The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
9021 Gaither Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/gaithersburg/specials
- Phone: (301) 519-3638
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: 4 course wine dinners with wine representatives from all over the world. Enjoy 4 courses of fondue paired with exquisite wines from selected vinyards around the globe. Second Tuesday of every month is Ladies Night. $30 per person for all 4 courses.
A word from The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)romantic (80)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great Restaurant/MealPMBTerpsDined on 11/1/2014We hadn't been to the Melting Pot in about 6 years and we went to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary... What a great night... Food was fantastic (as always), service even better... They were willing to substitute items for me... Our server was around just enough but not too much... And walked out of there feeling so full! Would highly recommend this restaurant if you like fondue!Special Features:
- Fun restaurant!!jojoDined on 11/1/2014We loved this fondue restaurant. The server was helpful and knowledgable and friendly. We loved the 4 course option. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!ElleRooDined on 10/31/2014Once again we had a great waiter, great food, and especially great ambiance. It is one of the few restaurants around that can offer a more private, quiet dining experience. The cheese and meat fondue were delicious as always, but the star of the show is always the chocolate. Amazing!Special Features:
- awesome placeWifey1026Dined on 10/25/2014I love coming here for my anniversary and will incorporate any occasion i can with eating at the melting pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Experienceericoa1VIPDined on 10/12/2014I've been to Melting Pot in the past. It's always a fun experience. You go for the fondue / dipping experience not because the food is the greatest or the prices are decent. It's fun, a good conversation experience, and works well for families, friends or dates. Go to menu items are always the make your own entrée option and of course dessert. My visit to this location was good. Our server was very nice. The staff seemed a little over-extended and there was a lot of commotion and loud sounds coming from the kitchen the entire time. All-in-all a good dinner and mostly what you would expect.Special Features:
- Great service and good foodfmabiloDined on 10/10/2014The styles are good, it was my second time and would like to go back again. If you want to impress your girl for your first date, believe me it's the right place. 🍵 🍹 was 👍.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatrosepetalDined on 10/9/2014it was amazing. they even out of their way to fulfill my requests of a birthday cake and rose petals on the table.Special Features:
- 10th birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014My daughter loves fondue so we took her to the melting pot for her tenth birthday. The four course meal was fun for the kids and kept them engaged and interested. The food itself was mediocre. Not the highest quality, especially for the money. Found it a bit expensive for what you're getting. Will return for cheese or chocolate fondue but not the entree. S'mores fondue was delicious.Special Features:
- Great dessertNickTDined on 10/3/2014We came with some friends for dessert. It was our first time only coming for dessert instead of the full four course feast. We had a great time. Our server Aaron did not seem in the least disappointed that we were only getting dessert. He made helpful drink and chocolate suggestions and asked us about the dippers we most like. He even gave us cheesecake to dip! Portions were great, drinks fantastic (I had the preservation league drink which was fantastic - kind of a whiskey sangria).Special Features:
- Nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014We had a very nice meal. The server was attentive, friendly and brought refills. The manager introduced himself. Food was good. Only complain was we used a living social or groupon coupon (forget which) and it wasn't much cheaper which was disappointing. We would go more often if they were more reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Fun experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 9/27/2014Pleasantly surprised for the overall experience. Cheese combos were great and chocolates too. The main needs a little more work and patience to enjoy. It was a bit pricey but considering the uniqueness of the dining experience, it was okay, definitely not an everyday casual dining. With a little lower price, it could be visited more often. Overall, it was a good experience and tasty one. We will keep it on our return list.Special Features:
- Fantastic time.NickTDined on 9/25/2014The new menu additional at this Melting Pot are great! We had the New Orleans style cheese, and it was great. The seasonal Strawberry Caprese salad was wonderful. Our server (Aaron Kelley) was quite knowledgeable and attentive to a guest on a GF diet. New Whiskey drinks (Alabama 33) were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMbr123Dined on 9/24/2014Brought our daughter here for her birthday dinner and it started out well them went downhill fast has to wait for refills of water and drinks. Then we got ignored for so long my daughter said @maybe she went on a break". Another server came by asked how our dinner was and I had ordered the seafood sampler and the tuna tasty "fishy" he said he'd see what he could do. 10 minutes later our original server came back and as how it was like she hadn't a clue offered shrimp for tuna I was like no way I'll take the salmon . I won't EVERgo back what a waste of a TON of money.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsAvellanaDined on 9/12/2014We enjoy this place very much. The concept is great, there's no other restaurant like this in the area. Food is always fresh and tasty, there's something for everyone. Ideal for "date nights".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ughhlittleamy85Dined on 9/11/2014So went for ladies night with my friend and got moldy stale bread. Enough said.
- Great serviceChrizVIPDined on 9/11/2014Ladies night is always so much fun! Great price and the food is delicious. Wonderful service and very accommodating to vegetariansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not cheapBjr2010Dined on 9/6/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner with our kindergarten son. With 2 Classic four course meal we left stuffed! Pricey yet nice for our special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brian-Our waiteraquaeyesDined on 9/3/2014I love this place!!! I've never had a bad experience...Brian was our waiter this time...again great!!! They're so friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014This is a great place to go out with your significant other. Very customizable menu and you get to cook your own food anyway you like. Everything is high quality and delicious. The server is expains everything needed and is good at answering questions about food or cooking times. Not the best place for young children but I am perfectly fine with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once a yearOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Fun to do the cook it yourself thing. Nice way to get people talking, interacting, enjoying. Pricey but worth an occasoinal trip as a fu change opf pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationPatty13Dined on 8/17/2014We've visited this restaurant several times in the past, usually for a special occasion. This visit was to celebrate my twin sons' birthday. We had a great time and as usual, the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for cathing up w/ friendsvintagevixen99Dined on 8/16/2014I love how easy it was to make a reservation though open table, we got confirmation and a reminder. I loved catching up with my friends that we talk to frequently but just never have face time. It was truly a wonderful evening. The server was amazing and met the energy of our table. The food was timely and very good. The manager John made rounds to ask everyone how their evening was going. We never felt rushed and enjoyed our time together.Special Features:
- Take the kids!DeeDeeDined on 8/15/2014We loved the whole experience...different and fun, staff was very friendly! Our 7 yo is a picky eater and I wasn't sure it was a good place for kids, so it was a gamble. He ate and tried more food than we thought he would. He LOVED the whole concept and was really into the whole thing. He's asked to go back several times and wants to bring his friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Girls NightNightOwlDined on 8/14/2014I've always loved the Melting Pot, and this dinner was no exception to that...the food was wonderful and the server was great about accommodating the two vegetarians. It was quiet and we were able to really enjoy our conversation. Plus there was an outlet right at the table where I could charge my phone. We had to wait several minutes for our table even though I had made a reservation and our drinks took a long time to arrive from the bar. We were also given our bill before we asked for it, and even though the server said, "no rush," we felt rushed. These are my only complaints about what was otherwise a perfect experience. I'm already looking forward to our next Ladies Night!Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014Overpriced experience for what you get - raw food that you cook yourself at the table....avergaing $50 pp
- Always a Favorite!Mimi9812Dined on 8/12/2014Can never go wrong with The Melting Pot. The staff is always great at this location, we never leave disappointed.Special Features:
- nice changeYummyDined on 8/5/2014It's always a nice change to come here. I get so tired of going to the same places all the time.It's nice to sit relaxed with a friend and just enjoy the food and ambiance. Our server was great and suggested a great wine. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Amazinglovesfood14Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary and as always, it was amazing. We have been to the Melting Pot several times and it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1132 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg reviews archive.
- Had better experiences elsewhereLKP1108Dined on 7/25/2014Been to this location about 3-4 times now and only the first time was great service. The most recent outing would have been a better experience if our server was attentive, small children weren't running around unsupervised, our dessert fondue actually got warm, and the manager for the evening making an appearance.Special Features:
- A great time was had by allMacguyDined on 7/24/2014This was the first time we had dined at The Melting Pot. It was a fun new experience and everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed the entire adventure. The service was delightful. The staff was attentive without needing to hover by the table. We loved the variety of the foods and everything was very tasty. I strongly recommend The Melting Pot and will be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- Something differentplhrehDined on 7/23/2014Melting Pot has a totally different feel to it than most places. The privacy of the dining areas along with the relaxed and slower paced meal (because you cook it yourself) is great for dates or any party or group that wants plenty of time to talk.Special Features:
- everyone loved it!appm301Dined on 7/20/2014went to The Melting Pot to celebrate my mother's 55th birthday and we had a great time. The food was delicious, the restaurant was great, our server was the nicest guy ever and even the manager stopped by to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinner experience!SteshDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I have been going to "The Melting Pot" for our anniversary for many years. We love this restaurant! You cannot eat quickly so it is a wonderful time of conversation and simply enjoying one anothers company.Special Features:
- FantasticmeltingpotfanDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I came to this restaurant for his birthday. We enjoyed every minute of it! Great food, wonderful atmosphere, and beyond the best service we have experienced while dining out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicegoodfondueDined on 7/18/2014Great service, good food, and they accommodated all our special dietary restrictions. You CAN substitute broth for wine in the fondues so it makes it perfect for kids and pregnant women (we know that the alcohol gets cooked off but at the same time, we had some picky/worried eaters in our group and it was great that could accommodate us!).Special Features:
- Romantic Sunday DinnerZaintDined on 7/13/2014I took my girlfriend here to celebrate a year of dating, Sunday right around opening, having heard it would leave us rolling from the quantity. Service was smooth and friendly, the food was not a huge huge amount but of very good quality, the bar kept us in drinks for the whole time, and the atmosphere was perfect. Only thing that could've been better would be if they had not seated a family with children in the same room as us, but it was only a bit of noise, nothing distracting. It's simple to run up a good sized bill though, so I'll be saving it for special occasions.Special Features:
- good & badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014as we always celebrate our wedding anniversary here, we love this place. Unfortunately my husband got splashed with hot cheese by someone in training. Things happen & we are all human. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner, great atmosphereCaitlinDined on 7/6/2014My fiance and I celebrated our anniversary at the Melting Pot, and as always, were blown away by the food, service and drinks. Even though we didn't note a celebration in the reservation, Isaac asked and made sure we had a special evening. Isaac was very attentive and informative and kept the meal going at a perfect pace, while allowing us to enjoy our evening together. Thanks for another great dinner!Special Features:
- Good but "Overrated"LoveLifeDined on 7/6/2014This was my first visit, taking hubby for his birthday. Call it ambiance, but it was difficult to read the menu. am a vegetarian ( I do eat cheese) and dove head first into the cheese fondue. (Yum) Small salad, but tasty. The broth with Burgundy was good, but having to cook my veggies in with meat, chicken, salmon and shrimp was a stomach turner. Service started out good, but waiter must've gotten busy, because we didn't see him all too often. I think the place is very overpriced, need to rethink the veggie plate (can't stand tofu, but could add broccoli and potatoes) .. A way so that veggies don't have to intermingle with (ugh) seafood, fish and meat? A split fondue pot? Is there such a thing?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise, Surprise!IronmonkDined on 7/5/2014A nice venue for people of unique foods. The host was very professional and the cost was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.