The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
2377 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/farmingdale/specials
- Phone: (631) 752-4242
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please note: two burner requests can not be honored via online reservations. To request these tables, you must call the restaurant and our Hospitality Specialist will be happy to assist you.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer large party rooms that can accommodate 26 to 68 guests. We are happy to accommodate lunch parties for 20 or more guests with adequate notice. Please visit our website to view banquet menus.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Gracia/Christina Costanzo 6317524242
- Entertainment: Enhance your dining experience with one of our custom celebration packages! Simply state which package you would like waiting at your table.
Roses - 3 for $20/ 6 for $30 - both include vase, greenery and a photo of party.
Balloon Package: $12 - includes balloons, a Melting Pot chocolate bar and a photo.
Golf Package: $25 - pint glass, logo balls, tees, a towel and a photo.
Teddy Bear: $18 - includes balloons, bear and a photo.
Souvenir Package: $25 - logo pint glass, t-shirt, balloons and photo.
- Special Events: Join our Club Fondue to receive emails regarding special events and coupons! Visit www.meltingpot.com for more details.
A word from The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
Join us for a fabulous fondue feast at the nation's largest fondue restaurant! The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale - Best Restaurants in Farmingdale ›
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)romantic (115)good for groups (102)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (41)hot spot (32)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (24)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great place for special nights out!da32Dined on 8/1/2014This is a great romantic spot. If you've never done fondue and are a little unsure, try eating dinner elsewhere and going to Melting Pot for just cheese and dessert fondue. We love it, and go at least once/year for the full 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Positive dining experience for me and my daughters ( ages 21 and 23). A lot of food options. (One daughter is vegetarian). A bit pricey but well worth it. Big food portions. The four-course meals is certainly the best value, but there will be so much food. Leave room for dessert. The chocolate fondue at the end is not be missed. If possible, request for Joe as your waiter.Special Features:
- Had a great timeRobRDined on 7/30/2014First time to this restaurant and trying fondue. Both my wife and I had a great time. We went for our 26th anniversary. Food was great, had the 4 course meal that was filling for us. Waitress Danielle was one of the best waitresses we ever had. Made us feel welcome, helped with our selections and even brought us a plate written in icing that said “Happy Anniversary, Here’s to another 26 years of Love” with two glasses of champagne. Manager even was told it was our anniversary and came over to ask us how everything was and wish us a happy anniversary. Real nice touch. Going back with the family soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1442 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Farmingdale reviews archive.
- A unique dining experienceJimLINYDined on 7/27/2014This is a restaurant that we come to about once a month. It is a unique style that is always pleasurable. The food is always top quality and fresh. Don't even think of going here and not getting dessert!!Special Features:
- Not for dinnerMusicalfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Even though the staff was helpful and friendly, the food was not at all what I thought. All of it had to be cooked in oil on the table and came out either over or undercooked. This place is probably great for dessert but not for an actual meal. Also, at the end they would not let us take home the left over ravioli which we had paid for.Special Features:
- hidden jemluvfoodDined on 7/25/2014The Melting Pot has been open for awhile I don't know why more people have not gone the food there is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodloveallfoodDined on 7/24/2014The food was delicious! We've never done fondue before. It was a great experience! Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well (had a migraine) so we skipped out on the chocolate. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Our waiter was amazing and recommended the gluten free bread and gluten free deserts. He was extremely accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't a fan of the boiled foodjohnDined on 7/23/2014Appetizers were great, Desert was great, just was not a fan of the way you cook the food there.Special Features:
- Fun night outLotusVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great food and lots of fun if you like cheese fondue, cooking your own food and melted chocolate. Good date spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itNSchmidtDined on 7/20/2014Been here a few times. First time I took my kids 14 n 8. The server helped me figure out how to get what I wanted at the best price n the food was great. Very happy with everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMariessaDined on 7/20/2014Food was excellent as always. Our server Jeff was awesome! Definitely will try to come back soon!Special Features:
- First Melting Pot ExperienceNicoleVIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband, daughter and I had our first melting pot experience at the Farmingdale location. We were greeted with some free cocktails which were very fruity and tasty (just needed some ice). The waitress was kind to help us understand the menu and how the fondue experience worked. We ordered cheddar cheese fondue which came with apples, bread and veggies. We'd probably try other cheese next time because other dips came with tortilla chips. For dinner, we ordered land & sea (yum!), cajun and another entree with 6 different meats, We ordered turtle dessert which is to die for! Our family loved the experience and would love to come back.Only negative was the smell in the restaurant. With all the different flavors people were cooking with.Special Features:
- Great waiterstatdrVIPDined on 7/16/2014Always have good service but this waiter was great! I love the fact that they will customize with no question. Always offers of extra dippers and whichever ones you want. Beautiful setting, very relaxing lovely dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Dont go!sarvahmarDined on 7/14/2014The food is just ok and the girlsa t the front desk are rude! We had a reservation for 8:30 we got there at 8 and where told that they would set us in 5-10 mins. so no big deal we sat at the bar. Then at 8:30 affter seeing walk ins being seated Iasked when we will be seated. They said they have other people and that it will now be another 10 mins. We got a table at 8:48 pm in a part of the resturant that was opened just for us becuase the other tables had been taken. THEN the hostest todl us they had to accomadate the walkins bc we had a table set for 8:30. The server was nice enugh... but I will not go back ever. Oh and the manager never came over to the table even when we asked. This is not the first bad time!
- Never disappointedTheBloodmanDined on 7/13/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary. As members of the fondue club, we'd received a voucher for 1/2 dozen chocolate strawberries. Very delicious. We took advantage of The Melting Pot's "stay-cation" special. Greeted at the door with a sample tropical drink. We like the new menu and it's wide variety of choices. Fish allergy prevents us from have seafood but the Melting Pot is very good at substituting out for extra meat. We had the Caribbean cheese fondue. It was very interesting, mixing pineapple juice and white wine. You wouldn't think that would be good but it actually was and the fondue itself had a mild sweetness to it. Flaming turtle for desert was perfect. As always, the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special placezebraDined on 7/12/2014I love to go to the Melting pot for my special occasions..birthday, engagement etc.. I find it romantic, service good and cheery and NO TVs with sports all over the place.stay the way you areSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I took a break from the kids and dined at the Melting Pot this past week. Everything was fantastic. We went with the 4 course option and started with the spinach & artichoke cheese fondue. Delicious. Each of us enjoyed seperate entrees and finished with the standard milk chocolate fondue. Everything was very good and the pace of the meal was perfect. We've found dining at other fondue restaurants to be arduous at times but this wasn't the case at Melting Pot. There were a number of smaller kids there and there is a children's menu available. We didn't find the bill too bad (we were pleasantly surprised actually) but my wife is pregnant so there was no alcohol consumed. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management is committedlinderDined on 7/11/2014The manager was attentive to the customers, he ensured the dining experience was good and memorable. Enjoyed a girl's night out. Try the tapas menu with a cheese fondue to start and finish with a chocolate fondue. A++ experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!Thisisme7Dined on 7/11/2014We chose the Melting Pot to celebrate my birthday and everything was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Date DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I went on a first date at The Melting Pot and could not have asked for a better experience. Our waiter was one of the friendliest and most knowledgeable waiters I have ever had, the four course fondue meal was outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing place to eatkellyDined on 7/10/2014I've heard about this place but never knew there was one in my home town so I took my boyfriend there for his birthday and we loved it. My favorite part was how secluded the booths were - it gave a lot of privacy which i loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!Eiramasil919Dined on 7/8/2014We decided to take our kids, ages 12 and 10, to something a little fancier and different than usual. We made reservations and got there early. They were able to take us immediately. It was nicely appointed inside, my kids liked the waterfall wall, but once you were in your booth, it was very cozy and it felt like it was only you there! Every course was delicious and got better as the evening went along. Our server was attentive and friendly. We never felt rushed or ignored, just right. Realize when you go, you cook your own meal and the whole experience will be at least two hours. Our family had a great time talking and laughing together. The kids didn't touch their electronics the whole night and it was very enjoyable!Special Features:
- staff and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Upon arrival at the Melting Pot we were seated within a few minutes of our reservation. The server was prompt in coming to take our drink. He was knowledgeable about the menu. We ordered the 4-course dinner and each portion of the meal was delicious and was served in a timely manner. I especially liked the fact that we were able to complete one course prior to arrival of the second course. We were celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary and had a coupon for chocolate covered strawberries. They were delicious. I would like to thank the staff and the chefs for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DodgeDined on 7/1/2014our server Taylor was excellent. It was my first time there and I could not have asked for a better server.Special Features:
- Unique dining experience - priceyFrugalFoodieDined on 6/29/2014Unless you are a complete fondue fanatic, I'm sorry to say you should consider The Melting Pot only for a very special occasion - for which you have plenty of time & money. I can see why it is so expensive: our party of 6 occupied a two-burner table for nearly four hours. It takes that long for the full dinner/dessert experience. With such a low turnover rate, coupled with the labor-intensive nature of the whole prepare-at-the-table thing, & all the special equipment, high prices are inevitable. Our cost - over $400 (including $75 tip) for 6 people - not heavy drinkers. The food itself, mostly excellent. Cheeses, broths, chocolate delicious. Fruits, meats, veggies and seafood fresh and tasty. Duck over-spiced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceDaddysangel4eva7Dined on 6/27/2014I love coming here. Although it's more on the expensive side than other restaurants, the food is delicious and service is great. The wait staff are all very friendly and we even had managers come check on us and help move things along quicker. Great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMeltingPotFanDined on 6/27/2014The Melting Pot has been one of our favorite restaurants for years. We go each year on our anniversary. We have always found the environment to be quiet and inviting for a nice adult dinner. This year, we were very surprised to see how many very young children were dining in the restaurant at the same time as we were. Unfortunately, many people do not watch their children well, and we had many children that were running back and forth past our table. The parents made no attempt to inform the kids that they were in a nice restaurant, and they were disrupting other diners by running around. Kids are not always perfectly behaved, but parents should make more of an attempt to reign their kids in, or management should intervene.Special Features:
- Missing WaiterTrishDined on 6/26/2014I've been to the Melting Pot many times; I even had my bridal shower there. I have never had a problem with service until now. Our waiter was very charming, but very much absent. He would be gone for more than 25 minutes at a stretch, not even to see if everything was ok or refill our water. We had chosen the oil, and the smoke was burning our eyes; by the time our waiter came to take it away, the oil was so dark it was almost lack inside the pot. We had to flag down a busboy to find our waiter to remove it! Teachers usually receive a gift for Teachers Night Out; we had to ask if that was still the case and our waiter did not know. When he did find them, he told us how he had to track them down, which didn't make us feel special at all.Special Features:
- Always a great nightDavidDined on 6/26/2014My girlfriend and I go here once every few months, and it is always a wonderful dinner. The food is always delicious and the staff and very friendly and helpful. And don't worry, you will leave full. Besides, who doesn't love melted cheese and chocolate?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014Our waitress was outstanding! We had a wonderful evening and the food was great!Special Features:
- Great experience!CPhillipsDined on 6/25/2014We went for my daughter's elementary school graduation. It was such a great and different experience. Everyone loved the appetizer/dessert courses. The dinner takes a little getting used to but overall I would highly recommend The Melting Pot.Special Features:
- ServiceClaudia11752Dined on 6/22/2014Our waitress was very slow and did not attend to our table enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LillDined on 6/17/2014Great cheese. I usually just order two cheese fondues, and they're incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First anniversaryLovebird614Dined on 6/14/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our first anniversary here. It was wonderful and romantic. They set us up infront of the fireplace in a private booth. And the staff was amazing, especially our waiter chris. He brought out a plate with happy anniversary written on it in strawberry jam. They alo gave up $10 off our next visit. Great food an great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt every timetajmahalkidDined on 6/13/2014We love the melting pot and this location didn't disappoint. Our waitress was amazing. For sure go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun - and the skinny...KevannonDined on 6/12/2014...on the "SkinnyDipper" It's always a great experience. Waiter, Mike, is always so attentive. This was our first time going for the entree. We always left feeling stuffed like a turkey after just cheese and chocolate, but saw the "Skinny Dipper" on their catering contract and trout we could give it a shot. Well - I didn't feel so skinny afterwards-LOL. TIP: never hesitate to make requests for changes to the chocolate. If they have it they will customize. Same goes for most cheeses I'm sure. FYI: Skinny Dipper isnt on the regular menu. The Skinny Dipper is just small portions of: shrimp, salmon, chicken, mini spinach ravioli, potatoes, asparagus and broccoli. PLUS... You start with the cheese, then salad. Chocolate to finish up-of courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!foxloversDined on 6/10/2014Never disappointed here. Fondue is great, service is great.Special Features:
- anniversaryanniversaryDined on 6/10/2014Manager took off $10 from old discount. Food was good. Nice to know they offer flowers for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot-Fun Food ExperiencelongislandeatsDined on 6/8/2014Third time for us and it was excellent. Server was pretty attentive. Eventually, they leave you alone for a while so you can cook and eat. It is not an inexpensive place to eat. Three of us walked out for $142. But, the experience is fun and you eat at a leisurely pace as you cook your food. We had the 4-course experience which includes cheese fondue, salad, entree and chocolate fondue for dessert. Filling. Good choices. They explain everything. It was a good experience. We will certainly go back.Special Features: