The Melting Pot - Kansas City
450 Ward Parkway
Country Club Plaza
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/kansas-city/specials
- Phone: (816) 931-6358
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. Sunday, 11:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Love
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Kansas City
At The Melting Pot, fun is cooked up fondue style, creating an out of the ordinary dining experience. You'll discover all the ingredients for a perfect evening, including attentive service, private tables, & an atmosphere of casual elegance. In addition to the cheese & chocolate fondues which have made The Melting Pot famous, they offer a fine selection of beef, chicken, seafood, & vegetarian entrees, as well as an exceptional wine list & a full bar. You may enjoy a romantic evening for two, a special occasion with fifty of your closest friends, a dining experience to impress your boss, or a night out with the family. Whatever the occasion, an evening at The Melting Pot is always a celebration. Call directly to inquire about the Romance Packages in The Melting Pot’s private celebration booths for two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
The Melting Pot - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (106)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (47)late-night find (22)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (16)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Double DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We booked a reservation online. My fiance and I were going on a double date with some friends from out of town. They were running late and I was able to change the reservation within 2 hours of when we were supposed to be there. Once my fiance and I got to the melting pot, our friends were still not there. Most places won't seat you until your entire party is there, but they actually sat us and we ordered some drinks. Dinner is a bit pricey, but we got the double date special and it was a fun time. I was really happy with my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccablerelamDined on 11/16/2014We always receive the best service at the Melting Pot and really enjoy the special events such as the chocolate strawberry class and Fairytale Fondue for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with Fonduelaurelrose11Dined on 11/15/2014Took an in-town guest for dinner. We had some issues with the elevator and consequently had to bring her in through the kitchen, but the food was pretty good, the service was pretty good, and once we figured out who our waiter was, we enjoyed our evening there. Went for the classic Alpine cheese fondue, mojo cooking style, and delicious milk chocolate fondue for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family DinnercarpsonthsgoDined on 11/14/2014This was the second time George waited on us and once again made it a great dining experience. The food was of course spot on. We take the kids here because they process of cooking and dipping the food makes it a unique experience. It also puts us together for two hours without phones and electronics. Great family fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special birthdaynewmomma14Dined on 11/11/2014I chose to celebrate my birthday at The Melting Pot this year and I have no regrets. From the cheese to the chocolate and everything in between the night was special. My family laughed and enjoyed the experience. The food was wonderful and the wait staff was helpful and engaging. Our waitress took our family picture and also brought out dessert with a little candle to celebrate my birthday. Its the little things...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, but took forever.familyof4Dined on 11/11/2014My family of 4 went for dinner at 6:30 on a Tuesday night. Needless to say it was not busy, however it still took us 2 1/2 hours to complete our meal. I don't expect a fast meal when I go to the Melting Pot, but I also don't expect to watch my cooking broth boil for 30 minutes while waiting on something to cook in it. I am not sure what happened with the layout of who serves what table but the other two waitresses serving the other three tables in our room seemed to have all of their table grouped together, while our server was all over the place. While he was fine when we saw him, we hardly ever saw him. The food was good as always but whoever set up the server/table layout was way off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLexiDined on 11/10/2014First experience there and the service was great. The chocolate fondue was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GSuttonDined on 11/10/2014We couldn't be more happy with our experience at the Melting Pot. Everything from the food to the waiter was top notch. They made our anniversary one to remember. Will be back in the future!Special Features:
- Something DifferentAnonymousDined on 11/8/2014This is definitely the restaurant to go to for something different, romantic, and fun. The food is delicious and I enjoy mixing and trying different flavors with specific foods I choose to get. While it is rather pricey, it is a good place to go on special occasions. It is also a great place to go with a group of friends or family as well. Certainly up there as one of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- melting pot experienceworkforfoodDined on 11/8/2014Not what I expected. Very elegant. Loved the atmosphere. There was a lot to absorb but our waiter was outstanding. Never rushed us. Food was excellent but rather expensive. Didnt expect the amount of food we received. Be prepared to cook all your own food. But that was fun.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!Poet103Dined on 11/7/2014Couldn't ask for a better experience!! Everything was above and beyond what we were expected. Very high class, very romantic, very private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun as alwayslove2fondueDined on 11/7/2014We have been to this Melting Pot four or five times now and it has been a lot of fun everytime. Great service and wonderful staff that truly enjoys their job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightbobsatDined on 11/1/2014I made a reservation only to wait 30 minutes after my reservation to get a table. The table we were seated at was right across from the bar and by the entrance, so it was noisy and full of people. Not the night away I was expecting. Food was good, though.Special Features:
- Great special occasion mealEmptyNestersDined on 10/31/2014Enjoyed romantic dinner at Melting Pot. Our server did a good job of explaining the process as this was our first visit. Chicken and Sirloin entrees were average but dark chocolate dessert was exceptional. Would return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday DinnerMattDined on 10/25/2014Took my gf for her bday since she'd never been before. We had a 7pm reservation and ended up waiting until 7:15 before our table was ready but we were pleased to find out we were getting a private dinning booth with a curtain. The food was good but I've always felt I'm paying for the unique/fun experience more than I am for the quality of the food I'm getting, and let's face it, you are doing the cooking so if you overcook your lobster, it's your own fault. You're basically sticking vegetables, meat and cakes in boiling liquid, so this isn't prize winning food but It's a good place to go to share a unique eating experience for a fun occasion. It's just not my first choice when I'm planning to spend $100+ dollars on dinner in the plaza.Special Features:
- fav spot This is our first choice.MikeDined on 10/22/2014Everything a couple could ask for !!! Great atmosphere, food and service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceIntimateDinnerDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I recently dined at The Melting Pot and had a rather pleasant experience. The four course meal options were plentiful and from what we selected we were rather satisfied. If you're looking for a intimate experience this is the place to go. For this meal expect it to be in the $100 range for two unless you do the cheese and desert option. Overall we had a good time.Special Features:
- BartendersEatTooDined on 10/19/2014Never fails to deliver a leisurely, romantic date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food and atmosphere are awesome. I recommended this restaurant as a place to celebrate a birthday, we were a party of 6. We traveled from out of town to dine at The Melting Pot, and I was the only individual that had eaten at the restaurant before. I was extremely embarrassed that I had recommended the place. The food is always wonderful but the service this time was horrible! It took us about 20 minutes to get our drinks when we first sat down and then another 45 minutes to receive our food! The waiter tried to rectify the situation best he could, but I felt there were a ton of excuses. It seemed they didn't have enough staff.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!KMC4VBDined on 10/11/2014First time at the melting pot and everything was spectacular. Our server Savannah was delightful! We choose the four course dining experience and had the quattro formaggio as our starter. It was absolutely delicious - the cheese reminded me of a spinach dip but the basil and tomato pesto they added really set it off. The salads were pretty standard - nothing to write home about but you aren't there for salad :) We ordered the filet and duck for our main courses. We had them both in the Coq Au Vin (burgungy wine and herbs) pot - both were excellent. The pot also had mushrooms and potatoes. These take longer to cook but also soak in the taste of the wine and herbs making them delicious. We ended with the smores dessert. It was wonderful!Special Features:
- Spend your dining $$ elsewhere!Reviewer101Dined on 10/11/2014Lack of food quality was only surpassed by the poor and inattentive service.
- first time for everythingBerberDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I went with two other members of my family and we enjoyed ourselves. Good food, good fun. The server was a little rude and even though we look young, doesn't mean the server can treat us like we're young. Even with that, i still intend to come back!Special Features:
- Dylan was Spectacular!GreatServiceDined on 10/4/2014Dylan, our server, made my wife's birthday meal very special. He provided excellent service to us and was very attentive to all of our needs. It was our first time at The Melting Pot. We will definitely be back, mainly due to Dylan's pleasant attitude and kind service. We were instructed by his boss, that he had been there since that morning. He was asked to pull a double shift, and yet he was fully present and kind that evening at 7:00 pm.Special Features:
- Great eveningJNTE1Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoy this location more BY FAR than any other we have been to. We always have great service and a wonderful meal. This is our special occasion venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014First time experience for us. We enjoyed the cheese and chocolate offerings. Well explained. Nicely served. Table we were given was in a location with a too-cool breeze that eventually became uncomfortable. It was a special treatSpecial Features:
- Best BirthdayBestdiningeverDined on 9/27/2014Food was amazing!! Did four course meal. Was so stuffed. The dessert was to die for. Great staff!! Loved candles on tables as well. The private dining rooms as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice romantic dinnerthmswalkDined on 9/26/2014I will recommend to other couples. I am from Virginia and have one there, the biggest difference from location to location is the food choices. This one here in kc was fantastic just not as much seafood as to what I am used to. The service was fantastic the atmosphere is fantastic and decently priced. A great place for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesomekcripperDined on 9/25/2014The food here is continually great. Quiet, romantic place great to actually have a conversation with your date. Our service was a little off this time (slow), but that's the first time I could say that in 5+ years of coming here so I'm not concerned. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion size is very small for the price.JeffDined on 9/20/2014Portion size is very small for the price. Everytime I go to the Melting Pot I feel like I just finished the appetizer and I that I am now ready to go have dinner at another resturaunt. The food is good but the portions are small. The service is very good being attentive but not over bearing.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnersaedarDined on 9/20/2014We like doing fondue for our anniversary and we had been to The Melting Pot last year. Tried new things and all of it was awesome. The best thing, though, was that when the waitress found out it was our anniversary we got comped some champagne. I have never had anything but the most outstanding service here.Special Features:
- very good experience but too $ValueDinerDined on 9/20/2014Cost was$50 per person without drinks. Value was not there for us.Special Features:
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014While we were a little disappointed in the flavoring of the meat we left very happy. Service was great and the chocolate fondue was a real treat. The Art Festival was going on outside which provided for an even more enjoyable evening. Did seem a little pricey but hey it's the Plaza and the abiance your after anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but . . .Love2eatDined on 9/18/2014Can't say enough about the location and ambiance of the restaurant. A perfect place for a romantic special occassion meal. The experience of a fondue meal is the draw to this restaurant--as seen in the prices of a 4 course meal (pricey) and the lack of food brought to your table. A wide variety of choices for cheese fondue, entree fondue and dessert fondue. Would most likely return to this restaurant for dessert fondue--yum! The servers were pleasant and accomodating.Special Features:
- Wasn't worth itjustokayDined on 9/13/2014Wasn't worth the tab, service, seats or food. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend but would describe my okay experience.Special Features:
- Girls' Night Out!EColeDined on 9/8/2014A group of friends and I went out for the Monday Ladies' Night special and had a GREAT time! Cheese, salad, and chocolate for $16 is a fantastic deal and the right amount of food for a light dinner and fantastic dessert. I ordered the "petite entree" just to see what it was like and really didn't think it was worth the extra $8 (although our sweet server gave me a large side of Green Goddess so I was quite happy) -- it's two pieces of shrimp, two pieces of chicken, two ravioli, and two pieces of steak. As always, everything tasted amazing!!Special Features:
- RudeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I had reservations for my anniversary for 2 weeks. I received a phone call 3 hours before my reservation (by which time we were already down and on the plaza enjoying the day) to let me know that my reservation had been cancelled due to unexpected maintenance. Now, I do understand that things come up and sometimes there are set backs. However, I was not offered an apology, I was not offered anything complimentary nor was I offered a small gift card for the inconvenience. I was appalled at the lack of empathy I was given. This was supposed to be a very special evening and we were extremely disappointed!
- Can't rate it-Restaurant CancelledAuntieBDined on 9/6/2014At 3 pm on the day of our reservation for my guy's birthday, I received a call that all reservations were cancelled for that night due to a kitchen emergency. The Melting Pot did transfer my reservation next door to the Plaza III, which was nice. We may try again, but it was very disappointing. As the review won't go through without clicking a star, I'll do a 1. There should be an "N/A" option.
- Birthday Bust!unprofessionalDined on 9/6/2014Arrived for my reservation to a note on the door saying they were closed, two employees leaving told me the pipe burst the night before and they tried to call people to let them know. I did not get a call and no one tried to call. went all the way down there for my birthday dinner and was very disappointed. Probably will not use this system or the melting pot in the future.
- Great time!!!!TreasaandJeremyCruzDined on 9/5/2014John was amazing... will be back, amazing food. Great service and amazing bartenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerNicNCelenaDined on 8/31/2014Amazing service, amazing food. Overall a fantastic experience. Try the turtle chocolate with a spoon of peanut butter added. Heavenly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.