The Melting Pot - Framingham
92 Worcester Road
Framingham, MA 01702Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Framingham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/framingham-natick/specials
- Phone: 5088753115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm- 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fondue dining is an excellent group activity and our restaurant is the perfect location for: Birthday or anniversary celebrations, Graduation celebrations, Bridal/baby showers, Rehearsal dinners, Special interest group meetings, Holiday parties, Corporate meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Samantha Birtwell 5088753115
A word from The Melting Pot - Framingham
Located conveniently on Route 9, near The Natick Mall, The Natick/Framingham Melting Pot brings a truly unique upscale/casual dining experience to Boston's Metro West dining scene. The Melting Pot is a dinner only restaurant where fondue becomes a memorable and interactive four-course dining experience where patrons can "dip into something different." Following a creamy cheese fondue and lively salad, guests are able to choose from four flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of entrées including filet mignon, lobster, breast of chicken, duck,shrimp, salmon and more. Dessert features mouthwatering chocolate fondue served with dipping items including fresh strawberries, cheesecake, marshmallows, pound cake and brownies.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Framingham - Best Restaurants in Framingham ›
The Melting Pot - Framingham reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (45)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (18)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great fondueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I had a great dinner at the Melting Pot in Framingham MA. We had the 4 course meal. The cheese fondue was delicious and the chocolate fondue was great.Special Features:
- Finally back!MascotDined on 8/16/2014We've been planning to get back to this place for some time now. It was long overdue. We are a family of Fondue lovers, but we're the old fashioned kind. We like a regular Cheese Fondue, so we selected the Classic Alpine Fondue for four, We all started with a salad. Three of us selected the Caesar, which featured the unique touch of Parmesan encrusted pine nuts. While the fourth member of the party selected a "Limited Time Only" Strawberry Caprese Salad, which features fresh mozzarella cheese, Roma tomatoes and strawberries with a sweet white balsamic glaze and honey roasted almonds. Both were tasty. The serving size was perfect. We finished with a Pure Dark Chocolate dessert Fondue. Why did we wait so long to go back? We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too expensivelukieDined on 8/16/2014I had a groupon so decided to try it with a friend. Even with the groupon, way too expensive. Won't go back. Our waiter was nice but the food was just ok, and over-priced for sure.Special Features:
- not so great. horrible valuedisappointedDined on 8/13/2014We only went because of gift certificate. There was a smell in the seating area. Think from steam from pots. Didn't like everything being boiled. Takes longer than 2 mins to cook as recommended by our waitress. Poor on vegetables. Not fresh. Dipping sauces good. Salad good. Really expensive for low value food and volume!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We have been here a few times before and I am saddened to say it has gotten worse every time. The first time we came for dinner and everything was great. These last two times we went only for dessert and the fruit wasn't that great. We also went later at night these past two times and maybe that has something to do with it. I don't think we will be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue FunfoodiefanDined on 8/2/2014Who can resist a restaurant where you're supposed to play with your food? Fondue is one of my favorites, and, as usual, the Melting Pot did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pothappycamper330Dined on 7/31/2014Fabulous! The food, for all courses was outstanding. The service was bright and friendly. We went on the occasion of my daughter's twenty-first birthday. They acknowledged that with a birthday card and a candle in her dessert, and all I did was mention we had a birthday in our online reservation. The ingredients for each course were fresh and delicious and the table side cooking was fun and exciting. A bit pricey to do a full four courses for everyday dining, but great for a special occasion. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter was extremely RUDEBADWTRDined on 7/28/2014Our waiter was a terrible guy and was way too aggressive just hoping to make an extra buck. He was overly aggressive, it was clear that he wanted us to order the food ASAP. When we were not even finished with the main course fondues, he already came with the dessert menu and gave it to the youngest person of family. He did not even ask us if we were at all ready to look at the dessert menu, but instead just handed the menu to our youngest son and made a silly joke. How RUDE of him! We have come to the Melting Pot in Framingham for many years now to celebrate my son's birthday, but after this rather disappointing experience we will think twice next time if we want to come to the Melting Pot in Framingham again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice weekend lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014We had lunch here on Saturday, and it was a very nice meal. It was not extraordinary, but it was nice. The server was not amazing, but he was fine. My only problem was value-- it was very expensive for what it was.
- HappyPantsDined on 7/3/2014This is my boy's favorite restaurant in the world!Special Features:
- Fun cook-your-own mealFoodieKittyDined on 7/3/2014Nice variety of choices. Picked the French Quarter as had The Classic before. Thought it might be too spicy since the meat came out covered. Once dipped in the buillion and cooked everything had a nice flavor with a little kick but not overwhelming. Started with cheese fondue (cheddar) and ended with chocolate fondue (flaming turtle) - both really yummy and had us scrapping the bottom of the pot! Nice wine selection - could choose a pairing with each course. Good place for either a group as they have larger tables or a tete-a-tete with nicely spaced booths. Also fun for kids as long as they know enough not to touch the cooking surface.Special Features:
- RewardRewardDined on 6/26/2014This is our daughter's go to place when we let her pick dinner but we restrict it to special occasions. We had been traveling and she was a bit grouchy after a long travel day. We surprised her with dinner there as a reward for a great report card and being a pretty good traveler. She noticed the sign at the street for the Melting Pot right away but didn't realize this was the dinner location. We told her when we pulled in a received a very excited "really?" Dinner was great and her mood has been a lot better for the rest of the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow has this become a long mealiamnotacriticDined on 6/22/2014We have had better experiences but this location is slipping. We wanted a nice family meal but nothing good can happen with a family of 5 and a 245 meal. After making reservations for 630 we actually left the restaurant after 915. Given that food is prepared at your table, 30-40 minutes between courses just isn't acceptable.
- Loved it!SCOlsenVIPDined on 6/16/2014Went with three other friends and we all enjoyed it. Sorry I don't remember the name of our server but he was great! Explained everything to our satisfaction and was very helpful throughout the evening. We would definitely recommend the Melting Pot to friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014service was slow the last time we were there. cheese and chocolate was still great thoughI would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of funchiliDined on 6/12/2014The novelty of the fondue made for a very nice evening. The dipping sauces and fondue sauces/broth were very tasty. The steak needs more like 3 - 4 minutes, not 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Placemeshy21Dined on 6/8/2014This is an amazing place for special dinner. My wife was so happy that I took her there for her Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love playing with my food!TboneDined on 6/6/2014Who doesn't like food on a stick?? Especially when you get to dip it in melted cheese?? Mmmmmmm. The Melting Pot never disappoints, no matter which combination of cheese, meat and seafood fondues I choose. I can't speak for the chocolate dessert fondues, as I can never seem to save room! regardless, the knowledgeable attentive staff are happy to accommodate my limited stomach with a "free chocolate fondue" card. Too bad I always give those away!! I love coming here with my teenagers, friends and for a romantic evening for 2 - thanks to the cozy 2-fer booths! Only giving 4 Stars for the food quality - let's face it, it's not exactly gourmet. But it ranks 5 stars on the fun!!Special Features:
- nice, but slowYaroDined on 6/3/2014The food was superb, but the service slow - very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smadhhaDined on 6/1/2014This was my daughter's 3rd time here and our first. We surprised her after her graduation. I think it would be a great place to sit around have drinks with friends when you want to visit and you are in no hurry. I found it fun, entertaining but expensive. Service was awesome. A lot of tables had kids with them, I think it is too expensive to bring young kids. It was a great way to celebrate my daughter's high school graduation, one of her favorite places to go.Special Features:
- Good FondueLoveGoodFoodDined on 5/31/2014The food was good but the portions were tiny even by European standard! I was surprised to see our waitress bring one dinner plate for 2 adults. the meat was very tasty and tender. Good Mixed drinks. Will go back for sure!!Special Features:
- Kids, Babies and CouplesFoodiemomDined on 5/24/2014If you are OK with your kid having a sharp fork and cooking their own food over a boiling pot, the staff is great with kids (over 4- under 6mo). Kids menu includes chicken which is good for their tastes but have to be careful to cook it long enough! If you have two kids it might be cheaper to split an adult meal for more food choice. There is also enough space for an infant carrier if you have a baby who might sleep and want to go out for a nice dinner without paying a babysitter. The restaurant has some quiet places designed for couples that are very intimate. It has been a great experience each of the times that we have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dessert fondueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014I have never eaten a meal here, but love coming for chocolate fondue. very much enjoy the dark and milk chocolate combination. missed the cheesecake option, but enjoy the dessert and fruit bites for dipping!Special Features:
- A wonderful dinnerKarlDined on 5/18/2014The food, service and atmosphere was excellent. I say we're here at either Melting pot (Burlington/Framingham) ever other month. It's a great place to get together with long lost friend and catch up our life. We like it when we ask for them to take there times especially when we get the 4 course meal. It's a lot :). But a 3 course is good as well. Thank you Melting pot for also changing up the menu at times. Trying new dishes are great time too.Special Features:
- Special birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2014I hadn't been to The Melting Pot in quite some time. I was very happy to find that the food was still very good and the service excellent. We were able to dine at our leisure for @4 hours. This was terrific, as a couple of friends and I got to celebrate a special birthday, and take our time, talking, catching up, and enjoying our meals.Special Features:
- Oops!YumyumDined on 5/14/2014I had notified thru Open Table that one guest would need a GF menu, which they acknowledged when we checked in. However, when our server was taking our cheese fondue order he said they were out of GF bread!!! That was one of the reasons I chose Melting Pot. They explained they ran out on Mother's Day, but this was Wednesday!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST MOTHER'S DAY DINNERKimandoliviaDined on 5/11/2014I took my mother and my 5 year old daughter to the Melting Pot for a late lunch on Mother's Day. My mother had never been before and absolutely LOVED it. Even my 5 year old loved it and not just the chocolate. Our server was Brian, he was wonderful and paid my mom the best compliment by saying that she looked too young to be a my mother and my daughter's grandmother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceLoveFondueDined on 5/3/2014We usually come here for special occasions, such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and we usually choose this particular restaurant for their great service, but our date the other night went awful. My significant other and I had a great time with one another and the food was great as always, but our server crushed a certain atmosphere of our date night. She rushed us throughout the whole meal, would disappear for 30 minutes or more, and only started being nice to us once she put the check on the table and remembered she needed a tip. We'll be going to another location just to avoid this waitress.Special Features:
- Fun for kidsRyoe4gudfudDined on 5/2/2014The evening at the Melting Pot was fun ! The food wasn't great! The cheese was mediocre (3 kinds) the steak was pretty good! Chocolate was too syrupy . It's very pricy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingdatenightspotDined on 5/2/2014We had the most amazing dinner. Nicole was great. Love the ambiance and romantic feel. Food was amazing as always. Best place for our date nights. Love the fact that we are not rushed either. Makes everything betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencePortlandfoodie50Dined on 5/1/2014I'm a hardcore foodie and have never been to a melting pot before, my girlfriend had been to a few of them before but never this one. Everything was incredible and so much fun. The whole concept is just great. It is not for those looking for an inexpensive dinner but you get everything that u pay for. It was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 859 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Framingham reviews archive.
- gimmicky and not substantialDMGHDined on 4/21/2014The prices are pretty high for what you get. I would not recommend the salad course. the flavor of all of the meat (filet mignon, sirloin) and fish (shrimp, Tuna) tasted like chicken broth due to the fondue sauce. They are not very generous with the cheese fondue sauce. Three of us ran out after just a few pieces of bread and veggies. Portions are rather skimpy.Special Features:
- UnimpressiveDined on 4/21/2014Cheese fondue was not well balanced (too much wine); instructions for how long to cook chicken were incorrect; quality of ingredients was poor to fair (rubbery mozzarella in salad; cuts of meat were fair and lacked uniformity in size; drinks made with poor quality or inappropriate ingredients). Waitress clearly wished to be in another line of work. Bar staff friendly and accommodating but limited by available product. Teen kids found it entertaining to cook their own dinner; parents were underwhelmed.Special Features:
- Get smartSunnyDined on 4/20/2014Our dinner turned out to cost more than I was expecting. I think we could have done a better job of ordering, because we ended up with leftover food. We didn't need a complete $29 dinner for each person, but could have ordered from the menu and shared three meals among the three adults and two children instead of five dinners.Special Features:
- Family friendlyChristieDined on 4/20/2014I was there with my husband and daughter for Easter dinner everything was great!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableLive42dayDined on 4/19/2014Great place to go as a couple for a romantic dinner. Private booths in the back are the place to be if you want a cozy and dim lit atmosphere. The experience was different and fun...All of the fondue options were delicious and offered tasty sauces for dipping......Highly recommend this place for a night out with someone special...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014My daughter wanted to go to the Melting Pot for years after hearing about it from another young friend. We decided to treat her (and us) for her 8th Birthday. We are glad we did! We have many food allergies and we put that on the reservation along with the reason for celebrating. They had a card on the table for her! The server was wonderful about making substitutions for all our food issues. We also have a teenager who doesn't like fancy restaurants or sitting still. He said that the Melting Pot is his new favorite. The meal was over two hours!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible waitresssqslDined on 4/12/2014my kids LOVE the melting pot! so i was very disappointed with our 3 HOUR experience (yes, that is a long time with kids) at this location. our waitress was extremely condescending & rude. When asked why didn't put a plate in front of one child her comment was "she had something there already and i couldn't" really???? and then before she went over the guidelines of the restaurant, she approached us as follows "alright, everybody is going to be quiet for the next 5 minutes" again, really?? THEN, when the heat kept kicking out she said, "the kids keep knocking it out" & LAST we ordered some wine, she brought the glasses first and lined them up and said - "do not move those glasses" there HAS to be a better way to speak to your customers!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentVirtualmrxDined on 4/11/2014The Melting Pot is a fun place to go for a special occasion when you want to do something different. It's very pricey for what it is though so I don't consider it a good place to go with friends on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18th BirthdayBabsieDined on 4/6/2014Went on a sunday afternoon for my daughter's 18th birthday celebration. 6 people in our party. The place was not full at all. Our server was very knowledgeable and helped us to choose our menu. It is pricey but I knew that going in and it is about the experience not just the food. Favorites among the groups was the cheeses fondue...not enough salsa chips for the teenagers. The filet mignon, pot stickers and terriyaki sirloin along with stuffed mushrooms. Overall a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.