The Melting Pot - Irvine
2646 Dupont Dr #C70
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/irvine/welcome
- Phone: (949) 955-3242
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Our event coordinators can help create customized menus, menu print-outs, wine pairings, and bar packages. The Melting Pot has private booths for two guests up to banquet rooms for groups of 14, 35, and 44 guests or full dining room buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Ginger, firstname.lastname@example.org 9499553242x
A word from The Melting Pot - Irvine
The Melting Pot is the premier fondue restaurant. Enjoy four courses of fondue, fine wine, and fun with your friends, family and colleagues. Savory cheese fondues, entrees cooked tableside that include filet mignon, lobster, and ahi just to name a few, and decadent chocolate fondue for dessert all melt into a unique dining experience. The Melting Pot has several creative martinis and a selection of over 300 fine wines to enhance your dining experience. Intimate booths for two or private rooms for 10+ are available nightly. The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Irvine - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
The Melting Pot - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (74)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (37)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Poor Service, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We eat fondue 3-4 times a year and have been to the Irvine location many times. This was the first time that we had horrible service. From the very start the service was bad. Our waiter (Sam) had absolutely no personality. When we asked how the Buffalo cheese fondue was, the response was "I don't serve it very much." Way to sell a product. There was no introduction on the melting pot and any recommendations. Although we are here quite often, there are always new items or old items brought back on the menu. After finishing our first drink and not being asked if we wanted a second drink, we decided to place our glasses on the edge of the table to see if the waiter would notice. Not to our surprise, the waiter set down the food and walked away. As he walked away, we asked if we could get another drink. Really? Who doesn't ask if you want another beverage? Unfortunately, we had to miss our favorite part - the chocolate - as we sat and sat and waited for our waiter to return to our table. We understand that this is not a quick place to get a meal, but 2 hours to eat a salad, cheese and entree is way to long....especially when you are sitting there most of the time, waiting on your server. As I mentioned, we have been here many times and now the time frame. We had to leave as we had a movie to get to. The food was great, but seriously, this waiter should not be working at the Melting Pot. He more than ruined our evening, which was a celebration of our 10th anniversary. If we ever get this waiter again, we will have to ask for a new server. I'm not sure if he was having an off night, but please speak to him or watch him closer on his people skills. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Walked in and was told they were 30 minutes behind on reservations and that we could head to the bar and wait there. Nothing was comped for our inconvenience. Not even one cocktail. You would think they could have at least called to let us know since they had our phone number from our reservation. Hostess was very rude about it. Our reservation was at 745 and we did not sit down until about 830. Our server was aware of this reservation glitch and told us he would hurry along our dinner... Kind of felt like he did not value our time we waited and was more worried about getting his next table. Food was delicious as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!brenna1119Dined on 11/22/2014Great service! Absolutely delicious menu! A fun atmosphere to share with your sweetheart. Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheDebsterDined on 11/17/2014Over priced for what you received. Cheese fondue was very tasty, but choice of vegetables could have been more unique. Carrots were too thick to poke easily thinner carrots could be used. The spinach salad & burgundy dressing was excellent. The meat tray was average. The chocolate fondue was tasty. . We had a secluded both as requested, but we were moved to a noisier booth. Our waiter moved us to a quiet room we had to ourselves. Which was much nicer. Overall it was noise & over priced for the quality you received.Special Features:
- Great fondue experiencemellowtastyeatsDined on 11/16/2014The Melting Pot is a nice fondue restaurant. Very friendly to take kids for their first fondue experience. Food was excellent, as was the service. It is definitely a bit pricey, but as long as you are prepared for that, you should really enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was the normal food it was good. The service was lousy. The waiter was rude to us. He never refilled our drink we had to ask over and over again. Even though we asked he would only refill one of the waters of the table at a time, he also forgot our salad. One of the people I our party dropped a fork and had to ask 3 times before it was replaced. It was like we were an bother to the waitor. Would never go to that location again.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014We celebrated our anniversary dinner here and from the moment we stepped in we were blown away with the friendliness of the staff. I’m so glad we chose this place for our event. We never felt rushed, everyone was courteous and friendly. The food was amazing and we were given a private table away from all other diners. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014Food is good, but it's a little over priced. It was fun to cook yourself and there is a good selection for your entrée choice.Special Features:
- Nice place for a romantic dinnerbwhoweDined on 11/8/2014Took my wife out for our 18th anniversary and had a great time. The staff were courteous and prompt. Everything was explained simply and elegantly. The food was exactly as described and filling. Nothing was left to waste. Great overall experience.Special Features:
- A Birthday BeautyScrumculescentDined on 11/6/2014The Melting Pot provided a very classy, upscale environment that was perfect for celebrating a romantic birthday with my wife. It was our first time and the menu was thoroughly explained to us so we could find the entree that we would enjoy the most. The food was delicious and of high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!BirthdayGirlDined on 11/1/2014We visited Melting Pot, Irvine, for my birthday last year. We had such a wonderful experience that we decided to go back this year. We were NOT disappointed! The food was amazing, the service was wonderful, and the ambiance was great! We are ready to reserve for my birthday next year.Special Features:
- Great spot for date night!TigerLilyDined on 10/31/2014We had the duck, filet mignon and sesame crusted ahi and it was all delish! Sometimes it's challenging to find a casual but intimate setting, quiet enough to have meaningful conversations for a date AND serves delicious food. It's great to be able to have a nice leisurely dinner without the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun dining experienceHonest1VIPDined on 10/31/2014The Melting Pot is great- it offers a unique dining experience. It is fun to do something different from the norm once in awhile. The best parts of the meal are the cheese and the dessert so consider going for an appetizer or after dinner for dessert.Special Features:
- Something Special AlwaysKarinHDined on 10/26/2014Have been here a few times, always for a special occasion. The food is fun, menu is excellent and diverse. Anything in a fondue pot will make you smile. Service was good. Lobster excellent !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beDisappointedDined on 10/24/2014I went with my family for a birthday dinner hoping to have a great evening. Front desk staff and bar staff were great. When we got to our table the waitress obviously was in a hurry and tried to up-sell and change our minds and order decisions. She spoke so fast no one could understand her. It was a special occasion and when the bill is near 400 you expect quality food and service.Special Features:
- Ask for ErnestoRubyDined on 10/21/2014we go to the Melting Pot all the time and always enjoy the food. this time we had ernesto and he was amazing. prompt, friendly and very knowledgeable! it was our anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better spot to celebrate!Special Features:
- Yummy & Sam our server was perfectMaddiolaDined on 10/20/2014Artichoke fondue was delicious. The house salad was boring but most salads are. Entree was good except the filet mignon tasted irony and my daughter thought so as well. The lobster was generous in size. Dessert, who could say anything bad about chocolate fondue??? It was very good. Our drinks from the bar were made well and the young man who brought them to us was sweet. We met the manager Rosie and she too was very nice. She was clearing tables! I don't managers doing that very often. She said she pitches in whenever she can. The bill was expensive but we had a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for my daughterNaytVIPDined on 10/15/2014My daughter choose Melting Pot for her 13th birthday dinner - it was a great time, excellent food, good service.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceAmazingfoodDined on 10/7/2014I went in for my birthday and had a lovely time! Our server, Esteban, was fantastic; he connected well with our group and was very tentative. The table was perfect for our large group. The food was phenomenal! We cannot wait to come back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun with fonduesomethingnewVIPDined on 10/4/2014We always love going to Melting Pot for a funnier. The staff is very friendly, sauces great....the only problem this time was they didn't offer any broccoli or cauliflower....which we love with the cheese and dinner fondue. Highly recommend though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New staffMistyDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I have eaten at this melting pot for several years. We brought friends and family for a Saturday social dinner. Sadly our service was not up to par. The restaurant normally excels in the attentiveness and service area truly adding the value to the dinner experience. Sadly this Saturday we did not get the same feeling. We had to ask servers of other tables for help. This annoys them and dominishes the welcoming feeling when paying over $50 a person. I hope it is a training issue and the restaurant will return to its previous charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dor datesBab03aDined on 10/3/2014My girlfriend and I went for a date night. I was pleasantly pleased. It is a little pricey, but you can't really beat the intimate vibe that you get from this place. The food tasted great I totally recommend the bacon bourbon cheddar. I didn't know that the you cooked your own food going into it, but that made it light and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love chocolate fondueDineOutOftenDined on 9/24/2014I would only recommend this place for Dessert. The chocolate fondue was delicious. If you go for dinner, just order the cheese and chocolate fondue a la carte. It seems that's what the regulars do. Only order the full 4 course meal package if you have at least 3 hours to sit and dine. The service is friendly but very slow. We had a problem with our meal and had to speak with the manager. Fortunately she made it right and I would return for dessert in the future.Special Features:
- Date night.KwstalkDined on 9/17/2014This was a wonderful place to have night. Great everything! It is a lite pricey thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSlawrenceDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came here for dinner the other night and had an amazing waiter. His name was Ali and was fantastic with everything. We have been here before and really enjoy coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall experience was okaylove2eatalotDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time trying melting pot. We went for our anniversary and it was okay. Could have been better if the room wasn't so hot and the service was better. We waited some time before getting greeted (by the hostess and server it wasn't even busy at the time), service was okay, food was okay. For the price food should have been excellent.
- Cozy table for date nightsksb48VIPDined on 9/12/2014We love coming to Melting Pot for quiet conversation and wine/cheese. We never feel rushed and really enjoy sharing a leisurely meal. We usually get a larger portion of cheese and skip the rest (not a dessert person).Special Features:
- Used to Be Good-Not the Same!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We've been coming to this melting pot for over 10 years and come at least 3 times a year. We've always loved it and had a good meal. This time was different because they changed so much of the menu. We started with our usual artichoke cheese fondue. Unfortunately they changed what came with it-no more green apples, tortilla chips and squaw bread. Those accompaniments were the best part. Luckily our waitress scrounged up some tortilla chips when we complained. Next we ordered the land and sea which had a think flat steak that wasn't edible. Portions overall were way smaller in everything. Waitress never came to run our credit card so we had to take it to bartender. Needless to say, we will never be back.Special Features:
- Cheese and Wine...ksb48VIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Melting Pot for Cheese and wine appetizers....it's great for conversation and tables private and intimate....we will returnSpecial Features:
- A miss tonightksb48VIPDined on 8/30/2014We love to come for cheese and wine. Asked server for dry rose and was told it's under the sparkling section. Specifically indicated we didn't want champagne but a dry rose wine and when the bottle came it was champagne...so we sent back and asked for wine list which took 10 minutes in the meantime we finished 1/2 the cheese and finally server returned to take wine order. Dippers poor no brocccoli or cauliflower. We decided not enough food or time for a whole bottle so we asked for the by the glass menu. That took forever and when it came server recommended Mirassou PN which we decided on. Cheese nearly finished when we finally got wine. Bill came the bottle was on it. Corrected bill listed wrong wine price so sent for correction.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceHappyinIrvineDined on 8/27/2014The Melting Pot - Irvine once again satisfied every one of my needs. The food is great, the service is great and overall I liked everything about this restaurant. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the melting potmeltingpotfavDined on 8/26/2014This is our go-to place for fun dining ... our "young adult" kids love it and the staff always takes good care of us ... two thumbs up!Special Features:
- A great return to Melting Potksb48VIPDined on 8/19/2014We hadn't been to Melting Pot for a few years and decided to stop in for wine/cheese. It was a nice cozy table...perfect for conversation. It allows unrushed time to enjoy each other's company and delicious cheese and wine. We will return.Special Features:
- Melting PotJules3029Dined on 8/19/2014It's really a great experience with dinner. A little costly, but great for a group. Their cheese and chocolate fondue is truly a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningKiwisUsaDined on 8/16/2014Melting Pot is a great place to celebrate a special occasion with your friends and family. You have a enjoyable time dipping your food, cooking it and fishing out the left overs. Service was great. The ambience is a little dark and cool temperature, but that's required to keep you comfortable when the pot starts heating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Too expensive for the small portions. Service slow!!! I would come just for dessertSpecial Features:
- For that Special OccassionMidwkDined on 8/9/2014Food is very good, but if you are real hungry or a big eater, not a good place to go. Nice place to spend a few hours at dinner without having to feel rushed.Special Features:
- Excellent!SilverCoupleDined on 8/5/2014We've celebrated at Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Ritz, and most liked our Fondu in Geneva. The evening matched the memory and enhanced it with the more 'fusion' offerings. IE broths, not just oil. Added oomph options for cheese and desert.Special Features:
- Nice experienceSwatiDined on 8/3/2014It was great visiting Melting Pot the first time. Was recommended some things by the person who attended us. Cheese and Chocolate fondues are awesome. Overall a good experience. Will surely like to visit again.Special Features:
- Would not recommend to anyoneKimbers1Dined on 7/31/2014OpenTable was the best part of my Dining experience. I have been a Melting Pot fan for many years.. But I will not return after my last visit. They forgot to bring my husband and I the bottle of wine we purchased. They changed the menu and the new options are no good (bland, small portions, not fresh). My husbands silverware was dirty, and there was old food splattered all over the walls where we were sitting. The portions for cheese-dipping were so small, when we finished our dippers, we just sat there staring at the fondue pot.. Nothing to dip.. No wine to sip.. Bad food, bad ambiance, bad service. Sorry Melting Pot has declined in such a way.