The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
2377 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/farmingdale/specials
- Phone: 6317524242
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please note: two burner requests can not be honored via online reservations. To request these tables, you must call the restaurant and our Hospitality Specialist will be happy to assist you.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer large party rooms that can accommodate 26 to 68 guests. We are happy to accommodate lunch parties for 20 or more guests with adequate notice. Please visit our website to view banquet menus.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Gracia/Christina Costanzo 6317524242
- Entertainment: Enhance your dining experience with one of our custom celebration packages! Simply state which package you would like waiting at your table.
Roses - 3 for $20/ 6 for $30 - both include vase, greenery and a photo of party.
Balloon Package: $12 - includes balloons, a Melting Pot chocolate bar and a photo.
Golf Package: $25 - pint glass, logo balls, tees, a towel and a photo.
Teddy Bear: $18 - includes balloons, bear and a photo.
Souvenir Package: $25 - logo pint glass, t-shirt, balloons and photo.
- Special Events: Join our Club Fondue to receive emails regarding special events and coupons! Visit www.meltingpot.com for more details.
A word from The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
Join us for a fabulous fondue feast at the nation's largest fondue restaurant! The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale - Best Restaurants in Farmingdale ›
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)romantic (108)good for groups (85)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (33)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (23)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (15)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- 10/10. Birthday package worth it.foodiealertDined on 10/17/2014I took my husband there for his b-day. We both agreed at the end of the night that it was the best date we had ever had and we're going for every special occasion that comes up. The service was fantastic (I asked, they go through three weeks of training) and the food was EXCELLENT. They make your cheese for you at the table, you cook your own entree in boiling liquid or oil, and dessert comes melted already. The experience overall was fun and exciting and much different. The waiter was very knowledgeable. And also, they bring you endless dippers so the fondue is good until the last drop. We left STUFFED (unexpectedly) and very satisfied. Dinner was 2.25 hours on Friday night. Birthday package was perfect. Call after you make res. for info.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It's good for desert or maybe a drink and fondue at the bar. Service bad, and very over priced.Special Features:
- BREAST CANCER AWARENESS EVENTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014WE WERE A TABLE OF 6 GIRLS DINING TOGETHER FROM WORK FOR THE BREST CANCER AWARENESS EVENT! THE SPECIAL DINNER WAS EXCELLANT AND THE PINK DRINKS WERE DELICIOUS. MUCH TO OUR SURPRISE WE HAD A PRIVATE ROOM AND A WONDERFUL TIME! OUR WAITRESS ALEXA WAS A GEM AND WE WOULD RECOMMEND HER AND THE MELTING POT TO EVERYONE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Poor front of house staff. Open Table seating policy not well defined.Special Features:
- Love the Melting PotJanger7Dined on 10/13/2014Nothing more to note...other then I am never unhappy with the Food, Service, I receive from the Farmingdale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic night outPhilbaDined on 10/11/2014Excellent job all around. Food was great and the service was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChroniusXDined on 10/11/2014Both the food and service was top notch. The experience was made easy (first time going) fun and very relaxing. The food was dynamite and we we're not rushed to make room for the next table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticlove100713Dined on 10/7/2014Went to the Melting Pot - Farmingdale for my anniversary with my boyfriend. It was perfect. it was our first time there and the waiter helped us figure out the menu and what the best choices were. The noise level wasn't loud, the food was great. It was great for a romantic night for the two of us and we also noticed it would be fun to come with friends. We already know we'll definitely be back soon and I've already started recommending this place to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticblondieDined on 10/4/2014Alexa was great! We had a wonderful romantic time. Thsnk you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BogieDined on 9/27/2014Womens bathroom was disgusting looked like it had not been cleaned from the day before . Mentioned it to the manager and he said he would take care of it ,when I went back in after dinner nothing had been done. Would probably not return for that reason.Unfortunate, because it was a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Fondue!jrcliDined on 9/27/2014It is such fun to prepare your own meal. It makes the meal an event. The cheese fondue may be even more delicious than the chocolate, if that's possible! LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKalenaDined on 9/26/2014Very nice place! service is fantastic, I went to celebrate my husband birthday and thy did a such great job. The experience with the fundue was super, fun day. Very recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemyselfandIDined on 9/26/2014Not a fav and probably will not return -- perhaps with kids for a bday dessert possibly if anything. Bathrooms had cups and paper on floors. Booth benches were too low for the table top, especially when you had to reach into a fondue pot. Women had to sit with their legs underneath to reach pots safely. Our server was wonderful and probably the best part of the experience. Very helpful with all the explanations and continually pleasant. Cheese appetizer starter was very good. Dessert was fantastic and truly what the place should be all about. Meal left a lot to be desired. "Boiled Meat" as one guest referred to it just may not be for everyone.
- Great way to celebrate a birthdayDmbmartin12Dined on 9/26/2014I took my girlfriend and her son out for her birthday and we had a blast. They were super accommodating and our server was great with our boy. It was definitely a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great!SeanJohn12Dined on 9/25/2014I have no complaints! The restaraunt is comfortable. Our waitress was so nice and helpful. The food is fun and taste great. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and food!foodiegeekDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I made reservations through Open Table for The Melting Pot in Farmingdale, NY as we had heard many great things about it. In the comment section, I had noted how my husband was in a wheelchair and needed an accessible table but also wanted a nice quiet table because it was our anniversary. Upon arrival, an anniversary card was propped on our table and both our server (Shawn) and the manager wished us a happy anniversary. Server was super nice and very knowledgeable about the menu. Each of the 4 courses were spaced out perfectly which is great for a slow eater like myself. We were given complimentary champagne with chocolate covered strawberries and a $10 off coupon for a future use for our anniversary. FIVE STAR experience!!!Special Features:
- worst dinner everpq27VIPDined on 9/21/2014I should have suspected it would be bad when I had to send my iced tea back since it was terrible. The salads were substandard and the quality of the proteins for cooking was poor. I think this caters to people who may love cheese and chocolate fondue but we just wanted the main course and I will NEVER go back again!!!!!
- LOVE LOVE LOVE The Melting Pot.Fondue4usDined on 9/20/2014We usually go to the Melting pot 2 or 3 times a year. Its my wife's favorite special night out restaurant. From The Cheese course, all he way to the Chocolate fondue, its as perfect a dining experience that we can expect. Thanks again Melting Pot for another GREAT Birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usual...CHfromSBUXDined on 9/20/2014But not great. Arrived early for a reservation. Another couple with the same reservation time who arrived ten minutes after us was seated before us. We waited another 20 min to be seated. Waitress was nice. Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favorite melting potDannieDined on 9/20/2014The melting pot is one of my favorite restaurants I go there for every one of my birthdays and special occasions. The farmingdale location did not live up to my expectations. The service was VERY slow,the server never asked for drink refills, and it seemed like we were the forgotten table. I will never be going back to this location.Special Features:
- Awesome AnniversaryLaurMikeDined on 9/20/2014I went here for my anniversary with my boyfriend. We had an amazing time and our waitress was OUTSTANDING. Our meal was delicious and they gave us complimentary champagne. We would deff come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sdl071914Dined on 9/19/2014Mike j was our server he was amazing! He helped make our dining experience a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was great. Food was awfulDisGustedDined on 9/19/2014The waitress was very nice, but the food was awful. The cheese fondu was the worst part, we got the cheddar cheese and the spinach and artichoke dip. It was bland and awful. For dinner i asked to get a vegetable platter of normal veggies such as broccoli, Potatoes, & carrots because the vegetable meal had things like tofu and stuff that was gross. They gave it to me anyway, even though I asked about 5 times to just get the potatoes, broccoli, and carrots. All that money was a waste.
- 21st birthdaySaraszotDined on 9/17/2014The melting pot staff had made celebrating my 21st fun and a great experience. I will definitely be back in the future!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The service was excellent. Our waitress Kerry was the best. The food was amazing. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostlyoldschoolDined on 9/14/2014Went with the family. Underwhelmed by whole experience. Menu is confusing. Ingredients were fresh, but sparse for the cost.
- Great Experiencenikkibeach23Dined on 9/14/2014This was my second time at the Melting Pot and the service was excellent. The food was good. You have to heat it up yourself, which some people might not like, but I enjoyed it.Special Features:
- An evening to rememberbambam53Dined on 9/7/2014The first time that I tried making reservations at The Melting Pot it was Valentine's this past year, unfortunately for us there were no openings. I didn't forget however and my wife and I just celebrated our 39th Wedding Anniversary and it was the perfect evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE FONDUEMAIRTHEMOUSEDined on 9/6/2014I brought 3 of my close friends with me to help celebrate my 50th! We had a blast & the food was great!! I treated myself to a 2nd pot of the swiss fondue for my entree as my friends were eating theirs. The service was good. Our waiter was very friendly & did a great job explaining our choices. I LOVE this place!! I will be back, even if by myself! hehehe I LOVE CHEESE FONDUE!!!Special Features:
- DELICIOUSDaddysangel4eva7Dined on 9/6/2014I absolutely love coming here with my friends as well as with my husband. This place is great for both a friendly dinner and a romantic one. The food is simply delicious and this is one of my favorite places to eat. My first time here i was a bit uncertain about cooking my own food, but its fun and you get use to it. Most importantly, the food is so good from the cheese fondue to the entree and then to the dessert finale of chocolate fondue. There are several cheese and chocolate fondues to choose from and sometimes i come here just for those and skip the entree. I would definitely recommend trying this place if you haven't already.Special Features:
- Sat at the BarsecndlokkDined on 9/5/2014Best bartender I have had in a long time courteous friendly helpful had a great time. Meanwhile my daughter and her friends sat at a table on fondue'd themselves silly. staff was great. my kid loves the place, and i enjoy the dessert how could you go wrong with melted chocolate on anythingSpecial Features:
- Always great, but...Alfe88Dined on 9/3/2014They never almost never provide napkins or not enough. The one thing I hate about this place is oil gets everywhere and there's nothing to wipe it up with. They NEED to provide paper napkins and wipes because it's gross and the bathroom is too far. Don't plan on wearing anything nice because I've ruined a brand new shirt before. I love the service here, never had a bad waiter or experience, but I can't stand how they explain everything to you like a child. I've been here 4 times and stated to them I've already been here, just prep stuff and go. I don't need all the showmanship, it gets really annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeriDined on 9/3/2014I love it! A wonderful dinner that leaves any foodie satisfied. Beware the chocolate fondue - it's irresistible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014For a nice romantic feel, or a good group of friends an excellent find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So enjoyable and delicious!FondueFanaticDined on 8/29/2014We went for dinner on a Friday night at 5pm. We had dinner reservations for 6 but they seated us right away. Our server, Kerri, was great! We ordered cheese fondue, salad, and chocolate fondue. It was the perfect amount for the 3 of us.Special Features:
- LOVE the melting pot! (Glutenfree)MandarinoDined on 8/22/2014Went with the hubby for a date night. Impressive waitstaff - out server was personable, timed everything perfect, and was great but even other staff was quick to help. My hubby needs to be gluten free and most of there menu is naturally gluten free and the staff is knowledgable. We each took advantage of the 4 course meal and each item was better than the next. We most certainly be back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for drinks and dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Had a blast with friends over chocolate fondue with drinks. Great privacy, tho service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appi and desert skip mainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014The service was not so great and I never say that. It was great fun but I would not order a main course again just appi and skip right to desert. The kids had a blastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DaniDined on 8/20/2014The melting pot in Farmingdale is a great place to have a girls night with your friends or a date night with your significant other. I am there once every couple of months. Great food, great service and always a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like no otherMikeDined on 8/19/2014You won't find many places this great! The food and the experience is like no other and the staff is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.