The Melting Pot - Kansas City
450 Ward Parkway
Country Club Plaza
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/kansas-city/specials
- Phone: 8169316358
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. Sunday, 11:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Love
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Kansas City
At The Melting Pot, fun is cooked up fondue style, creating an out of the ordinary dining experience. You'll discover all the ingredients for a perfect evening, including attentive service, private tables, & an atmosphere of casual elegance. In addition to the cheese & chocolate fondues which have made The Melting Pot famous, they offer a fine selection of beef, chicken, seafood, & vegetarian entrees, as well as an exceptional wine list & a full bar. You may enjoy a romantic evening for two, a special occasion with fifty of your closest friends, a dining experience to impress your boss, or a night out with the family. Whatever the occasion, an evening at The Melting Pot is always a celebration. Call directly to inquire about the Romance Packages in The Melting Pot’s private celebration booths for two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
The Melting Pot - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)romantic (106)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (21)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- fav spot This is our first choice.MikeDined on 10/22/2014Everything a couple could ask for !!! Great atmosphere, food and service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014My wife and I recently dined at The Melting Pot and had a rather pleasant experience. The four course meal options were plentiful and from what we selected we were rather satisfied. If you're looking for a intimate experience this is the place to go. For this meal expect it to be in the $100 range for two unless you do the cheese and desert option. Overall we had a good time.Special Features:
- BartendersEatTooDined on 10/19/2014Never fails to deliver a leisurely, romantic date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food and atmosphere are awesome. I recommended this restaurant as a place to celebrate a birthday, we were a party of 6. We traveled from out of town to dine at The Melting Pot, and I was the only individual that had eaten at the restaurant before. I was extremely embarrassed that I had recommended the place. The food is always wonderful but the service this time was horrible! It took us about 20 minutes to get our drinks when we first sat down and then another 45 minutes to receive our food! The waiter tried to rectify the situation best he could, but I felt there were a ton of excuses. It seemed they didn't have enough staff.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!KMC4VBDined on 10/11/2014First time at the melting pot and everything was spectacular. Our server Savannah was delightful! We choose the four course dining experience and had the quattro formaggio as our starter. It was absolutely delicious - the cheese reminded me of a spinach dip but the basil and tomato pesto they added really set it off. The salads were pretty standard - nothing to write home about but you aren't there for salad :) We ordered the filet and duck for our main courses. We had them both in the Coq Au Vin (burgungy wine and herbs) pot - both were excellent. The pot also had mushrooms and potatoes. These take longer to cook but also soak in the taste of the wine and herbs making them delicious. We ended with the smores dessert. It was wonderful!Special Features:
- Spend your dining $$ elsewhere!Reviewer101Dined on 10/11/2014Lack of food quality was only surpassed by the poor and inattentive service.
- first time for everythingBerberDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I went with two other members of my family and we enjoyed ourselves. Good food, good fun. The server was a little rude and even though we look young, doesn't mean the server can treat us like we're young. Even with that, i still intend to come back!Special Features:
- Dylan was Spectacular!GreatServiceDined on 10/4/2014Dylan, our server, made my wife's birthday meal very special. He provided excellent service to us and was very attentive to all of our needs. It was our first time at The Melting Pot. We will definitely be back, mainly due to Dylan's pleasant attitude and kind service. We were instructed by his boss, that he had been there since that morning. He was asked to pull a double shift, and yet he was fully present and kind that evening at 7:00 pm.Special Features:
- Great eveningJNTE1Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoy this location more BY FAR than any other we have been to. We always have great service and a wonderful meal. This is our special occasion venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014First time experience for us. We enjoyed the cheese and chocolate offerings. Well explained. Nicely served. Table we were given was in a location with a too-cool breeze that eventually became uncomfortable. It was a special treatSpecial Features:
- Best BirthdayBestdiningeverDined on 9/27/2014Food was amazing!! Did four course meal. Was so stuffed. The dessert was to die for. Great staff!! Loved candles on tables as well. The private dining rooms as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice romantic dinnerthmswalkDined on 9/26/2014I will recommend to other couples. I am from Virginia and have one there, the biggest difference from location to location is the food choices. This one here in kc was fantastic just not as much seafood as to what I am used to. The service was fantastic the atmosphere is fantastic and decently priced. A great place for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesomekcripperDined on 9/25/2014The food here is continually great. Quiet, romantic place great to actually have a conversation with your date. Our service was a little off this time (slow), but that's the first time I could say that in 5+ years of coming here so I'm not concerned. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnersaedarDined on 9/20/2014We like doing fondue for our anniversary and we had been to The Melting Pot last year. Tried new things and all of it was awesome. The best thing, though, was that when the waitress found out it was our anniversary we got comped some champagne. I have never had anything but the most outstanding service here.Special Features:
- very good experience but too $ValueDinerDined on 9/20/2014Cost was$50 per person without drinks. Value was not there for us.Special Features:
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014While we were a little disappointed in the flavoring of the meat we left very happy. Service was great and the chocolate fondue was a real treat. The Art Festival was going on outside which provided for an even more enjoyable evening. Did seem a little pricey but hey it's the Plaza and the abiance your after anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but . . .Love2eatDined on 9/18/2014Can't say enough about the location and ambiance of the restaurant. A perfect place for a romantic special occassion meal. The experience of a fondue meal is the draw to this restaurant--as seen in the prices of a 4 course meal (pricey) and the lack of food brought to your table. A wide variety of choices for cheese fondue, entree fondue and dessert fondue. Would most likely return to this restaurant for dessert fondue--yum! The servers were pleasant and accomodating.Special Features:
- Wasn't worth itjustokayDined on 9/13/2014Wasn't worth the tab, service, seats or food. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend but would describe my okay experience.Special Features:
- Girls' Night Out!EColeDined on 9/8/2014A group of friends and I went out for the Monday Ladies' Night special and had a GREAT time! Cheese, salad, and chocolate for $16 is a fantastic deal and the right amount of food for a light dinner and fantastic dessert. I ordered the "petite entree" just to see what it was like and really didn't think it was worth the extra $8 (although our sweet server gave me a large side of Green Goddess so I was quite happy) -- it's two pieces of shrimp, two pieces of chicken, two ravioli, and two pieces of steak. As always, everything tasted amazing!!Special Features:
- RudeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I had reservations for my anniversary for 2 weeks. I received a phone call 3 hours before my reservation (by which time we were already down and on the plaza enjoying the day) to let me know that my reservation had been cancelled due to unexpected maintenance. Now, I do understand that things come up and sometimes there are set backs. However, I was not offered an apology, I was not offered anything complimentary nor was I offered a small gift card for the inconvenience. I was appalled at the lack of empathy I was given. This was supposed to be a very special evening and we were extremely disappointed!
- Can't rate it-Restaurant CancelledAuntieBDined on 9/6/2014At 3 pm on the day of our reservation for my guy's birthday, I received a call that all reservations were cancelled for that night due to a kitchen emergency. The Melting Pot did transfer my reservation next door to the Plaza III, which was nice. We may try again, but it was very disappointing. As the review won't go through without clicking a star, I'll do a 1. There should be an "N/A" option.
- Birthday Bust!unprofessionalDined on 9/6/2014Arrived for my reservation to a note on the door saying they were closed, two employees leaving told me the pipe burst the night before and they tried to call people to let them know. I did not get a call and no one tried to call. went all the way down there for my birthday dinner and was very disappointed. Probably will not use this system or the melting pot in the future.
- Great time!!!!TreasaandJeremyCruzDined on 9/5/2014John was amazing... will be back, amazing food. Great service and amazing bartenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerNicNCelenaDined on 8/31/2014Amazing service, amazing food. Overall a fantastic experience. Try the turtle chocolate with a spoon of peanut butter added. Heavenly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKCMeltingPotAokDined on 8/31/2014We try to go to the Melting Pot as often as we can but when the location in Omaha, NE closed we were saddened. For our anniversary we planned a trip to Kansas City to visit the location there for our anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed by our choice. The staff at the Melting Pot went above and beyond to make our dinner a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as always and our server Michael was top notch.Special Features:
- Tremendous ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014A wonderful evening with so many positives. Outstanding food and ambiance. Josh, our server, was great. He clearly explained the menu and options available. He clearly explained all of the steps in the various fondue preparations. The manager even stopped by our table to check if everything was okay. She even gave a card for a free appetizer on our next visit. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usual!KelliBDined on 8/29/2014You just can't go wrong with the melting pot. We always enjoy it. Yummy fondue and fresh fish and meats for cooking! And here's a tip: stuff your fresh cooked mushrooms with the green goddess sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysLenexafamilyDined on 8/27/2014We went to the Melting Pot to celebrate our anniversary. The food was excellent as always and the service was great. We had a private table which was romantic and we were there for half price wine bottle night. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent. The wait staff was courteous and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic. It was little dates but very clean. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceEat2livDined on 8/15/2014For my first time, it was quite enjoyable! The food was delicious, the vibe was peaceful and I really had a good time. Our server wasn't all that personable but I would def go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than beforeMickyDined on 8/15/2014I went here many years ago and felt the place was dated and just to dark. While the place is still a little dark - thanks to being in the basement on the plaza, it is actually a very nice place to send a couple of hours eating a dinner. We went here to celebrate my daughter graduating college, and it was overall a nice experience. I think our waitress was a little new, but still did a great job.Special Features:
- InattentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Our waiter greeted us, took our drink order and never came back. 3 other waiters came by and asked us if we had been helped. Finally we heard someone in the kitchen ask who had our table because we had nothing. He responded with "oh, that's mine" (shouldn't talk so loudly next to the kitchen door). Someone else brought our drinks, then he appeared to take our order. We were brought the wrong food even though he repeated our order prior and had clarified with us. Hmmmm, wasn't impressed.Special Features:
- RushedRushed2dineDined on 8/10/2014Went here for a family member's birthday. The whole experience felt rushed. Even though we had a reservation, we were informed by the hostess about how busy they were and that we would have to wait 30 min for a booth. Maybe their Open Table information needs to have that option to specify booth. They tried to seat the 3 of us at a two seat booth initially, then they did get a booth for us but it seated 6. The waiter seemed upset that they had seated us at a booth larger than our party and rushed us through our meal. Just not worth the money.Special Features:
- It was an experienceUnimpressiveDined on 8/9/2014We've wanted to dine here for 10 years. If we had known that are food would be cooked in a boiling pot like water, we would have skipped the meats. The cheese pots were delicious. The salads were good. The meats were harder to handle since not of the 4 of us like boiled meat. The shrimp flew off of the prong onto the table, when I picked it up and put it on the side of my plate, there was a long black hair. It must have been on the table and the shrimp being wet; caused it to stick to the shrimp and lay on my plate of food. I asked the waiter for a new plate, he brought it to me but I lost a whole plate of food. The desserts were really good. But for $220 for a family of 4, not planning a return.Special Features:
- One of our most favorite nights outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We absolutely love melting pot. Amazing food, incredible service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time- Won't be the LastStick1ArcheryDined on 8/9/2014This had to be the best food me and my wife have eaten in forever. The service was incredible, both our waitresses made sure we were comfortable and understood the menu before taking our order. We had a corner booth for two and the seating was pretty dark and cozy, provided a great date night atmosphere to enjoy. The waitress made sure that I knew they offered a military discount when she checked my ID and took it off the bill before she presented it to us. Definitely recommending friends to come and plan on coming back! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014the service...and food was exceptional. More than I could eat...but well worth the price. Anyone looking for a place to take someone special should check this out. Will return...thanks to everyone there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Relaxed environmentNPSusanDined on 7/27/2014I recently took my daughter, her boyfriend and his family (there were 7 of us altogether) to celebrate my daughter's 18th Birthday. I chose The Melting Pot because I knew from previous visits that it is a quiet place to sit, relax, eat great food and enjoy the company of those you are with. We were not disappointed! I did choose to go earlier in the evening (5:30) on a Sunday so we enjoyed 3 hours of unhurried fun, laughter, conversation and food (of which we LOVED it ALL). I liked that our waiter, Gabriel, made the evening fun for my daughter by making light jokes but didn't embarrass her. I purchased a balloon bouquet and chocolates (from The Melting Pot) to have at the table upon arrival. It made a fun start to a special evening.Special Features:
- Amazing Anniversary!MrBlubberbutterDined on 7/27/2014I had gone to The Melting Pot before, so I expected it to be great. Of course, I was not disappointed. The Melting Pot has always been a good place for a romantic evening. Granted, it is a little pricy, considering they don't even cook your food, but you are really paying for the experience ;) Also, really tasty food.Special Features:
- New to FonduePlazadiningDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I decided it was time for a fondue lunch over the weekend. This was my first time at the Melting Pot and it was a wonderful experience. Monique, our server, was fantastic as she helped me with all of my questions about the different courses and options. As per her suggestion, we split one of the bigger meals and it was the absolute perfect size. We explored the different options during each of our three of our four courses. (The salads were simply salads.) We left very satisfied and not too stuffed, which is a good thing. I highly recommend The Melting Pot, and you're awfully lucky if you get Monique as your server.Special Features: