The Melting Pot - Framingham
92 Worcester Road
Framingham, MA 01702Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Framingham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/framingham-natick/specials
- Phone: 5088753115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm- 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fondue dining is an excellent group activity and our restaurant is the perfect location for: Birthday or anniversary celebrations, Graduation celebrations, Bridal/baby showers, Rehearsal dinners, Special interest group meetings, Holiday parties, Corporate meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Samantha Birtwell 5088753115
A word from The Melting Pot - Framingham
Located conveniently on Route 9, near The Natick Mall, The Natick/Framingham Melting Pot brings a truly unique upscale/casual dining experience to Boston's Metro West dining scene. The Melting Pot is a dinner only restaurant where fondue becomes a memorable and interactive four-course dining experience where patrons can "dip into something different." Following a creamy cheese fondue and lively salad, guests are able to choose from four flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of entrées including filet mignon, lobster, breast of chicken, duck,shrimp, salmon and more. Dessert features mouthwatering chocolate fondue served with dipping items including fresh strawberries, cheesecake, marshmallows, pound cake and brownies.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Framingham - Best Restaurants in Framingham ›
The Melting Pot - Framingham reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)good for groups (36)romantic (35)kid-friendly (16)fit for foodies (14)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great adventurejoel67VIPDined on 10/19/2014A fondue meal is an interesting adventure when taking grandsons there. The waiter was quite personable and good to the grandsons (although he became too busy and others had to take over). The food was good. I was glad to have (earned) a $30 gift certificate as it is not a cheap meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnermomckbDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I went to Melting Pot in Framingham for our anniversary. They had an area which was supposed to be more secluded and quiet but, they seated a somewhat loud group of young women across from us which was disappointing (I had called to ask and was assured that the area would be "romantic.") I liked the idea of the fondue as something different and, it was. We got the plain broth to cook in and the meat was not great. We liked the cheese fondue better and really liked the chocolate one! We each got a red Sangria which tasted much more like a mixed drink than Sangria--the wine not being noticeable but, it was tasty. The server was efficient. We got a Fall Special which made the experience affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014Food was good, a fun place for a group of people for a special occasion. Server was very friendly but unfortunately an extended wait between courses. Led to a 3+ hour dining experience. Kind of tough because we had children in our group.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014everything was perfect except waitress acted like she didn't want to wait on us! we sat so long before we even got waterSpecial Features:
- Always a pleasure!AmazingVIPDined on 9/30/2014My friend and I went to Melting Pot for a celebration dinner and we had so much fun! We had to be practically rolled out of there! The food was delicious and the service was great too! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealNewcomerVIPDined on 9/27/2014I had wanted to go to this restaurant for a long time and it met most of my expectations. The service was very good and the food was very tasty. We really enjoyed the fondue experience. However it was just too much food. I wish they had told us that it would be too much for one person and maybe just shared a meal. Next time we will do that. And because none of it is cooked, you can't really get a "goody bag"? But on the whole, it was a very fun night.Special Features:
- Slow service during lunch hourswildarmDined on 9/21/2014Came here as soon as the restaurant opened at 12pm. It's a very spacious place, and given that there aren't too many customers during lunch hours, it was quite difficult to get a hold of the waitresses. We had to wait a long time to place our order, and wait quite a long time in between courses. Probably better idea to save it for dinner time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Service this time was poor. long time between coursesSpecial Features:
- My favorite restaurantMoomaDined on 9/19/2014Love the food the service just everything about this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The service was great. So was the food. It was quiet and romantic.Special Features:
- Interesting experienceWhatwerewethinkingDined on 9/13/2014Way over priced! Paying for the experience. Immature young wait staff. Portions small. Once is enough!Special Features:
- Very tastyGinoDined on 9/8/2014My wife and I dined here for our anniversary. We got the cheese, salad, and dessert option. Our server was very friendly. The food was very delicious, but I wish more vegetables and less bread was provided for the cheese dip. The Original dessert fondue (chocolate with chunky peanut butter) was amazing!Special Features:
- Great NightKruzerDined on 9/5/2014Sarah the bartender was exceptional, Friendly and funny! Austin who waited on us was attentive and equally amusing - We found it a little confusing when ordering but it was our first time. Austin helped us through it! It was a wonderful evening had by my family!Special Features:
- unique experienceAnnieVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our first visit. Great to go here with family or a group. Very different experience. Lots of choices. Great sauces for whatever meet or fish you choose to cook in your fondue pot. Overall, however, the food itself is okay but I think one goes here more for the unique and interactive experience rather with reasonably good food, rather than for excellent food.Special Features:
- Just okayCathDined on 9/4/2014Definitely overpriced for what it is. I wouldn't ever go without a groupon. Sauces tasted canned. Meat was good quality though.
- Great for a dateabttownDined on 9/1/2014This is one of my favorite places to eat! Especially great for a date, or group of friends. Just need to make sure you have plenty of time to eat! And come with lots of space in your belly, you'll want to try EVERYTHING.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed our visit and it was quite fun to dig in the pots. Unfortunately our waiter was not very helpful , but he was a nice young man. It was our first visit and we didn't know what to do and we would have to ask how we went about using utensils. We wished we had the server at next table because she took the time to explain to couple how everything worked and offered more veggies. Our server complained about having three tables.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, but food not greatGEORDined on 8/29/2014The idea is good. The restaurant has great ambiance, but the food is not great, especially for the price. The chocolate fondue was the best thing there. Too expensive for the quality of food you get. $100 was not worth it.
- Great food better serviceleaffan27Dined on 8/23/2014Had great service from all of the staff especially our waiter JDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConnecticutFoodieDined on 8/21/2014Love fondue and I love the Melting Pot. The ability to customize your experience is great too!Special Features:
- great timemkel922Dined on 8/20/2014For our first time, we had a blast! We had a fantastic server, and the food was great. We can't wait to go back for more!!Special Features:
- Great fondueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I had a great dinner at the Melting Pot in Framingham MA. We had the 4 course meal. The cheese fondue was delicious and the chocolate fondue was great.Special Features:
- Finally back!MascotDined on 8/16/2014We've been planning to get back to this place for some time now. It was long overdue. We are a family of Fondue lovers, but we're the old fashioned kind. We like a regular Cheese Fondue, so we selected the Classic Alpine Fondue for four, We all started with a salad. Three of us selected the Caesar, which featured the unique touch of Parmesan encrusted pine nuts. While the fourth member of the party selected a "Limited Time Only" Strawberry Caprese Salad, which features fresh mozzarella cheese, Roma tomatoes and strawberries with a sweet white balsamic glaze and honey roasted almonds. Both were tasty. The serving size was perfect. We finished with a Pure Dark Chocolate dessert Fondue. Why did we wait so long to go back? We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too expensivelukieDined on 8/16/2014I had a groupon so decided to try it with a friend. Even with the groupon, way too expensive. Won't go back. Our waiter was nice but the food was just ok, and over-priced for sure.Special Features:
- not so great. horrible valuedisappointedDined on 8/13/2014We only went because of gift certificate. There was a smell in the seating area. Think from steam from pots. Didn't like everything being boiled. Takes longer than 2 mins to cook as recommended by our waitress. Poor on vegetables. Not fresh. Dipping sauces good. Salad good. Really expensive for low value food and volume!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We have been here a few times before and I am saddened to say it has gotten worse every time. The first time we came for dinner and everything was great. These last two times we went only for dessert and the fruit wasn't that great. We also went later at night these past two times and maybe that has something to do with it. I don't think we will be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue FunfoodiefanDined on 8/2/2014Who can resist a restaurant where you're supposed to play with your food? Fondue is one of my favorites, and, as usual, the Melting Pot did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pothappycamper330Dined on 7/31/2014Fabulous! The food, for all courses was outstanding. The service was bright and friendly. We went on the occasion of my daughter's twenty-first birthday. They acknowledged that with a birthday card and a candle in her dessert, and all I did was mention we had a birthday in our online reservation. The ingredients for each course were fresh and delicious and the table side cooking was fun and exciting. A bit pricey to do a full four courses for everyday dining, but great for a special occasion. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter was extremely RUDEBADWTRDined on 7/28/2014Our waiter was a terrible guy and was way too aggressive just hoping to make an extra buck. He was overly aggressive, it was clear that he wanted us to order the food ASAP. When we were not even finished with the main course fondues, he already came with the dessert menu and gave it to the youngest person of family. He did not even ask us if we were at all ready to look at the dessert menu, but instead just handed the menu to our youngest son and made a silly joke. How RUDE of him! We have come to the Melting Pot in Framingham for many years now to celebrate my son's birthday, but after this rather disappointing experience we will think twice next time if we want to come to the Melting Pot in Framingham again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice weekend lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014We had lunch here on Saturday, and it was a very nice meal. It was not extraordinary, but it was nice. The server was not amazing, but he was fine. My only problem was value-- it was very expensive for what it was.
- HappyPantsDined on 7/3/2014This is my boy's favorite restaurant in the world!Special Features:
- Fun cook-your-own mealFoodieKittyDined on 7/3/2014Nice variety of choices. Picked the French Quarter as had The Classic before. Thought it might be too spicy since the meat came out covered. Once dipped in the buillion and cooked everything had a nice flavor with a little kick but not overwhelming. Started with cheese fondue (cheddar) and ended with chocolate fondue (flaming turtle) - both really yummy and had us scrapping the bottom of the pot! Nice wine selection - could choose a pairing with each course. Good place for either a group as they have larger tables or a tete-a-tete with nicely spaced booths. Also fun for kids as long as they know enough not to touch the cooking surface.Special Features:
- RewardRewardDined on 6/26/2014This is our daughter's go to place when we let her pick dinner but we restrict it to special occasions. We had been traveling and she was a bit grouchy after a long travel day. We surprised her with dinner there as a reward for a great report card and being a pretty good traveler. She noticed the sign at the street for the Melting Pot right away but didn't realize this was the dinner location. We told her when we pulled in a received a very excited "really?" Dinner was great and her mood has been a lot better for the rest of the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 879 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Framingham reviews archive.
- Wow has this become a long mealiamnotacriticDined on 6/22/2014We have had better experiences but this location is slipping. We wanted a nice family meal but nothing good can happen with a family of 5 and a 245 meal. After making reservations for 630 we actually left the restaurant after 915. Given that food is prepared at your table, 30-40 minutes between courses just isn't acceptable.
- Loved it!SCOlsenVIPDined on 6/16/2014Went with three other friends and we all enjoyed it. Sorry I don't remember the name of our server but he was great! Explained everything to our satisfaction and was very helpful throughout the evening. We would definitely recommend the Melting Pot to friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014service was slow the last time we were there. cheese and chocolate was still great thoughI would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of funchiliDined on 6/12/2014The novelty of the fondue made for a very nice evening. The dipping sauces and fondue sauces/broth were very tasty. The steak needs more like 3 - 4 minutes, not 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Placemeshy21Dined on 6/8/2014This is an amazing place for special dinner. My wife was so happy that I took her there for her Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love playing with my food!TboneDined on 6/6/2014Who doesn't like food on a stick?? Especially when you get to dip it in melted cheese?? Mmmmmmm. The Melting Pot never disappoints, no matter which combination of cheese, meat and seafood fondues I choose. I can't speak for the chocolate dessert fondues, as I can never seem to save room! regardless, the knowledgeable attentive staff are happy to accommodate my limited stomach with a "free chocolate fondue" card. Too bad I always give those away!! I love coming here with my teenagers, friends and for a romantic evening for 2 - thanks to the cozy 2-fer booths! Only giving 4 Stars for the food quality - let's face it, it's not exactly gourmet. But it ranks 5 stars on the fun!!Special Features:
- nice, but slowYaroDined on 6/3/2014The food was superb, but the service slow - very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.