/2014We had a great experience at The Melting Pot last year while vacationing in Myrtle Beach, so we thought we would try it again. So glad we did! Our server, Tommy, made an excellent wine suggestion, along with the perfect three-course recommendations for our family of five. The restaurant was very respectful of the fact that one of our children has a peanut allergy; we had no issues whatsoever. Family favorites: fiesta cheese fondue and the s'mores chocolate fondue. The atmosphere, service, wine and food were all top notch. We shall return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.