The Melting Pot - Greensboro
2924 A Battleground Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Greensboro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/greensboro/specials
- Phone: 3365456233
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room that seats 28 adults comfortably. Will open early for parties of 15 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3365456233
A word from The Melting Pot - Greensboro
The "Triad"s Best Restaurant". 2 years in a row states Yes Weekly. "The Melting Pot is pure entertainment" declares the NY Times. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a gathering of friends for a bridal or baby shower, Girl's Night Out, or birthday The Melting Pot has the recipe to make all your occasions special. Relax in our inviting,elegant atmosphere and let our attentive servers guide you through our selection of fondues, sauces and fine wines. Winner of "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
The Melting Pot - Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (65)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Overall it was ok. Thank goodness for good company and great atmosphere. For the price paid, I would liked to have not feel rushed out the next time I visit. I feel like the server was constantly taking away our food items before we could even finish and he brought the tab when the dessert came out (not after, not during, but before we even got started on the 4th course). Then he was constantly checking to see if I had paid yet. For somewhere like that, I don't want to feel rushed. Also, the amount of Chocolate at the end wasn't even enough to actually "fondue" and we had to ask for more because we basically had to scrap the sides of the pot and toss and turn the item to get enough chocolate on it. Other than those 2 things, good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsBrianDined on 9/23/2014The food and service were great - quiet lighting and soft music helped. With our "special coupon" we were sent, it was still $70 for 2 people (no alcohol), then more for tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fantastic experienceFoodiePatootieDined on 9/21/2014Great for cheese and wine before a show, or dessert after a show. Dinner was fantastic, very tasty. It's a little difficult to keep track of what has been in for how many minutes. After the first bite, you spend 2 minutes salivating until your next bite of filet is cooked. Hahaha, but it's well worth the wait! There are so many options and cooking styles....I can't wait to go back and try different combinations. The serving staff really knows what they are doing. Great for a party of 2 or 4, might be harder to agree on options with more than 4 people. I highly recommend making The Melting Pot a part of date night, even if it's just for wine and cheese, or just for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious as always, but the prices went up and the portion sizes went down so we likely won't return. Our surver Ashley, was unfriendly, rude, and rushed us the whole night. It was not the melting pot experience we were hoping for.Special Features:
- Wife's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014One of my wife's favorite places to eat. It was nice to be able to add the birthday card and flowers and have them already at the table when we arrived. Food was so good (as always). Would have liked dimmer lighting as we are used to the Melting Pot location in Charlotte which has very private tables and very dim lighting. Overall it was a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Excellent for not a fanNotFondueFanDined on 9/14/2014I am not a big fan of Melting Pot, but my wife is. We celebrated at the Greensboro Melting Pot and had a fabulous outstanding experience. The atmosphere was great, clean, and vibrant. Our waiter, Josh was excellent and attentive. The food was phenomenal. All in all we had a great experience and will visit again. As I am not a big fan of the fondue scene it will be for special occasions to treat my wife, but we will be back.Special Features:
- What an experience!AmosDined on 9/14/2014First time diners after hearing and seeing many positive reviews. We had a total, top-notch experience. Our server was very patient with explaining everything and offered great suggestions and hints that enhanced our experience. Atmosphere was quiet, quaint, and perfect for our anniversary celebration. Thank you for a wonderful evening to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.DanInTampaDined on 9/13/2014I took my daughter there for a daddy-daughter date. I live in Tampa and I've been to Tampa and Orlando's locations. This one shares a building with Papa John's pizza with inadequate parking. The single bathroom's fixtures were not up to snuff, and there were no Melting Pot paper towels. Although there was enough food to fill us, the amount of food on the entry plate appears to be less than I am used to, yet the cost was the same. Service was almost excellent (no complaints). I would not recommend this location if you're looking for a truly romantic night, though other occasions might be nice (my daughter loved it). I wouldn't be complaining but considering the cost I was expecting better.
- Wonderful for an anniversaryMomof2Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went for our 6th wedding anniversary for the first time. It was a wonderful experience and the food was DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBdaycelebrationDined on 9/13/2014We were lucky enough to get an excellent server, she was on top of everything, super friendly and full of energy. We loved everything!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue DeluxebonnebouffeDined on 9/4/2014For anyone who is not familiar with fondue cuisine, or for those who are, the Melting Pot in Greensboro is a top-level establishment. The welcoming atmosphere and meticulous service make for a superb dining experience. The entrée menu offers a wide choice of foods including seafood, meats, and vegetables for most every palate with 4 fondue styles available. Dessert is a delight and a highlight of the meal with several rich, chocolate fondue blends that coat strawberries, bananas, pineapple, marshmallows and other goodies. The restaurant is divided into intimate, enclosed tables perfect for a romantic dinner or a celebratory meal such as our daughter's birthday celebration. It will always be on top of the list for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedYummyDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I always enjoy coming to the Melting Pot, and this visit was great. Our server was friendly and attentive, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!JcsncDined on 8/31/2014We have been coming to The Melting Pot for several years now and it never ceases to please us. The service is great and the food is wonderful. Great place for special occasions as they do not rush you through dinner.Special Features:
- We Love Fondue!michellenchuckDined on 8/25/2014Great place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. Servers are very attentive and friendly. There is always something new on the menu to try. We've never been disappointed in the past 10 years of going to The Melting Pot. It is highly recommended for a wonderful, delicious fondue experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionmaryDined on 8/24/2014We went to The Melting Pot for our 35TH anniversary. We had good service, a good meal and a pleasant atmosphere to enjoy our evening!Special Features:
- Great for your anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our server was excellent. Highly in tune to our needs and fun. This is important since you spend more time together because of the fondue experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timescindy1969Dined on 8/20/2014A great girls night out with cheese and chocolate fondue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreletseatDined on 8/10/2014Waiter was apathetic, acted like a robot, no personality,and when you spend $250 on dinner the service better be excellent. Food quality was marginal, and unexciting.Special Features:
- Made the evening very special.Kidney5Dined on 8/9/2014Five years ago, my wife had a life saving transplant. We chose to celebrate this anniversary with fondue. I was quite pleased with the exceptional care and service we were given.Special Features:
- not a good experienceLisa5runDined on 8/9/2014Service was extremely slow. On all aspects, water refills, bar orders, food. Dinner took a little over 3 hours! Typically only takes 2.Special Features:
- A 1 place to dineMichellenAshleyDined on 8/2/2014We came to The Melting pot for our 4th year anniversary ....we had the most enjoyable, relaxed, and fun filled night and we have been telling everyone they need to go to The Melting Pot in Greensboro NC. We will be back more often and with friends and family tagging along. Josh W was the best waiter I have ever had please thank him again for a very memorable night. Michelle & AshleySpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerluvmeltingpotDined on 7/30/2014I have never been disappointed by The Melting Pot. They always deliver and amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and DeliciousTiffanadaDined on 7/30/2014This is one of our favorite special occasion restaurants. My husband and I recently dined for our anniversary here. With the 4 courses and 4 specialty drinks, our bill was $122 before tip. You can tailor your meal to your liking; but the best deal is the 4 courses. Even if you skip one of the other courses, you MUST have the chocolate fondue dessert! With a wide array of selections, you are bound to be pleased with your Melting Pot experience. I have always had exceptional service and we will return! If you become a free member of their fondue club, you will receive special offers and invitations to events. Well worth the price of admission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justthe2ofusDined on 7/27/2014One of our favorite places for an anniversary dinner or special date night. Food is always delicious and service attentive without being over-bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome date nightHarmonatorDined on 7/25/2014This place is always top notch! Great place for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodcjgg1Dined on 7/18/2014Good food and service had fun! Manager came and spoke to us.she was very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysYumtasticDined on 7/14/2014The Melting Pot did not dissappoint. It was great as always and now is more affordable with the different menu options for the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Melting PotdanyfraDined on 7/9/2014Took my wife there for her birthday diner. When making the reservation, I told them it was a special occasion. When we got there, everybody wished happy birthday to my wife, they had a card for her and we even got a picture of us in a little frame. It was a really nice touch. Our server was great explaining everything on the menu. Food was very good, and proportions are just right. After a 4 courses meal, we left full, without forcing ourselves to finish, or boxing leftovers. We also were seating in a nice little corner, cosy and romantic. It was perfect for this occasion, we had a wonderful evening there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Excellent food and service and a fun way to eat! Good for families or couples. ackage deals area nice touch too for those special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversarysburke318Dined on 6/28/2014I brought my girlfriend here for our first anniversary and it was as perfect as it could've been. This was only my second time but it was even better than the last. I would and have recommended this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicejkfaucetDined on 6/25/2014The service was excellent. Very impressed with the management and service at all levels.Special Features:
- horribleDined on 6/18/2014Didn't enjoy at all. Service wasnt good.the manager there made a smart comment as we were leaving because we arrived 6mins late to our reservation.Special Features:
- greatowlysonDined on 6/13/2014We are never disappointed with our visits to Melting Pot. Great staff, Josh L. Is the best! Food quality stays consistant, yet menu slightly changes just enough to stay interesting each time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurantsnwwhteDined on 6/7/2014This was my first time dunning here. Our server Brandon was very helpful and courteous. The good was absolutely delicious! The atmosphere was excellent! Definitely recommend it for a romantic evening or just for a girls night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experience!CarrieschuDined on 6/5/2014My husband once joked that it seemed silly to go to a restaurant where you cook your own food. Not only is the food delicious but the experience is wonderfully intimate and engaging for a couple of small group. In this age of people attached at the thumbs to their smartphone, getting "hands-on" with your food may be just what makes the meal memorable. Surpassing service makes it even more enjoyable. Some tips: if you are celebrating a special occasion let them know when making your reservation so they can prepare. Sign up on their email list to get coupons such as free chocolate covered strawberries for your birthday or anniversary. You can ask for more food items to dip in your cheese or chocolate at no charge! Save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 175 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Greensboro reviews archive.
- GreatNanaDined on 5/31/2014Loved it. Great food and time had by everyone will go back soon. Grand babies loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL FIRST DATE PLACEBEALEDined on 5/30/2014We had the meal with every kinds of meat. That was a good suggestion from the waiter. We were a little shy when it came to cooking at the table but next [time we will be better prepared. a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeters were rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014When we entered the restaurant we were met by some rude hostesses. We were finally led to a table after they figured out who we would be given to as we were only having dessert. The waitress seemed disappointed to get a water-drinking chocolate-only table but seemed to at least try to fake friendliness. We felt very rushed out of there but ended up leaving a sizeable tip as a lesson that you shouldn't judge someone on appearance alone. I was very polite despite their incompetence as my daughter enjoyed her 13th birthday with her two best friends. Our bill was $34 and we left the girl almost $17 for getting stuck with an "easy to please" group of kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decentKagome5591Dined on 5/21/2014The food was very tasty and the service was excellent, though the food was even more pricey than expected and the portion sizes were quite small.Special Features:
- Grata placeHarmonatorDined on 5/17/2014This is the perfect place to take a date. Very quiet and romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.