The Melting Pot - Kansas City
450 Ward Parkway
Country Club Plaza
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/kansas-city/specials
- Phone: 8169316358
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. Sunday, 11:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Love
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Kansas City
At The Melting Pot, fun is cooked up fondue style, creating an out of the ordinary dining experience. You'll discover all the ingredients for a perfect evening, including attentive service, private tables, & an atmosphere of casual elegance. In addition to the cheese & chocolate fondues which have made The Melting Pot famous, they offer a fine selection of beef, chicken, seafood, & vegetarian entrees, as well as an exceptional wine list & a full bar. You may enjoy a romantic evening for two, a special occasion with fifty of your closest friends, a dining experience to impress your boss, or a night out with the family. Whatever the occasion, an evening at The Melting Pot is always a celebration. Call directly to inquire about the Romance Packages in The Melting Pot’s private celebration booths for two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
The Melting Pot - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (73)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wasn't worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Wasn't worth the tab, service, seats or food. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend but would describe my okay experience.Special Features:
- Girls' Night Out!EColeDined on 9/8/2014A group of friends and I went out for the Monday Ladies' Night special and had a GREAT time! Cheese, salad, and chocolate for $16 is a fantastic deal and the right amount of food for a light dinner and fantastic dessert. I ordered the "petite entree" just to see what it was like and really didn't think it was worth the extra $8 (although our sweet server gave me a large side of Green Goddess so I was quite happy) -- it's two pieces of shrimp, two pieces of chicken, two ravioli, and two pieces of steak. As always, everything tasted amazing!!Special Features:
- RudeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I had reservations for my anniversary for 2 weeks. I received a phone call 3 hours before my reservation (by which time we were already down and on the plaza enjoying the day) to let me know that my reservation had been cancelled due to unexpected maintenance. Now, I do understand that things come up and sometimes there are set backs. However, I was not offered an apology, I was not offered anything complimentary nor was I offered a small gift card for the inconvenience. I was appalled at the lack of empathy I was given. This was supposed to be a very special evening and we were extremely disappointed!
- Can't rate it-Restaurant CancelledAuntieBDined on 9/6/2014At 3 pm on the day of our reservation for my guy's birthday, I received a call that all reservations were cancelled for that night due to a kitchen emergency. The Melting Pot did transfer my reservation next door to the Plaza III, which was nice. We may try again, but it was very disappointing. As the review won't go through without clicking a star, I'll do a 1. There should be an "N/A" option.
- Birthday Bust!unprofessionalDined on 9/6/2014Arrived for my reservation to a note on the door saying they were closed, two employees leaving told me the pipe burst the night before and they tried to call people to let them know. I did not get a call and no one tried to call. went all the way down there for my birthday dinner and was very disappointed. Probably will not use this system or the melting pot in the future.
- Great time!!!!TreasaandJeremyCruzDined on 9/5/2014John was amazing... will be back, amazing food. Great service and amazing bartenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerNicNCelenaDined on 8/31/2014Amazing service, amazing food. Overall a fantastic experience. Try the turtle chocolate with a spoon of peanut butter added. Heavenly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKCMeltingPotAokDined on 8/31/2014We try to go to the Melting Pot as often as we can but when the location in Omaha, NE closed we were saddened. For our anniversary we planned a trip to Kansas City to visit the location there for our anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed by our choice. The staff at the Melting Pot went above and beyond to make our dinner a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as always and our server Michael was top notch.Special Features:
- Tremendous ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014A wonderful evening with so many positives. Outstanding food and ambiance. Josh, our server, was great. He clearly explained the menu and options available. He clearly explained all of the steps in the various fondue preparations. The manager even stopped by our table to check if everything was okay. She even gave a card for a free appetizer on our next visit. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usual!KelliBDined on 8/29/2014You just can't go wrong with the melting pot. We always enjoy it. Yummy fondue and fresh fish and meats for cooking! And here's a tip: stuff your fresh cooked mushrooms with the green goddess sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysLenexafamilyDined on 8/27/2014We went to the Melting Pot to celebrate our anniversary. The food was excellent as always and the service was great. We had a private table which was romantic and we were there for half price wine bottle night. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent. The wait staff was courteous and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic. It was little dates but very clean. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceEat2livDined on 8/15/2014For my first time, it was quite enjoyable! The food was delicious, the vibe was peaceful and I really had a good time. Our server wasn't all that personable but I would def go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than beforeMickyDined on 8/15/2014I went here many years ago and felt the place was dated and just to dark. While the place is still a little dark - thanks to being in the basement on the plaza, it is actually a very nice place to send a couple of hours eating a dinner. We went here to celebrate my daughter graduating college, and it was overall a nice experience. I think our waitress was a little new, but still did a great job.Special Features:
- InattentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Our waiter greeted us, took our drink order and never came back. 3 other waiters came by and asked us if we had been helped. Finally we heard someone in the kitchen ask who had our table because we had nothing. He responded with "oh, that's mine" (shouldn't talk so loudly next to the kitchen door). Someone else brought our drinks, then he appeared to take our order. We were brought the wrong food even though he repeated our order prior and had clarified with us. Hmmmm, wasn't impressed.Special Features:
- RushedRushed2dineDined on 8/10/2014Went here for a family member's birthday. The whole experience felt rushed. Even though we had a reservation, we were informed by the hostess about how busy they were and that we would have to wait 30 min for a booth. Maybe their Open Table information needs to have that option to specify booth. They tried to seat the 3 of us at a two seat booth initially, then they did get a booth for us but it seated 6. The waiter seemed upset that they had seated us at a booth larger than our party and rushed us through our meal. Just not worth the money.Special Features:
- It was an experienceUnimpressiveDined on 8/9/2014We've wanted to dine here for 10 years. If we had known that are food would be cooked in a boiling pot like water, we would have skipped the meats. The cheese pots were delicious. The salads were good. The meats were harder to handle since not of the 4 of us like boiled meat. The shrimp flew off of the prong onto the table, when I picked it up and put it on the side of my plate, there was a long black hair. It must have been on the table and the shrimp being wet; caused it to stick to the shrimp and lay on my plate of food. I asked the waiter for a new plate, he brought it to me but I lost a whole plate of food. The desserts were really good. But for $220 for a family of 4, not planning a return.Special Features:
- One of our most favorite nights outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We absolutely love melting pot. Amazing food, incredible service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time- Won't be the LastStick1ArcheryDined on 8/9/2014This had to be the best food me and my wife have eaten in forever. The service was incredible, both our waitresses made sure we were comfortable and understood the menu before taking our order. We had a corner booth for two and the seating was pretty dark and cozy, provided a great date night atmosphere to enjoy. The waitress made sure that I knew they offered a military discount when she checked my ID and took it off the bill before she presented it to us. Definitely recommending friends to come and plan on coming back! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014the service...and food was exceptional. More than I could eat...but well worth the price. Anyone looking for a place to take someone special should check this out. Will return...thanks to everyone there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Relaxed environmentNPSusanDined on 7/27/2014I recently took my daughter, her boyfriend and his family (there were 7 of us altogether) to celebrate my daughter's 18th Birthday. I chose The Melting Pot because I knew from previous visits that it is a quiet place to sit, relax, eat great food and enjoy the company of those you are with. We were not disappointed! I did choose to go earlier in the evening (5:30) on a Sunday so we enjoyed 3 hours of unhurried fun, laughter, conversation and food (of which we LOVED it ALL). I liked that our waiter, Gabriel, made the evening fun for my daughter by making light jokes but didn't embarrass her. I purchased a balloon bouquet and chocolates (from The Melting Pot) to have at the table upon arrival. It made a fun start to a special evening.Special Features:
- Amazing Anniversary!MrBlubberbutterDined on 7/27/2014I had gone to The Melting Pot before, so I expected it to be great. Of course, I was not disappointed. The Melting Pot has always been a good place for a romantic evening. Granted, it is a little pricy, considering they don't even cook your food, but you are really paying for the experience ;) Also, really tasty food.Special Features:
- New to FonduePlazadiningDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I decided it was time for a fondue lunch over the weekend. This was my first time at the Melting Pot and it was a wonderful experience. Monique, our server, was fantastic as she helped me with all of my questions about the different courses and options. As per her suggestion, we split one of the bigger meals and it was the absolute perfect size. We explored the different options during each of our three of our four courses. (The salads were simply salads.) We left very satisfied and not too stuffed, which is a good thing. I highly recommend The Melting Pot, and you're awfully lucky if you get Monique as your server.Special Features:
- Great experiencedgiuDined on 7/27/2014We had a great meal with great service and we're already planning our next time back.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionsromanticDined on 7/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the melting pot. It was both of our first time going there. It was a little too warm for my comfort. But other than that it was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, but warmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The restaurant was a little warm this day. However, the food was fantastic. Always love the 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A PERFECT MEAL!!JenniferDined on 7/19/2014We LOVE the Melting Pot and go there for most special occasions. It's always good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful tipsLuckylucy7Dined on 7/17/2014Food prices are good but not worth 40.00 per person. If it's going to be that prices need more food to fill you up. My fiancé both agree from now on we are only coming for desert. Omg the desert was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overpriced for the quality!Foodie888Dined on 7/16/2014Service slow and the quality of food very disappointing! Will not visit again.
- The melting potrleibachDined on 7/11/2014Delicious food. I love coming here for special occasions. I did notice since the last time we had been here, the portion sizes of the food have gotten smaller, especially the salads. The salads were probably about 5-7 bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Destination1getsAfigure1getspotatoesDined on 7/10/2014The Melting Pot was our choice to celebrate our 4th anniversary with my visiting twin sister. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding (John did a great job with us even though you had busy tables!) It was definitely something that everyone should experience as it was nice to have a slow-paced, leisurely dinner that was not based on how many people that could sit at that table throughout that night. Bring your appetites and your wallets and you'll be in for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinningavatarDined on 7/7/2014It was the right choice for something special, romantic. This was our choice for that long awaited 10th anniversary dinner. It was also my choice for our first special meal, where I proposed. So glad it was hardly changed and still so wonderful.Special Features:
- GoodTerekhovDined on 7/6/2014The service was excellent. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Nice atmosphere and separate section for couples.Special Features:
- Wonderful and romanticJDubDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I decided to visit The Melting Pot to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. My wife found it online and thought it sounded really fun, and for sure, it was! The restaurant is nestled underground right near the Plaza shopping area, so it's a great location. It's pretty dark and very quiet, which created a relaxing, romantic feel. Most tables are fairly spread out and have great privacy. Since we only had two, they gave us a quaint little L-shaped booth that had its own fondue pot. It was a very romantic spot, and we greatly enjoyed it. Jeff was our waiter, and he was awesome! He helped get us acquainted to everything and gave great suggestions that made our visit even better. Everything we had tasted incredible. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices up, portion sizes downkccoupleDined on 7/2/2014We have been going annually to the Melting Pot for 9 years. While we like the experience, we have noticed that the prices have been climbing while the portions have been shrinking. Our most recent visit also seemed a bit rushed, with courses coming out well before we could have finished the previous one. All things considered, it was still a reasonably enjoyable experience, but we hope this trend doesn't continue.Special Features:
- Wows every time!ADFoodFanaticDined on 7/1/2014We live 2 hours away and bring friends here to eat regularly. Awesome food in a great atmosphere. We've always had fantastic service too. Looking forward to our next visit. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting but PriceyLadydinersDined on 7/1/2014The restaurant is down a flight of wide, slick stairs, very dimly lit and we missed one and almost fell. Our waitress started by asking what 4 courses we wanted to order which was the priciest thing on the menu without giving us the other options. I had reviewed the menu online and wanted to order 2 of the items listed "for a limited time." They didn't have either, one of which was still on their printed menu. The cheese fondue was good but about 1/3 full for 2 people; the dippers were a soup bowl size of bread cubes, a tiny bowl with 10 small vegetable pieces and a bowl of cut up apple for $16.50. Ran out of cheese. Chocolate fondue was great and had adequate dippers vs. fondue at a fair price. I would recommend just going for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and different way ofCyndiDined on 7/1/2014dining experience. Even with coupon it was pricey but plan to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Night!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014I brought my wife and daughters here for their first Melting pot experience and they loved it!!! Our server was great and that really helped make this fun and memorable. Well worth the money.Special Features:
- sunday birthdayjimboDined on 6/29/2014The food was great as always, but the service this time was very poor. We hardly saw our server. It took 2 1/2 hours to finish dinner.Special Features: