The Melting Pot - Larkspur
125 E. Sir Francis Drake Blvd
Larkspur, CA 94939Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Larkspur
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/larkspur/specials
- Phone: 4154616358x
- Hours of Operation:
FONDUE DINNER HOURS
Monday - Friday: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
AFTER HOURS -
Sunday - Thursday: 10 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 10 p.m. - Midnight
Monday - Friday: 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
(Bar Only for guest 21 and over)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Larkspur Melting Pot offers a semi-private areas accommodating from 15 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager, email@example.com 4154616358x
- Entertainment: CELEBRATE IN STYLE! We offer celebration packages that can be placed on your table prior to your arrival. Surprise your friends, family, or colleagues with balloons, flowers, or even champagne! Please make note of any special requests from the list below when making your reservation. Please give 10+ hours when making requests. • Balloon Arrangements with chocolate wafers $25 • Balloon arrangement, chocolate wafers and a plush bear $30 • 3 roses with vase $20/ 6 roses with vase $30/ 1 dozen roses with vase $50 • Seasonal flower arrangements small $20/ large $30 • Melting Pot logo-metal frame with digital photo taken of group $10 • Champagne toast for two $18 (must have ID present)
- Special Events: Every third Wednesday is Ladies Night Out.
A word from The Melting Pot - Larkspur
The Melting Pot is located in the historic Brick Kiln in Larkspur, CA. The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & your favorite chocolate fondue. To highlight your meal we also offer a wide variety of wines to compliment your meal. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Larkspur - Best Restaurants in Larkspur ›
The Melting Pot - Larkspur reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (95)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (20)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Better be hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Lots of food, lots of garlic. Cook your own meats in a pot at your table. Kinda weird. Cheese and chocolate very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greg MartinGregMDined on 9/23/2014While our server was very nice, the service was really slow. We were told the reason for this was that they were short-handed this particular evening. With the amount we paid, the expectation would be to have much better service. We were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow food with friendsMolliedogDined on 9/13/2014Be prepared for this dinner to languish. Book an early dinner time and stay for hours. Awesome wine list and the food is good, healthy and fun. Great for kids and romabtic eves as well. We were a party of 5 with kids and next to us were a couple happily enjoying their 12th anniversary. I've been twice and the brick cavern in Larkspur is so unique. Because of the length of time it takes to dine, the wait staff tend to be slow to return. Other than that, it's a great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014our waitress was great. nice ambiance. the main dish was a OK. not so much flavor even with the different sauces offered. would never order the cheese with alcohol with wine or tequila, too strong. love the cheese with artichoke and mushroom though. definitely would come back for appetizer or dessert only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!nicknameDined on 9/6/2014Everything at The Melting Pot was perfect for my party of 10 on a Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. The beautiful brick interior with curved walls is stunning and the lighting is perfection. We had an attentive, but never pushy, waiter -- with a quick smile and happy to accommodate special requests. We selected three courses: salad, cheese fondue, and three different chocolate fondues. All the fondues and the dippers were fantastic. I worked with Wendy, one of the managers, on the phone to plan most of the menu ahead of time; her suggestions were spot on to save time and provide a relaxed experience. Great wine.This is my second visit and you simply cannot go wrong with The Melting Pot for a festive, delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner experienceayervpDined on 9/6/2014Took my wife here for a surprise Anniversary Dinner and things couldn't have been better. The service was unbelievable. I put in a reservation in advance with the rose pedals and roses for an additional fee. My wife almost started crying as we sat down at our private booth. The food was amazing, and perfectly spaced out so we could enjoy every portion. We can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Beautiful food, beautiful settingJessicalalalaaDined on 9/3/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his 22nd birthday and he loved it. It's very romantic and very unique. Definitely pricey but worth it for special occasions. I loved the many options off cheese fondue, chocolate fondue, and what meats to cook right on the table! This was a very interesting and different experience that my boyfriend and I both thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting environmentTEPGMKDined on 8/30/2014Old brick factory, clever use of old space, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful TimeViking71Dined on 8/29/2014After our families last visit here we were a little dismayed but we do love their chocolate fundo so we gave them another chance and we're glad we did. At first we thought oh great we're going to get stuck with the same cruddy waiters as we did the time before but we lucked out because she was just one of the bussers now, which is a much better position for her. Luckly for us we had a wonderful time out and our server Jazmin was great, very sweet and attentive to our needs. Jazmin is probably the best waitress they have there and they do have a lot of them. She pays attention to what you order, ingages when delivering it and not just slam down and run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014I have been going to the melting pot every year for my birthday for 3 years. great service.Special Features:
- On the decline...PatrickDined on 8/26/2014This used to be my favorite restaurant for date night or special occasions. But each time, it gets a little less attractive. The breads for the cheese was stale. We were given a bunch of broken tortilla chip for dipping and the Fiesta cheese left me with a tequila buzz. It was tough to get waters/drink refills and the timing of everything was way too slow. Server was super friendly and personable, but just was off. I asked for the Signature Wine and Garlic seasoning and was told that they were out of it. Yet I passed many bottles of it for sale as I exited. Going to try the Matterhorn in SF now.Special Features:
- Great to be rememberedErinRobbDined on 8/25/2014I greatly appreciated the fact that the waiter from our previous visit came over and asked my daughter about her trip that she had just taken. They remembered us and the details of our last visit. It was a nice touch on top of the fabulous fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sub-Standard ExperienceScooterBeeDined on 8/24/2014The building is unique and magnificent, and the food better than ever. We were very disappointed, however, with the worst server we've ever had at a Melting Pot - and the noisiest as well, due to the group of unsupervised fourteen-year-olds at the next table. The manager got us the beverages the server didn't bother to ask us about, and provided personality the server was lacking in, saving the service from a "poor" rating. It's a pity the brats were allowed to spoil what should have been outstanding ambience.Special Features:
- AwesomeLoLFeZzDined on 8/23/2014This place is very good for fondue. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerLGISGIRLDined on 8/22/2014Make sure you are not in a hurry, we had the four course meal and it takes a couple of hours. It was a great experience would absolutely go again!Special Features:
- historic dinningstephidinnerDined on 8/20/2014This location is actually a repurposed brink kiln and has an interesting feel and amazing ambiance. The staff was the best I've experienced in the melting pot franchise. They had many suggestions and selections of wine and beverages and were very tentative to our tables needs. They offer ladies night for the cheapest cost and still offer all four courses as well. They also have lots of interesting events and it's worth checking out more then once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Just a wonderful, wonderful time! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasioneatwellDined on 8/14/2014This is a great restaurant for a special occasion with the family. The meal takes a while and is interactive so there is time to relax and talk. My teenagers love making the fondu. It is also very delicious. We have gone on various occasions and everyone is always happy with the food, ambience and service.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceSueGDined on 8/12/2014We went to the Melting Pot because our daughter loves cheese and thought fondue would be fun. Yes, it's fun to have nice bread to dip in cheese for one course, but the fruit and veggies that came with that serving were minimal. The prices for each person were ridiculously expensive. Not a fan of the essentially boiled food, since the meats/fish are done in broth and there is not oil to cook in. The sauces were interesting, but again, the small food quantities vs the price make it no where near worth going again or recommending. As my son pointed out, we could do this at home (melt cheese, cook our own food, etc). Even the salad course was a side salad portion for a full salad price.
- Melting Pot melts in your mouth!YumYumDined on 8/10/2014Highly recommend the Seafood Trio - fresh and delicious! The 4-course was the total experience.Special Features:
- Fun with friendsfonduisfunDined on 8/7/2014I always have a great time with friends at The Melting Pot. Lots of time to socialize.Special Features:
- Worst sever ever!Viking71Dined on 8/5/2014This was the worst experience I've ever had at the Melting Pot. I've eaten here more than a dozen times in the last year and have had great fun but this night the waitress had no personality and couldn't get a simple order right. I'm all for anyone and everyone having the opportunity to do whatever they want and work wherever they want but if you can't understand English then being a waitress with no personality is not for you. Throwing my food on the table and walking away without making sure it's right or if I need anything else makes you rude and lazy. Plus if your not 100% sure than it would not hurt to ask as it would save you arguing with me in front of the manager and looking like a bigger fool when he explains how you messed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun celebration restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Really attentive staff and nice atmosphere. The building is really interesting. Since we were there with 5 people we could get two fondue pots and had a good variety. I would recommend they up the quality of the bread for the cheese fondue. It would be better if the bread wasn't so soft it just melted into the cheese. Also, big chunks of raw potato as a vegetable were not successful as they took 3 times as long to cook as anything else. But overall it was a great place for an evening and again, the staff were really terrific.Special Features:
- Awesome AmbiancebrooksDined on 8/3/2014My boyfriend couldn't have picked a better place to have my birthday dinner. The ambiance was very cool, you feel like you are in your own little world at your table, very private, and its almost like you are underground in tunnels. The food was AHH-MAAZ--INNG. I highly recommend getting the 'Steak Lovers' entree. I will definitely be going back for more birthday dinners and special occasions. If you don't drink your bill is reasonable considering how good the food is and the whole dining experience as a whole. I don't usually write reviews, but felt compelled to do so since we were so happy with our entire dining experience. Also- the wait staff was great and very knowledgable when it came to anything on the menu. 5 Stars.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014Always an enjoyable meal. Service was a bit spotty that night (maybe they were short?) - has been solid in the past.Special Features:
- A Must ExperienceAuntieAnneDined on 7/29/2014Go with a group of friends. It's really an evening, not just a meal. Cook your own food to your liking. Start with cheese fondue (we had spinach/artichoke) with bread, corn chip, fruit and vegetable dippers. Move on to salad (Caesar and California), then an entree (we picked a surf and turf with filet mignon, shrimp and marinated chicken). It's served with potato, veggie and multiple delish dipping sauces. Finish with a heavenly chocolate fondue--we chose pure dark, but there are lots of choices with things like caramel and marshmallow. To dip in the fondue, you'll find marshmallows, marshmallow crispies, squares of cake and brownie, and fresh fruit. Our server was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nanato3Dined on 7/29/2014The food here is always a delight. An absolute favorite. The new menu options makes it a much better and viable menu for all. I love that they are making their own bread (for dippers) now and it is delicious. The service could use some improvement.......much too long in between "checking on you" times. I was eating alone the last time I was there, which I do often, and I was there for over two hours for only 3 courses when I'm usually there for an hour or less. Still a terrific place to eat....best in Marin as far as I'm concerned.Special Features:
- A blast!shmexiaDined on 7/26/2014Came here for my bachelorette celebration, had a wonderful experience. Such great food and service! I'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good time.HappyhusbandDined on 7/25/2014Had a good time with my wife on her birthday. Nice romantic dinner. Bar staff was excellent. Would come back anytime.Special Features:
- Always amazingDiinergiirlDined on 7/21/2014Great atmosphere... The best food! Always recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot Makes Mouths Water.luv4foodDined on 7/18/2014It is easy to say that everything about THE MELTING POT is amazing. The location, environment, service, the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014From beginning to end our experience was perfect! Thank you for making a surprise birthday dinner such a great experience for my boyfriend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014My daughter and I went out for a special mom daughter night and our server Julio was wonderful. He made it specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodxntrifDined on 7/16/2014We have been to the Melting Pot several times. It is a really cool building and fondue has a "special occasion" feel to it. It is pricey, but you get a lot of food and it is all very good.Special Features:
- Amazing!SarenaDined on 7/15/2014I went in with my family for birthday celebrations and i honestly couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate the special occasion. Anthony was amazing! The 4 of us each got the 4 course, stating off with the spinach artichoke dip, mojo was our cooking style, ending with the delicious mixture of white and dark chocolate "Yin Yang". Ill be heading back for ladies night next month! Thank you so much for an amazing experience Melting pot Larkspur :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia22Dined on 7/15/2014Great food, the cheese course is by far my favorite. Service was very slow this time - and we were never asked if we would like another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance is nice, BUT...Bite2eatDined on 7/14/2014Received a coupon from a friend for a special occasion and this was an adventure. The ambiance was indeed pleasant, the staff attentive and drinks well made. This style of dining is NOT my cup of tea. If I am going to spend over $100 on a meal for two I prefer the entree prepared for me and not self serve. Also I am not accustomed to having dinner take over 3 hours. The conversation yes, but the food prep and cooking of no. Many thanks to the manager Julio who made experience fun and my buddy for the meal. Next time I will find a nice Sushi bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014Poor food + bad hostess attitude + high prices = very low rating. Will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We were a large group celebrating and had a great time. Really fun way to eat and socialize. One tip - order less than the number of people you are. We ordered for 5-6 for a group of 9 (including one vegetarian and one child) and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Great Time!kerwayDined on 7/11/2014We ate here for our daughter's 20th birthday, and it was a great success. She said it was possibily her best dinner ever. Really good food and lots of fun to choose the courses and cook and eat at the table.Special Features: