The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
80 South 9th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/minneapolis/specials
- Phone: 6123389900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Chocolate Fondue Fountain can be rented for your next event! We also provide catering options for select charity events.
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for a great place to host your family gathering, corporate party, friends outing, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, bachelor and bachelorette parties, grooms dinner or wedding reception? Sir Things Up at the Melting Pot where group dining can be as fun or formal as your occasion requires. We feature private and semi private dining areas that seat 8 to 200 guests, expert service, customizable menus, and interactive dining....all the ingredients you need to make a lasting impression! Ask to speak to our Group Sales Manager 612.338.9900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and start planning your special night!
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 6123389900
- Entertainment: Great stage area for any size band if you would like to book for your private party! Live Band for Special Occasions (i.e. New Years Eve)
- Special Events: Become a Fan of the Melting Pot on Facebook and be the first to hear about our upcoming special events. Or join our Club Fondue and receive e-mails about new promotions. You also receive a Free Chocolate for 2 just for signing up!!
A word from The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
The Melting Pot can turn any occasion into a truly unforgettable experience. From intimate proposals to large gatherings, our distinctive atmosphere and delectable fondue provide exceptional dining for parties of any size. Anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, date nights, rehearsal dinners, you name it, The Melting Pot experience can really Stir Things Up and make your outing remarkably special.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (247)romantic (194)good for groups (116)fit for foodies (98)notable wine list (56)hot spot (41)great for lunch (23)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (18)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (9)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014We went to The Melting Pot to celebrate my wife's birthday / our recent wedding anniversary and could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. This had been something we wanted to do for some time and finally just took it in. The staff was extremely helpful for first-timers like us in regards for what to expect, help with the menu and overall how the cooking process works. The food was outstanding for all four courses and we even had a private booth where we could have great conversation and fun making and enjoying portions of our meal. Would for sure recommend the experience to others and to join their rewards program, Club Fondue, for nice deals and incentives.Special Features:
- Our favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/21/2014We go here for our anniversary every year and usually for each of our birthdays. This visit we had slow service. We felt like it was a lot of time in between each course. Some may like that, but we kept feeling like we almost wanted to skip the next course to get done quicker. We usually don't experience this.Special Features:
- Took Too longOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014We had a new server ( she kept telling us she was new several times) which was OK, but our meal last 3 and half hours. It took way tooo long and we were getting impatient with the entire process. We had been there many times prior and had never been that long and drung out. That was the only bad thing - the length of the meal. Otherwise the meal was great! The server was friendly, but she stressed too much she was NEW!Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Good food, good atmosphere, fun time; but, nothing specifically special about the place.Special Features:
- intimateanniezDined on 9/20/2014I like the fact the tables were so intimate! Felt like we were by ourselves. Didn't see other diners. Food is fun and good.Special Features:
- Fun dining experience!JessDined on 9/19/2014Definitely a different dining experience! Great service and good food! Had so much fun celebrating my husband's birthday here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014While I would not recommend Melting Pot for dinner, since I don't think the portion sizes for meats warrant the prices, I love the idea of stopping in for the cheese and/or chocolate courses before a night out on the time or whenever you're hungry, but not enough for a full meal. The fact that there's unlimited bread & veggies is a total bonus! Tip: try the apples dipped in chocolate, sprinkled with a very small amount of sea saltSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fondue restaurantAlexDined on 9/14/2014That'sounds the place in Minneapolis, if you want a fondue restaurant. I recommend Bourg onese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerRich9503Dined on 9/13/2014We had a fantastic experience and thoroughly enjoyed the food. My Wife and I both had Filet & Lobster 4 course meal and it was superb. We will definitely be going back and would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Awesome Date NightChefJosephDined on 9/13/2014My girlfriend brought me here for my birthday. She wanted to make it a special night for me seeing that not only was it my birthday but I'm a foodie due to my training as a chef. It was a very fun experience & it was great because it had an extertainment factor as well. It too almost two hours to complete the ; courses, so it was a great night. Definitely we will do again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and wasn't satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had to order a second cheese because the first cheese was extremely garlicky and we were charged for one new pot 3x. The food comes raw (part of the 'fondue' experience) and it was hard to determine when the meat was cooked thoroughly. I would spend my money elsewhere to have my food cooked and more portions. I am not fond of fondue anymore!Special Features:
- GreatHelloDined on 9/13/2014Great food! Small portions, but the food was amazing. Server was the only downfall. I ordered a coke and it took forever to get a refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Little pricey for what you get. Knowing it was for anniversary, should of gotten better table. My seat, booth was rocky/broken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rubbish at time keepingBudgieDined on 9/7/2014Despite making reservation we were kept waiting for nearly half an hour. Maitre de, insisted we pay bar tab before seating us in dining room, which was quite offensive. Had we ordered drinks in the dining room it would have been added to our bill. However, the waiter made up for this man's crass behaviour, because he was friendly and great at his job. The food was excellent and very enjoyable. Food is now very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnercollegekidDined on 9/5/2014The Melting Pot is the perfect place to celebrate an anniversary in style. The way the food is presented and how we have to make the food creates conversation that doesn't happen at other restaurants. The attention given by the serving staff made it seem like we were the only ones in the restaurant. I plan on coming back soon!Special Features:
- Consistently Goodlilos21Dined on 9/3/2014Been to this Melting Pot numerous times and have always had a great experience. The food is always fresh and tasty, and the act of cooking it myself is so much fun. This time our waiter seemed a bit nervous (maybe he was new) but overall was fantastic. The 4-course experience is the way to go, and I usually do not leave hungry. Keep in mind it's a good 2 hour experience but its tough to beat. We will be back again and again. Can't beat the consistently good experience.Special Features:
- Treat yourself!mawinmgDined on 9/1/2014Good place to feel special: great food, great drinks, great service, but priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long-time favoriteafish01Dined on 8/31/2014We've been coming to Melting Pot for many years. It still provides a unique experience and great atmosphere along with friendly service. We hope to continue coming for many more years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun.lucyDined on 8/30/2014Cloe was awesome. Dinner was really unique, fun and interactive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeFood4thoughtDined on 8/30/2014Fun hands on experience makes the great food even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service wasn't goodMinnesotagirlDined on 8/30/2014My husband had never been to the Melting Pot and I had long ago. We were excited to spend his birthday there. After we were seated the menu was quickly explained to us. We had ordered the cheese fondue appetizer and drinks. We ran out of the cheese quickly, and still had lots of "dipping" items remaining. The server came and saw our cheese was gone so cleared away most of the remaining food which we have gladly munched on. Our water sat empty for about 10 minutes, and I had finished my drink. The server came and took my glass, and did not ask if I wanted another. I had to ask later on for another. The food was good, not an overwhelming amount, but okay. We experienced it and now most likely won't return.Special Features:
- The melting potOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Great service and food. Wonderful experience with roof and sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timecinlakDined on 8/28/2014We went to The Melting Pot for a date night dinner. It was very fun and the food was delicious. We were there for two hours and enjoyed every minute of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will1eatDined on 8/28/2014A unique experience for great dining. Fun for friends and special occassions. Server was especially helpful.Special Features:
- Another great meal but...out2eatDined on 8/28/2014Again, we enjoyed a nice bottle of K J Chardonney with our salad and fondue meal. We chose the vegetable broth option (no upcharge) recognizing that the sauces provided lots of variety in flavoring for our fish and poultry selections-yum! The chocolate fondue was delicious, but we ran out of chocolate about 2/3 of the way through-disappointing :( especially when the rest of the meal was great. I don't know why they would risk finishing the evening on a small but notable point of dissatisfaction.Special Features:
