The Melting Pot - Knoxville
111 North Central Street
Knoxville, TN 37902Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Knoxville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/knoxville/specials
- Phone: 8659715400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Knoxville
The Melting Pot offers a relaxed atmosphere, plush private booths, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous four course dinners. It is perfect for a romantic evening, corporate dinner parties or friendly gatherings. Creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, a wide variety of entree selections and mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts are offered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Knoxville - Best Restaurants in Knoxville ›
The Melting Pot - Knoxville reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (96)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (40)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (15)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Love this placecmaaliasDined on 10/18/2014We were saddened when our local Melting Pot closed it's doors earlier this year. The first thing I did when we planned our weekend trip was check to see if there was a Melting Pot in Knoxville. This is our favorite place to celebrate and unwind. Thanks for making our weekend trip extra special. We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful special occasion place.specialbdayDined on 10/14/2014This is an excellent restaurant for a special occasion. Wonderful for couple conversation. Lighting is a bit too low, as it is difficult to read the menu. Would recommend that the lighting be dimmed after ordering. My birthday was very special and the Melting Pot provided the excellent opportunity to celebrate this year. Thank you for making it a memorable event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014My wife and I went on our anniversary. As soon as the hostess got our name, she immediately congratulated us on our anniversary. Our waitress and even the manager stopped by to say congratulations. They also presented us with a card that was signed by the entire staff. Everyone done a fantastic job making it a great and personable experience. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone celebrating an anniversary.Special Features:
- Best dining experience everWilksss21Dined on 10/10/2014Aside from the amazing wine, entree, and dessert, the service was outstanding. I have never been pleased more than I was at The Melting Pot. It was my girlfriends and I first time dining here, and the server explained everything to us extremely well. She knew everything we needed to know and more. She even asked if we wanted a picture taken of us since it was our anniversary. The manager came and checked on us more than once to make sure we were doing well. The server and manager both congratulated us on our anniversary and made this night even more special for us. We could not have been happier with every single part of our meal, service, and overall experience with this restaurant. We will absolutely return without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous! !StalveyReviewDined on 10/6/2014There Is Just No Word To Really Say But Fabulous! Everything From The Start To The Finish Was Great,No Extra Detail Just Fabulous! We Will Eat There Again And Again With What We Have Seen There Everything Was Perfect!Special Features:
- Fun night outSebastienDined on 10/4/2014It was very fun to go to the melting pot. I regret about the cheese fondue, toasted bread would have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Any time we have a special event or just a simple date night we LOVE going to the Melting Pot. It's the only place in town where you can sit and relax while eating your 4 course meal. You are not rushed nor made to feel like you need to eat and go. Hands down our fav restaurant.Special Features:
- Good times and good foodvolforlifegirlDined on 10/1/2014We went on ladies night. The menu was set which was good for my friend for her first time as the regular menu is fairly long. We had a great time. The food is delicious. It takes a while so don't be in a hurry to leave. Enjoy the ambiance, the food preparation and the good company you will be with. The servers are attentive and we lacked for nothing. I would recommend. I will be back just for dessert - chocolate fondue !Special Features:
- Great food!GreatplacetoeatDined on 9/28/2014Great place to relax and enjoy some good food! We always love coming here!Special Features:
- great for celebrationscdhuddDined on 9/27/2014Such a neat dining experience. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly! It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!! Our Best Find yet : )SocratesDined on 9/26/2014We absolutely Loved it. It has excellent food and a Wonderful Ambiance. We highly recommend it. The food & preparation are so unique. The serice was top notch.Can't give it a high enough praise. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014It was my husband and mine's 7th wedding anniversary. We go to the Melting Pot a lot for special occasions but this time was particularly special. Both Danielle, our server and the manager went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful, memorable evening! Cannot wait to do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFoodieFoolDined on 9/21/2014Wherever we go and there is a Melting Pot it is always great food atmosphere and a wonderful dining experience. Highly recommend for adults and maybe the older kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillLndrm6Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I have been using The Melting Pot as a romantic dining option for years. As of the last outing we will be looking for other options. The waitress was poorly trained and the food was lacking quality. Sadly disappointedSpecial Features:
- Special Occassionseat2liveDined on 9/17/2014Great place to celebrate your special occasion. Service is always top notch. Relaxed dining experience. Take your time and enjoy.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I always enjoy our experience at the Melting Pot, and we like the fact that we know it will consistently be great. We are expecting our first child next weekend so we went as a last big date night and had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but beware!!!GupbearDined on 9/13/2014Been to melting pot many different times at all other locations. The knoxville location was about the least romantic setting for a melting pot. It was loud inside there was no privacy as we were accustomed to at other melting pot. It has been a couple of years since we have been to one, they have restructured the menu portion size seem to be smaller and now they charge for the traditional cooking. which is oil. They give the chicken broth complimentary we paid 45 dollars a person for a small amount of food and they have the nerve to charge additional 6 bucks for oil. I feel that this is unjustified because that is the original way to fondue. Extremely disappointed with this location.Special Features:
