The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst
24741 Cedar Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/lyndhurst/specials
- Phone: 2163812700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst's private dining rooms are a superior venue for that special dinner or cocktail reception & provides an executive retreat for your next business meeting or family celebration. The “PDR” seats 12, the party room seats 40 & both rooms combined can seat 60. The Melting Pot offers a very special banquet menu designed especially for private dining guests! Lunch packages start at $20.00 per person!
- Private Party Contact: Laylonnie Jones, Banquet Sales / Guest Services 2163812700
- Special Events: Join Club Fondue to learn more about special promotional nights such as spa night, beer and wine dinners and 80's night. Sign up for Club Fondue and receive special discounts and first shot opportunity for holiday reservations. http://www.meltingpot.com/our-menu.aspx
A word from The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst
The Melting Pot is a modern, romantic, interactive, upscale, casual & fun fondue restaurant. From an intimate dinner for 2, to a girl’s night out, to a banquet of 100, The Melting Pot is a place to escape the day to day & relax! Our beautifully appointed dining rooms, superior service, Wine Spectator award winning wine list, luscious and creamy cheese fondues, crisp seasonal salads, succulent entrees including steak, lobster, chicken, shrimp, vegan & vegetarian meals plus our decadent chocolate fondue desserts make for a perfect dinning experience in casual elegance! Winner of Smart Business Magazine's 2007 World Class Service Award for the Great Escape, the 2005 Silver Spoon award for best new restaurant & winner of Wine Spectator's 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 Best wine list!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst - Best Restaurants in Lyndhurst ›
The Melting Pot - Lyndhurst reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)romantic (109)good for groups (73)fit for foodies (54)notable wine list (26)hot spot (24)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (14)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (12)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Food was great and service was fantastic. My wife and I love this place. A great experience every time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time with my huanniversary !!CarkatDined on 10/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our 1st time experience at the melting pot especially love to getting the chocolate covered strawberries with happy anniversary written on the plate in chocolate it was a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an experience!SurprisedDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was beautiful and quiet. The baked potato cheese fondue was great. The salads were delicious. However, the experience turned not so great when we realized they bring raw meat to the table for you to cook. I did not enjoy that at all. I did read that anywhere on the website before going. For this reason, I will not return. I think it's something to do, but not a place I would recommend. I can spend $70 on a much better eating experience and much better food.Special Features:
- CouponCouponDined on 10/5/20141We used the $50 coupon they gave us when we had our Valentine dinner there. Great value, great reason to go back! Also highly recommend going for Valentines day.Special Features:
- Birthday for a 6 year oldOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014The Melting Pot outdid themselves making my 6 year old niece feel like she was the grandest in the land! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- octoberOctoberDined on 10/4/2014Good food, but not enough meat for the price. Did not appreciate sitting by the kitchen when we made reservations & the place was clearly not packed--then sat a table with kids right by us. I did still appreciate the experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good and badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food is good. The experience is what brings people there. Not satisfied with the reservation process. I did an online reservation and still had to wait about 45 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeStaceyDined on 10/3/2014Had a great dinner as always! Never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSatisfiedDined on 10/3/2014It was my first visit to The Melting Pot. It was a wonderful experience. We weren't sure what to expect and the waitress explained the menu and options very well. We will definitely be visiting this restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014Everything was great except for the service. it just seemed like our waitress was in a bad mood. Took until the main course was nearly here to get a refill on our drinks and it wasn't even our waitress who noticed or got our refills.The main course was brought to us and it wasn't our order, so we had to wait longer for them to get the right meal.I've bee here many times and have never had that kind of experience here. It was sad given how it was my mother's first time here taking me out for my birthday and we had to experience that.Special Features:
- wondermomDined on 9/30/2014a great special occasion place! Staff (Leiloni and David) were knowledgeable, funny and efficient. They did their best to make sure our dining experience was a memorable one.Special Features:
- Good for a special occassionanniversarydinnerDined on 9/27/2014Very interesting place, unlike any I had been to before. We enjoyed our meal, but would probably only visit on special occasions because it's roughly 3 times the price of a regular "chain" restaurant. Service was fantastic, and booths are very private. The "dark" atmosphere was interesting, but felt it was maybe a bit too dark overall. You had to really hold your food up to the light to make sure it was cooked enough, which was a concern off the bat being a first-timer. This is not a place for a quick bite, we were there for a full two hours for dinner (not that I'm complaining!). Dessert was the best part, and I'd consider going there for "dessert only". A very positive experience for an anniversary/birthday/etc in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite PlaceJRo2Dined on 9/27/2014Best food....cheese and chocolate! You will not leave this place hungry. My 5 and 7 year old love dipping their food, chocolate was their favorite of course.Special Features:
- Great jobkmsiskindDined on 9/27/2014Johnt was our server, he made sure everything was awesome throughout. We had 3 girls age 9-10 with us for our daughters birthday. The night was great, the food was good, the service awesome. From the bus boys to the server to the manager, we felt welcome and like we were one of them. It was a pleasant change after our last time there... Thanks again, it was a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maryhill Wine Tastingtracyjack7Dined on 9/26/2014My friend and I were looking forward to this night, and it did not disappoint. The meal was wonderful, and the chosen wines complimented each course perfectly. We had a wonderful time, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeSoozeDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed our courses and Washington wine pairing was great. Felt the two first courses we were rushed. Other than that my husband enjoyed his surprise birthday dinner very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kaccDined on 9/26/2014really enjoyed our visit, the service(our waitess) stephanie was outstanding, and food was great, along with the wine we chosen we met the manager, who was very nice and friendly, will revisit, and recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SURIAYA FRANKLINcozysweetDined on 9/23/2014I WOULD LOVE TO SAY THAT WE REALLY DID ENJOY THE MELTING POT. IT WAS A WONDERFUL, ROMANTIC, AND INTIMATE EVENING. IT WAS PERFECT FOR THE OCCASSION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation??AmaleaDined on 9/19/2014I made reservations at 8:30 but didn't get my table until 9 then our server rushed us out in 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014We went to The Melting Pot for dinner and loved our experience. The food was superb and the service was impeccable. I recommend the duck breast and the original chocolate fondue. It was just a very unique and overall enjoyable experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence as alwayscheeko311Dined on 9/17/2014We had a great time again. We keep coming back for special occasions and they seem to exceed our expectations every time. Nothing is over priced. We always have an awesome dessert to bring home because we are so full by then. Just make sure you have some time to enjoy it. It is not a place you can just rush through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Took my wife out for her birthday and she was blown away. From the roses and balloons at the table, to the excellent food and service, everyone went above and beyond to create a perfect night out.Special Features:
- Our 15th AnniversaryfreezebabyboopDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary Sept 12th at The Melting Pot. We had ordered the special occasion package of 3 roses and a picture taken. We were seated in a small room that only had 2 booths. Very quiet. They had 3 huge yellow roses in a vase we got to keep and a hand signed anniversary card waiting for us at our table. All the staff we spoke to wished us Happy Anniversary - even the manager came over and told us! We got the 4 course dinner and it wonderful!! Though we didn't order chocolate covered strawberries, the waitress brought us 2 with Happy Anniversary written on the plate! So thoughtful! I just can't say enough about the whole experience. It was so fun and different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationCocoZDined on 9/5/2014We took our 7 year old for her birthday and it was perfect. Good mix of choices on menu. The service was great and a magician came to the table for a quick trick.Special Features:
- excellentsshahidDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I have been wanting to go here for a while and I found a Groupon for 50% off so we decided to go for our anniversary. The service, ambiance and overall atmosphere was wonderful! If you go, definitely get the dessert. We would absolutely go again.Special Features:
- Great dinnerRCAMDined on 8/30/2014This place is great! Our server was so energetic & knowledgable, you could tell she loves her job. I have a shellfish allergy and they were more than accommodating by allowing us to substitute this for that and made sure the broths we were cooking in did not have any fish stock. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food subpar servicesbk118Dined on 8/29/2014The food was great, as always. Service was poor. We waited on everything. We had to ask for refills instead of being offered. It took 3 hours for 2 people to eat. We saw a couple that arrived while we were eating our entree leave before use. We waited 17 minutes for our server to take our entree plates away after we were done. We have gone there every year for our anniversary. Not anymore.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great food, excellent service, grateful for the 2 for $59 deal! Our reservation was right on time, and everything about our experience was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The two-for-$69 meal with wine is a good value; the fixed price menu contains good food choices, and the pinot noir wine we chose was a cut above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabydollBabydollColesterDined on 8/20/2014Nice time good service Little stingy with food But niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!SthomasDined on 8/17/2014The Melting Pot was amazing! The food was delicious and the atmospheres made for easy talking about any subject.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fairytaleJanieDined on 8/17/2014My daughters first visit. She had a great time. Having princess Anna there going around to the tables was great. I love the theme nights!Special Features:
- 3rd time here - doesn't disappoint!Tevans597Dined on 8/17/2014Went for a special event at the restaurant, we were seated right away, served immediately, and everything was great. This is a fun restaurant for families and has also been a great date night spot. The tables are pretty secluded. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience with the family.LoriDined on 8/16/2014took my parents and our two tweens on a saturday night. did not wait for our table. seated in a quieter room. wonderful server. delicious food. great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Love melting potJenw855Dined on 8/16/2014I love going to melting pot for special occasion dinners or every once on a while for something different. Unfortunately, this last time the waitress was in such a rush to turn her tables that as we were just starting one course she was bringing the next. When I asked if we could have a little time she immediately had an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingalexandriaDined on 8/14/2014My waiter was amazing. He was so friendly and helpful on showing us what to do considering it was our first time there. My mom had a great birthday present. She loved it there! Thank you David!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food; Poor ServiceFondueOrFondontDined on 8/12/2014I went to the melting pot with 3 of my friends the other night. We made a reservation online that afternoon for 8:00 pm. We got to the restaurant right at 8 hoping to get seated, but were thouroghly annoyed when a table was not ready until 9:15...what's the point of making a reservation? Other than that setback, we had a great time. The food was awesome and our waiter really added to the experience. We got the Quattro formaggio cheese and the flaming turtle chocolate and it was all delicious! I would recommend dining here, just don't be in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014I have been to many melting pots and this one is just ok. Server was very disinterested in what he was doing. Barely talked really. Manager came around asking how things were. We explained that the amount of food/veggies we got was much less than what we had gotten in past experiences. Told us she would bring another bowl of veggies and never did. When we asked the server he said she is too busy. For the cost this is the first time that melting pot wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Very funChicky1313Dined on 8/10/2014I have been there for dessert before and knew that I loved that, so I bought a groupon for dinner and salad courses. We also got the Quatro cheese. Definitely a lot of food, plenty to leave satisfied, even if they did give us a smaller portion because of the groupon (which I don't think they did). Our waiter was fantastic, very informative and fun. The only think that the boy did not like was that, because we came in as a couple, they put us in a very...very, dark corner and it took some time getting used to. Get the filet, do not mess around with the other beefs, they don't even come close to the tenderness that the filet has.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EnvironmentElenaDined on 8/6/2014It has a nice environment, especially for evening hang outsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.