The Melting Pot - Knoxville
111 North Central Street
Knoxville, TN 37902Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Knoxville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/knoxville/specials
- Phone: (865) 971-5400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Knoxville
The Melting Pot offers a relaxed atmosphere, plush private booths, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous four course dinners. It is perfect for a romantic evening, corporate dinner parties or friendly gatherings. Creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, a wide variety of entree selections and mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts are offered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Knoxville - Best Restaurants in Knoxville ›
The Melting Pot - Knoxville reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (100)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (23)late-night find (16)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Do the 2-3 course, entree not worth the $MsTankDined on 11/16/2014Three out of the 4 courses were fantastic. The cheese course, salad, and dessert were fantastic. The entree course left much to be desired. I understand boiling steak is less than an ideal preparation. Next time we will skip that and stick with the 2-3 course options.
- Fred is our favorite server and always awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014we go to the melting pot at least once or twice and month and Fred is always our server. He is awesome and takes great care of us! It's our new date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/12/2014Enjoying evening with friends. Not rushed and we were able to enjoy our dinner and visit. Nice food and wine. We look forward to visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014My only complaint is that our server just about drove me nuts. Normally, I wouldn't complain about an attentive server, but she was too much and constantly at our table. I'm an introvert and I have no interest in being pestered with small talk and really just anted her to go away so I could enjoy time with my kids. She also kept telling (repeatedly) to watch be careful and watch them around the hot pots. Really, like I don't already know that, after all we do cook at home. Our experience could have been a lot better with a different server that wasn't so overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gatlinburg melting pot is betterSNOmanDined on 11/8/2014Knoxville was way too loud to enjoy. Could barely hear our waitress. They have hidden charges that Gatlinburg foes not . Costed us around 20 bucks more. Sorry but Gatlinburg will probably get our business from now onSpecial Features:
- HORRIBLE EVENING!ozloverDined on 11/8/2014We had absolutely the WORST experience. First, we used coupons-1 for each couple. We called ahead the day before to verify that both coupons were allowed and were told YES. When we arrived, we were told NO and seated at a table with only 1 burner for 4 people. The server started off OK but gradually got worse. He also had a very large table across the room and devoted most of his time to them only. Many times it would be 25-30 before he would come and check on our table. Then drinks were brought to the table and the waiter spilled the tea on my mother's lap. Next, the chocolate fondue came out, one was on the burner and the other sat on the table getting cold. Finally, something was on the seat which stained her new pants. HORRIBLE EVENING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total ExperienceDavereviewsDined on 11/8/2014The Melting Pot is a unique restaurant in many ways. The food is excellent and it's always prepared just the way you want it, since you cook it yourself at the table. Our Server, Amy, was delightful and very professional. She explained everything very well as we progressed through our 4 course dinner. There are many sauces to choose from and you may have all you need. A nice touch is that fresh cut up apples are brought to your table, they can be used for dipping if you like. I ate them between the different things we had to eat to freshen my palate. The Service could not have been better and the evening was a true dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Night!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Fun, delicious night. Perfect for girl's night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cheese and chocolateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I loved the cheese and chocolate courses. The entree course was ok. The filet was amazingly tender but we got tried of timing the meat when it was cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicepaulajDined on 10/26/2014A special thanks to The Melting Pot of Knoxville for helping me celebrate my big day! The service is always top notch.Special Features:
- ServerBirthday1Dined on 10/26/2014The server that we had, Fred, spoke so fast and went over things so quickly that we did not understand several things about the menu and food. He laid the batter down but spoke so fast we did not understand it was batter. He went over the condiments so fast that we were left wondering what half of them were. He left us for long periods of time. He put some batter in the pot and said that when the batter rises to the top the oil is ready to start cooking. Well, the batter never floated to the top. After about 5 minutes or more we just started cooking and the oil was fine. He is so familiar with everything that he had forgotten there are guests that are not and need some time to explain and understand it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first experience.2foodiesDined on 10/26/2014I loved it! Only complaint is there beeds to be a little more light. We have to use the flashlight on my iPhone to read the menu.Special Features:
- Love this placecmaaliasDined on 10/18/2014We were saddened when our local Melting Pot closed it's doors earlier this year. The first thing I did when we planned our weekend trip was check to see if there was a Melting Pot in Knoxville. This is our favorite place to celebrate and unwind. Thanks for making our weekend trip extra special. We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful special occasion place.specialbdayDined on 10/14/2014This is an excellent restaurant for a special occasion. Wonderful for couple conversation. Lighting is a bit too low, as it is difficult to read the menu. Would recommend that the lighting be dimmed after ordering. My birthday was very special and the Melting Pot provided the excellent opportunity to celebrate this year. Thank you for making it a memorable event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014My wife and I went on our anniversary. As soon as the hostess got our name, she immediately congratulated us on our anniversary. Our waitress and even the manager stopped by to say congratulations. They also presented us with a card that was signed by the entire staff. Everyone done a fantastic job making it a great and personable experience. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone celebrating an anniversary.Special Features:
- Best dining experience everWilksss21Dined on 10/10/2014Aside from the amazing wine, entree, and dessert, the service was outstanding. I have never been pleased more than I was at The Melting Pot. It was my girlfriends and I first time dining here, and the server explained everything to us extremely well. She knew everything we needed to know and more. She even asked if we wanted a picture taken of us since it was our anniversary. The manager came and checked on us more than once to make sure we were doing well. The server and manager both congratulated us on our anniversary and made this night even more special for us. We could not have been happier with every single part of our meal, service, and overall experience with this restaurant. We will absolutely return without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous! !StalveyReviewDined on 10/6/2014There Is Just No Word To Really Say But Fabulous! Everything From The Start To The Finish Was Great,No Extra Detail Just Fabulous! We Will Eat There Again And Again With What We Have Seen There Everything Was Perfect!Special Features:
- Fun night outSebastienDined on 10/4/2014It was very fun to go to the melting pot. I regret about the cheese fondue, toasted bread would have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Any time we have a special event or just a simple date night we LOVE going to the Melting Pot. It's the only place in town where you can sit and relax while eating your 4 course meal. You are not rushed nor made to feel like you need to eat and go. Hands down our fav restaurant.Special Features:
- Good times and good foodvolforlifegirlDined on 10/1/2014We went on ladies night. The menu was set which was good for my friend for her first time as the regular menu is fairly long. We had a great time. The food is delicious. It takes a while so don't be in a hurry to leave. Enjoy the ambiance, the food preparation and the good company you will be with. The servers are attentive and we lacked for nothing. I would recommend. I will be back just for dessert - chocolate fondue !Special Features:
- Great food!GreatplacetoeatDined on 9/28/2014Great place to relax and enjoy some good food! We always love coming here!Special Features:
- great for celebrationscdhuddDined on 9/27/2014Such a neat dining experience. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly! It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!! Our Best Find yet : )SocratesDined on 9/26/2014We absolutely Loved it. It has excellent food and a Wonderful Ambiance. We highly recommend it. The food & preparation are so unique. The serice was top notch.Can't give it a high enough praise. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014It was my husband and mine's 7th wedding anniversary. We go to the Melting Pot a lot for special occasions but this time was particularly special. Both Danielle, our server and the manager went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful, memorable evening! Cannot wait to do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFoodieFoolDined on 9/21/2014Wherever we go and there is a Melting Pot it is always great food atmosphere and a wonderful dining experience. Highly recommend for adults and maybe the older kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillLndrm6Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I have been using The Melting Pot as a romantic dining option for years. As of the last outing we will be looking for other options. The waitress was poorly trained and the food was lacking quality. Sadly disappointedSpecial Features:
- Special Occassionseat2liveDined on 9/17/2014Great place to celebrate your special occasion. Service is always top notch. Relaxed dining experience. Take your time and enjoy.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I always enjoy our experience at the Melting Pot, and we like the fact that we know it will consistently be great. We are expecting our first child next weekend so we went as a last big date night and had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but beware!!!GupbearDined on 9/13/2014Been to melting pot many different times at all other locations. The knoxville location was about the least romantic setting for a melting pot. It was loud inside there was no privacy as we were accustomed to at other melting pot. It has been a couple of years since we have been to one, they have restructured the menu portion size seem to be smaller and now they charge for the traditional cooking. which is oil. They give the chicken broth complimentary we paid 45 dollars a person for a small amount of food and they have the nerve to charge additional 6 bucks for oil. I feel that this is unjustified because that is the original way to fondue. Extremely disappointed with this location.Special Features:
- Melting Potluv2dineDined on 9/12/2014Great food ! Great experience ! Had been a while since we last visited the Melting Pot, it was a fun time for our anniversary the cheese fondue was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!RypaDined on 9/6/2014Went for a "girls night out" with my mom and best friend. We had a blast! The food and wine was wonderful, our waitress was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere private. I would definitely recommend the Melting Pot for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014A bit pricey for the amount of food (especially meat) that you get, but our server was spectacular and attentive. I appreciated the complimentary strawberries for our anniversary meal.Special Features:
- Excellent for special occasionscandyr93Dined on 9/3/2014Had a really great birthday dinner here. Our server, Fred, was amazing! He went above and beyond for us.Special Features:
- Great experience!KJ1966Dined on 8/30/2014Our evening at the Melting Pot with friends was a big hit. The server was very knowledgeable and informative without being condescending, which was a big plus given that the total experience was new to most of us. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We always have a wonderful experience at the melting pot! Very yummy, Fred is always our server and he is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times2goodfoodgoodtimesDined on 8/24/2014We grabbed a last minute family dinner for this past Sunday. We love this Melting Pot as our favorite good time, catch up place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue Fairytale...proudgrannyDined on 8/24/2014I recently attended a special event with my daughter and granddaughter at the Melting Pot. They far, far exceeded my greatest expectations. The entire restaurant had been turned into a frozen wonderland, and the characters weren't merely nearby. They came around to each and every table and spent real time with the girls, talking and taking pictures etc.. I can't begin to say how impressed I am with the Melting Pot for holding this kind of event and hope there will be more to come. I loved a chance to introduce my granddaughter to fine dining in a way that made sense to her. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningDarylDined on 8/21/2014We did the Mid Week Romantic Getaway and turned out to be a nice, quiet evening together. Our server Zari was outstanding and always had a welcoming smile on her face. I highly recommend requesting her if you are using Open Table for reservations. The manager Kathy checked on us a couple times to make sure everything was going as expected, which was nice as well. Great place to spend a quiet evening and not be rushed.Special Features:
- Very accomadatingJsclark564Dined on 8/20/2014I've always loved The Melting Pot, and when we brought our three year old with us for a family night, they made sure it was a pleasant night for all! Great customer service. Our waiters went above and beyond for us. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for special occasionsBenson2013Dined on 8/19/2014Service was excellent. Too pricy for the amount of food.Special Features: