The Melting Pot - Larkspur
125 E. Sir Francis Drake Blvd
Larkspur, CA 94939Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Larkspur
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/larkspur/specials
- Phone: 4154616358x
- Hours of Operation:
FONDUE DINNER HOURS
Monday - Friday: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
AFTER HOURS -
Sunday - Thursday: 10 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 10 p.m. - Midnight
Monday - Friday: 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
(Bar Only for guest 21 and over)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Larkspur Melting Pot offers a semi-private areas accommodating from 15 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager, email@example.com 4154616358x
- Entertainment: CELEBRATE IN STYLE! We offer celebration packages that can be placed on your table prior to your arrival. Surprise your friends, family, or colleagues with balloons, flowers, or even champagne! Please make note of any special requests from the list below when making your reservation. Please give 10+ hours when making requests. • Balloon Arrangements with chocolate wafers $25 • Balloon arrangement, chocolate wafers and a plush bear $30 • 3 roses with vase $20/ 6 roses with vase $30/ 1 dozen roses with vase $50 • Seasonal flower arrangements small $20/ large $30 • Melting Pot logo-metal frame with digital photo taken of group $10 • Champagne toast for two $18 (must have ID present)
- Special Events: Every third Wednesday is Ladies Night Out.
A word from The Melting Pot - Larkspur
The Melting Pot is located in the historic Brick Kiln in Larkspur, CA. The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & your favorite chocolate fondue. To highlight your meal we also offer a wide variety of wines to compliment your meal. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Larkspur - Best Restaurants in Larkspur ›
The Melting Pot - Larkspur reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (105)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (29)kid-friendly (24)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- On the decline...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014This used to be my favorite restaurant for date night or special occasions. But each time, it gets a little less attractive. The breads for the cheese was stale. We were given a bunch of broken tortilla chip for dipping and the Fiesta cheese left me with a tequila buzz. It was tough to get waters/drink refills and the timing of everything was way too slow. Server was super friendly and personable, but just was off. I asked for the Signature Wine and Garlic seasoning and was told that they were out of it. Yet I passed many bottles of it for sale as I exited. Going to try the Matterhorn in SF now.Special Features:
- Great to be rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I greatly appreciated the fact that the waiter from our previous visit came over and asked my daughter about her trip that she had just taken. They remembered us and the details of our last visit. It was a nice touch on top of the fabulous fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sub-Standard ExperienceScooterBeeDined on 8/24/2014The building is unique and magnificent, and the food better than ever. We were very disappointed, however, with the worst server we've ever had at a Melting Pot - and the noisiest as well, due to the group of unsupervised fourteen-year-olds at the next table. The manager got us the beverages the server didn't bother to ask us about, and provided personality the server was lacking in, saving the service from a "poor" rating. It's a pity the brats were allowed to spoil what should have been outstanding ambience.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This place is very good for fondue. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerLGISGIRLDined on 8/22/2014Make sure you are not in a hurry, we had the four course meal and it takes a couple of hours. It was a great experience would absolutely go again!Special Features:
- historic dinningstephidinnerDined on 8/20/2014This location is actually a repurposed brink kiln and has an interesting feel and amazing ambiance. The staff was the best I've experienced in the melting pot franchise. They had many suggestions and selections of wine and beverages and were very tentative to our tables needs. They offer ladies night for the cheapest cost and still offer all four courses as well. They also have lots of interesting events and it's worth checking out more then once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Just a wonderful, wonderful time! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasioneatwellDined on 8/14/2014This is a great restaurant for a special occasion with the family. The meal takes a while and is interactive so there is time to relax and talk. My teenagers love making the fondu. It is also very delicious. We have gone on various occasions and everyone is always happy with the food, ambience and service.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceSueGDined on 8/12/2014We went to the Melting Pot because our daughter loves cheese and thought fondue would be fun. Yes, it's fun to have nice bread to dip in cheese for one course, but the fruit and veggies that came with that serving were minimal. The prices for each person were ridiculously expensive. Not a fan of the essentially boiled food, since the meats/fish are done in broth and there is not oil to cook in. The sauces were interesting, but again, the small food quantities vs the price make it no where near worth going again or recommending. As my son pointed out, we could do this at home (melt cheese, cook our own food, etc). Even the salad course was a side salad portion for a full salad price.
- Melting Pot melts in your mouth!YumYumDined on 8/10/2014Highly recommend the Seafood Trio - fresh and delicious! The 4-course was the total experience.Special Features:
- Fun with friendsfonduisfunDined on 8/7/2014I always have a great time with friends at The Melting Pot. Lots of time to socialize.Special Features:
- Worst sever ever!Viking71Dined on 8/5/2014This was the worst experience I've ever had at the Melting Pot. I've eaten here more than a dozen times in the last year and have had great fun but this night the waitress had no personality and couldn't get a simple order right. I'm all for anyone and everyone having the opportunity to do whatever they want and work wherever they want but if you can't understand English then being a waitress with no personality is not for you. Throwing my food on the table and walking away without making sure it's right or if I need anything else makes you rude and lazy. Plus if your not 100% sure than it would not hurt to ask as it would save you arguing with me in front of the manager and looking like a bigger fool when he explains how you messed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun celebration restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Really attentive staff and nice atmosphere. The building is really interesting. Since we were there with 5 people we could get two fondue pots and had a good variety. I would recommend they up the quality of the bread for the cheese fondue. It would be better if the bread wasn't so soft it just melted into the cheese. Also, big chunks of raw potato as a vegetable were not successful as they took 3 times as long to cook as anything else. But overall it was a great place for an evening and again, the staff were really terrific.Special Features:
- Awesome AmbiancebrooksDined on 8/3/2014My boyfriend couldn't have picked a better place to have my birthday dinner. The ambiance was very cool, you feel like you are in your own little world at your table, very private, and its almost like you are underground in tunnels. The food was AHH-MAAZ--INNG. I highly recommend getting the 'Steak Lovers' entree. I will definitely be going back for more birthday dinners and special occasions. If you don't drink your bill is reasonable considering how good the food is and the whole dining experience as a whole. I don't usually write reviews, but felt compelled to do so since we were so happy with our entire dining experience. Also- the wait staff was great and very knowledgable when it came to anything on the menu. 5 Stars.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014Always an enjoyable meal. Service was a bit spotty that night (maybe they were short?) - has been solid in the past.Special Features:
- A Must ExperienceAuntieAnneDined on 7/29/2014Go with a group of friends. It's really an evening, not just a meal. Cook your own food to your liking. Start with cheese fondue (we had spinach/artichoke) with bread, corn chip, fruit and vegetable dippers. Move on to salad (Caesar and California), then an entree (we picked a surf and turf with filet mignon, shrimp and marinated chicken). It's served with potato, veggie and multiple delish dipping sauces. Finish with a heavenly chocolate fondue--we chose pure dark, but there are lots of choices with things like caramel and marshmallow. To dip in the fondue, you'll find marshmallows, marshmallow crispies, squares of cake and brownie, and fresh fruit. Our server was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nanato3Dined on 7/29/2014The food here is always a delight. An absolute favorite. The new menu options makes it a much better and viable menu for all. I love that they are making their own bread (for dippers) now and it is delicious. The service could use some improvement.......much too long in between "checking on you" times. I was eating alone the last time I was there, which I do often, and I was there for over two hours for only 3 courses when I'm usually there for an hour or less. Still a terrific place to eat....best in Marin as far as I'm concerned.Special Features:
- A blast!shmexiaDined on 7/26/2014Came here for my bachelorette celebration, had a wonderful experience. Such great food and service! I'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good time.HappyhusbandDined on 7/25/2014Had a good time with my wife on her birthday. Nice romantic dinner. Bar staff was excellent. Would come back anytime.Special Features:
- Always amazingDiinergiirlDined on 7/21/2014Great atmosphere... The best food! Always recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot Makes Mouths Water.luv4foodDined on 7/18/2014It is easy to say that everything about THE MELTING POT is amazing. The location, environment, service, the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014From beginning to end our experience was perfect! Thank you for making a surprise birthday dinner such a great experience for my boyfriend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014My daughter and I went out for a special mom daughter night and our server Julio was wonderful. He made it specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodxntrifDined on 7/16/2014We have been to the Melting Pot several times. It is a really cool building and fondue has a "special occasion" feel to it. It is pricey, but you get a lot of food and it is all very good.Special Features:
- Amazing!SarenaDined on 7/15/2014I went in with my family for birthday celebrations and i honestly couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate the special occasion. Anthony was amazing! The 4 of us each got the 4 course, stating off with the spinach artichoke dip, mojo was our cooking style, ending with the delicious mixture of white and dark chocolate "Yin Yang". Ill be heading back for ladies night next month! Thank you so much for an amazing experience Melting pot Larkspur :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia22Dined on 7/15/2014Great food, the cheese course is by far my favorite. Service was very slow this time - and we were never asked if we would like another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance is nice, BUT...Bite2eatDined on 7/14/2014Received a coupon from a friend for a special occasion and this was an adventure. The ambiance was indeed pleasant, the staff attentive and drinks well made. This style of dining is NOT my cup of tea. If I am going to spend over $100 on a meal for two I prefer the entree prepared for me and not self serve. Also I am not accustomed to having dinner take over 3 hours. The conversation yes, but the food prep and cooking of no. Many thanks to the manager Julio who made experience fun and my buddy for the meal. Next time I will find a nice Sushi bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014Poor food + bad hostess attitude + high prices = very low rating. Will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We were a large group celebrating and had a great time. Really fun way to eat and socialize. One tip - order less than the number of people you are. We ordered for 5-6 for a group of 9 (including one vegetarian and one child) and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Great Time!kerwayDined on 7/11/2014We ate here for our daughter's 20th birthday, and it was a great success. She said it was possibily her best dinner ever. Really good food and lots of fun to choose the courses and cook and eat at the table.Special Features:
- Bad Fondue and Bad ServiceDisappointedVIPDined on 7/9/2014We are frequent customers, but have not been there for six months. In the meantime, the staff has changed and worse of all they eliminated the Traditional Cheese fondue and the new one has different ingrediants. Different chesses and no sherry. What a mistake. The Traditional was very smooth and had a better flavor than the new one. Very disappointing. Also, the service was super slow. Our server was nice, but overwhelmed. Managers use to be more friendly. Not sure if I will go back.Special Features:
- Awesome LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2014It ids in an old brick kiln. The whole place is made of brick and is really cool inside. It has no cell reception so you are actually isolated from the rest of the world. Good place to get away and have a romantic dinner. Located right on the San Francisco Bay and is a short walk from the Ferry Landing.Special Features:
- et669Dined on 7/4/2014Pros: Great atmosphere, located in an old brick kiln's ovens....rather dark with one spot light directly over the center of the table lighting the fondue pot....rather romantic. Arched ceiling that kills sound reverberations. Service that was as relaxed as it was timely. I liked the fact that their wines-by-the-glass were in the $6 to $9 range. Cons: The cheese fondue had too many "other" flavors added which tarnished the cheese flavor. The sauces were too eclectic and needed some traditional ones such as BBQ and blue cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and Secludedcab211Dined on 7/1/2014The restaurant was quiet, lights were low, a very nice setting. The building is old and brick and adds to the coziness of the restaurant. Will dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st BdaykellyDined on 7/1/2014The food and service were, as usual, great. Service exceeded expectations this time. The management managed to make a last minute table adjustment for us and pulled together a desert fondue that we loved but was no longer on the menu.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceJcp1Dined on 6/28/2014We went here because were given a gift certificate. It was the best gift ever. We had no idea of what kind of experience it would be, but it was awesome. I would recommend this to anyone. It is a great romantic little getaway or just a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting pot celebrationGoodbutcosthighDined on 6/27/2014My 14 year old and 20 year old love the Melting Pot. Service was great. They did special decorated plates for my son's start of Spain trip, and daughter's birthday and return from Australia. This is their number one location for celebrations. But trips here are limited because of the very, very high cost for family of 3.Special Features:
- Awesome!Maddie96Dined on 6/21/2014Very good food, great to share. Service was excellent. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014Nice for dates, I was seated at "couples row" or something like that, got a bottle of champagne for an anniversary with the lady. Everything was great, Julio, one of the managers stopped by a couple of times which was nice. Kenji was our server he was good too. I do not know if it was that busy or not, our reservation was at 7:30pm, but the service was a bit slow. Seated at about 7:40pm and did not leave until about almost 10:30pm. Ordered the 4-course meal, it is a lot of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLuvFoodDined on 6/20/2014I came with my husband and 2 younger kids. It was hard with them being so young, next time I would find a babysitter. The service was fast. The people ( not just our waitress) were nice and would come talk to us. The food was amazing. I am definitely coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.