- Melting Potluv2dineDined on 9/12/2014Great food ! Great experience ! Had been a while since we last visited the Melting Pot, it was a fun time for our anniversary the cheese fondue was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!RypaDined on 9/6/2014Went for a "girls night out" with my mom and best friend. We had a blast! The food and wine was wonderful, our waitress was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere private. I would definitely recommend the Melting Pot for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014A bit pricey for the amount of food (especially meat) that you get, but our server was spectacular and attentive. I appreciated the complimentary strawberries for our anniversary meal.Special Features:
- Excellent for special occasionscandyr93Dined on 9/3/2014Had a really great birthday dinner here. Our server, Fred, was amazing! He went above and beyond for us.Special Features:
- Great experience!KJ1966Dined on 8/30/2014Our evening at the Melting Pot with friends was a big hit. The server was very knowledgeable and informative without being condescending, which was a big plus given that the total experience was new to most of us. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We always have a wonderful experience at the melting pot! Very yummy, Fred is always our server and he is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times2goodfoodgoodtimesDined on 8/24/2014We grabbed a last minute family dinner for this past Sunday. We love this Melting Pot as our favorite good time, catch up place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue Fairytale...proudgrannyDined on 8/24/2014I recently attended a special event with my daughter and granddaughter at the Melting Pot. They far, far exceeded my greatest expectations. The entire restaurant had been turned into a frozen wonderland, and the characters weren't merely nearby. They came around to each and every table and spent real time with the girls, talking and taking pictures etc.. I can't begin to say how impressed I am with the Melting Pot for holding this kind of event and hope there will be more to come. I loved a chance to introduce my granddaughter to fine dining in a way that made sense to her. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningDarylDined on 8/21/2014We did the Mid Week Romantic Getaway and turned out to be a nice, quiet evening together. Our server Zari was outstanding and always had a welcoming smile on her face. I highly recommend requesting her if you are using Open Table for reservations. The manager Kathy checked on us a couple times to make sure everything was going as expected, which was nice as well. Great place to spend a quiet evening and not be rushed.Special Features:
- Very accomadatingJsclark564Dined on 8/20/2014I've always loved The Melting Pot, and when we brought our three year old with us for a family night, they made sure it was a pleasant night for all! Great customer service. Our waiters went above and beyond for us. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for special occasionsBenson2013Dined on 8/19/2014Service was excellent. Too pricy for the amount of food.Special Features:
- been there 3 timeslifespuppetDined on 8/17/2014It is worth ever cent. I have been their for 6month anniversary and valentines. Treat you 5 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE the Melting Pot!NursejillDined on 8/16/2014There was a group of 5 of us. We normally go to MElting Pot for a special occasion but this time it was just a night out with coupons we received from HalfOff Depot.. There were a couple of new items on the menu and we tried them both. The chocolate dessert is always to die for. Our server did a fantastic job. Melting Pot remains a favorite in our family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsTrevorDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have been here several times for special occasions. The most recent visit was for our anniversary, and as usual, we weren't disappointedSpecial Features:
- Just go for DesertbeadablDined on 8/14/2014This was my first experience at Melting Pot. It was quite interesting and I did have fun with my friends, but there were times we were like, "where's our server? We need refills." The food was good but not great - not for the price. I liked the wine list but not particularly the wines that came with the special we had purchased on line. The only reason I'd go back is if someone was paying my way or for the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting pot reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The overall experience was good. We have been before (2x) but this last time the serving size was far less than previous. Rather costly for what we received. The server (Daniell) was nice and helpful. Both my wife and I had difficulties hearing the greeter and also the server. We both found ourselves having to repeat our responses and hearing the options from the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for johnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This was our first time at melting pot and he made it great from the cheese fondue to chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I had a truly wonderful time here. The food is excellent as is the service. Our server took the time to explain everything to us each step of the way. He even offered to bring soda water for my wife when she got chocolate on her white shirt! Now that is going above and beyond. We have found our new date night gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a stellar evening, at alllithicschikDined on 8/9/2014The hostess was quite rude to both myself and my friend, who ate with me. She actually argued with my friend. The food was okay, but the cheese fondue was runny. Our meals were quite rushed, with salads coming out before the cheese was finished. The chocolate menu was placed directly in front of me, not even halfway through the entree. I had to move the menu out of the way to get back to the fondue pot, which caused my wine glass to spill. The servers decided to clean their sections around us, even though we left over an hour before they closed. The restaurant is not well maintained, and a little shabby. I expect better service, food and atmosphere when choosing to dine at a place like The Melting Pot for a special occasion.Special Features:
- KowboyDined on 8/9/2014Food & experience was very good ..relaxing enviroment & funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one time enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014glad I finally tried it but have to say it was overpriced for the food & experience & don't feel compelled to do that again.
- Incredible ExperienceFoodfanDined on 8/4/2014The Melting Pot is experience dining. The food is great, but the environment and ability to cook your own food is something you can't get at other places. Thats why I come back and love it so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVED ITelectroDined on 8/1/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant and I really loved it. The food was delicious and the server was very courteous and entertaining. Ask for Danielle and I'm sure your visit will be fun and just as memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.