- Great Time!Moosegal235VIPDined on 8/27/2014This was our first time at the Melting Pot. Our server Zack was amazing and walked us through the menu. The food arrived and it was amazing. It was so fun cooking it ourselves.Special Features:
- Mmm Mmm GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Good food good service. Disappointed we were too full after just dinner to enjoy dessert. I guess we'll go back just for appetizer and dessert soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...TohasDined on 8/25/2014The food was pretty good, pretty expensive considering you cook all your own food at the table. My wife and I had a private booth which was nice, except for the loud bass thumping from the restaurant/club next door. Overall the food was good but without the living social deal we had I doubt we would go back because of the prices for a fondu restaurant.Special Features:
- An Ok time!!MNmomDined on 8/23/2014I had a groupon and decided to come for my birthday with my husband - 2 other couples decided to go with us. The booth was narrow and crowded. Once we had water and drinks on the table there wasn't really any elbow room left over. The place was VERY noisy but we were able to talk to each other without shouting. It was also difficult to try stuff at the other end of the table if you were on the end. Round tables would make the experience better for medium sized groups. Extension cord was not securely fastened under the table and was drooping down which made entering and exiting the booth challenging.Special Features:
- DeliciousDined on 8/23/2014The food was just wonderful, and pairing it with the wine flight was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, subpar foodDaniellescsuDined on 8/22/2014Melting Pot is definitely over rated. It is fun to try for a one time thing, but I wouldn't go again. The service was outstanding, but the food is just OK.Special Features:
- service and foodptqtDined on 8/22/2014Llike last time food and service were excellent. We try to make it here at least once a year for the good food.Special Features:
- My favoriteHappyrents30Dined on 8/20/2014Melting pot has been and will continue to be my favorite date spot! Amazing good and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, expensive for what we got.kanizaleeDined on 8/20/2014I was really excited to try this place, and so my friend bought a coupon and took me for a belated birthday dinner. Our coupon was for salads, two entrees, and either the cheese starter or a dessert. We were both stuffed at the end, having opted for steak, ravioli and salmon entrees in the basic broth, one drink each, then dessert. I wasn't expecting how long it would take for us to to eat and get out of there. Our reservation was for 5:30, we were seated immediately, but didn't get out until after 7:30pm. Before our coupon, the bill was over $100. I wasn't overwhelmed by the food, or underwhelmed. Just kinda whelmed. Not sure I would go back on a regular basis. Maybe would be a lot better for a romantic dinner date.Special Features:
- Unique but not SatiatingBollDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed the ambience and unique eating experience. However, portions were small and prices were high! For example, a small salad costs $6, a small cheese fondue is $9/person. A steak entree is $25/person. Comes with a VERY small potato, a few mushrooms and a bit of zucchini. Chocolate fondue is about $8/person. The guys were still hungry after dinner--even after they ate the ladies' vegetables and potatoes.Special Features:
- Inattentive waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We ordered our main entree' with cooking oil and bullion was delivered. By the time we began cooking our entree' and realized the mistake, it was too late. The sides and the cooking sauces were different than we are routinely accustomed to when dining at the Melting Pot restaurants near our home in Florida and that, too, was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Go for the experience, not the foodruedyranchDined on 8/16/2014Go for the experience, not the food. Cheese fondue was just ok, salad not memorable, entre was medioce. The best part of the meal was the chocolate. Red meat cooked in the broth resulted in tough flavorless meat unless you gave it the time to rest. We took our kids 12, 13 for the 12 year old's birthday at his request. He is quite the foodie and an accomplished chef himself. He was not impressed. He said he would have been happier going to Culver's and coming just for the chocoate fondue. Completely overpriced at $250 4 courses-4 diners. At least now we can say we've done it. Service was good. We had an amusing server and he was attentive.Special Features:
- Never disappointsJenInMNDined on 8/16/2014Everything was wonderful! Even the restrooms were nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We really enjoyed the time that we got to sit and talk as we didn't feel RUSHED at all during the dinner portion. We were able to take our time and sit, and enjoy our company.Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Wonderful service, great food, made for a fantastic anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.