The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst
24741 Cedar Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/lyndhurst/specials
- Phone: 2163812700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst's private dining rooms are a superior venue for that special dinner or cocktail reception & provides an executive retreat for your next business meeting or family celebration. The “PDR” seats 12, the party room seats 40 & both rooms combined can seat 60. The Melting Pot offers a very special banquet menu designed especially for private dining guests! Lunch packages start at $20.00 per person!
- Private Party Contact: Laylonnie Jones, Banquet Sales / Guest Services 2163812700
- Special Events: Join Club Fondue to learn more about special promotional nights such as spa night, beer and wine dinners and 80's night. Sign up for Club Fondue and receive special discounts and first shot opportunity for holiday reservations. http://www.meltingpot.com/our-menu.aspx
A word from The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst
The Melting Pot is a modern, romantic, interactive, upscale, casual & fun fondue restaurant. From an intimate dinner for 2, to a girl’s night out, to a banquet of 100, The Melting Pot is a place to escape the day to day & relax! Our beautifully appointed dining rooms, superior service, Wine Spectator award winning wine list, luscious and creamy cheese fondues, crisp seasonal salads, succulent entrees including steak, lobster, chicken, shrimp, vegan & vegetarian meals plus our decadent chocolate fondue desserts make for a perfect dinning experience in casual elegance! Winner of Smart Business Magazine's 2007 World Class Service Award for the Great Escape, the 2005 Silver Spoon award for best new restaurant & winner of Wine Spectator's 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 Best wine list!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst - Best Restaurants in Lyndhurst ›
The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)romantic (116)good for groups (69)fit for foodies (53)hot spot (24)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (15)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (8)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellence as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We had a great time again. We keep coming back for special occasions and they seem to exceed our expectations every time. Nothing is over priced. We always have an awesome dessert to bring home because we are so full by then. Just make sure you have some time to enjoy it. It is not a place you can just rush through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Took my wife out for her birthday and she was blown away. From the roses and balloons at the table, to the excellent food and service, everyone went above and beyond to create a perfect night out.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationCocoZDined on 9/5/2014We took our 7 year old for her birthday and it was perfect. Good mix of choices on menu. The service was great and a magician came to the table for a quick trick.Special Features:
- excellentsshahidDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I have been wanting to go here for a while and I found a Groupon for 50% off so we decided to go for our anniversary. The service, ambiance and overall atmosphere was wonderful! If you go, definitely get the dessert. We would absolutely go again.Special Features:
- Great dinnerRCAMDined on 8/30/2014This place is great! Our server was so energetic & knowledgable, you could tell she loves her job. I have a shellfish allergy and they were more than accommodating by allowing us to substitute this for that and made sure the broths we were cooking in did not have any fish stock. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food subpar servicesbk118Dined on 8/29/2014The food was great, as always. Service was poor. We waited on everything. We had to ask for refills instead of being offered. It took 3 hours for 2 people to eat. We saw a couple that arrived while we were eating our entree leave before use. We waited 17 minutes for our server to take our entree plates away after we were done. We have gone there every year for our anniversary. Not anymore.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great food, excellent service, grateful for the 2 for $59 deal! Our reservation was right on time, and everything about our experience was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The two-for-$69 meal with wine is a good value; the fixed price menu contains good food choices, and the pinot noir wine we chose was a cut above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabydollBabydollColesterDined on 8/20/2014Nice time good service Little stingy with food But niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!SthomasDined on 8/17/2014The Melting Pot was amazing! The food was delicious and the atmospheres made for easy talking about any subject.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fairytaleJanieDined on 8/17/2014My daughters first visit. She had a great time. Having princess Anna there going around to the tables was great. I love the theme nights!Special Features:
- 3rd time here - doesn't disappoint!Tevans597Dined on 8/17/2014Went for a special event at the restaurant, we were seated right away, served immediately, and everything was great. This is a fun restaurant for families and has also been a great date night spot. The tables are pretty secluded. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience with the family.LoriDined on 8/16/2014took my parents and our two tweens on a saturday night. did not wait for our table. seated in a quieter room. wonderful server. delicious food. great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Love melting potJenw855Dined on 8/16/2014I love going to melting pot for special occasion dinners or every once on a while for something different. Unfortunately, this last time the waitress was in such a rush to turn her tables that as we were just starting one course she was bringing the next. When I asked if we could have a little time she immediately had an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingalexandriaDined on 8/14/2014My waiter was amazing. He was so friendly and helpful on showing us what to do considering it was our first time there. My mom had a great birthday present. She loved it there! Thank you David!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food; Poor ServiceFondueOrFondontDined on 8/12/2014I went to the melting pot with 3 of my friends the other night. We made a reservation online that afternoon for 8:00 pm. We got to the restaurant right at 8 hoping to get seated, but were thouroghly annoyed when a table was not ready until 9:15...what's the point of making a reservation? Other than that setback, we had a great time. The food was awesome and our waiter really added to the experience. We got the Quattro formaggio cheese and the flaming turtle chocolate and it was all delicious! I would recommend dining here, just don't be in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014I have been to many melting pots and this one is just ok. Server was very disinterested in what he was doing. Barely talked really. Manager came around asking how things were. We explained that the amount of food/veggies we got was much less than what we had gotten in past experiences. Told us she would bring another bowl of veggies and never did. When we asked the server he said she is too busy. For the cost this is the first time that melting pot wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Very funChicky1313Dined on 8/10/2014I have been there for dessert before and knew that I loved that, so I bought a groupon for dinner and salad courses. We also got the Quatro cheese. Definitely a lot of food, plenty to leave satisfied, even if they did give us a smaller portion because of the groupon (which I don't think they did). Our waiter was fantastic, very informative and fun. The only think that the boy did not like was that, because we came in as a couple, they put us in a very...very, dark corner and it took some time getting used to. Get the filet, do not mess around with the other beefs, they don't even come close to the tenderness that the filet has.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EnvironmentElenaDined on 8/6/2014It has a nice environment, especially for evening hang outsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyDined on 8/5/2014enjoyed the atmosphere. The food was good. Alot of flavorful cheese selections. Would have enjoyed more to dip in cheese. The service was fast. I like the dark, clean and artsy decorations. my daughter is 18 and moving out to college and it was a perfect goodbye dinner.Special Features:
- Fun experience.AmaleaDined on 8/1/2014First time going, it was fun and desert was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysmeltingpotfan1Dined on 7/31/2014The Melting Pot is still amazing and my all time favorite place to eat. I just wish they'd bring back the Wisconsin trio cheese choice! But I have no complaints. Food and service is stellar!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014This was my first time at Melting Pot. I was really excited to try it out. I was little disappointed with the service. I think a more experienced Server could have made the experience better. We did not receive any explanation of menu or instruction on how the whole fondue thing worked. Service was really slow and our waiter brought us the dinner. Overall, Drinks were good, Appetizer and Salad were good. Dinner was so so . I think if I go back again, it will be for appetizers or dessert only.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014Spa Night is always a fun night for my sister and my friends! What a great concept to get the delicious food at the restaurant and sample some of the spa treatments that are offered. We will continue to come back!Special Features:
- wonderful restaurantthemrsDined on 7/27/2014At first I did not understand why you could go without a reservation, but when my husband and I went we had a wonderful time. From the lighting, to the service everything was wonderful. It seemed as if each server was assigned one table, they were very attentive, alert and punctual. We were slightly upset about the portions but were happy that we weren't starving. I think when we go back we'll only go for the chocolate fondue. Other than that, a fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had a group of four people and we all THOROUGHLY enjoyed our experience. It was a leisurely meal and we had an excellent waiter who was very friendly. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- FabulousluvdiningDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time here. The atmosphere and food was excellent, our server recommended the loaded baked potato fondue as an appetizer and it was incredible. The staff was very friendly and attentive, including the two young gentlemen that were bussing tables. Our server was Blair, very friendly, explained everything to us and made recommendations. The Melting Pot is definitely a restaurant that we will be visiting again.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedFondudataDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed our meal here, but for the amount of food the price is simply way too high, even with a groupon. Also be advised that meals here take a very long time, at least 2 hours.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Always enjoy this restaurant for a night out with my guy. It is slow paced so you can spend quality time together.Special Features:
- Great celebration dinner!SbjmVIPDined on 7/18/2014I arranged a surprise birthday dinner for my daughter & friends at the Melting Pot this past weekend. The restaurant did a great job handling my requests. The girls said the food was very good. They especially loved the dark chocolate fondue with raspberries. Service was excellent. Waiter was very attentive and made the evening even more fun for the girls! I'd highly recommend the Melting Pot for a group dinner!!Special Features:
- Conversations required!!RandeeDined on 7/15/2014It's a great place to sit and talk while having fun cooking your food. You don't feel rushed and can enjoy the whole moment. Second time there can't wait to take my kids the next time. I brag about it and they are jealous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014Had a wonderful time at the Melting Pot, as always! The food and service was great and you can't beat the 'two can dine for $69' special! The one thing that I would've preferred is if it weren't so dark in the restaurant. My date and I had to use the flashlight on our phones to see if our meat was cooked all the way through. I thought my eyes would adjust after being there a while, but it was still a bit too dark. Otherwise, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceCoachPDined on 7/12/2014I always enjoy the chance to go to The Melting Pot. I really enjoy the fondue style of cooking and the food is always freshSpecial Features:
- Nice atmosphereRCDineDined on 7/12/2014Nice atmosphere, food was prettty good also. Parking was kind of a headache.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceDarJimDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there after hearing about it from friends and we had a wonderful time. The food wasn't an every day experience so it was definitely something new. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014This was my third time coming here and honestly this place never let's me down!! Perfect place for a romantic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingdisappointed2dinersDined on 7/7/2014We were glad that we had a half-price coupon because the food wasn't worth what we paid for the coupon plus the cost of the tip. I would have been very upset had we paid full price. The server and every person that we came in contact with were very nice and very helpful, but the service is not enough to for us to make return visit. Maybe I should have investigated "cooking fondue-style" more thoroughly or checked for reviews before purchasing the coupon.Special Features:
- Great TimeJJRMomDined on 7/1/2014My daughter and I often head to The Meltimg Pot when we want a slow paced meal which is one of the best parts of dining here. Our waiter was fun, the food right on, and we'll be back again soon.Special Features:
- It was OKPasjeteDined on 6/29/2014I had heard so much hype about this place and truthfully, it was just OK. Nothing grand. Fondue was very good. Not sure about the cooking method for the entrée portion, it was slow and the flavor was just not what I thought it would be. I got three pieces of vegetable with dinner, left me wanting more dinner. Not sure it was worth the money. Weird booths made me feel like I was in a box. I could not see 99% of the restaurant, so I cannot judge anything in that category.
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We make a reservation yearly for our wedding anniversary. The fondues are the absolute best!! The service is fantastic! The chocolate covered strawberries makes the occasion just that more special to us. We love talking to the staff and get them to laugh with us. When you enjoy the restaurant, the staff appreciates what they do to make it special. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.