The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
2377 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/farmingdale/specials
- Phone: (631) 752-4242
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please note: two burner requests can not be honored via online reservations. To request these tables, you must call the restaurant and our Hospitality Specialist will be happy to assist you.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer large party rooms that can accommodate 26 to 68 guests. We are happy to accommodate lunch parties for 20 or more guests with adequate notice. Please visit our website to view banquet menus.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Gracia/Christina Costanzo 6317524242
- Entertainment: Enhance your dining experience with one of our custom celebration packages! Simply state which package you would like waiting at your table.
Roses - 3 for $20/ 6 for $30 - both include vase, greenery and a photo of party.
Balloon Package: $12 - includes balloons, a Melting Pot chocolate bar and a photo.
Golf Package: $25 - pint glass, logo balls, tees, a towel and a photo.
Teddy Bear: $18 - includes balloons, bear and a photo.
Souvenir Package: $25 - logo pint glass, t-shirt, balloons and photo.
- Special Events: Join our Club Fondue to receive emails regarding special events and coupons! Visit www.meltingpot.com for more details.
A word from The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
Join us for a fabulous fondue feast at the nation's largest fondue restaurant! The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale - Best Restaurants in Farmingdale ›
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)romantic (115)good for groups (102)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (41)hot spot (33)late-night find (25)neighborhood gem (24)kid-friendly (24)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008The food was excellent as was the atmosphere. The service was great starting out, however, towards the end of our main course, the waitress dropped off the chocolate menu, which was fine, but then she dissappeared for no less than 30 minutes. Everyone around us, with different servers, were very well attended to, but by the time she came back to take the dessert order, all of those other customers were already headed out the door. We had 8:45 reservations (which were made about 4 weeks prior to the date for a birthday celebration), were seated promptly, but didn't end up leaving until midnight. The waitress was a lovely girl, but the service needs a bit of tweaking. We still had a nice time.Special Features:
- A nice spot to celebrate anOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008A nice spot to celebrate an aniversary. The menu is pricy, especially the drinks! $12 for a margarita was a bit much. The waitstaff was very friendly, and the service was impeccable. I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Very Expensive for the smallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008Very Expensive for the small amount of food you receive. Complete meal for 2 is about $110 but the food is only enough for about 1Special Features:
- Soup to nuts a great experience,DjtiseoDined on 5/3/2008Soup to nuts a great experience, Staff were phenomonal. A PLUSSpecial Features:
- We were charged for severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008We were charged for several drinks that we did not have so please check your bill. Also, they add gratuity to parties of 6 or more so beware of that too.Special Features:
- WE WENT BECAUSE, MY MOM HADOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2008WE WENT BECAUSE, MY MOM HAD BEEN, TO THE ONE IN FLORIDA, AND WE WANTED A ROMANTIC AND DIFFERENT PLACE TO CELEBRATE OUR ANNIVERSARY. THIS FULFILLED OUR EVERY DESIRE! We are taking our Mom's here on Mother's Day.Special Features:
- We had a great meal. I thinkLeslieVIPDined on 5/1/2008We had a great meal. I think the food is a little on the expensive side. I would dine more frequently if the bill was not so high.Special Features:
- I was somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2008I was somewhat disappointed with the cheese fondue and entrees. Ive had cheese fondue other places and received a lot more cheese and sides for a cheaper price than you give. I was also not happy with the choice of sides given. I was literally given about two pieces each of raw calliflower and carrots along with the bread and apple. We were all still very much hungry after it. The entrees also didnt have much to them either for the price.Special Features:
- Great experience!! AlthoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2008Great experience!! Although it is a bit too pricey for me to dine there often it is fine for special occasions. Additionally although this was a fun and different dining experience (our first time) as the food selection is very limited I would expect that if one were to return very often the novelty would wear off quickly.Special Features:
- appitizer and desert wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2008appitizer and desert were excellent.... steak cooked in a pot of noiling water, not so good.Special Features:
- great food. need more help,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2008great food. need more help, always full and staff is streached thin. will go back many times!!!!!Special Features:
- Made the reservations withclentzDined on 4/26/2008Made the reservations with friends but when they couldn't make it we decided to take our two kids (6 & 9) instead. They LOVED it and declared it their new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Our server was new and hisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008Our server was new and his service wasn't very good. However, he admitted it was his first day, so we can't complain too much. The service/attention we got from the manager on duty was exceptionally good. We had an issue with lobster not being properly cleaned, and the manager's response was excellent. The server nearly dropped the ball, but the manager compensated quite well. We will visit again.
- Excellent time! Our server,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2008Excellent time! Our server, Fallon, was great and made us feel right at home! It was worth every penny!Special Features:
- The service was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008The service was very good. The waitress was very personable. The food was not the best though. The cheese fondu had too much beer and garlic in it so my friends and I couldnt eat a lot of it. The chocolate fondu was very good though. It was not very filling though. Over all the performance was pleasurable.Special Features:
- A bit pricey, but we knewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2008A bit pricey, but we knew that going in. My gf and I had a memorable time. We expected a lot going in, and we were not disappointed. Our waiter Kieran was sincerely concerned that we enjoy ourselves. He was well informned on what is a complicated menu. We'll be back again for a "special" occasion.Special Features:
- the food was good but notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2008the food was good but not a place to go if you eat alot ordered the most we could and left hungry The bill was 140.00 for two with only two drinks each for two (2) people--- and not much to eatSpecial Features:
- I really enjoyed eating atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2008I really enjoyed eating at eh Melting Pot....yummy!Special Features:
- A very romantic and cozy settingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2008A very romantic and cozy setting that seems to suit couples or small groups best. The service and food are great. The booths are high walled and closed off making this a fantastic place for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- The service was a bit slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2008The service was a bit slow. Seemed like our waitress had tables all over the place and could not attend to us as she should have. The air conditioner would blast on and we would freeze every 15 minutes.Special Features:
- The food was ok, but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008The food was ok, but the service took very long in between courses. We asked for water when we were seated and never got it even after asking a second time. As we waited for our main course to come we ordered another mixed drink from the bar, after 20 minutes the food came but we still had to wait another 10 minutes for our drinks !! The service needs a little work since the place was packed. If they had a quicker turn around it wouldn't take two and a half hours to finish and not even have desert yet !! I won't be going back any time soon.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008The food was excellent. It didn't seem like a lot of food at first but you left there stuffed. My favorite parts of the meal were the cheese fondue (suggestion the melting pot should add some broccoli to the veggies in the cheese fondue) and the chocolate fondue. I do wish someone would have told me how they give vegetarians a double burner table because I would have made that request. I also think they should give you an option on what sort of vegetables you would like with your meal. The butternut squash raviolis were so good but the bad part was there was only two of them and I do wish I had more of them then the mushrooms. Overall the experience was great would totally go back.Special Features:
- It was fun but a little awkwardOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2008It was fun but a little awkward because we had a party of eight and we had to share three burners...the spinach and artichoke appetizer, the salad and the dessert fondue were excellent. I would have skipped the main course...very pricey for the amount of food.Special Features:
- The experience at the MeltingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2008The experience at the Melting Pot was a fun and delicious one! It was my husband's birthday and when we were seated at the table, he immediately noticed that there was a birthday card on the table waiting for him from the Melting Pot. That was such a sweet surprise. We had the Fondue Feast for two and although it did not look like a ton of food, it was more than plenty! Dessert was the best part. We had a white chocolate bananas foster fondue and dipped everything from cheesecake to rice krispies treats into the pot.The service was only mediocre. It was busy and the waitress was messy (spilling our appetizer fondue all over the table) and drinks were hard to come by.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008We had a wonderful waitress (Kim) - who was very friendly & attentive! We enjoyed the food & had a terrific time!Special Features:
- Something unusual in a sea55SullivanVIPDined on 4/17/2008Something unusual in a sea of same-ness. This is not your every week hangout, but a welcome change from the routine.Special Features:
- Our server, Jared, was WONDERFUL.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2008Our server, Jared, was WONDERFUL. I will definitely be requesting him the next time we go.Special Features:
- Having visited a Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2008Having visited a Melting Pot restaurant in Louisville, Co many years ago we came into this restaurant with a few preconcieved ideas. We were a little dissapointed not to see the same romantic charm we remembered, but we realize that this is a new location and has to accomodate a different crowd. The Colorado location was cozier and a bit more for the adult crowd where as this restaurant was loud and had lots of kids running around. I'm sure if we came at a later time it might have been quieter. Besides that, the food was Excellent and the wine was superb. Our wait staff was very attentive and had great recommendations for us. Would visit again!Special Features:
- It was a little overwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2008It was a little overwhelming trying to cook your food for the right amount of time thereby leading to frustrations. The men got impatient waiting for the food to cook. But overall it wasn't bad other than waiting 30 min to sit down even though we had a reservation and we had about 4 different waiters since our original waitress forgot about us and we only saw her 3 times the whole night.Special Features:
- We loved it! The atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008We loved it! The atmosphere was nice. The food was amazing! The sevice was great! It was the perfect place to celebrate my wife's birthday!Special Features:
- I liked the fact of diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008I liked the fact of dining for atleast 2 hours and gave us time to have conversation with each other. Although, I didn't find the food to be the best. I have heard some negative and positive feedback about this restaurant and wanted to see for myself. My guess is that I probably would not recomend this place to any friends or family. The prices were very expensive for the amount of food that was given also.
- Good for a romantic specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008Good for a romantic special occasion. Great decor. Great food, something different. But, very expensive.Special Features:
- The thought of raw food comingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2008The thought of raw food coming to the table was a little jarring. I was hungry and did not want to have to wait for my food. Was nervous with my daughter who has allergies to food.Special Features:
- Its a nice place nice experenceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2008Its a nice place nice experence a litte pricey wines are good but pricey place is entertaining. Good for special occasions. I could not get a table .But then i remember about open table and i got a table really fast great idea works great thank u so much.Special Features:
- It is great for an eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/9/2008It is great for an evening of good food and good conversation although a single diner should choose another restaurant since the pricing and food delivery favors at least two people. Three, however, will be more than satified with the selections for two. It is a great chance to experiment with different sauces and at the same time choose not to.Special Features:
- I was very curious about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2008I was very curious about this place and was soo excited to be going. I enjoyed the experience, but because of the prices I doubt I would go back a second time. I would only go again if the prices were ... cut in half.Special Features:
- I really like this resturant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2008I really like this resturant, the food is good and service is very good! But, I think it is over priced for what it is. And the bartender on duty this night was very inexperienced. They should at least know how to make a decent drink for that price!!
- It was spectacular. Our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2008It was spectacular. Our waitress was amazing, very helpful and always made sure we had what we need. It was so special also because of my birthday and they had a card for me. Can't wait to go back and try more. Fabulous!!! Thanks for a great night, Kelly & PaulSpecial Features:
- Awesome - cheese and chocolate!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2008Awesome - cheese and chocolate!! Can't beat that!! And the meal in between is great too. Anton was so friendly and courtieous.Special Features:
- We had such a wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2008We had such a wonderful time. It's my new favorite restaurant, definitely for special occasions. I've already recommended it to people!Special Features: