The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids
2090 Celebration Dr NE, Ste 130
Grand Rapids, MI 49525Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/grand-rapids
- Phone: 6163650055x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day
Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for all of your large party needs. Whether it’s a feast with friends or a corporate gathering our private dining room offers the atmosphere and functionality you need to enjoy a Perfect Night Out.
Party Room Features Include: Seating for up to 32 guests, frosted glass doors for privacy, projection screen for presentations, structured seating layout perfect for guest speakers.
A word from The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids
Welcome to The Melting Pot. We offer a truly unique dining experience created by the art of fondue. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
The Melting Pot - Grand Rapids reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (68)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (15)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Food was good service was NOT!! We mentioned Groupon and service very quickly was bad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!StaciLynnDined on 8/24/2014This was our first experience at The Melting Pot and it couldn't have been better! Amazing food, great service, awesome atmosphere! A little pricey but it's worth it! Perfect for a romantic dinner for two! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bummed...tigers67Dined on 8/23/2014We were so excited to try out The Melting Pot! However, from the second we entered the restaurant, we felt as if we didn't "fit" or something.. just the vibe we got from the hostess and server, and other guests. It was indeed a quiet, ambient, secluded feel, which was nice, but our server seemed kind of annoyed at us since this was our first time dining. We weren't sure how the fondue-style-menu worked out, and had lots of questions. This server answered them, but his demeanor and personality weren't attractive while doing so. The food was good, not to die for, and if we go back it will only be for the dessert - the chocolate fondue was the best out of the whole night! Very delicious, along with the desserts to dip in. Interesting night.Special Features:
- Good JOB!!KrupmanDined on 8/19/2014As professional single parents not getting much free time to have date nights, this place took the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Refreshing ExperienceNerdLuv42Dined on 8/18/2014After being on vacation for a week of mediocre restaurant experiences, my wife and I decided to take advantage of the GR Restaurant Week deal and have dinner at the melting pot. The food and services were excellent. Our table was always well observed, and food came out at a great pace. It has always been an excellent experience when going.Special Features:
- the melting potagentDined on 8/11/2014Everything was perfect the food our waitress. The only problem we had, was with the hostess she had a gray spirit. Which killed of the mood. but our waitress was sure to turn that around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experience, Expectaion not metStaffingDined on 8/10/2014I had heard great thing about the restaurant, so we wanted to try it for our anniversary. Upon walking in I was immediately impressed then FLAT. Took almost 3 minutes to be greeted and we were immediately greeted with apologizes. Upon being sat at a table I was more than pleased. Waitress was great, personable, outgoing, explained everything very well. So did the rest of the staff to the tables around us. The only exception is that the entire restaurant was understaffed and the service was incredibly SLOW. We sat quite some time between courses and with out water on a few occasions. The waitress and manager both asked how things were and my response was the same as it is here. GREAT but a seems to be very slow paced.Special Features:
- Too expensive for the tasteNOTAFANDined on 8/10/2014For the price of the food, the experience was ok but the food did not taste that great.Special Features:
- Excellent food and experience.DinerDined on 8/6/2014The experience was excellent along with the food and service. The ahi tuna was my favorite. We will return but found the price to be high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but priceyluvfoodDined on 8/4/2014Maybe all the hype made the experience not as great as we expected it to be. The service was subpar from the unfriendly hostess seating us to our waiter than never checked back on us or refilled our drinks. We saw another waiter who was really informative and eager to give excellent service, unfortunately we got stuck with a dud. We ordered the fondue for you where you get three choices each. The classic broth fondue was lackluster. The vegetables were good but really only enough to serve one person and not the two of us. My sirloin and filet just came out tasting like a boiled steak. Really not worth the money but maybe we ordered the wrong thing. I'd go there again but would hope for better service and a guide toward better food choices.Special Features:
- Great!!Williams1Dined on 8/2/2014The Melting Pot was a great way to celebrate our 12th year anniversary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Was not very happy that you can use a Groupon any day except for Saturday. We did receive a small discount, because of it. Very overpriced but a great first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencefonduerDined on 7/26/2014The Melting Pot is a great place to meet friends for a meal. It is a relaxed dining process that allows for plenty of leisurely conversation as you share and cook your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 17 year old's birthday choicebirthday17Dined on 7/24/2014We called ahead for a "Birthday Event" everything at the table was as advertised ..The hostess was not the warmest friendliest but OK. Our server introduced himself and was available and perfect all night. This is a unique menu and style and takes a lot of explaining especially for kids,,we had our 17 and 12 year old.. They loved the whole night.. The Fondue experience and the flavors were excellent..everyone was happy with their choices.. they were OK with bringing in a couple of gifts and that was very cool. The Manager on duty came by a couple times checking on things ,,,very nice..Just a bit of "sticker shock" when the bill showed at $189.00 with tip ,,,severe $220..other than that Great!!!Special Features:
- An experienceAllingoodtasteDined on 7/20/2014This is a very slow and intentional way to eat, so don't go there famished. The salads were fresh and crispy and both the traditional and mojo bullion bases for the cook pots were flavorful without being too salty. Many different meats were tried and everyone was pleased by the quality of them, especially the pork and shrimp. The different sauces served with the entrees added an extra depth of flavor to the meal. Raw veggies came separately which we threw right into the pots to cook along with the meats. We ended with a turtle chocolate fondue which was good fun with its bits and pieces of dessert fare, but it was a bit too sweet. I'd go for a darker chocolate one next time. Great service made it a wonderful evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Very good as usual. One of our favorite places. Probably too long of experience for young kids, but otherwise great.Special Features:
- Awesome!FondueMasterDined on 7/12/2014The food is so amazing at the Melting Pot, I would suggest anyone to at least try it once!Special Features:
- Awesome ExperiencelovethepotDined on 7/12/2014The melting pot was such a fun dining experience. The food was great with amazing flavors and the service was awesome. I have never tasted such great flavors in vegetables! I would definitely recommend it to everyone! It is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. I wish I could afford to dine more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening outdatenight2Dined on 7/11/2014What a great special occasion place! We had date night out with another couple and had so much fun! We ended up being there for over 3 hours and it flew by! Good food, nice service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We had a great dinner at Melting Pot. The food and service were excellent. If going, plan on spending approx $35 - $45 per dinner (not including drinks).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerSeaHawkDined on 7/9/2014This was our first time at Melting Pot. My wife and I were joined for dinner with another couple for a pre concert dinner. All of us were very pleased with the overall experience. The concept was explained by our wait staff, very professional. All of us choose the four course option. At first glance the portions seemed small, but after having the whole meal, they were just the right amount. After talking between all of us, we agreed we would recommend this restaurant. Just do not expect to rush in and out, set enough time for a relaxed dining experience, about 2 hours would be about right.Special Features:
- not worth itZmanDined on 7/5/2014Food was ok, spent $100 for 2 people, not worth the cost.
- DisappointedChristiKDined on 6/28/2014I visited the melting pot two years ago and was blown away by the food and service. When I visited last night, my waitress had me stirring the zesty fondue ( not to mention she apologized for forgetting the bacon then left my table to find it and said my fondue would be ok without it) and she recommended another fondue and when I told her I did not like it she agreed! She was missing for more than 15 minutes at a time and was not knowledgeable about the wineenu. I asked her for a five ounce glass and she came back with a 8oz saying that it was only a couple dollars more... top the night off, she brought me a bill that was $81 dollars. I was charged a la carte and for the four course meal. When she corrected my bill it was a $16 dollar diff.Special Features:
- nice change of pacejjfoodDined on 6/27/2014It was good. We used a Groupon. I wasn't stuffed when I left, but was satisfied. We were bothered by all the management asking how it was. Three different people, in addition to the waitress. That was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting potJlkamrDined on 6/21/2014We were disappointed with our meal. The cheddar cheese fondue had an extremely bold beer taste to it. Main dish the broth that the waiter recommended was over powering. The smell alone made us nauseous and we couldn't wait for them to remove it from our table. It made everything we had for main course taste the same. (Steak,chicken, shrimp,lobster and vegetables). For the 115.00 bill plus tip for the two of us we were extremely disappointed. The service was amazing and so was the dessert. We said we would come back for dessert sometime.
- Amazing Experience!Dee523Dined on 6/21/2014A group of us went to The Melting Pot for a girls evening out. Everyone loved it! The food was great! Our server, Anthony, was very friendly and attentive. We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First VisitmarriedwithkidsDined on 6/21/2014As our first visit things just seemed rushed and we weren't for sure exactly how everything worked. We loved the chocolate the best and would return for desert another time perhaps. The veggies served with the cheese did not taste fresh and the bread was hard. Our entree meats tasted good but the cooking style (complementary) was much to salty. Again the chocolate was fantastic and we loved the variety of dipper options. The setting was a bit dark and we may have enjoyed it more if the window coverings were open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!cksimonDined on 6/13/2014Our first time was so wonderful. I would suggest making a reservation since I'm guessing that's why we got a more secluded seating location and that definitely made the evening very nice and calm. The food was delicious and the entertainment aspect was fun as well. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serviceclawman1Dined on 6/13/2014We were very happy with the service we received and were even more impressed when we found out that our waiter had only been ther a couple of weeks. He was very knowledgable and explained everything very well to us. he was also very pleasant and friendly! We had a great experience!Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We used a groupon for this meal. The food was OK and even with the group on it seemed expensive. I don't think we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small portions, broth toughens meatkelbDined on 6/13/2014Literally - 2 salads, 4 mushrooms, 4 pieces of broccoli, 5 pieces of potato, 8 pieces of steak, 10 shrimp, 4 pieces of chicken and tuna for like $60 - very overpriced - i was glad i had a groupon. Cooking the raw meat in boiling broth made outside overdone/tough, inside undone. Had the "experience", won't go back.
- amazingheavykevyDined on 6/12/2014The service was top notch and the food was most excellent. I'm definitely going to be a repeat customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary GemJude6747Dined on 6/12/2014Delicious Food and such food variety. Pricey but worth it and there are options to reduce cost. I think the happy hour option would be one great way to do that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's An ExperienceFacilitymanDined on 6/11/2014My wife and I went here for our first time. It was to celebrate our 37 years of marriage and what a great night. We normally both eat very fast and this style of dining caused us to slow down and enjoy every morsel and enjoy each others company. The food is great and the ambiance cannot be beat.Special Features:
- Great service, oversold GrouponMattoxDined on 6/8/2014Outstanding service, friendly attentive staff. Food was good, quality was what you should expect. Only downside due to popularity of current Groupon they were sold out of two popular entrees both of which we would've liked to order. Manager did an outstanding job making sure we had a great dinning experience after finding out we we're disappoint about the sold out entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melting awayspecialracerDined on 6/7/2014took a girl I have known for 15 years for dinner here as a first date. it was the first time we were both single at the same time and I could not have asked for a better location to impress and enjoy her company. food was excellent , server was smart and knew what to say and when to be at the table and not at the table. had great recommendations from the manager on wine selections and the crème bule dessert was the icing on the cake. even got a request for a second date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Inattentive WaiterVEspinosaDined on 6/5/2014The food was amazing and the overall feel of the restaurant was great. However the waiter didn't stop by our table much at all to ask how our food was or anything. It took us a very long time to get the bill and I had to ask for a refill, after he came to our table twice, at a restaurant as nice as this I would have preferred that to be taken care of without a thought, especially since he told us he had been working there for quite some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Expensive. Took a chance on the groupon because it sounded like a good deal--my Husband had two Bud Lights and I had a Sangria, which ended up being $20! Tack that on to the price of the groupon and your talking $60+ with tip. That's pricey for us. Feel like we paid more for the experience than the food. Fun to try, likely won't go there again. Ridiculous that the Happy Hour specials "are only available in the bar and cannot be claimed in the dining area". I've never heard that before!! Wasn't informed of this either until we were settled in. Felt like we were also being pushed into purchasing more--appetizers, different cooking sauces, chocolate menu. The chocolate menu described as "The most important decision of your night"Special Features:
- Good food/not-so-good serviceWineanddinemeDined on 5/31/2014Food tasted great! Server did not seem to pay attention. She asked us twice if we wanted more chips or bread to go with the spinach dip and we never saw it. Then, when the manager asked how things were and we politely explained the situation, he apologized and said he gave us each a complimentary drink. We never saw those either! Not quite sure what happened. We went there for our anniversary and it was not as special as we remembered it from previous times we had been there. Probably not going back any time soon.😔Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun night for birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014birthday party for 6, perfect table size, excellent help from waiter on how to order. We had a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.