The Melting Pot - Knoxville
111 North Central Street
Knoxville, TN 37902Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Knoxville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/knoxville/specials
- Phone: 8659715400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Knoxville
The Melting Pot offers a relaxed atmosphere, plush private booths, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous four course dinners. It is perfect for a romantic evening, corporate dinner parties or friendly gatherings. Creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, a wide variety of entree selections and mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts are offered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Knoxville - Best Restaurants in Knoxville ›
The Melting Pot - Knoxville reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)romantic (92)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (36)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- great for celebrationscdhuddDined on 9/27/2014Such a neat dining experience. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly! It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014It was my husband and mine's 7th wedding anniversary. We go to the Melting Pot a lot for special occasions but this time was particularly special. Both Danielle, our server and the manager went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful, memorable evening! Cannot wait to do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFoodieFoolDined on 9/21/2014Wherever we go and there is a Melting Pot it is always great food atmosphere and a wonderful dining experience. Highly recommend for adults and maybe the older kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillLndrm6Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I have been using The Melting Pot as a romantic dining option for years. As of the last outing we will be looking for other options. The waitress was poorly trained and the food was lacking quality. Sadly disappointedSpecial Features:
- Special Occassionseat2liveDined on 9/17/2014Great place to celebrate your special occasion. Service is always top notch. Relaxed dining experience. Take your time and enjoy.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I always enjoy our experience at the Melting Pot, and we like the fact that we know it will consistently be great. We are expecting our first child next weekend so we went as a last big date night and had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but beware!!!GupbearDined on 9/13/2014Been to melting pot many different times at all other locations. The knoxville location was about the least romantic setting for a melting pot. It was loud inside there was no privacy as we were accustomed to at other melting pot. It has been a couple of years since we have been to one, they have restructured the menu portion size seem to be smaller and now they charge for the traditional cooking. which is oil. They give the chicken broth complimentary we paid 45 dollars a person for a small amount of food and they have the nerve to charge additional 6 bucks for oil. I feel that this is unjustified because that is the original way to fondue. Extremely disappointed with this location.Special Features:
- Melting Potluv2dineDined on 9/12/2014Great food ! Great experience ! Had been a while since we last visited the Melting Pot, it was a fun time for our anniversary the cheese fondue was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!RypaDined on 9/6/2014Went for a "girls night out" with my mom and best friend. We had a blast! The food and wine was wonderful, our waitress was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere private. I would definitely recommend the Melting Pot for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014A bit pricey for the amount of food (especially meat) that you get, but our server was spectacular and attentive. I appreciated the complimentary strawberries for our anniversary meal.Special Features:
- Excellent for special occasionscandyr93Dined on 9/3/2014Had a really great birthday dinner here. Our server, Fred, was amazing! He went above and beyond for us.Special Features:
- Great experience!KJ1966Dined on 8/30/2014Our evening at the Melting Pot with friends was a big hit. The server was very knowledgeable and informative without being condescending, which was a big plus given that the total experience was new to most of us. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We always have a wonderful experience at the melting pot! Very yummy, Fred is always our server and he is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times2goodfoodgoodtimesDined on 8/24/2014We grabbed a last minute family dinner for this past Sunday. We love this Melting Pot as our favorite good time, catch up place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue Fairytale...proudgrannyDined on 8/24/2014I recently attended a special event with my daughter and granddaughter at the Melting Pot. They far, far exceeded my greatest expectations. The entire restaurant had been turned into a frozen wonderland, and the characters weren't merely nearby. They came around to each and every table and spent real time with the girls, talking and taking pictures etc.. I can't begin to say how impressed I am with the Melting Pot for holding this kind of event and hope there will be more to come. I loved a chance to introduce my granddaughter to fine dining in a way that made sense to her. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningDarylDined on 8/21/2014We did the Mid Week Romantic Getaway and turned out to be a nice, quiet evening together. Our server Zari was outstanding and always had a welcoming smile on her face. I highly recommend requesting her if you are using Open Table for reservations. The manager Kathy checked on us a couple times to make sure everything was going as expected, which was nice as well. Great place to spend a quiet evening and not be rushed.Special Features:
- Very accomadatingJsclark564Dined on 8/20/2014I've always loved The Melting Pot, and when we brought our three year old with us for a family night, they made sure it was a pleasant night for all! Great customer service. Our waiters went above and beyond for us. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for special occasionsBenson2013Dined on 8/19/2014Service was excellent. Too pricy for the amount of food.Special Features:
- been there 3 timeslifespuppetDined on 8/17/2014It is worth ever cent. I have been their for 6month anniversary and valentines. Treat you 5 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE the Melting Pot!NursejillDined on 8/16/2014There was a group of 5 of us. We normally go to MElting Pot for a special occasion but this time it was just a night out with coupons we received from HalfOff Depot.. There were a couple of new items on the menu and we tried them both. The chocolate dessert is always to die for. Our server did a fantastic job. Melting Pot remains a favorite in our family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsTrevorDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have been here several times for special occasions. The most recent visit was for our anniversary, and as usual, we weren't disappointedSpecial Features:
- Just go for DesertbeadablDined on 8/14/2014This was my first experience at Melting Pot. It was quite interesting and I did have fun with my friends, but there were times we were like, "where's our server? We need refills." The food was good but not great - not for the price. I liked the wine list but not particularly the wines that came with the special we had purchased on line. The only reason I'd go back is if someone was paying my way or for the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting pot reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The overall experience was good. We have been before (2x) but this last time the serving size was far less than previous. Rather costly for what we received. The server (Daniell) was nice and helpful. Both my wife and I had difficulties hearing the greeter and also the server. We both found ourselves having to repeat our responses and hearing the options from the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for johnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This was our first time at melting pot and he made it great from the cheese fondue to chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I had a truly wonderful time here. The food is excellent as is the service. Our server took the time to explain everything to us each step of the way. He even offered to bring soda water for my wife when she got chocolate on her white shirt! Now that is going above and beyond. We have found our new date night gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a stellar evening, at alllithicschikDined on 8/9/2014The hostess was quite rude to both myself and my friend, who ate with me. She actually argued with my friend. The food was okay, but the cheese fondue was runny. Our meals were quite rushed, with salads coming out before the cheese was finished. The chocolate menu was placed directly in front of me, not even halfway through the entree. I had to move the menu out of the way to get back to the fondue pot, which caused my wine glass to spill. The servers decided to clean their sections around us, even though we left over an hour before they closed. The restaurant is not well maintained, and a little shabby. I expect better service, food and atmosphere when choosing to dine at a place like The Melting Pot for a special occasion.Special Features:
- KowboyDined on 8/9/2014Food & experience was very good ..relaxing enviroment & funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one time enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014glad I finally tried it but have to say it was overpriced for the food & experience & don't feel compelled to do that again.
- Incredible ExperienceFoodfanDined on 8/4/2014The Melting Pot is experience dining. The food is great, but the environment and ability to cook your own food is something you can't get at other places. Thats why I come back and love it so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVED ITelectroDined on 8/1/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant and I really loved it. The food was delicious and the server was very courteous and entertaining. Ask for Danielle and I'm sure your visit will be fun and just as memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the Line Every TimeKristiDined on 7/31/2014This is the best special occasion restaurant of all times. We love it every time we come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!MP1989Dined on 7/30/2014Dinner was delicious and really hit the spot on a night with two special occasions. Fred was a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but becoming overpricedniceDined on 7/29/2014Food is alyways great. Too many changes to the menu and not easy to understand. we've been going once or twice a year for 15 years. Price has increased while portion and selections have decreased. Couldnt really understand our options. Almost ordered too much food at twice the price. instead we paid what we normally do and still left a little hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere for a date night!NikiMathanDined on 7/25/2014We celebrated our 5th Anniversary by doing a 4 course meal. The atmosphere, service and food were all amazing. We had a quiet and relaxing evening to just unwind and enjoy time together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCoachcash5Dined on 7/25/2014Had a great time. They even had an anniversary card waiting for us. Could not have been more pleased with the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went the extra miletable4twoDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I are Melting Pot fans, and the one in our town closed a couple years ago, so we don't often get out to them. This year, we decided to celebrate our 5th anniversary and her birthday (all on the same day) by driving up to Knoxville and enjoying the Melting Pot there. I informed them of our reason for celebrating via the Open Table system, and we found our table in a secluded corner decorated with hearts, a pretty table centerpiece and a happy anniversary card signed by the staff. Our server was very cordial, prompt and attentive. The manager on duty stopped by also. We were unbothered by other patrons, and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience and our food.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureKaylene36Dined on 7/23/2014The Melting Pot is always my special treat for those times when I want to celebrate happy life events, enjoy a romantic evening and even pamper myself. The food is always wonderful and the dessert is divine. I mean warm chocolate and cheesecake, how can that not make life better right?Special Features:
- Fun night out!RipleyDined on 7/22/2014This was the 3rd time my family has gone together to The Melting Pot. Two were for 21st birthdays and this time was to celebrate other milestones for our children. We have enjoyed each time we have been here. Lots of sharing - of food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great interaction!CaptainDined on 7/22/2014The food was great, our server brandy was awesome albeit her first night! I would certainly recommend this restaurant for a romantic evening, we only looked at our phones to check the timer for cooking, unheard of nowadays! Price is on the high side to value but all in all great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boiled foodbartoloDined on 7/19/2014Cheese and dessert were great. The rest was just boiled meat that wasn't good at all