The Melting Pot - Larkspur
125 E. Sir Francis Drake Blvd
Larkspur, CA 94939Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Larkspur
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/larkspur/specials
- Phone: (415) 461-6358
- Hours of Operation:
FONDUE DINNER HOURS
Monday - Friday: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
AFTER HOURS -
Sunday - Thursday: 10 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 10 p.m. - Midnight
Monday - Friday: 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
(Bar Only for guest 21 and over)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Larkspur Melting Pot offers a semi-private areas accommodating from 15 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org 4154616358x
- Entertainment: CELEBRATE IN STYLE! We offer celebration packages that can be placed on your table prior to your arrival. Surprise your friends, family, or colleagues with balloons, flowers, or even champagne! Please make note of any special requests from the list below when making your reservation. Please give 10+ hours when making requests. • Balloon Arrangements with chocolate wafers $25 • Balloon arrangement, chocolate wafers and a plush bear $30 • 3 roses with vase $20/ 6 roses with vase $30/ 1 dozen roses with vase $50 • Seasonal flower arrangements small $20/ large $30 • Melting Pot logo-metal frame with digital photo taken of group $10 • Champagne toast for two $18 (must have ID present)
- Special Events: Every third Wednesday is Ladies Night Out.
A word from The Melting Pot - Larkspur
The Melting Pot is located in the historic Brick Kiln in Larkspur, CA. The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & your favorite chocolate fondue. To highlight your meal we also offer a wide variety of wines to compliment your meal. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Larkspur - Best Restaurants in Larkspur ›
The Melting Pot - Larkspur reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (77)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (18)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Special Destination for a Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The chance to entire this uniquely shaped brick building is the first reason to eat at The Melting Pot. The easy access location just off Sir Francis Drake, on the way back from a day trip to SF on the ferry from Larkspur or a walk in Muir Woods is another bonus. Reservations for easy to make, we did it that same day. The services friendly and warm. Each server took the time to stop and chat and were more that willing to answer detailed questions about the menu, the building, the history of the restaurant. We chose the 4 course fondue menu. If I were to go again I would stick to the fondue, the cooking pots and the amazing dessert fondues. Salads are not the specialty here. Eat your veggies before you come and indulge in the chocolate and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME1stanniversaryDined on 11/21/2014It was a wonderful place to share a relaxed, romantic, fun anniversary!! Definitely worth the splurge!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but we were forewarned to order frugallySueRDined on 11/21/2014We were forewarned about the cost and portion size so we ordered the 4 course meal but just for two people although we were in fact 4. This was more than enough, we didn't finish it all. The Cheddar fondue was pretty tasteless apart from the garlic, next time we'd try the Alpine. House salad were dull. The meat Classic with the boullion was very tasty, though cooking times for the chicken and pork were longer than we were advised and more veggies and less meat would be good (how two people would eat that much meat is beyond me). Milk chocolate fondue to end was lovely, but it would be good to have more fruit and less marshamallows, krispie cakes etc as its so rich. Fun to cook altogether, our boys enjoyed the experience (aged 12 and 14) but there was little atmosphere, even at 7 on a Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerThumbsupordownDined on 11/20/2014Nice dinner, great service....my only complaint is that it is so dark in there I could not tell if my meat (chicken/pork) was cooked enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for cheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014Next time i will only get cheese and dessert. Main coarse entrees just not that great and take too long to cook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinner!JBBBDined on 11/12/2014The Melting Pot is a great place to go for a Birthday dinner or any special occasion. The wait staff is very good and they made the 30th birthday special. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is great at The Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at the Melting Pot recently. He is from Switzerland and loves fondue. The food was good, but the way the table is set with the pot so far away, it made it difficult for both of us to reach for our food. The table/seats where we were seated were very uncomfortable. I am sure that if I had asked to be moved, they would have done, but I did not think about it, until now. Service is great! Our waiter was great as well as the manager who came to check how everything was going. I'd go back, definitively, but I'd make sure that we get a better table.Special Features:
- Wonderful ServicereviewerDined on 11/4/2014The menu is a little complicated if you haven't been here before, but our server was patient and a very good guide to how to negotiate the process. Fondue is a fun way to eat. There are several cheese fondues, as well as cooking styles for meats, shrimp, chicken, etc. They provide veggies and bread to dip as well. I think my favorite things were, surprisingly, the salad with "tangy orchard" dressing and, unsurprisingly, the chocolate dessert with the dark chocolate and sea salt - just great. The entire staff were really just terrific, from the bartender to the man at the door. Great fun way to have a group enjoy time together with a different way to share food.Special Features:
- Always Impressedmotherof3Dined on 11/3/2014We had very special guests from Australia and wanted them to enjoy Melting Pot Larkspur as much as we do. We were so pleased with the service and special attention -- even a chocolate kangaroo plate with dessert. It's such a great ambiance -- unlike any in USA and the food choices are fun and makes for conversation, fine food, and comfort -- what's not to like?!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2014We celebrated a house sale along with two teenagers and it was perfect great special occasion spot- come hungry and ready to celebrate!Special Features:
- excellent!GermanchocDined on 10/29/2014Took my boyfriend as a surprise and he loved it! The hostess and server were great! We felt welcome right at the door and appreciated when we left. The pairings suggested were on par. Food portions were huge. I'd recommend a 3 course for two people, not 4. In saying that the desert was to die for. I did not ask for a private table, but we were surprised with the quaint, dimly lit table. It's like we were the only ones there. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerAshlynnaDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I don't get out often for a date and so we chose The Melting Pot for our date night. We had a two hour dinner that was relaxing. We were in the "Lovers Lane" area of the restaurant which was so romantic. The service was excellent and the food was really good. We couldn't even eat all of it. We had a very nice date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home aboutNotafoodsnobDined on 10/25/2014My daughter chose The Melting Pot for her 17th Birthday Dinner. We had never been to one, and were excited for the experience. Quickly we realized the hype was just that, hype. Our server was pretty new, and couldn't explain clearly how the process worked, even after we told him several times we didn't understand what he was explaining in their 'lingo'. He was pretty unfamiliar with their menu and drink options, suggesting we look under 'cocktails' when we asked if they had any sweet/iced tea. The portions were painfully small, and prices pretty steep. The menu indicates each of the entrees that 3 of us ordered would come with a 'side' of seasonal veggies and we were served a small bowl for the 4 of us to share. Poor experienceSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerTime2EatDined on 10/23/2014I brought my wife and her family to the melting pot for her birthday. We all enjoyed the experience and the food was good. Great spot for a small group to enjoy something different. Will be back soon and thanks to Dwayne for taking care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I have been here many times, last time I was not impressed & my daughter said the same....Special Features:
- Excellent place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Best place to celebrate a special occasion! Always think of this place to do that!Special Features:
- Unique Food & VenueSpearfishDined on 10/15/2014Set in an old brick kiln, this restaurant sets the tone from the minute you arrive. Seating is in smaller rooms around the old brick kiln. The walls are 6 feet thick and the lighting is low. There is seating for larger groups, families and a "lover's lane" with intimate booths for 2. The food is all about Fondue. Three of us happened to book on Ladies Day Out and had a 4 course meal for $30 excluding drinks. Good food, great, friendly service and a charming place to linger over the various courses. It is only open in the evening. We would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thee best chocolateCKA89Dined on 10/14/2014We decided to come here for the first time for our Anniversary. Have seen others really enjoyed it and now I understand why! Very romantic and was perfect for my love and I. We had rose petals added to our table which you pay an additional $3. The food was all great nothing bad to say. But the desert was my favorite and I would go back just for that! We had the ying yang with milk chocolate and it was divine!! Will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great place for kids or groupRebeccaADined on 10/11/2014Made a reservation for 8 adults,weeks in advance, but they choose to crowd us into a round table. Not enough space for 8 adults & 2 hot plates are not enough for a group of that size. Very uncomfortable & crowded night. LOTS of crying children in the group area, hard to have a conversation. I would only recommend this restaurant for no more than a party of 4 & if you do choose to go w a larger group make sure they allow you enough space. The wait staff & management are awesome. Quick to replace an unsatisfactory drink w no fuss & if they hadn't been so crowded I'm sure they would have made the seating arrangements more desirable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodLindag10Dined on 10/6/2014Went here for my son's birthday. Never disappointed. Service if first class. I would not bring little children due to the hot pot they use to self cook the food. The service is always through the roof. So is the cost. But you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special nightAdrienneDined on 10/4/2014The food and service was amazing. Our server was very charming and welcoming. We had two managers come up to us and wish us a happy anniversary. The melting pot is always a go to for romantic evenings. They always seem to make our night a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new menu is simplifiedRossValYumDined on 10/2/2014The menu at Melting Pot has become more compact and single portion oriented. The kids menu persists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service Was WonderfulWestCoastElectricDined on 10/1/2014The food was great, our waitress explained everything very well and was very nice in putting up with all of our questions, and the experience as a whole was just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must on special occasions!GoodTimesDined on 9/28/2014We love the Melting Pot and they go out of their way to make your special occasion memorable. Every waiter and hostess congratulates you personally. Very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better be hungryJimboeatsoutVIPDined on 9/27/2014Lots of food, lots of garlic. Cook your own meats in a pot at your table. Kinda weird. Cheese and chocolate very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greg MartinGregMVIPDined on 9/23/2014While our server was very nice, the service was really slow. We were told the reason for this was that they were short-handed this particular evening. With the amount we paid, the expectation would be to have much better service. We were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow food with friendsMolliedogDined on 9/13/2014Be prepared for this dinner to languish. Book an early dinner time and stay for hours. Awesome wine list and the food is good, healthy and fun. Great for kids and romabtic eves as well. We were a party of 5 with kids and next to us were a couple happily enjoying their 12th anniversary. I've been twice and the brick cavern in Larkspur is so unique. Because of the length of time it takes to dine, the wait staff tend to be slow to return. Other than that, it's a great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014our waitress was great. nice ambiance. the main dish was a OK. not so much flavor even with the different sauces offered. would never order the cheese with alcohol with wine or tequila, too strong. love the cheese with artichoke and mushroom though. definitely would come back for appetizer or dessert only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!nicknameDined on 9/6/2014Everything at The Melting Pot was perfect for my party of 10 on a Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. The beautiful brick interior with curved walls is stunning and the lighting is perfection. We had an attentive, but never pushy, waiter -- with a quick smile and happy to accommodate special requests. We selected three courses: salad, cheese fondue, and three different chocolate fondues. All the fondues and the dippers were fantastic. I worked with Wendy, one of the managers, on the phone to plan most of the menu ahead of time; her suggestions were spot on to save time and provide a relaxed experience. Great wine.This is my second visit and you simply cannot go wrong with The Melting Pot for a festive, delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner experienceayervpDined on 9/6/2014Took my wife here for a surprise Anniversary Dinner and things couldn't have been better. The service was unbelievable. I put in a reservation in advance with the rose pedals and roses for an additional fee. My wife almost started crying as we sat down at our private booth. The food was amazing, and perfectly spaced out so we could enjoy every portion. We can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Beautiful food, beautiful settingJessicalalalaaDined on 9/3/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his 22nd birthday and he loved it. It's very romantic and very unique. Definitely pricey but worth it for special occasions. I loved the many options off cheese fondue, chocolate fondue, and what meats to cook right on the table! This was a very interesting and different experience that my boyfriend and I both thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting environmentTEPGMKDined on 8/30/2014Old brick factory, clever use of old space, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful TimeViking71Dined on 8/29/2014After our families last visit here we were a little dismayed but we do love their chocolate fundo so we gave them another chance and we're glad we did. At first we thought oh great we're going to get stuck with the same cruddy waiters as we did the time before but we lucked out because she was just one of the bussers now, which is a much better position for her. Luckly for us we had a wonderful time out and our server Jazmin was great, very sweet and attentive to our needs. Jazmin is probably the best waitress they have there and they do have a lot of them. She pays attention to what you order, ingages when delivering it and not just slam down and run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014I have been going to the melting pot every year for my birthday for 3 years. great service.Special Features:
- On the decline...PatrickDined on 8/26/2014This used to be my favorite restaurant for date night or special occasions. But each time, it gets a little less attractive. The breads for the cheese was stale. We were given a bunch of broken tortilla chip for dipping and the Fiesta cheese left me with a tequila buzz. It was tough to get waters/drink refills and the timing of everything was way too slow. Server was super friendly and personable, but just was off. I asked for the Signature Wine and Garlic seasoning and was told that they were out of it. Yet I passed many bottles of it for sale as I exited. Going to try the Matterhorn in SF now.Special Features:
- Great to be rememberedErinRobbDined on 8/25/2014I greatly appreciated the fact that the waiter from our previous visit came over and asked my daughter about her trip that she had just taken. They remembered us and the details of our last visit. It was a nice touch on top of the fabulous fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sub-Standard ExperienceScooterBeeDined on 8/24/2014The building is unique and magnificent, and the food better than ever. We were very disappointed, however, with the worst server we've ever had at a Melting Pot - and the noisiest as well, due to the group of unsupervised fourteen-year-olds at the next table. The manager got us the beverages the server didn't bother to ask us about, and provided personality the server was lacking in, saving the service from a "poor" rating. It's a pity the brats were allowed to spoil what should have been outstanding ambience.Special Features:
- AwesomeLoLFeZzDined on 8/23/2014This place is very good for fondue. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerLGISGIRLDined on 8/22/2014Make sure you are not in a hurry, we had the four course meal and it takes a couple of hours. It was a great experience would absolutely go again!Special Features:
- historic dinningstephidinnerDined on 8/20/2014This location is actually a repurposed brink kiln and has an interesting feel and amazing ambiance. The staff was the best I've experienced in the melting pot franchise. They had many suggestions and selections of wine and beverages and were very tentative to our tables needs. They offer ladies night for the cheapest cost and still offer all four courses as well. They also have lots of interesting events and it's worth checking out more then once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.