The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
2377 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/farmingdale/specials
- Phone: 6317524242
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please note: two burner requests can not be honored via online reservations. To request these tables, you must call the restaurant and our Hospitality Specialist will be happy to assist you.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer large party rooms that can accommodate 26 to 68 guests. We are happy to accommodate lunch parties for 20 or more guests with adequate notice. Please visit our website to view banquet menus.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Gracia/Christina Costanzo 6317524242
- Entertainment: Enhance your dining experience with one of our custom celebration packages! Simply state which package you would like waiting at your table.
Roses - 3 for $20/ 6 for $30 - both include vase, greenery and a photo of party.
Balloon Package: $12 - includes balloons, a Melting Pot chocolate bar and a photo.
Golf Package: $25 - pint glass, logo balls, tees, a towel and a photo.
Teddy Bear: $18 - includes balloons, bear and a photo.
Souvenir Package: $25 - logo pint glass, t-shirt, balloons and photo.
- Special Events: Join our Club Fondue to receive emails regarding special events and coupons! Visit www.meltingpot.com for more details.
A word from The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
Join us for a fabulous fondue feast at the nation's largest fondue restaurant! The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale - Best Restaurants in Farmingdale ›
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)romantic (99)good for groups (76)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (29)kid-friendly (26)hot spot (24)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (12)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- worst dinner everpq27VIPDined on 9/21/2014I should have suspected it would be bad when I had to send my iced tea back since it was terrible. The salads were substandard and the quality of the proteins for cooking was poor. I think this caters to people who may love cheese and chocolate fondue but we just wanted the main course and I will NEVER go back again!!!!!
- LOVE LOVE LOVE The Melting Pot.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We usually go to the Melting pot 2 or 3 times a year. Its my wife's favorite special night out restaurant. From The Cheese course, all he way to the Chocolate fondue, its as perfect a dining experience that we can expect. Thanks again Melting Pot for another GREAT Birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usual...CHfromSBUXDined on 9/20/2014But not great. Arrived early for a reservation. Another couple with the same reservation time who arrived ten minutes after us was seated before us. We waited another 20 min to be seated. Waitress was nice. Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I went here for my anniversary with my boyfriend. We had an amazing time and our waitress was OUTSTANDING. Our meal was delicious and they gave us complimentary champagne. We would deff come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sdl071914Dined on 9/19/2014Mike j was our server he was amazing! He helped make our dining experience a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st birthdaySaraszotDined on 9/17/2014The melting pot staff had made celebrating my 21st fun and a great experience. I will definitely be back in the future!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The service was excellent. Our waitress Kerry was the best. The food was amazing. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostlyoldschoolDined on 9/14/2014Went with the family. Underwhelmed by whole experience. Menu is confusing. Ingredients were fresh, but sparse for the cost.
- Great Experiencenikkibeach23Dined on 9/14/2014This was my second time at the Melting Pot and the service was excellent. The food was good. You have to heat it up yourself, which some people might not like, but I enjoyed it.Special Features:
- An evening to rememberbambam53Dined on 9/7/2014The first time that I tried making reservations at The Melting Pot it was Valentine's this past year, unfortunately for us there were no openings. I didn't forget however and my wife and I just celebrated our 39th Wedding Anniversary and it was the perfect evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE FONDUEMAIRTHEMOUSEDined on 9/6/2014I brought 3 of my close friends with me to help celebrate my 50th! We had a blast & the food was great!! I treated myself to a 2nd pot of the swiss fondue for my entree as my friends were eating theirs. The service was good. Our waiter was very friendly & did a great job explaining our choices. I LOVE this place!! I will be back, even if by myself! hehehe I LOVE CHEESE FONDUE!!!Special Features:
- DELICIOUSDaddysangel4eva7Dined on 9/6/2014I absolutely love coming here with my friends as well as with my husband. This place is great for both a friendly dinner and a romantic one. The food is simply delicious and this is one of my favorite places to eat. My first time here i was a bit uncertain about cooking my own food, but its fun and you get use to it. Most importantly, the food is so good from the cheese fondue to the entree and then to the dessert finale of chocolate fondue. There are several cheese and chocolate fondues to choose from and sometimes i come here just for those and skip the entree. I would definitely recommend trying this place if you haven't already.Special Features:
- Sat at the BarsecndlokkDined on 9/5/2014Best bartender I have had in a long time courteous friendly helpful had a great time. Meanwhile my daughter and her friends sat at a table on fondue'd themselves silly. staff was great. my kid loves the place, and i enjoy the dessert how could you go wrong with melted chocolate on anythingSpecial Features:
- Always great, but...Alfe88Dined on 9/3/2014They never almost never provide napkins or not enough. The one thing I hate about this place is oil gets everywhere and there's nothing to wipe it up with. They NEED to provide paper napkins and wipes because it's gross and the bathroom is too far. Don't plan on wearing anything nice because I've ruined a brand new shirt before. I love the service here, never had a bad waiter or experience, but I can't stand how they explain everything to you like a child. I've been here 4 times and stated to them I've already been here, just prep stuff and go. I don't need all the showmanship, it gets really annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeriDined on 9/3/2014I love it! A wonderful dinner that leaves any foodie satisfied. Beware the chocolate fondue - it's irresistible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014For a nice romantic feel, or a good group of friends an excellent find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So enjoyable and delicious!FondueFanaticDined on 8/29/2014We went for dinner on a Friday night at 5pm. We had dinner reservations for 6 but they seated us right away. Our server, Kerri, was great! We ordered cheese fondue, salad, and chocolate fondue. It was the perfect amount for the 3 of us.Special Features:
- LOVE the melting pot! (Glutenfree)MandarinoDined on 8/22/2014Went with the hubby for a date night. Impressive waitstaff - out server was personable, timed everything perfect, and was great but even other staff was quick to help. My hubby needs to be gluten free and most of there menu is naturally gluten free and the staff is knowledgable. We each took advantage of the 4 course meal and each item was better than the next. We most certainly be back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for drinks and dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Had a blast with friends over chocolate fondue with drinks. Great privacy, tho service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appi and desert skip mainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014The service was not so great and I never say that. It was great fun but I would not order a main course again just appi and skip right to desert. The kids had a blastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DaniDined on 8/20/2014The melting pot in Farmingdale is a great place to have a girls night with your friends or a date night with your significant other. I am there once every couple of months. Great food, great service and always a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like no otherMikeDined on 8/19/2014You won't find many places this great! The food and the experience is like no other and the staff is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We had Angela as our server and she was fabulous. The manager came and checked on us. We love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for what you getDylanj819Dined on 8/17/2014Way too expensive. I got the Steak Lovers dish and it was $39 but there was about $15 worth the steak. The food did cook very fast but I do not recommend the steak. When you take it out of the pot its a depressed grey color and its extremely chewy. The Cheese Fondue was a dissapointment as well.I ordered the Fiesta Cheese. It was not cheesy, it's consistancy was like if you were to just melt cheddar cheese. It was rubbery and did not taste good. The best part of the meal was the dessert. I ordered the Chocolate Smores. The taste was amazing however they barely put any chocolate in the pot. It was mostly gone after dipping about 4 things into it. I would not recommend this restaurant, it is over priced and the food is decent at its best.Special Features:
- Great experienceJackieDined on 8/17/2014We loved The Melting Pot. The service and the food were amazing. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteJustcheesyDined on 8/16/2014The front rooms offer a sense of privacy with high backed booths which create a quiet, just You atmosphere. The back room where we were this visit was uncomfortably loud. The server was gracious & unintrusive. The food was excellent. The female bathroom was filthy but cared for when it was communicated to management. Overall an awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!!!NicoleLDined on 8/15/2014Love going here. Been here twice with my boyfriends both to celebratr anniversaries! So romantic and fun :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014It's a place to go for a different experience, it's also great if you just want dessert, just a little on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly IndulgencefoodseekerDined on 8/10/2014This is a not a small restaurant but it has an intimate, relaxed environment. The staff is warm and knowledgable. I don't have the words to describe how incredible the food tastes. We've celebrated many special occasions here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!KeithDined on 8/9/2014Another great meal at our favorite restaurant! We had an amazing meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic good, long service timeaconDined on 8/7/2014We took my mother here for her birthday and the restaurant truly exceeded all of our expectations. They had a few birthday surprises for her and very friendly service. The food was delicious and we loved the cook-your-own-meal concept. Our only complaint was that the service was LONG even though the restaurant wasn't crowded at all (we had also been told we couldn't make an earlier reservation because the restaurant was packed, but that didn't seem to be the case). Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly- again, the length of the dining experience was our only complaint. If you do a full four course meal it is admittedly nice to space out each course so you don't feel overwhelmed with food, but it would have been nice to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant wait to go back!mylibraryfriendsDined on 8/7/2014Finally made it for 80's night! Loved the menu, great service. Lots of fun with the fondue! Did think the 80's theme would have been more noticeable. Disappointed that the music seemed to repeat when there were so many other great 80's songs that could have been included.Special Features:
- My reviewSuziDined on 8/5/2014I believe the most important part of the restaurant is when you first walk in and greeted by the hostesses the horstesses were Excellent and I'd like to thank themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just because...CHfromSBUXDined on 8/2/2014We were hungry. 4 courses were delicious. Knowledgable server. One if my favorite local spots.Special Features:
- Great place for special nights out!da32Dined on 8/1/2014This is a great romantic spot. If you've never done fondue and are a little unsure, try eating dinner elsewhere and going to Melting Pot for just cheese and dessert fondue. We love it, and go at least once/year for the full 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Positive dining experience for me and my daughters ( ages 21 and 23). A lot of food options. (One daughter is vegetarian). A bit pricey but well worth it. Big food portions. The four-course meals is certainly the best value, but there will be so much food. Leave room for dessert. The chocolate fondue at the end is not be missed. If possible, request for Joe as your waiter.Special Features:
- Had a great timeRobRDined on 7/30/2014First time to this restaurant and trying fondue. Both my wife and I had a great time. We went for our 26th anniversary. Food was great, had the 4 course meal that was filling for us. Waitress Danielle was one of the best waitresses we ever had. Made us feel welcome, helped with our selections and even brought us a plate written in icing that said “Happy Anniversary, Here’s to another 26 years of Love” with two glasses of champagne. Manager even was told it was our anniversary and came over to ask us how everything was and wish us a happy anniversary. Real nice touch. Going back with the family soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique dining experienceJimLINYDined on 7/27/2014This is a restaurant that we come to about once a month. It is a unique style that is always pleasurable. The food is always top quality and fresh. Don't even think of going here and not getting dessert!!Special Features:
- Not for dinnerMusicalfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Even though the staff was helpful and friendly, the food was not at all what I thought. All of it had to be cooked in oil on the table and came out either over or undercooked. This place is probably great for dessert but not for an actual meal. Also, at the end they would not let us take home the left over ravioli which we had paid for.Special Features:
- hidden jemluvfoodDined on 7/25/2014The Melting Pot has been open for awhile I don't know why more people have not gone the food there is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.