The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
9021 Gaither Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/gaithersburg/specials
- Phone: 3015193638
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: 4 course wine dinners with wine representatives from all over the world. Enjoy 4 courses of fondue paired with exquisite wines from selected vinyards around the globe. Second Tuesday of every month is Ladies Night. $30 per person for all 4 courses.
A word from The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (94)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (37)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (16)late-night find (11)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Once a yearOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Fun to do the cook it yourself thing. Nice way to get people talking, interacting, enjoying. Pricey but worth an occasoinal trip as a fu change opf pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationPatty13Dined on 8/17/2014We've visited this restaurant several times in the past, usually for a special occasion. This visit was to celebrate my twin sons' birthday. We had a great time and as usual, the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for cathing up w/ friendsvintagevixen99Dined on 8/16/2014I love how easy it was to make a reservation though open table, we got confirmation and a reminder. I loved catching up with my friends that we talk to frequently but just never have face time. It was truly a wonderful evening. The server was amazing and met the energy of our table. The food was timely and very good. The manager John made rounds to ask everyone how their evening was going. We never felt rushed and enjoyed our time together.Special Features:
- Take the kids!DeeDeeDined on 8/15/2014We loved the whole experience...different and fun, staff was very friendly! Our 7 yo is a picky eater and I wasn't sure it was a good place for kids, so it was a gamble. He ate and tried more food than we thought he would. He LOVED the whole concept and was really into the whole thing. He's asked to go back several times and wants to bring his friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Girls NightNightOwlDined on 8/14/2014I've always loved the Melting Pot, and this dinner was no exception to that...the food was wonderful and the server was great about accommodating the two vegetarians. It was quiet and we were able to really enjoy our conversation. Plus there was an outlet right at the table where I could charge my phone. We had to wait several minutes for our table even though I had made a reservation and our drinks took a long time to arrive from the bar. We were also given our bill before we asked for it, and even though the server said, "no rush," we felt rushed. These are my only complaints about what was otherwise a perfect experience. I'm already looking forward to our next Ladies Night!Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014Overpriced experience for what you get - raw food that you cook yourself at the table....avergaing $50 pp
- nice changeYummyDined on 8/5/2014It's always a nice change to come here. I get so tired of going to the same places all the time.It's nice to sit relaxed with a friend and just enjoy the food and ambiance. Our server was great and suggested a great wine. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Amazinglovesfood14Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary and as always, it was amazing. We have been to the Melting Pot several times and it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had better experiences elsewhereLKP1108Dined on 7/25/2014Been to this location about 3-4 times now and only the first time was great service. The most recent outing would have been a better experience if our server was attentive, small children weren't running around unsupervised, our dessert fondue actually got warm, and the manager for the evening making an appearance.Special Features:
- A great time was had by allMacguyDined on 7/24/2014This was the first time we had dined at The Melting Pot. It was a fun new experience and everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed the entire adventure. The service was delightful. The staff was attentive without needing to hover by the table. We loved the variety of the foods and everything was very tasty. I strongly recommend The Melting Pot and will be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- Something differentplhrehDined on 7/23/2014Melting Pot has a totally different feel to it than most places. The privacy of the dining areas along with the relaxed and slower paced meal (because you cook it yourself) is great for dates or any party or group that wants plenty of time to talk.Special Features:
- everyone loved it!appm301Dined on 7/20/2014went to The Melting Pot to celebrate my mother's 55th birthday and we had a great time. The food was delicious, the restaurant was great, our server was the nicest guy ever and even the manager stopped by to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinner experience!SteshDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I have been going to "The Melting Pot" for our anniversary for many years. We love this restaurant! You cannot eat quickly so it is a wonderful time of conversation and simply enjoying one anothers company.Special Features:
- FantasticmeltingpotfanDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I came to this restaurant for his birthday. We enjoyed every minute of it! Great food, wonderful atmosphere, and beyond the best service we have experienced while dining out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicegoodfondueDined on 7/18/2014Great service, good food, and they accommodated all our special dietary restrictions. You CAN substitute broth for wine in the fondues so it makes it perfect for kids and pregnant women (we know that the alcohol gets cooked off but at the same time, we had some picky/worried eaters in our group and it was great that could accommodate us!).Special Features:
- Romantic Sunday DinnerZaintDined on 7/13/2014I took my girlfriend here to celebrate a year of dating, Sunday right around opening, having heard it would leave us rolling from the quantity. Service was smooth and friendly, the food was not a huge huge amount but of very good quality, the bar kept us in drinks for the whole time, and the atmosphere was perfect. Only thing that could've been better would be if they had not seated a family with children in the same room as us, but it was only a bit of noise, nothing distracting. It's simple to run up a good sized bill though, so I'll be saving it for special occasions.Special Features:
- good & badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014as we always celebrate our wedding anniversary here, we love this place. Unfortunately my husband got splashed with hot cheese by someone in training. Things happen & we are all human. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner, great atmosphereCaitlinDined on 7/6/2014My fiance and I celebrated our anniversary at the Melting Pot, and as always, were blown away by the food, service and drinks. Even though we didn't note a celebration in the reservation, Isaac asked and made sure we had a special evening. Isaac was very attentive and informative and kept the meal going at a perfect pace, while allowing us to enjoy our evening together. Thanks for another great dinner!Special Features:
- Good but "Overrated"LoveLifeDined on 7/6/2014This was my first visit, taking hubby for his birthday. Call it ambiance, but it was difficult to read the menu. am a vegetarian ( I do eat cheese) and dove head first into the cheese fondue. (Yum) Small salad, but tasty. The broth with Burgundy was good, but having to cook my veggies in with meat, chicken, salmon and shrimp was a stomach turner. Service started out good, but waiter must've gotten busy, because we didn't see him all too often. I think the place is very overpriced, need to rethink the veggie plate (can't stand tofu, but could add broccoli and potatoes) .. A way so that veggies don't have to intermingle with (ugh) seafood, fish and meat? A split fondue pot? Is there such a thing?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise, Surprise!IronmonkDined on 7/5/2014A nice venue for people of unique foods. The host was very professional and the cost was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night outdatenightfunDined on 6/21/2014Food was delicious as always. This is our third melting pot we've been to and we've always had a great time. Server did fine but water refills took a while. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceLainfamDined on 6/15/2014Everything was great.....server explained everything to us. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok...billandsheriDined on 6/15/2014Food was ok. Some of the meats we liked. Some not. Waitress did not tell us about the extra charge for liquids to cook in - so were surprised (annoyed) when it showed up on bill - but manager removed the charge which was nice. Does get hot inside due to cooking apparatuses. Dark and quite - would be great for romantic dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love this placeBahuncamieDined on 6/15/2014Time and again I have gone to the Melting Pot and I am never disappointed. We try a different style of cooking every time. I especially like the fact that they are able to accommodate our specific food requests since I do not eat shellfish, beef or pork. The salad choices are great. I especially like the California salad. We primarily go to the Melting Pot for special occasions and will make up a special occasion sometimes, just for that reason. The best part of all is that the prices are very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot reviewmeltingpotfanaticDined on 6/14/2014I have been to the Melting Pot before, but this time it was not my family, it was with three friends, two of which had never been there before. I was trying to impress them so they would invite me to parties at The Melting Pot (:-)) and they were definitely impressed. There was something for everyone. The one who just got braces and could barely eat, the vegetarian, the picky eater...it was definitely a good experience. Our waitress was very helpful in explaining the process to us, and it made choosing 2 things out of so many good foods a little easier. Overall, I really loved my experience at the melting and will most definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My kids love itCork58Dined on 6/11/2014They always ask to go here on special occasions. What kid doesn't love warm gooey cheese and liquid hot chocolate!Special Features:
- AWESOME!luvchocDined on 6/9/2014This was my 5th time coming here. Different occassions, but no matter the occassion wether is taking my sweetie on our anniversary or taking my sister for her birthday, the experience always great!!! The staff awesome....but I do have to give props to our waiter this most recent time...GREAT!!!!! Everyone should experience this place!Special Features:
- Always a fun evening heretwoTinedDined on 6/6/2014The service here is impeccable. Our waiter Isaac was friendly but not overly intrusive. He always came around at the right moments to make sure we had everything we needed. The food is good though it feels like they keep tweaking their menu pricing structure. I would recommend people not go beyond the complimentary bouillon broth--nobody at the table could taste the difference between that and the added $$$ mojo (though the mojo did smell amazing coming to the table). One minor criticism I had was the music. At times it sounded like the background music for an adult film, which was amusing but annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long mealKimBDined on 6/2/2014It has been several years since I have been to The Melting Pot. Our server, Megan, was friendly, patient and very knowledgeable of the menu. The dining experience was a lot longer than I remember. I didn't mind because I had great company, but it is not a place for a quick meal. I am 6 months pregnant and the booths were extremely uncomfortable. I had to switch between the booth and chair throughout the evening.Special Features:
- Very expensive but enjoyableBDEinMDDined on 5/31/2014We first noticed that after being seated, that we were unable to read our menus with the table lighting. Several of us had to use the lights on our phones. Our server was polite, prompt and personable at the beginning, but near the end of the meal her presence trailed off, especially as we requested our table cleared so we could give presents to the birthday girls (and film it). The menu is quite a bit different and they were explained well enough. The food was very good! The table size was a bit cramped for 6 people trying to eat fondue. The real shock came when we got the bill. With 2 adults (3 drinks apiece) and 1 teenager, the total was $225 before tip. It was a great one-time experience, but was way too expensive.Special Features:
- ChickenchickenDined on 5/30/2014I was disappointed with the chicken. The chicken had too much seasoning and I couldn't eat them after cooking two pieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out!CabmumDined on 5/28/2014We attended the Teacher Appreciation night out and it was so much fun and they provided a great four course menu along with two specialty cocktails! We were probably the loudest ones in there but we had fun! They also do ladies nights out, so I will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too much foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014We chose the 4 course dinner. There was absolutely way too much meat on the orders.Special Features:
- Diva Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Took 7 9 year-old girls for my daughter's birthday celebration. All the staff were helpful, patient, and delightful. The girls were in heaven!Special Features:
- simply amazingstephsrDined on 5/11/2014Excellent service and friendly stuff. Great food. Very accommodating and you never had to look for your server. You felt pampered and the Manager stops by to ensure you were satisfied with the service. If it's a special occasion they help you celebrate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, great fooddavelenaDined on 5/11/2014This was our second time at a Melting Pot restaurant. The first was Mother's Day in Atlantic City two years ago.Very pleasurable experience both times. The wait staff are friendly, courteous, and very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!jello2111Dined on 5/11/2014We visited the Melting Pot in Gaithersburg as a Mother's Day special and it was wonderful! This was our family's first time eating at a Melting Pot and we are definitely fans. I can't wait to go back. Even though the restaurant was very busy for Mother's Day, the server did a superb job.Special Features:
- Always a great place to celebratecamygramyDined on 5/11/2014Melting Pot has become a tradition for special occasions especially Mother's Day and Anniversaries. The service, food and atmosphere is consistently excellent. We look forward to our dining out experience whenever we dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and servicemeltingpotfanDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant has wonderful ambiance, much like most Melting Pots'. The service was impeccable and food was great as usual. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- great food, lots of fun!luvinfondueDined on 5/10/2014Went there for my sisters bday. We ordered the balloon package which was beautiful and waiting for us at the table! what a great surprise gift for her because it came with a gift card and chocolate strawberries! the food was amazing! Our waiter Nick kept up with our large group, took our picture for us and joined in with our jokes! i cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.