The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst
24741 Cedar Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/lyndhurst/specials
- Phone: (216) 381-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst's private dining rooms are a superior venue for that special dinner or cocktail reception & provides an executive retreat for your next business meeting or family celebration. The “PDR” seats 12, the party room seats 40 & both rooms combined can seat 60. The Melting Pot offers a very special banquet menu designed especially for private dining guests! Lunch packages start at $20.00 per person!
- Private Party Contact: Laylonnie Jones, Banquet Sales / Guest Services 2163812700x
- Special Events: Join Club Fondue to learn more about special promotional nights such as spa night, beer and wine dinners and 80's night. Sign up for Club Fondue and receive special discounts and first shot opportunity for holiday reservations. http://www.meltingpot.com/our-menu.aspx
A word from The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst
The Melting Pot Lyndhurst is a modern, romantic, interactive, upscale, casual & fun fondue restaurant. From an intimate dinner for 2, to a girl’s night out, to a banquet of 100, The Melting Pot Lyndhurst is a place to escape the day to day & relax! Our beautifully appointed dining rooms, superior service, Wine Spectator award winning wine list, luscious and creamy cheese fondues, crisp seasonal salads, succulent entrees including steak, lobster, chicken, shrimp, vegan & vegetarian meals plus our decadent chocolate fondue desserts make for a perfect dinning experience in casual elegance! Winner of Smart Business Magazine's 2007 World Class Service Award for the Great Escape, the 2005 Silver Spoon award for best new restaurant & winner of Wine Spectator's 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 Best wine list!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst - Best Restaurants in Lyndhurst ›
The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)romantic (93)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (28)hot spot (23)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (18)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (10)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- The service was great but the food was not goodTRSreportDined on 11/25/2014I am a foodie and was looking forward to trying the food. I ordered the coq au vin since I cook this at home and love it. I was so disappointed. The food had no flavor. It tasted like meat boiled in water. I was told by a frien afterwards that I should have ordered an oil based cooking style. I don't anticipate going back. The service was excellent and the dining area was beautiful. The baked potato cheese appetizer was yummy. The salad was good and so was dessert. The main course was my only disappointment.Special Features:
- Be prepared to wait..maskDined on 11/22/2014Still had to wait half hour after reservation time (and already had a late reservation time). Was really noisy - had to wait for service several times but our server was great! Expensive but had so much food leftover - could have easily shared a meal. Still had a great time though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started out bad but recovered as dinner progressedSJE1Dined on 11/22/2014We had an 8:15 reservation on opentable, arriving at 8:00. We did not get seated until almost 9. The waiting area was chaotic. At 8:45, I went to the hostess and asked for an update. She told me "there are others ahead of you." I explained that we had an 8:15 reservation and she said there are still others ahead of you. I gave her a puzzled look and clarified that I had a reservation and she said "I can't control how long people eat." We made our way back to the bar area and really had nowhere to stand, having 4 children with us. I made a comment to one of my dinner companions that maybe our getting in everyone's way would encourage them to seat us. One of the manager's overheard me, apologized, and said he would seat us asap. We ended up with a private room and the waiter and manager took good care of us from there. I just think they need to have a talk with their hostess. She made me feel like I needed to apologize to her for questioning my reservation. As a hostess, she needs to be used to dealing with that. If we walked in off the street and they told us the wait was XX long, I could understand, but again, we had a reservation. Even if they were in a jamb, an apology for the wait was all that was necessary. Like I said, the food was very good, especially the fondue and the desert. It was more expensive than I would have expected, but the kids had a ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Our server was not very attentive. She came to the table maybe 4 times throughout the 1.5 dining experience. Tables were close and distracting. Hard to be romantic when all you smell is heated oil and have to cook your own food. Overpriced for what you get.
- Great experience!BrittPDined on 11/22/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner. Everything was perfect. We were sat early before our reservation. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantFood4funDined on 11/21/2014If your looking for something a little different then this is a good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had such a great time. Great food and serviceBirthdayGirlDined on 11/15/2014Loved our waiter Des. Manager visible and cordial. Good was great and they treated me special for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE AND OUR SERVER WAS SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014MY HUSBAND AND I HAD A NIGHT AWAY FROM KIDS AND DECIDED TO HAVE MELTING POT. VERRRRRY EXPENSIVE AND THE DIPPING FOOD FOR CHEESE COULD BE BETTER AND PRICES COULD DROP IT DOSENT COST THAT MUCH FOR MEAT AND CHEESE. OUR SERVER WAS SLOW AND WE HAD TO ASK MULTIPLE TIMES TO GET ITEMSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotSugarbowl93Dined on 11/12/2014Great as always Megan is so awesome The food is great and service is wonderful It is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningDavidDined on 11/10/2014It was our first time at The Melting Pot and we have to extend our thanks to our server, Jules. She was very patient and took time to answer our questions and explain the process. Her timing was perfect and her recommendations were excellent. Overall, we had a great time with food that was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but very priceyKaceyDined on 11/9/2014I wanted to take my family and friends out to dinner. I was really taken back at the price of the dinners. $40.00 a plate. Everything was good but it was not worth that price. To save myself embarrassment we stayed and I paid an outrageous bill. Live and learn I guess.
- Birthday celebrationRybbeDined on 11/8/2014We came as a family to celebrate our daughter's belated birthday. The food was excellent, the wait staff was super friendly, fun and engaging, clearing our table quickly and extremely knowledgeable about the cooking methods, flavors and time it would take to prepare the food. We had the best time and made it home just in time to watch OSU beat MSU!!Special Features:
- dessert was the best partmnl57Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I had a great evening celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary! Our server was wonderful and very personable. I would recommend making reservations especially if you want to sit at a table without other people. We had the banana foster for dessert and I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKHappyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Having dined at a Melting Pot many times, were anxious to invite our friends. Was not impressed with the Quattro Formagio cheese appetizer. The cheese just did not melt very well nor was it very hot as the other cheese dips are. Very disappointed in the cheese, especially paying $7.95 per person, or $31.80 for a pot of cheese. Also requested a table for 4 and 2 pots and was told there were none available, even though our reservations were early, at 5:15pm.Special Features:
- Not goodPuckerbrushDined on 11/8/2014Too expensive and everything tastes the same when you dip it! I don't want to wait for each piece to be done. It is not my style of eating. And the cost...Special Features:
- AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant was extremely helpful due to my boyfriend's many allergies. Our waiter was great and checked, then double checked everything we ordered to make sure everything would be okay. Food was fairly good, mostly about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Awesome experience. It's not a grab and go place, make sure you have some time set aside to sit, relax and take it all in. This is what memories are made of.Special Features:
- LovelyDined on 10/31/2014Wonderful food and service. The staff made our anniversary very special.Special Features:
- Will definitely go againFirstTimersDined on 10/27/2014We ate there for the first time the other night. It was a very fun & enjoyable experience. We got seated right away. Our waitress was very friendly & promped. There was a couple extra things she forgot to bring us but we were so full we wouldn't have been able to eat it anyway haha. We ordered the 4 course meal...it was UH-mazing!! We can't wait to go back & try other things on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightJandDDined on 10/25/2014The staff at Melting Pot have always been top notch but this time they totally went above that. Dave was friendly, informed, and attentive without being pushy. Leylonnie the manager stopped by and chatted a couple times and even remembered us from a visit months ago. They both went out of their way to bring us specific extras that they saw we liked. The food was, as always, delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eattarheelfanDined on 10/18/2014Food was great and service was fantastic. My wife and I love this place. A great experience every time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time with my huanniversary !!CarkatDined on 10/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our 1st time experience at the melting pot especially love to getting the chocolate covered strawberries with happy anniversary written on the plate in chocolate it was a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an experience!SurprisedDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was beautiful and quiet. The baked potato cheese fondue was great. The salads were delicious. However, the experience turned not so great when we realized they bring raw meat to the table for you to cook. I did not enjoy that at all. I did read that anywhere on the website before going. For this reason, I will not return. I think it's something to do, but not a place I would recommend. I can spend $70 on a much better eating experience and much better food.Special Features:
- CouponCouponDined on 10/5/20141We used the $50 coupon they gave us when we had our Valentine dinner there. Great value, great reason to go back! Also highly recommend going for Valentines day.Special Features:
- Birthday for a 6 year oldOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014The Melting Pot outdid themselves making my 6 year old niece feel like she was the grandest in the land! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- octoberOctoberDined on 10/4/2014Good food, but not enough meat for the price. Did not appreciate sitting by the kitchen when we made reservations & the place was clearly not packed--then sat a table with kids right by us. I did still appreciate the experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good and badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food is good. The experience is what brings people there. Not satisfied with the reservation process. I did an online reservation and still had to wait about 45 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeStaceyDined on 10/3/2014Had a great dinner as always! Never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSatisfiedDined on 10/3/2014It was my first visit to The Melting Pot. It was a wonderful experience. We weren't sure what to expect and the waitress explained the menu and options very well. We will definitely be visiting this restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014Everything was great except for the service. it just seemed like our waitress was in a bad mood. Took until the main course was nearly here to get a refill on our drinks and it wasn't even our waitress who noticed or got our refills.The main course was brought to us and it wasn't our order, so we had to wait longer for them to get the right meal.I've bee here many times and have never had that kind of experience here. It was sad given how it was my mother's first time here taking me out for my birthday and we had to experience that.Special Features:
- wondermomDined on 9/30/2014a great special occasion place! Staff (Leiloni and David) were knowledgeable, funny and efficient. They did their best to make sure our dining experience was a memorable one.Special Features:
- Good for a special occassionanniversarydinnerDined on 9/27/2014Very interesting place, unlike any I had been to before. We enjoyed our meal, but would probably only visit on special occasions because it's roughly 3 times the price of a regular "chain" restaurant. Service was fantastic, and booths are very private. The "dark" atmosphere was interesting, but felt it was maybe a bit too dark overall. You had to really hold your food up to the light to make sure it was cooked enough, which was a concern off the bat being a first-timer. This is not a place for a quick bite, we were there for a full two hours for dinner (not that I'm complaining!). Dessert was the best part, and I'd consider going there for "dessert only". A very positive experience for an anniversary/birthday/etc in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite PlaceJRo2Dined on 9/27/2014Best food....cheese and chocolate! You will not leave this place hungry. My 5 and 7 year old love dipping their food, chocolate was their favorite of course.Special Features:
- Great jobkmsiskindDined on 9/27/2014Johnt was our server, he made sure everything was awesome throughout. We had 3 girls age 9-10 with us for our daughters birthday. The night was great, the food was good, the service awesome. From the bus boys to the server to the manager, we felt welcome and like we were one of them. It was a pleasant change after our last time there... Thanks again, it was a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maryhill Wine Tastingtracyjack7Dined on 9/26/2014My friend and I were looking forward to this night, and it did not disappoint. The meal was wonderful, and the chosen wines complimented each course perfectly. We had a wonderful time, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeSoozeDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed our courses and Washington wine pairing was great. Felt the two first courses we were rushed. Other than that my husband enjoyed his surprise birthday dinner very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kaccDined on 9/26/2014really enjoyed our visit, the service(our waitess) stephanie was outstanding, and food was great, along with the wine we chosen we met the manager, who was very nice and friendly, will revisit, and recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SURIAYA FRANKLINcozysweetDined on 9/23/2014I WOULD LOVE TO SAY THAT WE REALLY DID ENJOY THE MELTING POT. IT WAS A WONDERFUL, ROMANTIC, AND INTIMATE EVENING. IT WAS PERFECT FOR THE OCCASSION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation??AmaleaDined on 9/19/2014I made reservations at 8:30 but didn't get my table until 9 then our server rushed us out in 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014We went to The Melting Pot for dinner and loved our experience. The food was superb and the service was impeccable. I recommend the duck breast and the original chocolate fondue. It was just a very unique and overall enjoyable experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.