The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids
2090 Celebration Dr NE, Ste 130
Grand Rapids, MI 49525Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/grand-rapids
- Phone: 6163650055x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day
Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for all of your large party needs. Whether it’s a feast with friends or a corporate gathering our private dining room offers the atmosphere and functionality you need to enjoy a Perfect Night Out.
Party Room Features Include: Seating for up to 32 guests, frosted glass doors for privacy, projection screen for presentations, structured seating layout perfect for guest speakers.
A word from The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids
Welcome to The Melting Pot. We offer a truly unique dining experience created by the art of fondue. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (77)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (22)notable wine list (17)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Experience was good!brandeenaDined on 10/18/2014This was a different experience for my husband and I. We did not care for the portion of the entréeSpecial Features:
- Amazing food..somewhat slow serviceTTTTDined on 10/17/2014Really good food. Everything we had was delicious! We came in around 9:15 on a Friday, figuring we'd be done before the restaurant closes at 11. Granted we did do a full dinner. Our waiter was amazing...really personable and fun and witty. Though it seemed like they could have gotten us out of there sooner with a little more speed between courses and when originally seating us/taking our drink order. All in all it was wonderful. Felt bad that we didn't leave until after 11. Waiter didn't seem to mind.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourkellylDined on 10/16/2014My sister and I went in for the happy hour special: half off cheese and chocolate fondue. We had the Spinach Artichoke cheese and it was amazing! I like that they mix the ingredients right there at your table. The Flaming Turtle dessert was delicious. Our server, Tina, was excellent: attentive but not smothering. She was very familiar with the menu and answered all of our questions thoroughly. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Perfect as AlwaysMijahuDined on 10/15/2014My wife and I have gone to Melting Pot for many years. We have made it our special place for almost every date night we have (which are fairly rare). Every time there has been one or two minor things that have stopped me from giving an outstanding score (tables not ready by reserved time, food choice is out). This last time though was not great. In terms of service and food, still awesome (just a little slow), however, we were not seated in the area i asked for (although still more romatic than the main rooms) and then even worse, the patrons next to us decided everyone was on their date with how loud they were. I can tell you intimate details of their lives now. We came to be intimate with each other...not other couples.Special Features:
- Great for dates, bring your $$$!DontMindIfIFondueDined on 10/13/2014Went here on a date with my girlfriend. I was in town visiting from Mississippi and we needed somewhere to go for a date night. We decided on Melting Pot, not really knowing what to expect. We didn't even know that it was a fondue restaurant. But it was amazing! The service was great! The food was amazing! It is quite pricey for not a while lot of food, which is my only real complaint, but it was still very good! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service!!!Whtvr03Dined on 10/11/2014The food would have been great, however, our completely unattentive waitress failed to turn down our oil and actually burnt the oil thus burning the food. Took 20 minutes for her to get us a drink (on both occasions we ordered drinks) and we had to ask for everything twice as she kept forgetting. Told her I was allergic to shrimp and then she brings me a plate with shrimp. Not the first time we had bad service here, either. Sad, the one in Detroit is a lot better!!Special Features:
- Anniversary FaveDonotgetoutmuchDined on 10/10/2014There was only one choice for our anniversary again this year...and The Melting Pot was it! Very pleased that when confirming my online reservation the kind gentleman, Brian, on the other end was noting the conversation, my husbands name, our actual anniversary date and the number of years we were celebrating - we were placed at a quiet table for two in the back where we were greeted with some of the happenings from the day we were married!! Great touch! We love The Melting Pot and this was above and beyond - KUDOS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Absolutely love! Favorite restaurant by far. Such a unique experience with delicious food and great service! I would recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceagentDined on 9/29/2014Our server was great, he was not your typical boring server. He continually made sure that we were entertained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Chocolate FondueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We usually go once a year for special occasions. They had a new menu that broke down the price per person. Still only had one pot of cheese, broth, and chocolate to share. The cheddar cheese fondue was very good except a little too much garlic. The meat we selected was the sirloin, shrimp, pork, and ahi tuna. All was pretty good except the tuna wasn't sushi grade and was a little too fishy. The chocolate fondue was excellent as always. I also had the wine pairing flight. Great choices with the meal.Special Features:
- Fun!Social123Dined on 9/27/2014The Melting Pot is great if you are seeking a social experience with other diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isanely Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The Melting Pot was absolutely amazing! Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Extremely Slow Servicelthearted1Dined on 9/27/2014We went to The Melting Pot for lunch as a new experience for my daughter and a girlfriend. The service was extremely slow but friendly. It took 2 1/2 hours to get through a cheese appetizer and main entree meal. The waiter was very nice and knowledgeable but seemed to be the only waiter and he was also taking care of a large group as well as several small groups. The manager came by a couple of times to see how we were doing and brought us the check. We had given our waiter a coupon for free chocolate dipped strawberry's but had to ask the hostess before we left where they were and discovered she had them at the desk. No one had told us they were there, so if we hadn't asked, we would have left without them.Special Features:
- A+traskslDined on 9/26/2014Our server was fantastic and the food was beyond excellent.Special Features:
- Exactly as I remember itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Beautiful restaurant, great food. But Just like the one in Chicago pricey and dinner takes forever. This is mostly due to the nature of the fondue meal so just remember if your doing anything else, plan an hour and a half to two hours for the meal. we had to cut out desert in order to get back downtown for a show that we ended up being an hour late for...Special Features:
- Good and PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The Melting Pot serves some very good food. It is very high priced for the pleasure of cooking your own food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!AdamWDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary here, and the staff made it so special and enjoyable. The entire staff signed a Happy Anniversary card, they drizzled "Happy Anniversary" in icing onto our dessert plates, and gave us complimentary chocolate covered strawberries to take home. The staff was incredibly kind, very energetic, and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! What a Memorable Night!daltDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our sons 20th birthday and it was our first experience at The Melting Pot. The service was excellent as well as the food. We will return.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningmerlotqueenDined on 9/13/2014Dinner and service was wonderful. My husband and I took my brother and sister in law out for his birthday. We are seasoned vets at the melting pot, but they've never been so it was great to the excitement their eyes when course after course came out. It was a great night and we WILL be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TheguyDined on 9/6/2014The Melting Pot was outstanding! The service was prompt and friendly, and the menu was explained thoroughly. The seating was beautiful, with each table being separated from the others, deleting the awkward stare-down that is inevitable with the other customers. The food was absolutely stunning, both in taste and appearance. It was a bit pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for!Special Features:
- Great service!!GinnyDined on 9/5/2014Anthony was our server and was outstanding! He explained everything at detail for us and was always making sure we were taken care of! It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Was very impressed with The Melting Pot. Good food and service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Food was good service was NOT!! We mentioned Groupon and service very quickly was bad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!StaciLynnDined on 8/24/2014This was our first experience at The Melting Pot and it couldn't have been better! Amazing food, great service, awesome atmosphere! A little pricey but it's worth it! Perfect for a romantic dinner for two! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bummed...tigers67Dined on 8/23/2014We were so excited to try out The Melting Pot! However, from the second we entered the restaurant, we felt as if we didn't "fit" or something.. just the vibe we got from the hostess and server, and other guests. It was indeed a quiet, ambient, secluded feel, which was nice, but our server seemed kind of annoyed at us since this was our first time dining. We weren't sure how the fondue-style-menu worked out, and had lots of questions. This server answered them, but his demeanor and personality weren't attractive while doing so. The food was good, not to die for, and if we go back it will only be for the dessert - the chocolate fondue was the best out of the whole night! Very delicious, along with the desserts to dip in. Interesting night.Special Features:
- Good JOB!!KrupmanDined on 8/19/2014As professional single parents not getting much free time to have date nights, this place took the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Refreshing ExperienceNerdLuv42Dined on 8/18/2014After being on vacation for a week of mediocre restaurant experiences, my wife and I decided to take advantage of the GR Restaurant Week deal and have dinner at the melting pot. The food and services were excellent. Our table was always well observed, and food came out at a great pace. It has always been an excellent experience when going.Special Features:
- the melting potagentDined on 8/11/2014Everything was perfect the food our waitress. The only problem we had, was with the hostess she had a gray spirit. Which killed of the mood. but our waitress was sure to turn that around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experience, Expectaion not metStaffingDined on 8/10/2014I had heard great thing about the restaurant, so we wanted to try it for our anniversary. Upon walking in I was immediately impressed then FLAT. Took almost 3 minutes to be greeted and we were immediately greeted with apologizes. Upon being sat at a table I was more than pleased. Waitress was great, personable, outgoing, explained everything very well. So did the rest of the staff to the tables around us. The only exception is that the entire restaurant was understaffed and the service was incredibly SLOW. We sat quite some time between courses and with out water on a few occasions. The waitress and manager both asked how things were and my response was the same as it is here. GREAT but a seems to be very slow paced.Special Features:
- Too expensive for the tasteNOTAFANDined on 8/10/2014For the price of the food, the experience was ok but the food did not taste that great.Special Features:
- Excellent food and experience.DinerDined on 8/6/2014The experience was excellent along with the food and service. The ahi tuna was my favorite. We will return but found the price to be high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but priceyluvfoodDined on 8/4/2014Maybe all the hype made the experience not as great as we expected it to be. The service was subpar from the unfriendly hostess seating us to our waiter than never checked back on us or refilled our drinks. We saw another waiter who was really informative and eager to give excellent service, unfortunately we got stuck with a dud. We ordered the fondue for you where you get three choices each. The classic broth fondue was lackluster. The vegetables were good but really only enough to serve one person and not the two of us. My sirloin and filet just came out tasting like a boiled steak. Really not worth the money but maybe we ordered the wrong thing. I'd go there again but would hope for better service and a guide toward better food choices.Special Features:
- Great!!Williams1Dined on 8/2/2014The Melting Pot was a great way to celebrate our 12th year anniversary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Was not very happy that you can use a Groupon any day except for Saturday. We did receive a small discount, because of it. Very overpriced but a great first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencefonduerDined on 7/26/2014The Melting Pot is a great place to meet friends for a meal. It is a relaxed dining process that allows for plenty of leisurely conversation as you share and cook your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 17 year old's birthday choicebirthday17Dined on 7/24/2014We called ahead for a "Birthday Event" everything at the table was as advertised ..The hostess was not the warmest friendliest but OK. Our server introduced himself and was available and perfect all night. This is a unique menu and style and takes a lot of explaining especially for kids,,we had our 17 and 12 year old.. They loved the whole night.. The Fondue experience and the flavors were excellent..everyone was happy with their choices.. they were OK with bringing in a couple of gifts and that was very cool. The Manager on duty came by a couple times checking on things ,,,very nice..Just a bit of "sticker shock" when the bill showed at $189.00 with tip ,,,severe $220..other than that Great!!!Special Features:
- An experienceAllingoodtasteDined on 7/20/2014This is a very slow and intentional way to eat, so don't go there famished. The salads were fresh and crispy and both the traditional and mojo bullion bases for the cook pots were flavorful without being too salty. Many different meats were tried and everyone was pleased by the quality of them, especially the pork and shrimp. The different sauces served with the entrees added an extra depth of flavor to the meal. Raw veggies came separately which we threw right into the pots to cook along with the meats. We ended with a turtle chocolate fondue which was good fun with its bits and pieces of dessert fare, but it was a bit too sweet. I'd go for a darker chocolate one next time. Great service made it a wonderful evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Very good as usual. One of our favorite places. Probably too long of experience for young kids, but otherwise great.Special Features:
- Awesome!FondueMasterDined on 7/12/2014The food is so amazing at the Melting Pot, I would suggest anyone to at least try it once!Special Features:
- Awesome ExperiencelovethepotDined on 7/12/2014The melting pot was such a fun dining experience. The food was great with amazing flavors and the service was awesome. I have never tasted such great flavors in vegetables! I would definitely recommend it to everyone! It is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. I wish I could afford to dine more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.