The Melting Pot - Irvine
2646 Dupont Dr #C70
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/irvine/welcome
- Phone: 9499553242
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Our event coordinators can help create customized menus, menu print-outs, wine pairings, and bar packages. The Melting Pot has private booths for two guests up to banquet rooms for groups of 14, 35, and 44 guests or full dining room buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Ginger, firstname.lastname@example.org 9499553242x
A word from The Melting Pot - Irvine
The Melting Pot is the premier fondue restaurant. Enjoy four courses of fondue, fine wine, and fun with your friends, family and colleagues. Savory cheese fondues, entrees cooked tableside that include filet mignon, lobster, and ahi just to name a few, and decadent chocolate fondue for dessert all melt into a unique dining experience. The Melting Pot has several creative martinis and a selection of over 300 fine wines to enhance your dining experience. Intimate booths for two or private rooms for 10+ are available nightly. The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Irvine - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
The Melting Pot - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (61)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Ask for ErnestoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014we go to the Melting Pot all the time and always enjoy the food. this time we had ernesto and he was amazing. prompt, friendly and very knowledgeable! it was our anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better spot to celebrate!Special Features:
- Yummy & Sam our server was perfectMaddiolaDined on 10/20/2014Artichoke fondue was delicious. The house salad was boring but most salads are. Entree was good except the filet mignon tasted irony and my daughter thought so as well. The lobster was generous in size. Dessert, who could say anything bad about chocolate fondue??? It was very good. Our drinks from the bar were made well and the young man who brought them to us was sweet. We met the manager Rosie and she too was very nice. She was clearing tables! I don't managers doing that very often. She said she pitches in whenever she can. The bill was expensive but we had a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for my daughterNaytVIPDined on 10/15/2014My daughter choose Melting Pot for her 13th birthday dinner - it was a great time, excellent food, good service.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceAmazingfoodDined on 10/7/2014I went in for my birthday and had a lovely time! Our server, Esteban, was fantastic; he connected well with our group and was very tentative. The table was perfect for our large group. The food was phenomenal! We cannot wait to come back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun with fonduesomethingnewVIPDined on 10/4/2014We always love going to Melting Pot for a funnier. The staff is very friendly, sauces great....the only problem this time was they didn't offer any broccoli or cauliflower....which we love with the cheese and dinner fondue. Highly recommend though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New staffMistyDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I have eaten at this melting pot for several years. We brought friends and family for a Saturday social dinner. Sadly our service was not up to par. The restaurant normally excels in the attentiveness and service area truly adding the value to the dinner experience. Sadly this Saturday we did not get the same feeling. We had to ask servers of other tables for help. This annoys them and dominishes the welcoming feeling when paying over $50 a person. I hope it is a training issue and the restaurant will return to its previous charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dor datesBab03aDined on 10/3/2014My girlfriend and I went for a date night. I was pleasantly pleased. It is a little pricey, but you can't really beat the intimate vibe that you get from this place. The food tasted great I totally recommend the bacon bourbon cheddar. I didn't know that the you cooked your own food going into it, but that made it light and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love chocolate fondueDineOutOftenDined on 9/24/2014I would only recommend this place for Dessert. The chocolate fondue was delicious. If you go for dinner, just order the cheese and chocolate fondue a la carte. It seems that's what the regulars do. Only order the full 4 course meal package if you have at least 3 hours to sit and dine. The service is friendly but very slow. We had a problem with our meal and had to speak with the manager. Fortunately she made it right and I would return for dessert in the future.Special Features:
- Date night.KwstalkDined on 9/17/2014This was a wonderful place to have night. Great everything! It is a lite pricey thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSlawrenceDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came here for dinner the other night and had an amazing waiter. His name was Ali and was fantastic with everything. We have been here before and really enjoy coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall experience was okaylove2eatalotDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time trying melting pot. We went for our anniversary and it was okay. Could have been better if the room wasn't so hot and the service was better. We waited some time before getting greeted (by the hostess and server it wasn't even busy at the time), service was okay, food was okay. For the price food should have been excellent.
- Cozy table for date nightsksb48VIPDined on 9/12/2014We love coming to Melting Pot for quiet conversation and wine/cheese. We never feel rushed and really enjoy sharing a leisurely meal. We usually get a larger portion of cheese and skip the rest (not a dessert person).Special Features:
- Used to Be Good-Not the Same!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We've been coming to this melting pot for over 10 years and come at least 3 times a year. We've always loved it and had a good meal. This time was different because they changed so much of the menu. We started with our usual artichoke cheese fondue. Unfortunately they changed what came with it-no more green apples, tortilla chips and squaw bread. Those accompaniments were the best part. Luckily our waitress scrounged up some tortilla chips when we complained. Next we ordered the land and sea which had a think flat steak that wasn't edible. Portions overall were way smaller in everything. Waitress never came to run our credit card so we had to take it to bartender. Needless to say, we will never be back.Special Features:
- Cheese and Wine...ksb48VIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Melting Pot for Cheese and wine appetizers....it's great for conversation and tables private and intimate....we will returnSpecial Features:
- A miss tonightksb48VIPDined on 8/30/2014We love to come for cheese and wine. Asked server for dry rose and was told it's under the sparkling section. Specifically indicated we didn't want champagne but a dry rose wine and when the bottle came it was champagne...so we sent back and asked for wine list which took 10 minutes in the meantime we finished 1/2 the cheese and finally server returned to take wine order. Dippers poor no brocccoli or cauliflower. We decided not enough food or time for a whole bottle so we asked for the by the glass menu. That took forever and when it came server recommended Mirassou PN which we decided on. Cheese nearly finished when we finally got wine. Bill came the bottle was on it. Corrected bill listed wrong wine price so sent for correction.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceHappyinIrvineDined on 8/27/2014The Melting Pot - Irvine once again satisfied every one of my needs. The food is great, the service is great and overall I liked everything about this restaurant. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the melting potmeltingpotfavDined on 8/26/2014This is our go-to place for fun dining ... our "young adult" kids love it and the staff always takes good care of us ... two thumbs up!Special Features:
- A great return to Melting Potksb48VIPDined on 8/19/2014We hadn't been to Melting Pot for a few years and decided to stop in for wine/cheese. It was a nice cozy table...perfect for conversation. It allows unrushed time to enjoy each other's company and delicious cheese and wine. We will return.Special Features:
- Melting PotJules3029Dined on 8/19/2014It's really a great experience with dinner. A little costly, but great for a group. Their cheese and chocolate fondue is truly a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningKiwisUsaDined on 8/16/2014Melting Pot is a great place to celebrate a special occasion with your friends and family. You have a enjoyable time dipping your food, cooking it and fishing out the left overs. Service was great. The ambience is a little dark and cool temperature, but that's required to keep you comfortable when the pot starts heating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Too expensive for the small portions. Service slow!!! I would come just for dessertSpecial Features:
- For that Special OccassionMidwkDined on 8/9/2014Food is very good, but if you are real hungry or a big eater, not a good place to go. Nice place to spend a few hours at dinner without having to feel rushed.Special Features:
- Excellent!SilverCoupleDined on 8/5/2014We've celebrated at Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Ritz, and most liked our Fondu in Geneva. The evening matched the memory and enhanced it with the more 'fusion' offerings. IE broths, not just oil. Added oomph options for cheese and desert.Special Features:
- Nice experienceSwatiDined on 8/3/2014It was great visiting Melting Pot the first time. Was recommended some things by the person who attended us. Cheese and Chocolate fondues are awesome. Overall a good experience. Will surely like to visit again.Special Features:
- Would not recommend to anyoneKimbers1Dined on 7/31/2014OpenTable was the best part of my Dining experience. I have been a Melting Pot fan for many years.. But I will not return after my last visit. They forgot to bring my husband and I the bottle of wine we purchased. They changed the menu and the new options are no good (bland, small portions, not fresh). My husbands silverware was dirty, and there was old food splattered all over the walls where we were sitting. The portions for cheese-dipping were so small, when we finished our dippers, we just sat there staring at the fondue pot.. Nothing to dip.. No wine to sip.. Bad food, bad ambiance, bad service. Sorry Melting Pot has declined in such a way.
- Great experience!JonathanDined on 7/31/2014Our family used to live in Virginia. We have enjoyed the Melting Pot in Fredericksburg as well as Charlottesville. We moved back to California in late 2011. We really enjoyed our time at the Irvine facility where we celebrated our son's 28th birthday. Our daughter-in-law had never been to a Melting Pot before. She thought it was Awsome. Thanks for a great time!Special Features:
- Fondue fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at The Melting Pot in Irvine. I brought my friend for her birthday celebration and from the very beginning she was greeted with a "Happy Birthday" from the host and then our pleasant experience continued. She received a card when we arrived at our table. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu items, especially helpful since it was my friend's first time. The food was excellent and we were offered more dippers or sauces to go with out food and at the end of our dining experience we had a Snickers bar chocolate fondue which was to die for! Thank you again for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsneilDined on 7/24/2014Went for anniversary dinner. They had us all the way in the back where it was really private. Server Jess was nice and explained menu well. It's expensive, so it's not somewhere to eat all the time; but great for special occasions. The cheese and chocolate fondue was amazing. The entry wasn't that great if you are a vegetarian. The salad was okay and not worth it to get a la carte. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice surpriseEatwellDined on 7/20/2014We had a great time at the Melting Pot. The Alpine cheese fondue course was very good, but I wish I had tried one of the cheddar flavors. The Orchard salad was excellent. The main courses were good, but I wouldn't order shrimp again. I just like my shrimp prepared differently. The dark chocolate fondue was good, but a little lumpy. Overall, we had a really nice time and very good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionThueDined on 7/19/2014Perfect for a special occasion. The 4 course dinner had just the right amount of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic FavoriteLDTJDined on 7/18/2014My Boyfriend and I frequent this location during special occasions. I.e. Valentines, anniversaries, birthdays. Always a pleasant experience. Best service and of course amazing meal. This place is an experience not just another romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ServerFirstExperienceDined on 7/16/2014Waiter seemed rushed, bored........been there for awhile.......just not "into it" anymore at all......... Didn't take time with us....didn't seem to care about making the night "special"........ Busser that brought water seemed more Upbeat than our server...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for datesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Spend the few extra dollars and get all the extras (rose petals, candles, roses, strawberries, picture & frame) ....your date will melt ;)Special Features:
- Too Much, Too Hot, Too SlowAmyDinMVVIPDined on 7/12/2014Melting Pot is fun and tasty, but our visit was marred by several things. First the restauarant was brutally hot. You are seated around a boiling pot for most of the meal and the booths are snug. Our party was two adults and two skinny teens and we were all sweating. Even after a request to up the AC it remained uncomfortably warm. We were seated at 6 and did not get finished until 8:45. We ordered the four course which we expected to take time, but there were 15 - 20 minute gaps from the time we finished a course before the next course arrived. Why? Maybe because the four course meal is too much food and too expensive? The food was good - but portions need to be smaller by half and the price shoudl come down accordingly.
- A Unique Dining ExperienceTheRECoachDined on 7/11/2014Lil pricey, but really different and fun! Menu can be confusing, so ask!Special Features:
- Playing with Our FoodLiliasDined on 7/7/2014Again, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience at The Melting Pot in Irvine. The food was delightful, service there when you want it, atmosphere just right -- alive but not loud enough to overwhelm conversation. Sergio is the best! I'm so sorry I'm moving away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected except service ws badJohntheFoodieDined on 7/6/2014Food is as expected at any Fondue place. It used to be better here but has got worse because of poor service. The servers are not trained to be customer friendly. For a $300 dinner, you wouldn't expect the server to feel the restaurant is doing the customer a favor. No smiles, rude straight answers - no fun!Special Features:
- consistently delicious!scshellDined on 7/1/2014Such a fun experience that gives you plenty of time to visit with family & friends while enjoying delicious food & drinks!Special Features:
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I took a party of 7 to the melting pot for a birthday celebration and had a fantastic time. The food was great, the waiter was great and the birthday was a success. The only thing I suggest is that you layer your clothing as it gets hot during the main course when your cooking and the air conditioning wasn't down low enough to make up for that. It is a bit pricey but such a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for special occasionsMouseketographerDined on 6/25/2014I had a great time celebrating my birthday here with family. Server Matt was very courteous, efficient, and even stopped to listen to my dad (who can't shut up about his past) on several occasions. After being asked to move tables due to the cooktop being only one temperature, the manager (Rosie) offered to buy our chocolate fondue course, which was a very pleasant surprise to our dining experience. The food is great, because it is customizable to each person, but make sure you and your party can agree on the type of cheese, cooking flavor, and chocolate. Just a warning: it's gonna be hard to decide! Everything is delicious, so whatever you decide, you will not be disappointed. It's also a romantic night out for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1095 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Irvine reviews archive.