The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
80 South 9th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/minneapolis/specials
- Phone: 6123389900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Chocolate Fondue Fountain can be rented for your next event! We also provide catering options for select charity events.
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for a great place to host your family gathering, corporate party, friends outing, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, bachelor and bachelorette parties, grooms dinner or wedding reception? Sir Things Up at the Melting Pot where group dining can be as fun or formal as your occasion requires. We feature private and semi private dining areas that seat 8 to 200 guests, expert service, customizable menus, and interactive dining....all the ingredients you need to make a lasting impression! Ask to speak to our Group Sales Manager 612.338.9900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and start planning your special night!
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 6123389900
- Entertainment: Great stage area for any size band if you would like to book for your private party! Live Band for Special Occasions (i.e. New Years Eve)
- Special Events: Become a Fan of the Melting Pot on Facebook and be the first to hear about our upcoming special events. Or join our Club Fondue and receive e-mails about new promotions. You also receive a Free Chocolate for 2 just for signing up!!
A word from The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
The Melting Pot can turn any occasion into a truly unforgettable experience. From intimate proposals to large gatherings, our distinctive atmosphere and delectable fondue provide exceptional dining for parties of any size. Anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, date nights, rehearsal dinners, you name it, The Melting Pot experience can really Stir Things Up and make your outing remarkably special.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (237)romantic (178)good for groups (114)fit for foodies (100)notable wine list (57)hot spot (37)late-night find (21)great for lunch (21)kid-friendly (19)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Good Food - LONG processOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014I had wanted to try The Melting Pot for quite a while now and decided to go there for my birthday this week. While we really enjoyed the food and the activity.....it took ENTIRELY too long (for no reason)! We were there for 3 hours! Each course was fabulous, but the time between course was the problem! Our waiter even had an assistant, but they could not seem to coordinate the change in courses.... each time the assistant would bring the next pot, turn it on, and after we waited for at least 20 minutes our waiter would say the put was not hot enough and he needed to turn it up. Really? This is the point of the restaurant.....multiple courses with "Melting Pots".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a one time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014I would not go here again.It is about the experience...not really the food.I ordered the 4 course meal. The cheese course was fair to good. I was expecting better quality cheese for the price vs shredded cheese. The salads were something I think I would have found at a diner.Caprese salad was good. They need to bring the balsamic glaze up a notch. I got the steak lovers. It was very good. I didn't find any grizzle or weird things as I was eating it. The chocolate was okay.It was very expensive for what you got & the quality was standard.There are just too may other great places to go to to try.We spent 150 for 2 meals with tax, tip & 3 drinks.Expect to pay a lot,you are worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratory DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014Great place to celebrate milestone events - the waitstaff made everyone at the table feel pampered, and celebrated right along with us with well wishes and fun conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We went there for are 7 year anniversary.It was very good ,but also very expensive.Special Features:
- ExcellentKZ22Dined on 10/24/2014This place never fails to serve us well, consistent fresh food to cook and consistent excellent service, tip: you need to reserve 2 weeks in advanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary20yearsinloveDined on 10/24/2014My husband surprised me with a romantic dining experience for our 20th anniversary. We had a very wonderful intimate evening . It was just perfect all the way around and would recommend this to anyone celebrating a special event or asking someone to marry you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the experienceNumNumDined on 10/24/2014The hostess made us laugh. The waiter was highly experienced and walked us through the whole thing. Our group of four was impressed with the food choices. Dessert was my personal favorite. I would recommend the Melting Pot for special occasions. It is a bit pricy for just any old day - our check was around $200 for four with tax and tip on the fall special. Comfy, clean, friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I was excited to try this restaurant during restaurant week, where the price was slightly more affordable. I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but everything was very mediocre. You don't get much meat for cooking, and their "signature sauces" are all boring and generic. There just wasn't much flavor to anything. Plus, it still ended up being a $100 dinner only with one glass of wine. If you're craving fondue, spend the money on some quality cuts of meat and a good bottle of wine and just do it at home. Thumbs down.Special Features:
- Always satisfiedHappyrents30Dined on 10/23/2014Not once have I left the Melting Pot feeling frustrated with the price I paid. Service is always top notch and the food is decadent. With great specials to keep the cost down for those who prefer not to have a large bill, I would recommend the Melting Pot to a variety of people and across age groups.Special Features:
- Good as usualworldcupguyDined on 10/22/2014Another good experience for Restaurant Week. The menu changed a bit, with a salad instead of cheese fondue, which was a little disappointing. Otherwise, it was a nice meal!Special Features:
- Wedding Anniversaryluvs2eatDined on 10/22/2014The wife and I had a great time. There was a mix up with our food but it was fixed in no time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doing it once is enoughStPaulfoodieDined on 10/21/2014The food was good, but I only would have to go once. It's fondue, how many times do you really need to spend $150 on fondue for two? I would say try it out because it was a fun spot to have a nice little date night. But if you want to get a group together spend $60 on three pots, $40 on whatever foods look good and for $100 you could host a fun/unique party.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Waiter was the highlight with suggestions, what to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!VeryfullandhappyDined on 10/19/2014Everything was great! We know we will be back! It's a really fun experience and nothing like any other restaurants I've been to. The service is amazing as well! And make sure if you get dessert (which you need to!) that you know you can ask for more of your favorites to dip in the chocolate! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Melting Pot. The food was delicious, our waitress was great and attentive, and it made for a great night out. We have been to another Melting Pot location before and it was even better than we remembered as they had changed how the four course meal worked. The manager took time to stop at each table and say hello, even had learned from our waitress we had been to the Omaha location and stopped to ask about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!happycustomersDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I had an amazing time! It was quiet, romantic, dark, and the food was phenomenal. We will definitely come again for another date night in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMcLuvinDined on 10/16/2014i went here on a date with my girlfriend. We sat at our own individual booth with no view of anyone else in the resturant. Very private and romantic. The server was very nice and outgoing. Overall a great experience. P.S. The desert is the BOMBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nofoodiehereDined on 10/15/2014This is a great place to go for a special occasion. The food is delicious, and it is such a fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always thrilledcleoeyesDined on 10/15/2014My daughter and I have always loved our trips to city, especially when The Melting Pot is on the Agenda. we had a great time, great food and service staff was awesome. glad we get to do this once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was terribleDisappointedDined on 10/12/2014We had a man who wasn't the greatest to our group. We felt like we were wasting his time by being there to eat. He served us the wrong chocolate and never came over to us to ask how things were or if we wanted more or something. It was either the boss or manager that finally came over to help us. Rediculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but PriceyShanghaiMaryDined on 10/12/2014We had a fantastic waiter and it was fun doing the fondue thing but for 3 of us it was 180.00 and that was having only one beer. Would only go back for cheese and desert not the full tilt.Special Features:
- perfect as alwayscraftyriversDined on 10/11/2014I've always had a good experience at the melting pot, and this was no exception. I reserved dinner for two to celebrate my niece's golden birthday. They pulled out all the stops and really made her feel special. Big thanks to Kevin for making her night even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceMurphy356Dined on 10/11/2014Fondue Style service, very pleasent experience overall, not a typical dinning experience, staff took time to explain cooking method, times, choice of oils etc and menu. Food is basic stuff to stick in a hot pot of oil, but lots of fun with a small group. The meal its self becomes part of the dinning experience and guest interact beyond simple conversation. Perhaps a little pricey, but not that bad. We made the mistake of going during the Zombie Pub Crawl event and parking was a bit of an issue, but would certainly go again and would recommend it. I think on a cool and snowy Minneapolis night this would be a perfect dinner spot.Special Features:
- DateNightDined on 10/9/2014Some what lack luster experience. If you're looking for an uncommon dining experience, then it's probably a reasonable fit.
- BirthdaylysumDined on 10/8/2014They really made me feel special on my 50th brithday!Special Features:
- Melting pot melts our hearts!meltmyheartDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I visited the Melting Pot-Minneapolis for our 20th wedding anniversary! Our waitress was AWESome, very friendly, happy, quick witted and on the spot service! She was honest with her recommendations and we ordered as she suggested and everything was perfect! My ONLY complaint is that there was an odor in the air for part of our visit that was very bad, not sure if it was seafood or one of the spices or the cooking top but my husband and I almost asked to try a different table d/t the horrific odor. Thankfully it waned and we were able to enjoy our meal :)Special Features:
- DeliciousDined on 10/4/2014just awesome food! the seafood, (Salmon, ahi ahi tuna and shrimp) to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun with friendsstamper1004Dined on 9/30/2014we had a girls lunch with the cheese and chocolate...great fun! : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedmplsdinerDined on 9/28/2014My daughter wanted to celebrate her birthday at the Melting Pot. I have been wanting to try this restaurant for years now so I booked a reservation for a Sunday afternoon. While the experience was fun for the kids, I would never go back. The steak was very tough and chewy, even the filet mignon. The oil got disgusting halfway through the meal, we should have ordered 2 pots of that along with the broth. The chocolate fondue was a disappointment as well. I thought the overall experience was not up to par for the amount of money we spent and it took over 3 hours before we got out of there.Special Features:
- Love this Restaurant! GF FriendlyAmandaVIPDined on 9/27/2014I love this restaurant and they are very gluten free friendly. The food is amazing and being gluten free I don't feel I'm missing out. They have gluten free bread with the dippers for the cheese course and gluten free brownies and cake with the dessert course. I think the food here is excellent and I love the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st wedding anniversaryLinus2075Dined on 9/27/2014We chose to go to the melting pot for our 1 year wedding anniversary and had a wonderful experience! We were even given take home dipped strawberries for later! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014For the price, I do not consider this a place I'd recommend to friends. This was our first visit to restraunt- many choices to make, our server was impatient and snapped at us. The food tastes good- but there's too many other better places in town that are better for the price.Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceFirstFonduersDined on 9/21/2014We went to The Melting Pot to celebrate my wife's birthday / our recent wedding anniversary and could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. This had been something we wanted to do for some time and finally just took it in. The staff was extremely helpful for first-timers like us in regards for what to expect, help with the menu and overall how the cooking process works. The food was outstanding for all four courses and we even had a private booth where we could have great conversation and fun making and enjoying portions of our meal. Would for sure recommend the experience to others and to join their rewards program, Club Fondue, for nice deals and incentives.Special Features:
- Our favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/21/2014We go here for our anniversary every year and usually for each of our birthdays. This visit we had slow service. We felt like it was a lot of time in between each course. Some may like that, but we kept feeling like we almost wanted to skip the next course to get done quicker. We usually don't experience this.Special Features:
- Took Too longprocessDined on 9/21/2014We had a new server ( she kept telling us she was new several times) which was OK, but our meal last 3 and half hours. It took way tooo long and we were getting impatient with the entire process. We had been there many times prior and had never been that long and drung out. That was the only bad thing - the length of the meal. Otherwise the meal was great! The server was friendly, but she stressed too much she was NEW!Special Features:
- Fun ExperiencethetpDined on 9/20/2014Good food, good atmosphere, fun time; but, nothing specifically special about the place.Special Features:
- intimateanniezDined on 9/20/2014I like the fact the tables were so intimate! Felt like we were by ourselves. Didn't see other diners. Food is fun and good.Special Features:
- Fun dining experience!JessDined on 9/19/2014Definitely a different dining experience! Great service and good food! Had so much fun celebrating my husband's birthday here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different!NMarieDined on 9/17/2014While I would not recommend Melting Pot for dinner, since I don't think the portion sizes for meats warrant the prices, I love the idea of stopping in for the cheese and/or chocolate courses before a night out on the time or whenever you're hungry, but not enough for a full meal. The fact that there's unlimited bread & veggies is a total bonus! Tip: try the apples dipped in chocolate, sprinkled with a very small amount of sea saltSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fondue restaurantAlexDined on 9/14/2014That'sounds the place in Minneapolis, if you want a fondue restaurant. I recommend Bourg onese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.