The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg
1618 Carl D Silver Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22401Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/fredericksburg/specials
- Phone: 5407859690
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday:12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg
The Melting Pot is Fredericksburg’s premiere fondue restaurant. We offer both a romantic and family friendly atmosphere for your fine dining fondue experience. Our staff operates with one goal in mind - to provide you with the perfect night out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg - Best Restaurants in Fredericksburg ›
The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (47)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Outstanding service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate my birthday. Our server was attentive and met all our needs. The food, as usual for the Melting Pot was fantastic. They even had my favorite chocolate fondue, the White Chocolate Creme Brulee. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- The Melting Pot Really Melts...LadybugladyDined on 9/26/2014...in your mouth, literally. The food was to die for! Loved every bite! My husband and I went for the first time Friday evening and we don't make a lot of money but it was my birthday, so we splurged. It was worth every cent! I can't wait to go back again! Our waiter(Tim I think) was great! He was very attentive, relaxed, and was on top of all our needs. The Melting Pot was not just dining, it was an experience for everyone to try at least once in their lives. Thank you!Special Features:
- It's nice enoughTravisDined on 9/26/2014So, it's pricey and it's fondue so you have to cook your own food. The marinades are good as are the sauces and in the end it is pretty tasty. If you aren't the great conversationalist, or, if, like my wife and I, you have talked everything else to death and just don't have a lot new to talk about anymore, working through how long to cook what and what sauce to pair it with gives you something to conversate about and can make for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Our server has just the right balance of fun and knowledge of cuisine. The restaurant had a nice ambiance, and had just enough background noise to know you weren't at home but, quiet enough to carry conversation with my wife. The food was great, seasoned well, and the sauce was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnermypaintedhorseDined on 9/21/2014Another great date night visit to the Melting Pot. Great service, wonderful food and very quiet atmosphere for enjoying dinner with your spouse or date. This restaraunt never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed our mealDanaFromStaffordVADined on 9/14/2014Visited for a special occasion, and our first time eating there. Will definitely be back. We received everything we requested (which included a quiet table away from the restrooms). Our server, Melissa, very happily and efficiently educated us on what to do, she was lovely. Food was good (although I would leave out the nutmeg on the new Alpine Fondue next time). When it was time to pay the bill, my requested box of chocolate covered strawberries was delivered as requested. Restrooms clean and nice, liked the folded paper towels. Not a place suitable for small kids. Overall, good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- welllllllllllllfood101Dined on 9/13/2014Was expecting more of unique dining. The restaurant was beyond cold and very uncomfortable and the cheese fondue was fair not warm enough until the waiter came back several times to correct the temp.. Waiter rushed thru how to use fondue to really be able to enjoy. He was very rushed and for the price we would have expected better.Special Features:
- That special little placemeloyelo51Dined on 9/10/2014Food is great, service is even better. This was my second visit and very romantic setting for an anniversary. It's nice to have an upscale privete dinner where most everything else around this area is just the fancy chains where everyone else is dining there all around you and gets a little loud.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedpmrthirdVIPDined on 9/10/2014Never had to desire to go hear as I thought it was just cheese and chocolate. Well, I decided to give it a try. A lot of great food selections and went with the build your own trio...chose duck breast, shrimp and ahi tuna. I found it fun and very good, especially all the different dipping sauces. Tuesday, any glass of wine is $5. I also never order dessert but was compelled to try. It too was very good. Tried the dark chocolate with a Cointreau. Once again, very good! I want to go back with a friend next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great but the cost was outrageous for the amount of food you get!Special Features:
- Great foodGoodeatsDined on 9/6/2014If you're looking for a nice evening to sit and relax, this is the place for you. The food is great and never that rushed feeling like at other restaurants. Service with a smile and knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Very friendly staff and always on top of our food order :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the nightfburgfoodguyDined on 8/30/2014You don't eat fondue every night, but Melting Pot is good for a special date night. Food is tasty and the setting is nice for private conversations. Be prepared to take your time. There are a couple of up charges related to cooking method but it is worth it.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceGIBOEDined on 8/25/2014We're tried many other restaurants in Fredericksburg but always come back here for special occasions because we know it will be great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as Usual.SilverNitrateDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I have been to the Fredericksburg location three times and each time did not disappoint. We have had the same server each time, Michael. He made our experience that much better. Prodessional yet friendly and talkative. We love him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWWilltryagainDined on 8/8/2014It was our first time at the melting pot and my 50th birthday. The great food was only surpassed by the excellent service and the ambience. I felt it was important to their employees that we had a great experience which we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 21st Birthday Dinnerluv2EtoutDined on 8/5/2014Very attentive waiter. Abundance of food! Fun experience!Special Features:
- Went for the expierence only .AnniversarydinnerDined on 8/4/2014We went for our anniversary. Food was ok. Resturant was good. Server just ok; not real friendly. Would not go every year even if I could afford. Way overpriced for amount of food you got. Once again, only went for experience and to say that we have done it. Would not go back or recommend.Special Features:
- OutstandingGreatDined on 8/4/2014We took our son for his 14th birthday and it was great! The waiter was very friendly and provided outstanding service. There was 7 of us and he kept up with all our needs and none of our glasses went empty. He also made sure to make our son feel special and when he brought out dessert, he had placed a candle in the sponge cake, which was super awesome.Special Features:
- GraduationsEmtsDined on 7/31/2014Our granddaughter said she had always wanted to go so we brought her here for her high school graduation. She loved it and we all had a great time!Special Features:
- First Time for FriendspiritdDined on 7/24/2014We brought someone who had never been to a Melting Pot before. It was a fantastic first time for her. They were very attentive to our food allergies. Perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014The service was top notch! the food was very good! will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Such a romantic and quiet evening for my boyfriend and I-the service and the food were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MegsDined on 7/14/2014Normally I would give you all 5 stars the only downfall was that because we stayed closer to closing it was much noiser. I would've appreciated a bit more quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheese, chocolate, YUM, YUM.RenLadyDined on 7/14/2014Have been to Melting pot several time but this was the first unlimited cheese and chocolate outing. It was wonderful. My friend and I also each got a salad that was a little extra but not much. We could have as many pots of different cheese and chocolate fondues we wanted for $20 each so literally stuffed ourselves. Great food and nice quiet place to enjoy the company of others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining not eatingBlessedDined on 7/14/2014The Melting Pot is a family favorite. Put away the phones and enjoy a social dining experience or a romantic date. You are not rushed and the owner maintains high standards for his staff and the food he serves. A very different restaurant worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightSlvsYDined on 7/9/2014My wife and I enjoy a memorable date night. The food, from cheese to chocolate fondue, was delicious and was appropriately cut. Being able to add special amenities to receive before, during and after the dining made the experience more enhanced. The waiter was very in tune with the menu and blend of foods, and very polite. The owners presence throughout made us feel that they actual care about you as a customer. Great place, great food and great staff; highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceCrutchDined on 7/5/2014The food was good, but the service was better. Very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+boomboxboy23Dined on 7/1/2014I went here with my mother and we used the Summer Platter deal they have going on all summer, and it was awesome. The 4-course dinner was all fantastic, Scott was an awesome and thorough server. Go in and mention the Summer Platter, and you won't be disappointed, I promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGatoralum93Dined on 6/27/2014From the cheese fondue to the salad to the entrees to the dessert, the entire experience was pleasing to the entirety of our tastebuds. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, just a great dining experience fit the entire family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- purple17Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and a good amount of food to try so you can enjoy a 3 to 5 course dinner or lunch. Just a fun thing to do and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeelingalittlecheatedLovegoodfoodDined on 6/20/2014Nice, but a lot of work. We had not planned on having to cook our own meals. MP came highly recommended by friends. Booths are very romantic and very small. Steaks are better cooked as a whole and then cut into tiny pieces as you eat it. MP is worth a try, but be prepared to spend a small fortune. May return with kids, but my husband will not be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serverZimkoDined on 6/20/2014The server was fantastic. We had a gentleman with us who was drinking his water rapidly and the server managed to keep it filled without being asked and without us even really noticing. We were able to continue with our conversation without being interrupted while he saw to our drinks and dishes. We've had him before and it was the same great service. Keep it up!Special Features:
- We were Melting Pot virgins!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014After having been baby sitters for the grandkids while their Mom and Dad went to The Melting Pot, and THEN having to listen to them rave about how great the experience had been, we decided to see about it for ourselves. Well, our experience was everything we were told to expect and more! It was fantastic. And our server Victoria, guided us through every step of our dining experience. She was more than great, she made us comfortable and allowed us to enjoy our night out to the n'th degree.Special Features:
- Always goodBre67Dined on 6/15/2014Took my fiance here for Fathers Day. He was really impressed. The amount of food you get, along with the ambience, makes the price worth it.Special Features:
- 24th AnniversaryWalkdog07Dined on 6/7/2014Me and my wife had an awesome time. Mood and setting were right and our server was more than willing to assist us. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricy but good & differentNewYorkItalianDined on 6/6/2014Great service. Drinks priced to market but food was a little overpriced, especially for the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Fredericksburg reviews archive.
- Early DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014First time eating at Melting Pot during the Early Dining time frame. Very quiet and relaxing time to go. We enjoyed that as well as the summer drink menu very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic restaurant!Songbird646Dined on 5/29/2014Brought my husband here for a date. It was absolutely amazing! Great food, great service and it was very romantic! We had never been so they were very kind to help us along the way with how to's and what sauces are best. :) I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to everyone. It is a little pricey but it is so worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014We've eaten at The Melting Pot many times and this was the worst service we have ever had there. The wait between refills (did the endless cheese and chocolate) was too long and the waitress often had to go back for something (spices/bread etc). She kept saying "I'll get that in right away for you" and we waited and waited. Love the restaurant and will go back but this time was a disappointing experience.Special Features: