The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg
1618 Carl D Silver Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22401Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/fredericksburg/specials
- Phone: 5407859690
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday:12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg
The Melting Pot is Fredericksburg’s premiere fondue restaurant. We offer both a romantic and family friendly atmosphere for your fine dining fondue experience. Our staff operates with one goal in mind - to provide you with the perfect night out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg - Best Restaurants in Fredericksburg ›
The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (46)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Always a great experienceGIBOEDined on 8/25/2014We're tried many other restaurants in Fredericksburg but always come back here for special occasions because we know it will be great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as Usual.SilverNitrateDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I have been to the Fredericksburg location three times and each time did not disappoint. We have had the same server each time, Michael. He made our experience that much better. Prodessional yet friendly and talkative. We love him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWWilltryagainDined on 8/8/2014It was our first time at the melting pot and my 50th birthday. The great food was only surpassed by the excellent service and the ambience. I felt it was important to their employees that we had a great experience which we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 21st Birthday Dinnerluv2EtoutDined on 8/5/2014Very attentive waiter. Abundance of food! Fun experience!Special Features:
- Went for the expierence only .AnniversarydinnerDined on 8/4/2014We went for our anniversary. Food was ok. Resturant was good. Server just ok; not real friendly. Would not go every year even if I could afford. Way overpriced for amount of food you got. Once again, only went for experience and to say that we have done it. Would not go back or recommend.Special Features:
- OutstandingGreatDined on 8/4/2014We took our son for his 14th birthday and it was great! The waiter was very friendly and provided outstanding service. There was 7 of us and he kept up with all our needs and none of our glasses went empty. He also made sure to make our son feel special and when he brought out dessert, he had placed a candle in the sponge cake, which was super awesome.Special Features:
- GraduationsEmtsDined on 7/31/2014Our granddaughter said she had always wanted to go so we brought her here for her high school graduation. She loved it and we all had a great time!Special Features:
- First Time for FriendspiritdDined on 7/24/2014We brought someone who had never been to a Melting Pot before. It was a fantastic first time for her. They were very attentive to our food allergies. Perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014The service was top notch! the food was very good! will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Such a romantic and quiet evening for my boyfriend and I-the service and the food were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MegsDined on 7/14/2014Normally I would give you all 5 stars the only downfall was that because we stayed closer to closing it was much noiser. I would've appreciated a bit more quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheese, chocolate, YUM, YUM.RenLadyDined on 7/14/2014Have been to Melting pot several time but this was the first unlimited cheese and chocolate outing. It was wonderful. My friend and I also each got a salad that was a little extra but not much. We could have as many pots of different cheese and chocolate fondues we wanted for $20 each so literally stuffed ourselves. Great food and nice quiet place to enjoy the company of others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining not eatingBlessedDined on 7/14/2014The Melting Pot is a family favorite. Put away the phones and enjoy a social dining experience or a romantic date. You are not rushed and the owner maintains high standards for his staff and the food he serves. A very different restaurant worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightSlvsYDined on 7/9/2014My wife and I enjoy a memorable date night. The food, from cheese to chocolate fondue, was delicious and was appropriately cut. Being able to add special amenities to receive before, during and after the dining made the experience more enhanced. The waiter was very in tune with the menu and blend of foods, and very polite. The owners presence throughout made us feel that they actual care about you as a customer. Great place, great food and great staff; highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceCrutchDined on 7/5/2014The food was good, but the service was better. Very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+boomboxboy23Dined on 7/1/2014I went here with my mother and we used the Summer Platter deal they have going on all summer, and it was awesome. The 4-course dinner was all fantastic, Scott was an awesome and thorough server. Go in and mention the Summer Platter, and you won't be disappointed, I promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGatoralum93Dined on 6/27/2014From the cheese fondue to the salad to the entrees to the dessert, the entire experience was pleasing to the entirety of our tastebuds. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, just a great dining experience fit the entire family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- purple17Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and a good amount of food to try so you can enjoy a 3 to 5 course dinner or lunch. Just a fun thing to do and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeelingalittlecheatedLovegoodfoodDined on 6/20/2014Nice, but a lot of work. We had not planned on having to cook our own meals. MP came highly recommended by friends. Booths are very romantic and very small. Steaks are better cooked as a whole and then cut into tiny pieces as you eat it. MP is worth a try, but be prepared to spend a small fortune. May return with kids, but my husband will not be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serverZimkoDined on 6/20/2014The server was fantastic. We had a gentleman with us who was drinking his water rapidly and the server managed to keep it filled without being asked and without us even really noticing. We were able to continue with our conversation without being interrupted while he saw to our drinks and dishes. We've had him before and it was the same great service. Keep it up!Special Features:
- We were Melting Pot virgins!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014After having been baby sitters for the grandkids while their Mom and Dad went to The Melting Pot, and THEN having to listen to them rave about how great the experience had been, we decided to see about it for ourselves. Well, our experience was everything we were told to expect and more! It was fantastic. And our server Victoria, guided us through every step of our dining experience. She was more than great, she made us comfortable and allowed us to enjoy our night out to the n'th degree.Special Features:
- Always goodBre67Dined on 6/15/2014Took my fiance here for Fathers Day. He was really impressed. The amount of food you get, along with the ambience, makes the price worth it.Special Features:
- 24th AnniversaryWalkdog07Dined on 6/7/2014Me and my wife had an awesome time. Mood and setting were right and our server was more than willing to assist us. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricy but good & differentNewYorkItalianDined on 6/6/2014Great service. Drinks priced to market but food was a little overpriced, especially for the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014First time eating at Melting Pot during the Early Dining time frame. Very quiet and relaxing time to go. We enjoyed that as well as the summer drink menu very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic restaurant!Songbird646Dined on 5/29/2014Brought my husband here for a date. It was absolutely amazing! Great food, great service and it was very romantic! We had never been so they were very kind to help us along the way with how to's and what sauces are best. :) I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to everyone. It is a little pricey but it is so worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014We've eaten at The Melting Pot many times and this was the worst service we have ever had there. The wait between refills (did the endless cheese and chocolate) was too long and the waitress often had to go back for something (spices/bread etc). She kept saying "I'll get that in right away for you" and we waited and waited. Love the restaurant and will go back but this time was a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- manofsteeleDined on 5/24/2014Outstanding experience both visits we have had to the Melting Pot Fredericksburg, VA. Service, Atmosphere, and Food was excellent. Recommend this facility to any couple looking for a romantic quite location to celebrate a special occasion or just some together time. Would also be great for small to medium size group dining.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!katinvaDined on 5/17/2014I have heard about Melting Pot for years and finally made the time to go, it was to celebrate Mother's day a week late. We had the best time! The place has nice clean decor the staff was amazing! and the food....was so fresh and so good! Cannot say enough good things! Will definately go back!!Special Features:
- double dateAdviceDined on 5/16/2014The food was amazing, however when sitting down into the booth, both my boyfriend and I bumped our knee on the corner of the burner. I was wearing a dress and it actually cut me and left a welt/bruise. It might be a good idea to find a way to put something on those corners to avoid cuts and bruises as they are sharp. Overall though I was in heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayBeachLoverDined on 5/11/2014It was an awesome way for my son and I to spend some time together! He had never been before and the experience was top notch...waiter was really good with him! We lost my husband his dad a year and half ago, so anything that puts a smile on his face makes me equally happy! Thank you so much....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg reviews archive.
- First time!DaveDined on 4/29/2014Took my wife here for her birthday for the first time ( ever, not just for a birthday :P ). Food was great, service was great and we had what was probably the best seat in the house. Will be going again!Special Features:
- RomanticROMANCEDined on 4/26/2014Nice romantic dinner for couples who like to take etheir time and cook their own meal.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Had a great time. First Time at this restaurant. won't be ordering the 4 course again tho..too much food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent CustomersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014My wife and I have always found The Melting Pot the perfect spot for our birthday celebrations and wedding anniversary. We also take the opportunity to enjoy an occasional night out just for fun. The management and staff go out of their way to make each guest feel special. Further, the meals are excellent as well as the service.Special Features:
- Unique experience.divingabmanDined on 4/19/2014Great place, good food, service and fun. Our server Mike was fabulous and patient. Our first time there and he explained everything thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014This is a nice restaurant for special occasions. Although the waiter was not as good as in the past it was still a pleasant meal. The special made it even better. I would go again if they have another offer like this one.Special Features:
- Something DifferentdsimerlyDined on 4/12/2014It was a nice place to be "interactive" at dinner. Not the normal you order food...wait...and then get it and eat. You basically make your own food, so it's nicer than just sitting there waiting. Would be nice for first dates since it has you interact with each other. Also, the food is amazing, especially the dessert. I would go back just for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F/Burg Melting Pot is the BEST!!JustUsDined on 4/12/2014This is our restaurant of choice for the big occasions!!! Service, food, and ambiance is excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday!TrishDined on 4/2/2014The owner was extremely nice and very funny. Our waitress was top notch. We were first timers and she explained everything to us. The food was excellent and fresh. There are many options on the drink list. There are many options to pick from the menu to suit you're taste. The 4 course is the way to go. We were all so stuffed we left. My 7 year old nephew enjoyed as well. We will definitely be back. Don't forget to call ahead and order chocolate covered strawberries to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.