The Melting Pot - Gaslamp Quarter
901 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Gaslamp Quarter
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/san-diego-gaslamp/specials
- Phone: 6192345554x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday through Thursday 5-10 pm, Friday and Saturday 4-11 pm, Sunday 4-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Executive Chef: Gregorio Arredondo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has two private dining rooms to serve our guests. The first accommodates 8 people comfortably while the second suits up to a party of 16.
- Private Party Contact: Reservations 6192345554x
- Cross Street: E Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet drop off is at the Gaslamp Suites Plaza entrance on E Street. There are several public parking lots available on Fifth and Sixth Avenue. Valet parking is available on Sunday-Thursday for $10. Friday for $15
If you bring in your valet ticket, we'll give you $5 off!
A word from The Melting Pot - Gaslamp Quarter
Come in and experience fondue at the Gaslamp Quarter's latest edition. Please check out our online menu to find your favorite selections. We look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Gaslamp Quarter - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
The Melting Pot - Gaslamp Quarter reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)romantic (56)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (30)hot spot (14)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (9)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Ummm. Well I was highly anticipating this restaurant week trip. It was ok. The artichoke spinich cheese was yummy. The meat course was so small. I left feeling hungry but maybe thats just us? I felt for 130$ we could have eaten some place with fat steaks and all the fixings. If u are a little bird and just want to experience fondue go here..otherwise u will leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014had a great experience here. Service was wonderful, cocktails were delicious, and the cozy romantic feel made the prices worth it.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and AtmospherelaurajcDined on 9/13/2014I have never eaten at the Melting Pot before last night, but had heard many great things about it. I shared only the chocolate fondue with a friend and my expectations were certainly met. Not only was the chocolate amazing, but so was the presentation of the food, as well as the location of our seat. The seating was very private and intimate, which I enjoyed, and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Overall, my experience was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funSDFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Fondue is always a fun time. We went with a friend's 10 y.o. who did their kids cooking class. Because of the class, whenever she goes to Melting Pot, she gets to assist the server (bring water, put order into computer, bring up food items, mix fondue, etc). She had an absolute blast helping!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's birthdayBirthdayDined on 9/6/2014My wife had a great time which is what matters to me most. It was her birthday and this was a surprise dinner. She was told "happy birthday" by several members of the staff which was pretty awesome. It was obvious that they took note of the occasion. Our server was very good and respected the fact that we planned to make this a long dinner setting (which is what my wife loves). It was very pleasant and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot GaslampTrodDined on 9/6/2014Great atmosphere. Our waiter, Arthur was amazing. Best waiter in a long time. Food was delicious and it was definitely "fun"do. Must go and if you do ask for ArthurSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An ExperienceHeresTheScoopDined on 9/5/2014This was the 2nd time we've eaten here. The first time was with another (younger) couple. This time it was just my wife and me, attending an event 1 block away, so we decided to give it another try. The atmosphere is very nice and comfortable and you can easily have a conversation at a normal level. The "bleed-through" noise from the night club down stairs from the restaurant is noticeable but not obnoxious. The server was new but knowledgable, friendly and attentive. The food was good but the portions are small and a bit pricey for what you get. You are paying for the "Experience" and the "Process". Allow yourself 2 hours to enjoy the full "show". The surrounding area is definitely a younger bar crowd scene so be prepared. Valet park.Special Features:
- hungry2eathungry2eatVIPDined on 9/4/2014My first time in this restaurant and I had great expectations! The presentation was pretty and modern. The food was just not great. Very expensive. Our server was, pleasant and efficient. You can't imagine how complicated his explanation of the menu was. Just not worth the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We received a small plate of bite sized pieces for dipping into chocolate. Some of the pieces seemed stale and they were stingy with the portions. The restaurant was nice with nice ambiance until the bar in the basement started their "music" and the bass felt like artillery from a military base. The servers were good, however considering the portions and quality of the dipping pieces, the prices were way too high. We won't be returning to the Melting Pot in the Gaslamp Quarter.Special Features:
- Melting WalletLovesToEatDined on 8/22/2014I purchased a Groupon to save a little money and still spent a lot more (the cheese fondue and chocolate were not included)! This restaurant is very expensive. Save it for a special occasion or a fun group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I thought the place was over priced for what they actually gave. Everyone at the table had to choose the same style of cheese/broth/ chocolate was absurd for a $50 per person meal. The idea behind going out to eat is to experience something new and go to a place that makes you believe that it's something better than what you can get at home, but all that place made you think about was how you could easily be doing it at home for a better price/ingredients. Also self boiled entree meat really isn't my idea of fine dining food. I guess you go there thinking the place to be something different and better than what it turned out to be. Service there was poor and the waiter we had was very condescending when he spoke to my table.Special Features:
- It's fun to dip!!CrewVIPDined on 8/19/2014We've never been to a Melting Pot before, so this was a new learning experience for us. Our waiter, Brandon, was very patient with all our questions, and really helped guide us so our night would be special. The dipping experience, the flavor of the food, and looking forward to each coming dish, all succeeded in making it a super fun way to end our stay in San Diego. The food is very fresh, with lots of choices for your entree (including vegetarian), and the dipping sauces to top everything made them all tastier! Yes, it's a bit pricey, but definitely worth it for a special occasion splurge once in a while. Brandon even made a specially designed plate for us with our dessert, he really made an effort to get to know us. You should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeJrsygirlDined on 8/16/2014I love this place when attending with people you are close with or those that don't double dip. Small party Booths tend to not provide enough leg room or can be a little uncomfortable if you are over 6 feet- nothing a drink can't fix :)Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant for CouplesformerchefchrisDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I visited The Melting Pot on our honeymoon in downtown San Diego and again on our anniversary. We love the atmosphere and of course the food, a very intimate experience. After dinner their bar, Syrah, under the restaurant always has something new and amazing on the cocktail menu. We look forward to visiting on our anniversary trips to the downtown.Special Features:
- Cheese & Chocolate!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We were there during happy hour so $5 drinks, 1/2 off cheese and chocolate! The fondue was amazing, the staff was attentive, and the bill was surprisingly lower than I'd anticipated. It wa a great meal.Special Features:
- Melting Pot Newbiesdindin4twoDined on 8/15/2014We had our first Melting Pot experience here and it did not disappoint! The service was great and we came when they just opened so the atmosphere was pretty quiet which we enjoyed. The food was "okay" and I say okay because the food wasn't seasoned as well as it could have been so it tasted a little bland even with the sauces. Unfortunately we didn't have time in our schedule to stay for dessert but we will be back for that!Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Just the little things like having a Happy Anniversary card signed be the staff waiting at the table was very sweet. Cody, our server, really took the time to explain how the menu worked as this was our first visit.Special Features:
- Not the Experience I Know It Can BePegabooooVIPDined on 8/11/2014We have been at many Melting Pots however this one just was not up to their normal standards. Very pricey for the service and the food we received.
- Perfect service and great locationgogolakersDined on 8/10/2014The older I get, the more I value great service. It trumps mediocre food, and stand out above ambiance and anything else you can imagine. Our waiter chris was great about everything. We tipped over 30%! The food was perfect and it was the best experience in San Diego!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot, awesome!MikeSDined on 8/10/2014The night was a "just because" kind of night as I was back home on R&R for a little while. I booked the Ultimate Romance package ($165 I think). My wife and I were both a bit surprised to find the candle lit table, rose pedals, Moscato on ice, and the other nine roses in a vase on the table. The table was in a secluded corner and was a bit detached from the public, great for stealing a kiss or two during dinner. The waitress was very personable, and picked up on the occasion being a little different than most. My wife and I had missed birthdays (ours), Valentines day, and even our seventh anniversary. The waitress brought a decorative plate in for each of those occasions trough out the meal, along with a "just because" one. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Server Melanie was Excellent!Foodie2Dined on 8/7/2014We (party of 6) celebrated my daughters 16th birthday at the Melting Pot and it was everything my daughter could have asked for. I ordered the tiara as an add on for $25 and I honestly expected the tiara to be kind of tacky looking as it was only $25, however, it was a beautiful tiara which was a nice surprise. Melanie our server decorated a plate with strawberries saying Happy Birthday Arianna and that was also a nice touch. The food was excellent and did not disappoint as we each ordered the endless fondue. We all enjoyed the fondue experience and will be dining again on the next ladies night out. I would definitely have a special occasion dinner here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GIG trainedFrangibelleDined on 7/31/2014A great and safe place to eat for the gluten intolerant since they are GIG trained. Delicious food presented in a fun way. There's a clearly marked GF menu and our server was helpful and thorough, so I felt at ease. I hope to go back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightZombiePepperDined on 7/29/2014We had Amy as our server, and she informed us this was her first time serving by herself. She seemed a little bit nervous but overall did a fantastic job. Our food came out quickly and Amy always had a smile on her face and was attentive. When asked if we were celebrating a special occasion we said "not really just date night. We just moved to downtown and needed a night out". For dessert, ontop of your chocolate fondue she brought us two chocolate covered strawberries on a plate that said "happy date night!" We really appreciated it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blahh!!deliciousVIPDined on 7/27/2014Avoid this place for anything other than for desert and not even that is any good :( this place is whack !!
- Excellent Service, Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Every time I go to the Melting Pot, the service is so fantastic and accommodating. I always have a great time and would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue fun!FondueLoverDined on 7/25/2014We love coming here for date night and eating a at the bar, the bartenders are always friendly and make you feel like you're number one. When we take the kids we always have a great server that is always accommodating to our kids needs and always there when we need them. The food, as always, is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Girls Night OutsummerdinerDined on 7/23/2014Our annual trip to The Melting Pot did not disappoint. The Melting Pot tends to change the way it prices the meal and the way you order each year. Our server was very knowledgable and helped guide us to exactly what we needed for 6 of us. We ordered the full 4 course meal for 4 people and then added on a few salads and some extra meat. Perfect! My daughter kiddingly said it was her birthday when asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and they brought her a chocolate covered strawberry at the end to "celebrate". Very fun! I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- BobbieDined on 7/14/2014The overall experience was really nice. We had the best server EVER! Her name was Joy and she was so nice, it made our dining experience even better! Food was delicious, lots of it, we couldn't fininsh it all. YUM YUMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink, breathe, relax.leisure4diningVIPDined on 7/13/2014My husband and I had dinner there on a Sunday night. There is a special pricing for Sunday through Thursday, check the web site for details. It was a leisurely dinner, a good combo of items for dipping and cooking, good service, no rush. Very relaxing, with a great dessert, dark chocolate dipping sauce, with fruit and sweets for dipping, yum. Strongly recommended. Long tables can handle groups easily, we took my MIL for her 90th birthday party with a large group in AZ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mac8001Dined on 7/11/2014Not as cute or romantic as other Melting Pots I've been to. Apparently the space was formerly a bar and grill and it has retained that vibe. I had a "romantic" anniversary dinner with the baseball game playing on a big screen tv across the way. Otherwise the food is good, as expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fonduetyler619Dined on 7/9/2014I've been here twice and both times I was very pleased with the amazing food and service. The waitresses and servers made me feel right at home. We had the cheddar fondue, then caesar salads, and for the main course we had the mojo cooking style. All of the food was very good. For desert we had the S'mores chocolate fondue and it was superb. Overall 5/5 would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable evening.LL2014Dined on 7/8/2014The occasion was for a friend's birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience & had a good time laughing when food slipped off the fondue forks & we had to fish for it with the "emergency spoon". I would definitely recommend The Melting Pot to friends & I would return again myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chocolatey goodnesspickyeater709Dined on 7/6/2014This is a good place to go for a special occasion or date night. The best part about the dining experience is the chocolate dessert. Cooking your food in whichever broth you choose is pretty fun too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was greatJbutler2Dined on 7/5/2014Went with date for dinner. Great overall experience. All courses were spread out nicely giving us plenty of time to enjoy ourselves and not feel rushed. Server did a great job explaining everything. Food was delicious. Defiantly would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRadsmomDined on 6/29/2014We were well taken care of and had an excellent meal. Happy Hour prices and options were great. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun dining, expensivedpkraftVIPDined on 6/27/2014I took my family of 4 for dinner with a GROUPON and it was still very pricey and I'm not cheap. the cheese fondue was tasty, the sampler entre was rather tasteless, we had 3 little pieces of each and the Filet Mignon was chewy... For this price I'd rather go to Donovans or Mortons. Sorry Melting Pot but your food isn't of top quality and your prices should reflect that as well...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Service was not good. It took 40 minutes to get our drinks.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Great food, but unsatisfactory portions for the price per person when ordering fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014A unique dining experience. The service was outstanding. A la carte pricing made the meal quite pricey for what you get. Probably wouldn't return unless it's for a group experience.Special Features:
- Amazing!BbontaDined on 6/21/2014I had made a reservation here to celebrate my fiance's birthday.I even found a groupon and was stoked!He had been wanting to eat here for years.I mentioned the Groupon and was told there was a time restriction.We were going to reschedule our reservation.The manager said there was no need!We looked dressed up for a nice evening and she would hate to ruin our night. Once we were seated there was a birthday card signed by all the staff! Super sweet touch! Our server was amazing! She was super friendly, and helpful with navigating us around the menu. Both the managers made a point to come by our table and wish Marc a Happy Birthday and to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.The food was spectacular! We have told all our friends!We'll be back!Special Features: