The Melting Pot - Kansas City
450 Ward Parkway
Country Club Plaza
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/kansas-city/specials
- Phone: 8169316358
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. Sunday, 11:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Love
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Kansas City
At The Melting Pot, fun is cooked up fondue style, creating an out of the ordinary dining experience. You'll discover all the ingredients for a perfect evening, including attentive service, private tables, & an atmosphere of casual elegance. In addition to the cheese & chocolate fondues which have made The Melting Pot famous, they offer a fine selection of beef, chicken, seafood, & vegetarian entrees, as well as an exceptional wine list & a full bar. You may enjoy a romantic evening for two, a special occasion with fifty of your closest friends, a dining experience to impress your boss, or a night out with the family. Whatever the occasion, an evening at The Melting Pot is always a celebration. Call directly to inquire about the Romance Packages in The Melting Pot’s private celebration booths for two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
The Melting Pot - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)romantic (89)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Romantic dinnerNicNCelenaDined on 8/31/2014Amazing service, amazing food. Overall a fantastic experience. Try the turtle chocolate with a spoon of peanut butter added. Heavenly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We try to go to the Melting Pot as often as we can but when the location in Omaha, NE closed we were saddened. For our anniversary we planned a trip to Kansas City to visit the location there for our anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed by our choice. The staff at the Melting Pot went above and beyond to make our dinner a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as always and our server Michael was top notch.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usual!KelliBDined on 8/29/2014You just can't go wrong with the melting pot. We always enjoy it. Yummy fondue and fresh fish and meats for cooking! And here's a tip: stuff your fresh cooked mushrooms with the green goddess sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysLenexafamilyDined on 8/27/2014We went to the Melting Pot to celebrate our anniversary. The food was excellent as always and the service was great. We had a private table which was romantic and we were there for half price wine bottle night. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent. The wait staff was courteous and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic. It was little dates but very clean. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceEat2livDined on 8/15/2014For my first time, it was quite enjoyable! The food was delicious, the vibe was peaceful and I really had a good time. Our server wasn't all that personable but I would def go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than beforeMickyDined on 8/15/2014I went here many years ago and felt the place was dated and just to dark. While the place is still a little dark - thanks to being in the basement on the plaza, it is actually a very nice place to send a couple of hours eating a dinner. We went here to celebrate my daughter graduating college, and it was overall a nice experience. I think our waitress was a little new, but still did a great job.Special Features:
- InattentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Our waiter greeted us, took our drink order and never came back. 3 other waiters came by and asked us if we had been helped. Finally we heard someone in the kitchen ask who had our table because we had nothing. He responded with "oh, that's mine" (shouldn't talk so loudly next to the kitchen door). Someone else brought our drinks, then he appeared to take our order. We were brought the wrong food even though he repeated our order prior and had clarified with us. Hmmmm, wasn't impressed.Special Features:
- RushedRushed2dineDined on 8/10/2014Went here for a family member's birthday. The whole experience felt rushed. Even though we had a reservation, we were informed by the hostess about how busy they were and that we would have to wait 30 min for a booth. Maybe their Open Table information needs to have that option to specify booth. They tried to seat the 3 of us at a two seat booth initially, then they did get a booth for us but it seated 6. The waiter seemed upset that they had seated us at a booth larger than our party and rushed us through our meal. Just not worth the money.Special Features:
- It was an experienceUnimpressiveDined on 8/9/2014We've wanted to dine here for 10 years. If we had known that are food would be cooked in a boiling pot like water, we would have skipped the meats. The cheese pots were delicious. The salads were good. The meats were harder to handle since not of the 4 of us like boiled meat. The shrimp flew off of the prong onto the table, when I picked it up and put it on the side of my plate, there was a long black hair. It must have been on the table and the shrimp being wet; caused it to stick to the shrimp and lay on my plate of food. I asked the waiter for a new plate, he brought it to me but I lost a whole plate of food. The desserts were really good. But for $220 for a family of 4, not planning a return.Special Features:
- One of our most favorite nights outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We absolutely love melting pot. Amazing food, incredible service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time- Won't be the LastStick1ArcheryDined on 8/9/2014This had to be the best food me and my wife have eaten in forever. The service was incredible, both our waitresses made sure we were comfortable and understood the menu before taking our order. We had a corner booth for two and the seating was pretty dark and cozy, provided a great date night atmosphere to enjoy. The waitress made sure that I knew they offered a military discount when she checked my ID and took it off the bill before she presented it to us. Definitely recommending friends to come and plan on coming back! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014the service...and food was exceptional. More than I could eat...but well worth the price. Anyone looking for a place to take someone special should check this out. Will return...thanks to everyone there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Relaxed environmentNPSusanDined on 7/27/2014I recently took my daughter, her boyfriend and his family (there were 7 of us altogether) to celebrate my daughter's 18th Birthday. I chose The Melting Pot because I knew from previous visits that it is a quiet place to sit, relax, eat great food and enjoy the company of those you are with. We were not disappointed! I did choose to go earlier in the evening (5:30) on a Sunday so we enjoyed 3 hours of unhurried fun, laughter, conversation and food (of which we LOVED it ALL). I liked that our waiter, Gabriel, made the evening fun for my daughter by making light jokes but didn't embarrass her. I purchased a balloon bouquet and chocolates (from The Melting Pot) to have at the table upon arrival. It made a fun start to a special evening.Special Features:
- Amazing Anniversary!MrBlubberbutterDined on 7/27/2014I had gone to The Melting Pot before, so I expected it to be great. Of course, I was not disappointed. The Melting Pot has always been a good place for a romantic evening. Granted, it is a little pricy, considering they don't even cook your food, but you are really paying for the experience ;) Also, really tasty food.Special Features:
- New to FonduePlazadiningDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I decided it was time for a fondue lunch over the weekend. This was my first time at the Melting Pot and it was a wonderful experience. Monique, our server, was fantastic as she helped me with all of my questions about the different courses and options. As per her suggestion, we split one of the bigger meals and it was the absolute perfect size. We explored the different options during each of our three of our four courses. (The salads were simply salads.) We left very satisfied and not too stuffed, which is a good thing. I highly recommend The Melting Pot, and you're awfully lucky if you get Monique as your server.Special Features:
- Great experiencedgiuDined on 7/27/2014We had a great meal with great service and we're already planning our next time back.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionsromanticDined on 7/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the melting pot. It was both of our first time going there. It was a little too warm for my comfort. But other than that it was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, but warmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The restaurant was a little warm this day. However, the food was fantastic. Always love the 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A PERFECT MEAL!!JenniferDined on 7/19/2014We LOVE the Melting Pot and go there for most special occasions. It's always good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful tipsLuckylucy7Dined on 7/17/2014Food prices are good but not worth 40.00 per person. If it's going to be that prices need more food to fill you up. My fiancé both agree from now on we are only coming for desert. Omg the desert was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overpriced for the quality!Foodie888Dined on 7/16/2014Service slow and the quality of food very disappointing! Will not visit again.
- The melting potrleibachDined on 7/11/2014Delicious food. I love coming here for special occasions. I did notice since the last time we had been here, the portion sizes of the food have gotten smaller, especially the salads. The salads were probably about 5-7 bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Destination1getsAfigure1getspotatoesDined on 7/10/2014The Melting Pot was our choice to celebrate our 4th anniversary with my visiting twin sister. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding (John did a great job with us even though you had busy tables!) It was definitely something that everyone should experience as it was nice to have a slow-paced, leisurely dinner that was not based on how many people that could sit at that table throughout that night. Bring your appetites and your wallets and you'll be in for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinningavatarDined on 7/7/2014It was the right choice for something special, romantic. This was our choice for that long awaited 10th anniversary dinner. It was also my choice for our first special meal, where I proposed. So glad it was hardly changed and still so wonderful.Special Features:
- GoodTerekhovDined on 7/6/2014The service was excellent. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Nice atmosphere and separate section for couples.Special Features:
- Wonderful and romanticJDubDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I decided to visit The Melting Pot to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. My wife found it online and thought it sounded really fun, and for sure, it was! The restaurant is nestled underground right near the Plaza shopping area, so it's a great location. It's pretty dark and very quiet, which created a relaxing, romantic feel. Most tables are fairly spread out and have great privacy. Since we only had two, they gave us a quaint little L-shaped booth that had its own fondue pot. It was a very romantic spot, and we greatly enjoyed it. Jeff was our waiter, and he was awesome! He helped get us acquainted to everything and gave great suggestions that made our visit even better. Everything we had tasted incredible. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices up, portion sizes downkccoupleDined on 7/2/2014We have been going annually to the Melting Pot for 9 years. While we like the experience, we have noticed that the prices have been climbing while the portions have been shrinking. Our most recent visit also seemed a bit rushed, with courses coming out well before we could have finished the previous one. All things considered, it was still a reasonably enjoyable experience, but we hope this trend doesn't continue.Special Features:
- Wows every time!ADFoodFanaticDined on 7/1/2014We live 2 hours away and bring friends here to eat regularly. Awesome food in a great atmosphere. We've always had fantastic service too. Looking forward to our next visit. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting but PriceyLadydinersDined on 7/1/2014The restaurant is down a flight of wide, slick stairs, very dimly lit and we missed one and almost fell. Our waitress started by asking what 4 courses we wanted to order which was the priciest thing on the menu without giving us the other options. I had reviewed the menu online and wanted to order 2 of the items listed "for a limited time." They didn't have either, one of which was still on their printed menu. The cheese fondue was good but about 1/3 full for 2 people; the dippers were a soup bowl size of bread cubes, a tiny bowl with 10 small vegetable pieces and a bowl of cut up apple for $16.50. Ran out of cheese. Chocolate fondue was great and had adequate dippers vs. fondue at a fair price. I would recommend just going for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and different way ofCyndiDined on 7/1/2014dining experience. Even with coupon it was pricey but plan to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Night!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014I brought my wife and daughters here for their first Melting pot experience and they loved it!!! Our server was great and that really helped make this fun and memorable. Well worth the money.Special Features:
- sunday birthdayjimboDined on 6/29/2014The food was great as always, but the service this time was very poor. We hardly saw our server. It took 2 1/2 hours to finish dinner.Special Features:
- BlahDined on 6/22/2014Dessert is Five Stars!!! The food was ok and the service was mediocre! The busser was as rude as could be! I will be emailing the manager about my expierence due to the rudeness. The only reason I will go back is for dessert at the bar during a happy hour.Special Features:
- Won't go againEasy2PleaseDined on 6/21/2014Our waiter had 2 couples celebrating wedding anniversaries (mine and the birth next to us) Neither of us had been to the restaurant before. He never explained what to expect, made any recommendations, seemed to be in a hurry to set up everything, never smiled, came to refresh our drinks, and didn't seem to want our experiences to be special enough to make it a truly nice celebratory evening out. (I've received more enjoyable experiences at an IHOP!) I'm super glad I didn't buy the "romance package" with service that bad. There was no air conditioning, so both couples were just sweating with hot bowls in front of us ( I did mention the lack of refills on ICE water, right?) For $100 for 2, & on the Country Club Plaza, this was a huge letdown!Special Features:
- Too funMissouriBusinessTravelerDined on 6/21/2014We went early and took the kids 10 and 6. They loved it and the server and host staff were very accommodating. They put us away from romantic diners, which was thoughtful for all. I would consider this a wonderful destination for a special night out, whether as a couple, family or group.Special Features:
- Expensive painful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Hostess sat us next to a large group of loud women & we had our 9 year old with us. More attention should be used when sitting children next to a large group of young adults. Dinner was riddled with inappropirate comments and language from the group of younger women sitting right next to us, not what i want my 9 yr old to hear for an hour and a half!!! It got worse when the hostess dropped the menu on my foot. I am sure you know this already, but your menu's are heavy. Corner of the menu landed on my foot, open foot sandals, & the hostess made no apology for it or asked if i was ok as tears welled up as I tried not to scream in pain. Nice bruise on my foot now. Would not reccommend for intimate gathering or children.Special Features:
- 29th anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Food was great. A little lacking in quantity considering the extreme price. Atmosphere is always awesome. Service was grade A. My main issue was with portion of salad and main course served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014This was our first time to the Melting Pot and there was not anything major to complain about. The atmosphere was perfect it wasn't very loud, the seating was a little small but it allowed for a more personal experience. I cannot find anything negative to say! I'd recommend it to everyone and the food is amazing! A bit pricey but in the end its quality is well worth the tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have listened...WoodyDined on 5/15/2014My wife had been asking me to go to the Melting Pot for some time. I finally arranged to go there for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. I had mentioned where I was taking her to several people. Each one advised me to cancel and go 'anywhere else'. I kept to my reservation, but sure wish I would have listened. Food was overpriced. Our server was pretty nice, but I have had plenty better ones thru the years. The dining area was dark. Maybe that was a blessing, as most of our pictures were too dark to tell where we were or what we might have eaten. For what we spent, we could have gone to one of our favorite Plaza restaurants and eaten twice (with drinks). Very forgettable!