The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
80 South 9th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/minneapolis/specials
- Phone: (612) 338-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Chocolate Fondue Fountain can be rented for your next event! We also provide catering options for select charity events.
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for a great place to host your family gathering, corporate party, friends outing, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, bachelor and bachelorette parties, grooms dinner or wedding reception? Sir Things Up at the Melting Pot where group dining can be as fun or formal as your occasion requires. We feature private and semi private dining areas that seat 8 to 200 guests, expert service, customizable menus, and interactive dining....all the ingredients you need to make a lasting impression! Ask to speak to our Group Sales Manager 612.338.9900 or email email@example.com and start planning your special night!
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 6123389900
- Entertainment: Great stage area for any size band if you would like to book for your private party! Live Band for Special Occasions (i.e. New Years Eve)
- Special Events: Become a Fan of the Melting Pot on Facebook and be the first to hear about our upcoming special events. Or join our Club Fondue and receive e-mails about new promotions. You also receive a Free Chocolate for 2 just for signing up!!
A word from The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
The Melting Pot can turn any occasion into a truly unforgettable experience. From intimate proposals to large gatherings, our distinctive atmosphere and delectable fondue provide exceptional dining for parties of any size. Anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, date nights, rehearsal dinners, you name it, The Melting Pot experience can really Stir Things Up and make your outing remarkably special.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (230)romantic (176)good for groups (111)fit for foodies (98)notable wine list (48)hot spot (32)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (20)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014A very fun venue and experience with the four course fondue. Plan on 2-3 hours with great service. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded My Expectations!FromALocalDined on 11/24/2014We came for my daughter's 11th birthday and the service was outstanding. The menu has been changed so that everyone orders the entrée they want which is awesome. The coat check, the management circulating to ensure all is well, the relaxed pace of the meal, the thoroughness of our server (Abraham) all added up to a memorable, fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014I had gone to The Melting Pot once before and really enjoyed myself. So much that I wanted to go to it for my birthday. But as that day approached, I began to wonder if the novelty would had worn off. Thankfully, it did not. The Melting Pot still met my expectations as a wonderful meal. Our table did the 4 course meal. As our first course, we decided to play it safe and go for the Cheddar fondue. Simplicity is not always burning however, as the flavors of the different cheeses blended and complimented the crisp lager used with it. The Salad course was... well... Salad. Nothing too crazy and exciting there. For the Entree Cooking Style, we decided to go with the oil with batter. I decided to have the Steak Lovers entree. The 3 varieties of steak were each prepared differently and had amazing flavors to them. While I missed some variety (Note: I want an entree that has no seafood, but has steak and chicken!), the steak was very good. Finally, we settled on a S'mores dessert fondue. I have to say, while this was good, it felt a little heavy for a dessert. The only downside for the evening was the inattentive server. There were many times our tables drinks were empty, and times when we had to wait because the server forgot something. Overall though, it was an enjoyable experience and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeplowmanDined on 11/22/2014Came to visit again, for wife's 30th birthday. Always fun to come with another couple. Food is always awesome and servers are great too. I always find it busy and a little loud...just me, but I like it quiet. Most people probably won't mind this kind of atmosphere. Pricey, but for that, you get quite a bit of food, drinks and entertainment (in cooking it yourself). Was a good time as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot - MinneapolisSam1121Dined on 11/22/2014I have been wanting to go to the Melting Pot for years! I currently live in St. Cloud and do not get to the cities that often. My boyfriend and I decided to finally try it out for our 5 year anniversary. WORTH THE WAIT AND THE DRIVE! We were a half hour early for our reservation and were sat right away. They tucked us into a small private booth making us feel like the only guests in the restaurant, and the service was remarkable. I've now bragged the past two days about our dinner. I cannot wait to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutSherDined on 11/21/2014Fantastic dining experience for my group of girlfriends. We shared wine along with lots of laughter. Our waitress was extremely helpful. Described in detail the flavors of each blend. It helped us make our decision on each course. She was spot on with our selections. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/16/2014Fun place for a special family dinner--but a bit spendy ($300+ for family of 6) for what you get. Also, if you go, book it as a full evening--this is not a fast food experience, nor should it be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceAmvibeDined on 11/15/2014Our waiter was fun, knowledgable, efficient, and helpful. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experience but...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014I feel like the Melting Pot has changed their focus from a high end expensive restaurant to a more affordable lower quality place. Perhaps you can only charge that much for so long. The quality has definitely fallen off over the last 10 years or so. With that said, it is a unique dining experience that you can't really get anywhere else. It is fun every no and then for something fun and different but don't expect the meal of your life. You are there for the experience, not the meal itself (sort of like Teppanyaki without the flying knives).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We go to the melting pot for my birthday every year. Every year it is amazing. This year was no different, the food was incredible, and our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitorJesseDined on 11/15/2014Our waiter, Jesse, was absolutely great! He does an outstanding job at ehat he does! I was thoroughly impressed with his ability to keep us happy and intrigued!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great first time visit. Our waiter was extremely helpful and informative and make the whole experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The food and drinks were wonderful. Loved the whiskey flight. We could see the kitchen from our booth and that wasn't a very pleasant view but our server was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best way to celebrate a birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014A group of friends of us went to the Melting Pot for dinner on Saturday night. The service was fantastic - Zachary was so fun to have as a waiter. He made the experience a good one without hovering. As only one of us had been there before, we weren't sure of the whole process and he helped us tremendously with recommending what cheeses to try, helping us to decide on which entrees to order and how they would impact the flavor of the broth everything was cooking in, and even giving us some guidance on which of the chocolate fondues were better than others. When going, make sure you leave yourself plenty of time as we were there for about 3 hours for the whole dining experience. It's such a fun way to interact with everyone while eating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Good food . good service. wildly expensive. Music too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous service... great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014My kids love this place and they didn't disappoint! Wakim was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to remember!HappyTummyDined on 11/5/2014I surprised my friend with a birthday dinner and the entire staff at the Melting Pot was great! My friend has many food allergies and our server Lindsey and Manager, Jared were both attentive and considerate with making sure we both had an exceptional food dining experience! I highly recommend this place if you care about customer service along with great food! We were truly spoiled! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!Special Features:
- A Truly Unique ExperienceSeanADined on 11/1/2014This isn't your typical restaurant. Whether you go all out with the four course meal or decide to do it a la carte the Melting Pot is an experience unlike any other in the Twin Cities area. It's perfect with friends or for a romantic evening out. There is plenty to choose from on the menu whether you're interested in food from land or sea. This is a must on any foodies list of places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerKK88Dined on 10/31/2014Food was great, experience was something new, staff was pleasant and helpful even though we were a half an hour late for our reservation ( don't bother trying to park on the street, find a ramp) Restaurant was modern and clean, we sat in a booth facing the street so we had a great view of the city buildings lit up at night.Special Features:
- Good Food - LONG processOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014I had wanted to try The Melting Pot for quite a while now and decided to go there for my birthday this week. While we really enjoyed the food and the activity.....it took ENTIRELY too long (for no reason)! We were there for 3 hours! Each course was fabulous, but the time between course was the problem! Our waiter even had an assistant, but they could not seem to coordinate the change in courses.... each time the assistant would bring the next pot, turn it on, and after we waited for at least 20 minutes our waiter would say the put was not hot enough and he needed to turn it up. Really? This is the point of the restaurant.....multiple courses with "Melting Pots".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a one time experienceHonestreviewDined on 10/25/2014I would not go here again.It is about the experience...not really the food.I ordered the 4 course meal. The cheese course was fair to good. I was expecting better quality cheese for the price vs shredded cheese. The salads were something I think I would have found at a diner.Caprese salad was good. They need to bring the balsamic glaze up a notch. I got the steak lovers. It was very good. I didn't find any grizzle or weird things as I was eating it. The chocolate was okay.It was very expensive for what you got & the quality was standard.There are just too may other great places to go to to try.We spent 150 for 2 meals with tax, tip & 3 drinks.Expect to pay a lot,you are worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratory DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014Great place to celebrate milestone events - the waitstaff made everyone at the table feel pampered, and celebrated right along with us with well wishes and fun conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We went there for are 7 year anniversary.It was very good ,but also very expensive.Special Features:
- ExcellentKZ22Dined on 10/24/2014This place never fails to serve us well, consistent fresh food to cook and consistent excellent service, tip: you need to reserve 2 weeks in advanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary20yearsinloveDined on 10/24/2014My husband surprised me with a romantic dining experience for our 20th anniversary. We had a very wonderful intimate evening . It was just perfect all the way around and would recommend this to anyone celebrating a special event or asking someone to marry you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the experienceNumNumDined on 10/24/2014The hostess made us laugh. The waiter was highly experienced and walked us through the whole thing. Our group of four was impressed with the food choices. Dessert was my personal favorite. I would recommend the Melting Pot for special occasions. It is a bit pricy for just any old day - our check was around $200 for four with tax and tip on the fall special. Comfy, clean, friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I was excited to try this restaurant during restaurant week, where the price was slightly more affordable. I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but everything was very mediocre. You don't get much meat for cooking, and their "signature sauces" are all boring and generic. There just wasn't much flavor to anything. Plus, it still ended up being a $100 dinner only with one glass of wine. If you're craving fondue, spend the money on some quality cuts of meat and a good bottle of wine and just do it at home. Thumbs down.Special Features:
- Always satisfiedHappyrents30Dined on 10/23/2014Not once have I left the Melting Pot feeling frustrated with the price I paid. Service is always top notch and the food is decadent. With great specials to keep the cost down for those who prefer not to have a large bill, I would recommend the Melting Pot to a variety of people and across age groups.Special Features:
- Good as usualworldcupguyDined on 10/22/2014Another good experience for Restaurant Week. The menu changed a bit, with a salad instead of cheese fondue, which was a little disappointing. Otherwise, it was a nice meal!Special Features:
- Wedding Anniversaryluvs2eatDined on 10/22/2014The wife and I had a great time. There was a mix up with our food but it was fixed in no time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doing it once is enoughStPaulfoodieDined on 10/21/2014The food was good, but I only would have to go once. It's fondue, how many times do you really need to spend $150 on fondue for two? I would say try it out because it was a fun spot to have a nice little date night. But if you want to get a group together spend $60 on three pots, $40 on whatever foods look good and for $100 you could host a fun/unique party.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Waiter was the highlight with suggestions, what to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!VeryfullandhappyDined on 10/19/2014Everything was great! We know we will be back! It's a really fun experience and nothing like any other restaurants I've been to. The service is amazing as well! And make sure if you get dessert (which you need to!) that you know you can ask for more of your favorites to dip in the chocolate! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightmeltingpot1018Dined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Melting Pot. The food was delicious, our waitress was great and attentive, and it made for a great night out. We have been to another Melting Pot location before and it was even better than we remembered as they had changed how the four course meal worked. The manager took time to stop at each table and say hello, even had learned from our waitress we had been to the Omaha location and stopped to ask about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!happycustomersDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I had an amazing time! It was quiet, romantic, dark, and the food was phenomenal. We will definitely come again for another date night in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMcLuvinDined on 10/16/2014i went here on a date with my girlfriend. We sat at our own individual booth with no view of anyone else in the resturant. Very private and romantic. The server was very nice and outgoing. Overall a great experience. P.S. The desert is the BOMBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nofoodiehereDined on 10/15/2014This is a great place to go for a special occasion. The food is delicious, and it is such a fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always thrilledcleoeyesDined on 10/15/2014My daughter and I have always loved our trips to city, especially when The Melting Pot is on the Agenda. we had a great time, great food and service staff was awesome. glad we get to do this once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was terribleDisappointedDined on 10/12/2014We had a man who wasn't the greatest to our group. We felt like we were wasting his time by being there to eat. He served us the wrong chocolate and never came over to us to ask how things were or if we wanted more or something. It was either the boss or manager that finally came over to help us. Rediculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but PriceyShanghaiMaryDined on 10/12/2014We had a fantastic waiter and it was fun doing the fondue thing but for 3 of us it was 180.00 and that was having only one beer. Would only go back for cheese and desert not the full tilt.Special Features: